Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 Part 8: Welcoming our Easter Chicks & as Alex & Evan hopefully go home!

(995 Posts)
toobreathless Sun 24-Mar-13 13:15:05

Over here Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me starting this thread too.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1689714-April-2013-Part-7-As-our-miracle-Alex-continues-to-grow-the-one-that-sees-us-reach-TERM

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

Wonderful news for today as we welcome babycandy and little Charlotte and hoping that this thread sees little Alex and Evan home very soon.

How many more babies will this thread see?

Mama1980 Mon 25-Mar-13 15:58:07

Hi
firstly

dysgu thank you so much for your words yesterday, they really helped. I think you're right with prem babies you have time to think to realise and really feel how fragile everything seems at times and how scary it all can be. My poor brother, really thought he was doing something lovely I've promised I will look by the time Alex goes to senior school, 11 years should be enough time smilehow are you and Evan?

Thanks fluffeh- how are you doing? Exciting.....

Thanks trishstar smile

Floss-good to hear from you, how's you and xavier getting on?

Havealittlefaith- thanks smile

Katy-good luck tomorrow I'll be thinking of you

Jj247- thank you smile

Notshortimfunsized- I hope you're feeling better soon

N3ntheway- thanks smile

Giddy- good luck tomorrow I will be thinking of you x

Toobreathless- thanks smile

Sorry if I missed anyone, I tried to name check you all I promise!

And we are home!smilesmilesmilesmilesmile 1 week short of 4 months old and 5lbs5oz and we got home about a hour ago, my dd will be home any second, we've been rushing to get back and settled before she does-I'm so excited! My dog went crazy, the cat went crazier and I keep crying, but good crying.
Pic on fb of Alex in his 3 sleep/snowsuits getting ready go. So far he has fed, been cuddled by ds1 and been awake a lot!
Thank you all so so so much xxx

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 25-Mar-13 16:04:03

Congratulations Mama smile thanks <sheds a little tear>

river enjoy the time off!

Good luck giddy! smile

num3onway Mon 25-Mar-13 16:10:55

Well done mama and Alex, you must be made up!

KelleStar Mon 25-Mar-13 16:30:14

So very happy for you mama! Alex looks lovely in his layers smile would live to hear what DD's reaction is when she finds the two of you on the sofa looking comfy!

Roxoroxy Mon 25-Mar-13 16:33:34

Hello again everyone and massive congratulations to all the new mums (and to the mums all over again!).

It's my first day of maternity leave today... didn't quite know what to do with myself when DH left for work. But I have now ironed all the clothes for my little one when she comes, applied for a parking permit for mum when she comes to stay and knocked off various other little bits of admin. Still, I'm not very good at being at home alone - lucky I'm going to have someone to look after soon!

I'm due in 10 days and I'm getting pains in my lower abdomen (? cervix?), but not coming in waves and mainly when I'm walking around. Anyone else getting this? And does it mean that things might be imminent?

Roxoroxy Mon 25-Mar-13 16:54:57

And Mama congratulations!!! Great news and wishing you and your whole family every joy as you enjoy being home with them again.

lutrinae Mon 25-Mar-13 17:46:00

Congratulations Mama! Such good news.

And good luck tomorrow giddy and katy. You must be so excited.

I've got 2 days of work left till mat leave and honestly can't believe I've made it this far. Feel absurdly proud.

It would be quite funny to give birth on April Fools as that's mine and DP's anniversary, but I'd rather he/she stay put for a little bit so I get some relaxing time.

Also getting some period like pains and shooting pains into my cervix and bum but they seem to come and go from one day to the next.

38 + 1

That's fantastic news mama enjoy every minute of being home and all together as a family. So chuffed for you. grin

I'm with those starting maternity leave - first official day, plus DH has the week off as needs to use up AL. So we've had lots of time to chill and also bought some funky new red kitchen chairs in the sale on a whim.. grin And have sorted out downstairs room, so lots of nesting here. DH is now napping (anyone would think he's pregnant!).

Giddy and fluffs good luck today and keep us posted flowers.

alwayshopeful13 Mon 25-Mar-13 18:10:46

Hugest congrats mama - just fab news that you and Alex are home!! Enjoy all the settling in and whole new set of 'firsts' you are about to embark on en famille.

giddy and katy good luck for tomorrow-will be thinking of you and sending best of good luck wishes.

Is anyone else who's just starting mat leave finding that they're sleeping for England (or Scotland, Wales, Ireland-take your pick!)? To be fair last few weeks at work were horrendous so i guess I'm still in recovery mode but so far my routine has been mainly (a) lying in til 9ish then (b) enjoying some pottering/washing/online shopping whilst watching yummy rubbish daytime tv before (c) settling down for a nice afternoon nap (just woke up after 3 hours!). Just bliss! Mind you-today here might be an element of the relief factor....had our 36 week growth scan this morn and everything is as it should be. Baby estimated 5lbs 8oz today (though I know those estimates can turn out to be wildly out) and consultant said while it's a smallish baby it's in normal range. Hurrah!

Anyway, sorry for the 'isn't mat leave so relaxing' post when I know it's not like that for everyone, esp those planning house moves or those with older little ones to run around after (sorry know somebody mentioned this already but can't scroll back properly to name check who).

xx (36+3)

alwayshopeful13 Mon 25-Mar-13 18:12:18

Oops sorry good luck fluffeh also x

usernamegoeshere Mon 25-Mar-13 18:15:01

Yey mama finally home, congratulations!

Had a nice surprise where money is concerned and feeling much better in general today, am really proud of how I been coping with codeine too, walking up hill/stairs is really painful but am just about managing, also oh and me have a nice week planned so I'm fine if bump wants to appear but no longer wishing her out too urgently!

