Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 Part 8: Welcoming our Easter Chicks & as Alex & Evan hopefully go home!

(995 Posts)
toobreathless Sun 24-Mar-13 13:15:05

Over here Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me starting this thread too.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1689714-April-2013-Part-7-As-our-miracle-Alex-continues-to-grow-the-one-that-sees-us-reach-TERM

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

Wonderful news for today as we welcome babycandy and little Charlotte and hoping that this thread sees little Alex and Evan home very soon.

How many more babies will this thread see?

wishfulthinking1 Thu 18-Apr-13 20:33:52

Huge congratulations aufanie and birdbrain!

My bloody back ache seems to have stopped. Arse!

tonight could still be the night!!

At least if nothing happens tonight, when we wake up DH and I will be able to say with some certainty "we're having the baby tomorrow!" (Induction booked for Saturday)

Xx
40+11 (aka officially the most overdue. Someone give me a fucking medal).
Xx

aufaniae Thu 18-Apr-13 20:41:30

birdbrain congratulations! flowers and possibly some nice wine too grin

Jaqueline, that could be promising! I started a thread just yesterday morning Is constant backpain a sign of labour Reckon I've got the answer to that question now grin

I then got what seemed like very mild contractions. I wasn't even sure if they were contractions really. Then suddenly they weren't mild at all and I was calling DP to take me to hospital.

Got our fingers crossed for you here smile

aufaniae Thu 18-Apr-13 20:44:57

wishfulthinking1 probably not a prize you want to win, but here's your medal biscuit

(It might look a little, um, biscuity, but it's a medal honest wink)

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

(Have you tried sex, curry, walking, pineapple, hot bath? Not necessarily all at once!)

aufaniae Thu 18-Apr-13 20:48:07

Rivergirly hope things start for you soon too!

Your ex is being totally unrealistic and selfish, how frustrating. I guess if the DCs are with him when you go into labour, he'll just have to cancel his plans. But if he's already out what will you do?

Do you have a back up? I hope it's not stressing you out too much.

num3onway Thu 18-Apr-13 20:50:39

Congratulations bird!

Fingers crossed for those with aches and pains!

Rivergirly Thu 18-Apr-13 21:11:27

Wishful you so deserve that medal - really frustrating when everyone else seems to be popping babies out too!!

Jaq really hope this is the beginning of things for you too - back ache and cramps defo sound promising

Thanks aufaniae I hope they are with him when I do go into labour then the problem will be with him to sort. I rarely ask anything of him at all but he continuously assumes I am just sat at home with nothing to do - like unpaid child care and if he clicks his fingers then he can just have the boys when it suits him and also not have them when it doesn't fit in. I do have some loose back up plans but the other family members are dependant on day and time - people's jobs etc! Bit different when you are actually the parent I feel!!

It has been an extra stress I don't need but trying to keep calm and not worry about it until lo decides to make a move then we can make a decision - the boys would equally prefer to stay home with alternative family members than have to stay with their dad so feeling is fairly mutual!!

num3onway Thu 18-Apr-13 21:18:06

Your ex sounds very selfish river! Fingers crossed baby decides to make an appesrence at a good time for your alternative childcare!x

birdbrain17 Thu 18-Apr-13 22:01:37

just finished reading updates wishful really thinking of you!!!!
induction was fine I had no intervention and only gas and air if thats any comfort to anyone. Will tell full story of how induction came about another time.
good luck to those still waiting, labour is painful but an incredible expirience with a fantastic end result...thinking of you all xx

Dysgu Thu 18-Apr-13 22:02:32

Congratulations to aufaniae and bird Hope you are all enjoying happy snuggles.

Empress You and Sam have been on my mind. I just logged on to check if you had posted an update so is wonderful to sse that Sam has moved out of ICU. Fingers crossed he keeps making such fabulous progress and that the doctors find out what has caused the tumours. So happy to see that they are benign so hope they will be able to do something about them. Take care of yourself xx

Fingers crossed for those of you waiting... hope tonight is your night.

HadALittleFaithBaby Thu 18-Apr-13 22:03:09

Hello all!

Wishing for labour to kick off for all who are struggling!

Tea 2 hour labour has its advantages but pain free it was not!

So delighted to hear about Sam's progress Empress. What a trooper!

We are getting there I think (finally!). We were still having major feeding issues and relying on cups for top ups (easy for tired, tiny babies to lap from). Had another bad night and I despaired...this morning we tried feeding with a nipple shield and she's barely stopped! I feel so much happier, she is more content. DH took her this afternoon and got her properly settled and she napped for 2 hours so I did too!
If we can successfully continue this tonight, I really think we might get home tomorrow. Longest 4 days of my life but the sense of satisfaction when she feeds right is indescribable! smile

MonkeyBlossom Thu 18-Apr-13 22:37:35

Congratulations to everyone whos had their babies and fingers crossed all the over due ones arrive soon!
I feel your pain, I went 15 days over with DD and was induced, so hopefully your little ones will be here soon.

So pleased Sam is doing better, been thinking of you.

Fluffeh I also have pre op tomorrow at 9 and section on Monday, trying to make a list of questions, worried I'll forget everything as soon as I get there!
Mostly I think I want to find out about getting skin to skin straight away, and if he'll be taken away while I'm being stitched up. I really want to have him on my chest straight away, as I'm abit worried about bonding after a section, irrational I know!!
Has anyone else founds this an issue?

toobreathless Fri 19-Apr-13 04:29:31

So much to catch up on!

