Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 Part 8: Welcoming our Easter Chicks & as Alex & Evan hopefully go home!

(995 Posts)
toobreathless Sun 24-Mar-13 13:15:05

Over here Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me starting this thread too.

Wonderful news for today as we welcome babycandy and little Charlotte and hoping that this thread sees little Alex and Evan home very soon.

How many more babies will this thread see?

aufaniae Thu 04-Apr-13 17:09:11

You will also probsbly have continuous monitoring with an induction.
And scan dates aren't accurate anyway, there's a margin of error on them. You might not be quite at "due" yet anyway!

Sorry for typos above btw, I'm on my phone!

lutrinae Thu 04-Apr-13 17:49:08

bird and too I am due on Sunday too, my hospital haven't booked me for a 40 week appointment until the 15th, which I'm pleased about because I don't want to be induced, want to deliver in the birth centre if at all possible.

No signs it's on its way yet though, just wriggling around happily. Going to go into major self induction mode this weekend!

Good luck to anyone else due soon and congratulations num!

birdbrain17 Thu 04-Apr-13 19:26:36

thanks aufanie I think maybe I'll call up on Monday and say I can't make it for the appointment and see what happens. What you were saying doesn't really scare me it just reassures me that I know what I'm talking about because everything you mentioned I already told my DH...
lutrinae good luck with your self induction mode, I wonder which one of us will have it first as we're due the same day wink

EmpressMatilda Thu 04-Apr-13 20:17:41

Due tomorrow and I think I am going slightly mad. Just feel really teary and sensitive today and am obsessing over every little thing. I think it's psychological rather than hormonal though -knowing the 'day' is about to arrive but at the same time knowing that doesn't signify anything!

Still worried about baby's heartbeat although CTG showed no problems. My thrush has come back and I read that there's a chance you can infect the baby if you have it when you give birth so that's been upsetting me too. Each time I've had it it's taken a few days at least to get rid of.

I am also following with interest all this talk about inductions. I have no symptoms so it looks like this one is going to be late. How late is what worries me now. A few days is fine but what if it goes on for weeks? I really don't want to be induced. Have been drinking raspberry leaf tea, going for walks, sitting on the birthing ball... tomorrow I will have a hot curry. Would have sex too if it wasn't for the wretched thrush!

num Congrats. I will have to try chillies!

too Amazed at your energy. On the one hand I can see the unpacking might be a welcome distraction, but I couldn't imagine doing something like that at the moment. At least not without some irrational strop on my part!!!!

Teapig Thu 04-Apr-13 20:44:20

Congratulations num! That sounds like a very fast labour, I hope you and baby are doing well.

bird, that does sound early for an induction from what I've read. Don't be pushed into anything. At our antenatal classes they gave us a list of questions to ask if presented with an option we don't understand or are concerned about:
Instict - as in what is your instinct telling you
Not now - as in what happens if we wait a bit
I'm sure you've asked all these questions but I found it a useful little acronym to remember.

too, I am in awe of how much you've done. I'm worn out just walking to the shops these days, sometimes I'm worn out just thinking about walking to the shops!

I had my first 'is baby here yet?' phone call today. I've had a few Braxton Hicks but no sign of anything happening so I can probably expect a few more calls before I have any news to report.

MrsSimkins Thu 04-Apr-13 20:48:56

Empress I'm due Monday and have had thrush the last few days so was worried about this too so I've been putting some tea tree oil in the bath to wash myself with and that seems to have cleared it up!
I'm trying everything to get things moving but I think I'm gonna go way overdue as I'm not even feeling uncomfortable or that the baby is even that low!
I'm just so impatient to meet him or her!

lutrinae Thu 04-Apr-13 21:23:53

Indeed bird it will be interesting to see!

Apparently additional self induction techniques are:
- eating chocolate (what an awful one!)
- eating pineapple (I hate it but will try anything)
- Acupuncture
- Baths
- Anything that stimulates oxytocin eg. cuddling newborn baby, sorting out baby clothes
- squatting/yoga frog walk

Not to be tried all at once methinks wink

toobreathless Fri 05-Apr-13 00:13:49

Happy due date to me & Empress & anybody else??

Thank you all for your lovely encouraging comments about the house move. All was going really well this evening and then in the space of 20 minutes the dishwasher flooded the kitchen and the tumble dryer caught fire! Luckily DH was stood next to it so no damage. Both were donated when we set up home 5 years ago by lovely friends of my parents getting a fitted kitchen and were oldish then so they have done well to be fair. Just ordered another two which arrive on 10th, not ideal but never mind!

Tomorrow we pick the cats up from the cattery and introduce them to their new home. I had my 'booking in' MW appt today, all good and baby no longer back to back- its all those boxes! She has said they will offer induction at term plus 12 if no baby which would take me to 17th.

Lovely to see a new little arrival in Facebook grin

Trish continuing to think of you, how is Hunter doing?

40 grin

Trishstar Fri 05-Apr-13 00:14:10

Blood sugars still good on slightly reduced glucose

Expressing going well!! The nurses midwives doctors etc are laughing at my supply, day 4 I was getting 100ml from each boob each sitting!! His frozen supply is funny!!! Taking up half the freezer space for EBM in SCBU grin

MumOfTwoCats Fri 05-Apr-13 00:52:41

Checking in from my hospital bed. ELCS in the morning if baby hasn't turned. I've got GD so I'll be first on the list. They are coming to start my insulin drip at 5.30 so I'd better get some shut eye!