Good luck for those being induced! How exciting, I hope I do have baby on this thread, my bh are more frequent now and been having tightenings that are quite uncomfortable so maybe...

37+3

usernamegoeshere Mon 25-Mar-13 18:16:11

Coping without codeine I meant!

EmpressMatilda Mon 25-Mar-13 18:25:37

Wow mama that's great. Love the pic on fb of Alex all ready to go out!

giddy and katy all the best. Looking forward to more baby news and pics.

Fluffeh How did the appointment go? I have no idea about these things but as a few others on this thread seem to think your labour is imminent I wish you the best of luck. MAybe we'll have another one for the stats tomorrow!

jj That's a lot to contend with at this stage. I almost go into meltdown when I have to drive my car to town and I get exhausted just putting the washing on! Wishing you best of luck with it.

Roxy I'm also getting those on and off as well as lower back pain. Saw the midwife today and she said it was fairly typical for this point in the pregnancy and didn't necessarily signify anything is about to happen hmm So I just don't know anymore. I am ignoring most symptoms at present as just 'one of those things'. At this rate I will be halfway through labour before I actually realise I am...

I managed to get a decent Hauck travel system for free off freecycle which has made me very, very happy and have spent today getting the covers all washed and dried.

Am continuing to have strange maternal feelings towards my car. If I'm not driving it I keep looking out of the window 'to make sure it's alright' and if I am driving it I keep talking to it and apologising for being such a crap driver. I think I am going a bit mad in my late pregnancy.

38+3

MumofWombat Mon 25-Mar-13 21:11:36

Such lovely news that mama and Alex are home!

I'm not having a great night. I KNEW this would happen, DSs two year molars have started to give him grief - and I'm in for my csection on Thursday. So I'm going to have a tired whingey toddler on top of an unhappy one who is going to have to learn to share Mummy and Daddy. Gah.

It's also difficult to decide if I'm more looking forward to newborn cuddles or the end of heartburn and pelvic girdle pain! But I think I'm just about ready for Thursday, jobs for today are to charge up camera batteries and put in hospital bag and to get DH to burn a CD of some of our favourite songs to be played in the operating room. Everything else can wait or is done!

Congrats mama on going home, must be such a huge relief. Hope you have lots of fun settling back in, at least the weather means you have to stay all cosy inside smile

milktraylady Mon 25-Mar-13 22:10:33

Mama, so pleased to hear you are both home, that's wonderful news gringringringrin

Dysgu Mon 25-Mar-13 22:27:31

Mama so happy that you and Alex have made it home. I imagine your DD has been really excited and happy to have you home and it must have been wonderful for her to come home and find you both there. How old is DS1 - I can picture him cuddling his little brother - my girls are really excited about the prospect of being able to cuddle Evan soon.

There seem to be a number of people of this thread who are going to be holding their babies in their arms in the next few days - it is all so exciting and we still have a few days of March to go!

And there seem to be a number of people really struggling with the final stretch. Pregnancy is so strange, isn't it - for so many of us we just don't know when things are actually going to happen. But then, for those people being induced or having CS it must seem strange too to know when the DC is going to arrive - of course, induction can take a while but I guess you know things are going to start happening?!

Dysgu Mon 25-Mar-13 22:32:59

I am so glad that we do not have any snow - it seems like a lot of places on the mainland are really having a tough time. It would be so much more complicated to have the girls home from school or to not be able to get to the hospital easily.

It is cold here with extreme winds but is quite hard to imagine what some people are going through... until I check my FB and see friends 'up north' showing how bad things are.

Of course, it is snuggly warm in NICU! I pile on my layers to get there and then have to strip down to just a t-shirt. I don't know what Evan is going to think when he comes home - we live in a 3-storey house and tend not to even heat the top floor where the DDs play and sleep and enough heat tends to go up - although you can feel the temperature drop when you get halfway up the top flight of stairs - we might have to change the settings on the thermostat - or maybe spring will come!

He is now down to just his NG tube and a tummy tab to monitor his breathing - although I can unplug that when he is with me and not in his cot so he is not attached to any machines smile He loves cuddles and is a really contented baby - DD2 is sure he is already smiling at her - although she knows all about how windy he is and finds his farting VERY funny grin

Knewtothis Tue 26-Mar-13 06:36:45

Morning all. Have read all pages of new thread and can't believe how many babies have been born! Warm congratulations to you all, I still have 5 weeks to go until the last day in April! That seems a loooong time! So pleased mama has been able to take Alex home, what a special moment. I agree that * dysgu* gave really lovely words up thread, so lovely. And, wombat I feel your pain with heartburn and pelvic pain, oh for it to end will be such a relief. Please come back and tell us after you had the baby that it does go away!

Today, I must get things for and pack,my hospital bag I think. On Easter hols now and then mat leave so need to get cracking! I'm setting myself small goals for each day as just can't manage loads. Today, it's the bag and the ironing pile which has been building up for ages! If there is ever a Spring day ever this year, I plan to wash the baby clothes and dry them outside but the way things are looking, even my baby will arrive in the cold! Hope everyone with babies already has enough warm things for them - you probably didn't bank on needing warmer clothing for a Spring baby!

Giddypants Tue 26-Mar-13 06:53:38

Ok here I go, wish me luck swill update as soon as I can xx

JessieEssex Tue 26-Mar-13 07:13:42

Best of luck giddy - so exciting! X

MumOfTwoCats Tue 26-Mar-13 07:15:35

Good luck Giddy I'll be doing the same a week on Friday!

37+2

wishfulthinking1 Tue 26-Mar-13 07:38:53

Good luck giddy!

38 + 2

X

Knewtothis Tue 26-Mar-13 07:39:32

Good luck Giddy - how exciting!

SneezySnatcher Tue 26-Mar-13 07:44:09

Good luck Giddy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now