Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 Part 8: Welcoming our Easter Chicks & as Alex & Evan hopefully go home!

(995 Posts)
toobreathless Sun 24-Mar-13 13:15:05

Over here Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me starting this thread too.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1689714-April-2013-Part-7-As-our-miracle-Alex-continues-to-grow-the-one-that-sees-us-reach-TERM

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

Wonderful news for today as we welcome babycandy and little Charlotte and hoping that this thread sees little Alex and Evan home very soon.

How many more babies will this thread see?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 07-Apr-13 14:14:58

Aw I'm glad you're home jacq. I hope you start to feel better soon DVD baby stays put til you're 100%!

Weird question - anyone finding their bump is very tender near the bottom?

DannyBoy10 Sun 07-Apr-13 14:21:18

Congratulations to all the new arrivals - can't believe how many there have been in the last few days! And JH, hope the ABs kick in soon and you manage to fully recover before baby arrives.

faith and birdbrain I know exactly what you mean about mixed emotions. This week I've verged from bursting into tears over the slightest thing and just wanting to hide away from people, to being really excited about meeting my baby soon and dancing round the kitchen to Beyonce with DS.

I seem to remember i was really emotional before DS arrived too, and in a lot of ways it was easier looking after a newborn (after the first week or so anyway) than being heavily pregnant. Apart from anything else, I find sleeping really difficult during pregnancy and never feel like I get more than a couple of hours sleep at a time. When DS was born, even though I was BF during the night, we would both go back to sleep easily afterwards and I felt like I actually slept well compared to during pregnancy. Hopefully it will be the same again this time and DS will stop waking up at 6am.

Knewtothis Sun 07-Apr-13 14:54:04

I have been reading everyones news but not had much time to post. I can't believe how manny lovely babies have been born but guess we are now in April! Congratulations to everyone who has already had their baby and hope you are all settling down to a routine ( of sorts!). I know Ijust read about essex and too but congrats to all I missed too.

To those brave enough to walk up steep hills and try to get labour going, I think you are very brave - I still find labour scary though am getting to the point where I just want it to come so maybe the later it gets, I too will be walking up hills! ( Though not the Lincoln hill - even not pregnant that's a killer I remember from my day trips there).

Have been trying to keep busy to take my mind of the heartburn and it seems to be working . I did something completely unbaby related and made a bag for the first time ever! Had got some lovely fabric and it's not bad for a first ever attempt at bag making! Now wish I hadn't bought nursery curtains etc as I probably could have made them . Then again, I'm not going to have much time soon so in reality it probably wouldn't have happened.

36+ 5 today so still a way to go - then again, I am due on the last day of the month!

usernamegoeshere Sun 07-Apr-13 16:14:20

Ooooh congratulations Essex and too!

I'm unbelievably jealous, every day that goes by am more grumpy and fed up now, just want her here where I can see her, also obviously want the whole labour bit over with... I actually live on a hill and up several flights of stairs but so far nothing is budging her and all my previous labour signs have gone!

BonaDea Sun 07-Apr-13 18:29:45

Congrats Essex and too breathless. Love the name celeste, too! Seems like there are loads of thread babies now - wonder how many we were expecting in total?!

wishfulthinking1 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:34:05

havingalittlefaith - yes to the tender bump!! I've really grown over the last week and I feel I almost need to hold my bump underneath to support it. It's quite achey- feels like sore muscles. I've been very a little bit grumpy today- had a billion well meaning text messages that have hacked me off- even though they're just lovely friends being interested. DH has been a bit of an arse today too- in my humble opinion!

Just back from a long walk- but nothing's happened. Bye-bye due date- maybe tomorrow hey!!