Can't sleep though. Too excited and it's bloody warm here! I'm on post natal so I can hear babies crying!

Trishstar Fri 05-Apr-13 01:03:51

Oooh good luck mum!!!! Keep us updated when you can xxx

MumOfTwoCats Fri 05-Apr-13 01:10:56

Thanks Trish. I had a giggle as I spent 30 mins getting 0.1 ml of hand expressed colostrum out. I now about 0.5 ml now.

Hopefully I follow your lead with volume! Hunter is gorgeous by the way!

Trishstar Fri 05-Apr-13 01:20:22

Thanks!! I started off like that! Even til day 3 was only getting drops !! Then evening of day 3 it started coming more!! You'll be fine xx

Trishstar Fri 05-Apr-13 01:23:44

Too breathless xxx

Thanks for thinking of us xx

He is doing well so far so good and they are just taking it slowly so hopefully no/less setbacks x

If all went well he could be home in a week or so however I don't want to build my hopes up and get disappointed so we are just concentrating on each day x

lutrinae Fri 05-Apr-13 04:04:54

Well no need for my self inducing techniques, my waters broke half an hour ago! No contractions yet so they advised to wait a few hours if I can. No idea how I'll sleep! Feeling very anticipatory.

I was so shocked that as I tried to find a pad I ended up accidentally putting a newborn nappy in my pants! blush

toobreathless Fri 05-Apr-13 06:01:22

Yay * lutrinae* hope things kick off soon and for a speedy and not too painful labour for you!

toobreathless Fri 05-Apr-13 06:02:25

Also good luck Mumof2cats for your Section!

So exciting to think how close you are to snuggling your baby!

Trishstar Fri 05-Apr-13 06:55:41

Ooh lutrinae!! Exciting xx good luck fit it x

Fluffeh Fri 05-Apr-13 07:48:49

Ohh good luck today mum.
And yay how exciting lutrinae I hope it's all kicked off now and you have your baby in your arms soon!
trish it sounds like hunter is doing really well. And congrats on the expressing smile.

Nothing to report here other than a rather unpleasant upset stomach. I blame the doughnut I ate yesterday in preparation of a massive diet after the birth. I'm trying to have a little bit of something tasty and "bad" each day so I can start my diet without feeling deprived lol.

EssexWelsh Fri 05-Apr-13 08:12:14

Well today is my birthday and I am 30 years old and tomorrow I am 40 weeks pregnant-how slowly quickly the time has gone wink

Fingers crossed no more dramas toobreathless although could bring on the labour grin

You are doing brilliant Trisha fingers crossed Hunter laps up all the milk to get strong enough to go home soon!

lutrinae and mumof2 good luck today and hopefully new babies on what is a great day to have a birthday smile

MrsB76 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:34:46

Fluffeh why would you go on a diet? I think the first weeks/months are harsh enough without having to diet, also if you are breastfeeding it's pretty much forbidden as you need all the calories. I would put off the dieting idea for another 6 months or so...

SneezySnatcher Fri 05-Apr-13 08:51:15

Essex happy birthday! Due date for me tomorrow, too. Definitely not expecting a punctual baby though!

Fluffeh definitely no to dieting the first few months weeks! You may find you don't need to anyway. I BFd DD and found the weight fell off. I ended up thinner after I had her than pre-preg.

I've had a shocking night's sleep. Went to sleep at 11, woke at 12, eventually back to sleep at 5 and up at 6! Had shocking back ache and period pains but they've stopped again today.

wishfulthinking1 Fri 05-Apr-13 09:02:53

Eeeeek- reading about waters going / people being prepped for c-section is SO EXCITING!! Can't believe there's just 2 days till due date. I started to get a bit 'where's my baby?' yesterday- just a bit sulky that I didn't have one yet- which is silly as its not due till Sunday!

Going to start doing some serious 'walking with a purpose' later on- mw said she thought that was the best way to get things going- something about the babies head pressing on cervix in a rhythmic way because of the walking pace. She said if it starts to ache- keep going, as its working!

Am trying to keep my mind on other things really so I don't start getting too frustrated- we have a wedding reception Saturday night and it would be nice to go to that, so not to worried about before then, but would love little one to just be on time!!

39+6!!! (Can't believe it!!!)

Good luck lutrinae and mumof2!

Eating chocolate to induce labour is interesting, I have eaten so much this pregnancy I should have gone into labour weeks ago!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 05-Apr-13 09:06:24

Me too Sneezy, awful BH last night. Did actually wonder if it was labour at one point but it finally settled. Didn't settle and sleep properly. This morning I woke feeling really hungry but sick and I don't feel much better having eaten! I'm not due for another two weeks but I'm not sure she'll hang about that long! I'd better get my batch cooking done today! smile

Fluff I heard once - 9 months on, 9 months off - with pregnancy. When we have our babies I presume we won't know which way is up and it'll be eating when we can. Don't diet yet!

Happy birthday Essex, hope you have a lovely day smile

Good luck to Lutrinae and mumof2!

You know when we started this thread I found it tough being due towards the end of the group, especially when people were 12 weeks and getting scanned and I had another 3 weeks to wait, now I'm quite glad! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now