Wonderful news empress that Sam is doing so well.

Huge congratulations bird & aufaniae on your baby girls! aufaniae have followed some of your bane threads and keen to know what you decide to call her.

For those overdue ladies I hope things get started soon for you. I know how frustrating it is having gone very over & eventually being induced with DD1.

Missmuffet28 Fri 19-Apr-13 06:12:12

Is any one there? I think I may be in labour but I don't know sad I feel such a wally I went to sleep with a bit of a cramp but woke about 5.15 for what I thought was my usual wee but I had the cramp feeling again and it went away thought it was bit of bad belly shall we say so went to toilet and when I wiped there was some pinky blood and my pain keeps coming back I can't appear to talk or walk through it but its a little irregular at the mo like between every 2-4 mins for 20-30 secs I should ring ward and ask for advice right sad

Missmuffet28 Fri 19-Apr-13 06:13:34

Oh and all the pain is literally in the period pain type area like around my knicker line sad

wishfulthinking1 Fri 19-Apr-13 06:26:49

missmuffet - defo sounds labour-like! I'm so jealous! I think ring the ward- and good luck!

Nothing doing over here- went to bed with back ache, and I'm certain I had a mild contraction, so I got excited, took paracetamol and went to sleep- then nothing happened! And here I am again, awake, and nothing! So, it looks like I'm on for induction tomorrow- going to try to relax today. Just suggested a bit of nookie to DH but he's not up for it- way to make a gal feel good!! not sure I blame him, I'm not hugely excited by the prospect either. Going to make him a cup of tea- see if I can't change his mind!
X

40+12

Xx

wishfulthinking1 Fri 19-Apr-13 07:58:17

Right.... Mission accomplished- amazing what a cup of tea can do!

I have now tried.... Sex, pineapple, curry, baths, birthing ball, walking, nipple tweaking and nothing's happened. The top of my bump is really hard though- I normally have a lot of BH, but they are usually lower down- today they're much higher up- very odd. Did anyone have this before they went into labour? Could it be a sign?
X

HadALittleFaithBaby Fri 19-Apr-13 08:53:36

missmuffet if you can't talk through them and they're that frequent it sounds like labour! Hope you've rung the ward!

wishful my bump was really hard for about two days before my waters broke so maybe it's a good sign?!

We've had a great night. Faithlet had essentially acted like a newborn breast feeding baby! On the boob every 1-3 hours for 10-50 minutes. She also slept in between therefore I slept too! As long as doc is happy we can go home! smile.

WestieMamma Fri 19-Apr-13 09:12:07

Baby Jacob David St George was due on 1 May but decided a speedy arrival on Wednesday 17th at 11.15 was preferably. The paramedic has since found a new job as Wicket Keeper for the national cricket team following his rocket like arrival out in the street as his mummy clung to the back step of the ambulance.

WestieMamma (previously FlamingNoraImPregnantPanda)

enjay0811 Fri 19-Apr-13 09:23:18

Wow westiemamma good job the paramedic was there!! Congratulations!

Due date today and still no baby. Totally fed up. Spent the last 3 days/night's with on/off backache, period pain type cramps and very strong bh but still nothing! Waiting to see midwife to ask wot happens next? Dd's were on time but this one is either very comfy or lazy!!

40 wks today - woo bloody hoo

Mama1980 Fri 19-Apr-13 09:39:06

Wow westiemamma what a dramatic arrival! Glad all is well and the paramedic was there. Congratulations. grin thanks

Thinking of you all still uncomfortable. Sending positive baby arrival vibes your way smile

Thinking of you and sam empress xxx

wishfulthinking1 Fri 19-Apr-13 09:47:29

Wow westie! Big congratulations- hope you've all recovered from the drama!!

faith - fingers crossed that you can go home today.

I have minor developments to report- my twingy back ache is back and drumroll please I think I just had a bit of a bloody show! It was certainly pinky blood tinged and jelly like- not a huge amount- but more might be on the way! I was going to see my folks today, but have cancelled as don't really want to be driving if something is happening. But even if nothing does happen, I think it shows body is doing something which might mean induction has more chance of success if nothing happens today.

Oooooooh- I'm so excited!!!

Xxxxxx

Missmuffet28 Fri 19-Apr-13 09:51:57

Yep it was labour and he got here at 9.23!!! Just a bit of gas and air and no name yet smile x

wishfulthinking1 Fri 19-Apr-13 09:59:24

Blimey missmuffet - that was quick!! Huge congratulations!!
Xx

JaquelineHyde Fri 19-Apr-13 09:59:45

Nothing happening here!

Westie and bird congratualtions on your arrivals, you lucky things you.

wishful I have everything crossed for you that you are on the verge of immense pain grin

I am off to the midwifes now and hoping that she will do a sweep, although something tells me they won't do it this early.

40+1

usernamegoeshere Fri 19-Apr-13 10:51:10

Oooh nice to see so much good news on thread today! wishful that does sound promising!

I must admit to feeling mildly jealous of those going into labour but I'm certain this one is waiting on induction and trying to relax and focus on being ready for Tuesday (well Tuesday for priming which me thought will be enough - otherwise Wednesday if I need drip)

40+7 (4 sleeps!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now