Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013 Part 8: Welcoming our Easter Chicks & as Alex & Evan hopefully go home!

(995 Posts)
toobreathless Sun 24-Mar-13 13:15:05

Over here Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me starting this thread too.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1689714-April-2013-Part-7-As-our-miracle-Alex-continues-to-grow-the-one-that-sees-us-reach-TERM

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

Wonderful news for today as we welcome babycandy and little Charlotte and hoping that this thread sees little Alex and Evan home very soon.

How many more babies will this thread see?

SneezySnatcher Sun 24-Mar-13 13:31:05

Checking in. Really hoping this baby arrives before the thread is full!

38+1

Huge congrats to Bunny and Candy on your new arrivals. So pleased you're all doing well.

toobreathless Sun 24-Mar-13 14:06:28

sneezy I feel the same but not holding my breath. We are getting through a thread roughly every 3 weeks and speeding up as things get exciting grin DD arrived at 42 weeks & I am 38 + 2 so it may well be next thread for me!

Kelkestar aaaarrrrggghh! Toddler poo incident sounds hideous. My DH would also have made things worse. H has yet to poo in a swim nappy (touch wood!) I was actually thinking of stopping using them as they are expensive and we don't have to at our local pool but after your tale I have ditched that idea!

Tired here today, DD is poorly and was up at 1am & 4am crying and wanting Mummmmmmeeee. I bought her into our bed which she found VERY exciting and just bounced up and down and wanted to sit on my head. Toddlers!

Does baby candy have a name/weight? Hope you are both recovering ok from your sections likecandy & bunny

38 + 2

JessieEssex Sun 24-Mar-13 14:20:52

Marking my place on the new thread! Huge congrats to the new parents.

I can't believe Nelly is over two weeks old already....

bext Sun 24-Mar-13 14:22:15

Checking in. Fear I may be the last to give birth on this thread by which time we'll be up to part 15 or something!

Hge congrats Bunny and Candy, lovely news for a Sunday morning.

Xx

Mama1980 Sun 24-Mar-13 14:23:50

Thanks toobreathless for the new thread, just marking my spot will update later. Hope everyone's well x

EssexWelsh Sun 24-Mar-13 14:25:58

Marking place. I will be most disappointed if I do not make it onto this thread!! Wishing you all luck girls!

ratbagcatbag Sun 24-Mar-13 14:27:05

Marking place, can't believe mini cat bag is ten days old now smile

Trishstar Sun 24-Mar-13 14:29:14

Marking my place! I better not drag onto the next thread too!!! xx

JaquelineHyde Sun 24-Mar-13 14:47:16

Congratulations Bunny and Candy (seeing your names together makes me feel all in the mood for Easter -- bunny and candy grin )

Kelke that sounds bloody disgusting grin Why do we bother with children...and men!

I spent all day yesterday seeing friends (with the 3 dc) and went off to bed at 8pm and then so far today I have, all from the comfort of my bed, watched the Grand Prix, completed 9 seperate pieces of homework with the dc, made an Easter bonnet, completed several pieces of stupid paperwork and form filling exercises and then I got up grin Cleared the dcs bedrooms, bathed all 3 of them and then finally went downstairs to eat a cheese and ham pannini DH had made for lunch.

<phew> chicken curry and rice for dinner, followed by a bit of TV and then back to my lovely bed! DH might even get some hows your father if I keep feeling as fit as I am, no pg niggles, no labour symptoms, nothing at all grin

Has anyone started thinking about whether or not they may have an April Fool's baby on the bank holiday Monday?

Fluffeh Sun 24-Mar-13 14:48:25

Marking my place and expecting to not produce a baby on this thread either lol I have 4 weeks and 1 day to the cs that's at least 1500 posts for us isn't it? Haha!

JaquelineHyde Sun 24-Mar-13 15:13:24

Oh and my sister is now 5 days overdue and has refused a sweep and won't entertain the idea of an induction or stay in hospital for observation!