Xxx

MrsSimkins Sun 07-Apr-13 18:49:19

Hey ladies,
Due date tomorrow but don't think my little one has any intention of making an appearance any time soon! To make matters worse I spent all yesterday morning being sent to different hospitals and walk in centres to try and find out what this itchy rash was that I've got all over my belly and boobs. After a loooong time it turns out I have PUPPP it's absolutely horrid! I can't sleep because I'm so so itchy and now it's spreading to my legs. I just want to rip my skin off constantly and can't seem to find any relief. I'm taking piriton and applying tons of aveeno cream but it seems the only way to get rid is to have the baby. Gonna see if they'll give me a sweep tomorrow at my mw appointment to get things moving cos I am totally miserable and so tired!
Sorry for the whinge! Love hearing about everyone's new arrivals just hope it's my turn soon
X

toobreathless Sun 07-Apr-13 20:34:33

Thank you ladies for all your kind words. C is busy snorting & snuffling on my chest, I have hardly put her down grin we got home about an hour ago, C needed 24 hours monitoring after her speedy exit as my waters (which went as she crowned) had thick meconium in them. She is fine now though.

JH glad you are home & hope things settle down soon. Not what you need.

Essex does your wee boy have a name yet?

Empress hope things start moving for you soon. If it is any consolation my first DD wouldn't have here yet.

Trishstar Sun 07-Apr-13 22:38:33

Hunter has had an ok day, had literally dropped down to the lowest ml's per hour of 10% glucose but then had a couple lower blood sugar readings so just had to take it back a bit confused which has upset me xx I just want my baba home. He's had a good reading since so I'm just praying tomorrow is a good one xx want him off this drip!

EssexWelsh Sun 07-Apr-13 23:58:05

Just catching up on here, been a busy day!

My baby boy is named Blake Evan. Evan is Welsh for young warrior, had to have a Welsh link as growing up in Essex! grin

He is beyond lush, everything they say is true about you knowing when to push, can't sleep through their cry and the love you feel!

He is currently sleeping on my chest as he has been sick twice from swallowed mucus in labour and keeps gagging, hate it more than he does!

I'm breastfeeding but had tears (mine) earlier as convinced he wasn't getting anything as my nipples are dry as a bone after but he latches on and sucks strongly. Feel a bit better now as used expresser to start them off and could see some (literally tiny amount) of what I believe is colostrum.

Right I'm off to over analyse everything and worry about how I'm going to keep my son alive, wasn't quite expecting the feeling of ultimate responsibility, how I don't know!

Emmie10 Mon 08-Apr-13 08:33:30

Haven't posted for ages but been keeping up with everyone's news. Congratulations to all who have had their babies already. I am due on Wednesday and practically climbing the walls- I didn't realise I am so impatient!

Congratulations Essex and welcome Blake - great name! Sounds like you're doing really well, so just take every day as it comes.

SneezySnatcher Mon 08-Apr-13 11:52:17

40+2 angry and not a sausage! Supposed to have a sweep on Wednesday but I'm not sure I can face another!

SneezySnatcher Mon 08-Apr-13 12:22:55

Just written that and then went to the loo. Passed a huge chunk of what I assume is my plug <vom> and it was streaked with brown blood. I know it could be ages but at least it's a sign things are happening.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 08-Apr-13 12:59:13

It's a good sign sneezy! smile

lutrinae Mon 08-Apr-13 13:00:02

Hi all,
Thanks for your wishes. Arthur Stanley Lewis born at 20:54 on Friday 5th in water, weighing in at 8 lb and 12 oz.

He is gorgeous and we are home now after some time spent on PN ward due to a large bleed afterwards. Stitches too so am moving very slowly!

Quite emotional at the minute. Why is BF so excruciating?!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 08-Apr-13 13:18:20

Congratulations lutrinae! thanks Love the name smile

alwayshopeful13 Mon 08-Apr-13 13:55:23

Congrats Essex and Lutrinae (and everyone else who has welcomed their little ones - I've not posted in ages but do try and keep up with the news)!!