The medical staff are concerned for the baby (and have been for quite a few weeks) as her amniotic fluid is severly reduced and the baby stopped growing at about 34 weeks. She (my sister) also had a problem with her blood levels and liver functioning but this appears to have been resolved.

I just wish she would go into labour and that the baby is born healthy and well sad

Marking place..... Induction on 13th so might scrape onto this thread......

num3onway Sun 24-Mar-13 15:31:43

Hello!
Congrats to the new arrivals. Still nothing happening for me. Kicking myself atm for having assumed dd would be born slightly earlier than her brothers which I am now certain will not be happening. In one weeks time I will be more pregnant than I have ever been and I cannot help thinking my midwife somehow knows I will go over since she booked me a sweep at 40+4 three weeks in advance!
I've had enough. Lower bump is heavy and aches, back to sleeping very badly too and also becoming very very hormonal!
Sorry for the moan.

38+2

KelleStar Sun 24-Mar-13 15:55:06

36+3 and have just done loads of batch cooking. Feel knackered now.

Ollibobs Sun 24-Mar-13 16:01:15

Congrats to all the new mummies! So exciting!

Dysgu Sun 24-Mar-13 17:11:24

Lovely new thread smile

Congratulations to all the new mummies. Do we have names and weights yet?

Sorry to read that so many of you are finding the last few weeks of PG difficult and uncomfortable. Hopefully tour babies will be here soon, all healthy and happy and ready for cuddles.

Neither DD has ever poohed in the swimming pool - we use washable swimming nappies and I have no idea how they would actually cope with a pooh! However, with Evan being such a monkey already, I foresee a future where we might well expect to find out! grin

Dysgu Sun 24-Mar-13 17:12:37

Oh and Evan was tube free when I arrived to feed him this morning - only for a short time as he had pulled out his NG tube! I snapped a couple of pictures before he had to have a replacement pushed down - he didn't like that so much so I told him to stop pulling it out!

Giddypants Sun 24-Mar-13 17:28:18

Oh dysgu, you have a little tinker there, DS pulled his breathing tube out when he was 12 hours old, and had many NG tubes, he was always strong willed!

My sympathies with the poo in the pool kelle why is it that when they decided to go at an inconvenient time it's always an elephant poo?

Think hospital bag finally complete, just been to matalan to buy flip flops for the shower, £3 bargain! Can bin them when we come home.

Think all set for Tuesday now, just got to get past Monday smile

39+1

LikeCandy Sun 24-Mar-13 17:53:05

Thanks for the congrats all. I can't believe she's almost a day old.
Our DD came in at a whopping 8lb 5oz (big considering she's 11 days early).
DH is amazing with her already (he'll be leaving soon for the night) and my parents drove 220miles each way to visit for 2hrs today.

I have nothing but praise for the amazing medics/midwives who cared for me, they have done / are doing an amazing job and I feel very well looked after.
I hope the rest of you April ladies are as lucky! (But without the emergency craziness!)

alwayshopeful13 Sun 24-Mar-13 18:00:51

Marking place on new thread. Congrats to everyone who's welcoming new arrivals...so exciting!

I am 36+2 and everyone around me seems to think I'll go overdue so I am not hugely optimistic of having an arrival on this thread, but you never know :-)

Now on mat leave so hope to get better at staying on top of this busy thread! xx

Dysgu Sun 24-Mar-13 18:12:16

Wow Candy I am impressed with your parents making such a long round trip for a short visit - but grandchildren are just so worth it grin Glad everything went well and littlecandy is all safe and well. Have you got names yet?

Trishstar Sun 24-Mar-13 18:31:02

Can I ask a bit of non baby advice from you wise ladies?

Do I have to inform the tax office now I'm married, and how do I go about seeing any family tax credits etc that we are entitled to?

Sorry for seeming clueless on all this! It's the first time I've moved away from home!!! Lol xx

tattooedapril87 Sun 24-Mar-13 19:42:38

thanks trish that reminds me i need to check what im entitled to...

can't believe my boys are 9 days old today... its gone too fast!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now