Sneezy hope things are getting started for you - how exciting! Good luck :-)

All fine here. I'm 38+3 and actually not too uncomfortable or impatient. I think I'm still in that blissful "OMG mat leave is AMAZING" mode! Just back from appt with obstetrician re my home birth plan (had to see obs as it turns out my platelet level is low). Pg still considered low risk and doc said hb was a runner, but my general sense is 'probably best not' - risk of things going wrong (with me more than baby) is slightly higher given my clotting will be less than perfect. Hey ho. I'm a bit disappointed but feels like the safe sensible option and v happy to be making an informed decision, feeling supported by mw and docs too.

Best wishes to everyone, whether waiting for arrivals or getting to know little ones! xx

EmpressMatilda Mon 08-Apr-13 14:23:09

sneezy That's great news. Progress at last. I feel your frustration. I am 40+3 now and despite various mild aches and twinges there's nothing doing. Got my first sweep tomorrow.

SneezySnatcher Mon 08-Apr-13 14:36:34

Empress good luck for your sweep. I have had 2 now and, although they aren't pleasant, it's nice to feel proactive in getting the baby to arrive!

LikeCandy Mon 08-Apr-13 15:52:33

essex and lutrinae 16 days in I can reassure you that breast feeding does get easier!
I had sore, blistered nipples for about a week, and babycandy had blistered lips - but plenty of lansinoh and practice and now (other than an initial 'ouch' when she latches) it's very comfortable.

My milk came in day 5/6 (late apparently because of c section) midwife had suggested formula day 3/4 but we persevered! Then I had huge painful boobs for a day, which I had to express to make them bareable.

I'm using an app called 'ibaby feed' to time her feeds - duration/frequency. She is averaging 15mins on the boob every 2hrs. She goes longer during the day (up to 4hrs!) and wants to feed far more frequently at night, I'm told this is normal!
She'll be weighed again tomorrow and if she's back to birth weight I'm going to consider stopping recording all the feeds and chilling out about it!
Good luck with it!

BTW - if any of you guys are on twitter and want a tweet feed buddy, PM me!

MrsSimkins Mon 08-Apr-13 16:16:10

Hey ladies,
Due date is finally here! Opted for the sweep at my mw appointment which I was quite nervous about but desperate to get rid of this PUPPP rash and meet our little one I decided to be brave and go for it!
Anyone that's worried about having one, don't. It's really not that bad, it's uncomfortable and the only way I can describe it is like the midwife is manually giving you period pains! Fingers crossed it works!
X

Fluffeh Mon 08-Apr-13 17:41:32

Exactly 2 weeks until my cs date! Although my BH have stepped up a few gears there doesn't seem to be much else happening. Well apart from horrible spd and impossible walking anywhere.
Thankfully the end is in sight and I can finally meet the person all thus is for smile.

leluella Mon 08-Apr-13 18:30:56

Congratulations Essex and too breathless on you arrivals and love the names you have both chosen, and also congratulations to all of the other arrivals over the last week or so. I do keep up with all the news but never find the time to post due to a bit a extreme cleaning and nesting over the last week since I started maternity leave.

due date finally here tomorrow and no signs of anything happening! Midwife appointment on Wednesday but they don't offer a sweep here until 41 weeks so hope she decides to turn up before then. anyone else due tomorrow?

birdbrain17 Mon 08-Apr-13 19:45:17

had a totally time wasting appointment today, I had to have one now that I'm overdue (even though only by one day) the problem is the midwife I saw for the first half of my pregnancy left the hospital and since then they never assigned me anyone new so I've seen a different midwife every appointment since then (8 in total the whole pregnancy) and there seems to be really bad communication!at my last appointment the mw I saw sent me for a blood test because the mw before should have checked them again as my iron was low but then the mw today said well if I'm taking supplements (which I am) then there's nothing they can do about it so it was a waste of time and she didn't tell me the results!!then she said I'm measuring a bit small-37cm at 40 weeks and she wanted to know if I'd been measuring small the whole pregnancy, well she's got my notes and she's the one who's trained so surely she should know this and she didn't actually do anything about it so I don't know if I should be worried about it or not angry confused so frustrating!!!!!!!
I'm booked for another appointment next monday when I'll be 41+1 baby had better come before then I'm so fed up of check ups...

40+1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now