Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - Thread 3 - The Loo Huggers and Crisp Lickers!

(953 Posts)
MummaPanda Fri 22-Mar-13 13:42:59

Thread 3 already? We talk too much!!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 10-Apr-13 11:25:12

Hi bizzy I'm not showing yet 11 weeks, second baby. Have put on about 4/5 pounds but no bump yet. I wouldn't worry about it.

bizzybee1234 Wed 03-Apr-13 15:13:27

Thanks TiredFeet, baby brain not really in gear today...!

TiredFeet Wed 03-Apr-13 14:24:30

bizzybee we are on thread four now, come and join us! (Can't link from phone sorry)

First time round I don't think I was showing until about 4 months, maybe slightly earlier, and I think that is pretty common so don't worry!

bizzybee1234 Wed 03-Apr-13 13:36:26

Lots of you seem to have bumps already! Apart from putting on weight anyway (incl before pg) in the last few months, all my clothes still fit exactly the same as before.

I am 9 weeks tomorrow and can't feel a bump yet. worried things aren't as they should be, now! Anyone else not showing?

harverina Mon 01-Apr-13 20:32:15

Eco sorry just saw your post - I am studying child protection and welfare - it's just a graduate certificate as I am already qualified and working.

louby86 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:42:07

These posts have made me really optimistic about being in the MLU smile. It was the midwife at birth reflections that told me it'd be CLC this time, I've not had my booking in yet so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

SuffolkNWhat Mon 01-Apr-13 15:44:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 15:43:15

just created a new thread, as im sure well fill this one by morning wink

hes now gone back to the cold shoulder thing now sad got a splitting headache x

harverina Mon 01-Apr-13 15:28:09

I don't think an induction and episiotomy would make you high risk. I think there is a high chance I will get an elective section but will wait and speak with consultant in 3 weeks and see what he says. The thing is if I get oc again I will need a section as people with oc usually get induced at37/28 weeks but I'm not allowed to be induced again as I have a section last time so the only option would be a section. If I don't get oc then a vbac would be an option...I kinda want to know though!!

The thing is Suffolk it's your birth so make sure you tell the consultant how you are feeling. When I told my midwife I'd like a water birth of I had a vbac she said not to rule it out but I would be consultant led until that decision was made late on.

Saundy Mon 01-Apr-13 15:25:38

Hey there's loads of new people, I can't remember all your names but welcome.

My signal was weak & then disappeared at my parents so have just got back home & thought I'd check in quickly to say it was lovely. Total confusion & then the penny dropped & there was lots of tears, followed by complete shock I think! It was lovely but also a bit sad living so far away.

Everyone got really excited, defo a good way to tell!

Right I'm off for a snooze & then loads of catching up to do!!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter too x

Another 50 odd posts and it'll be a new thread!

I've no idea how to update stats on an iPad or I'd do it

mycatlikestwiglets Mon 01-Apr-13 15:24:07

I'm wearing maternity leggings today! I still fit my normal clothes amazingly given the rubbish I've been eating for the last few weeks but these are soooo comfy! I was in maternity clothes at 9 weeks last time around so think I'm doing well not have fully changed over my wardrobe yet. Trying to hold off until after my appraisal at work in 2 weeks so that no one guesses!

SuffolkNWhat Mon 01-Apr-13 15:19:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Theicingontop Mon 01-Apr-13 15:15:11

Wow we're going to need another thread soon! What number are we on now?

Hope everyone's sickness is fading slightly now we're progressing. I've yet to see how my traumatic birth with DS will affect my choice for a homebirth. I don't think that what occured last time will matter this time, waters broke day before due date, meconium in his amniotic fluid, induced and tore quite badly. Will any of that count against me?

Is anyone else feeling like a whale?! I feel like I've ballooned overnight. I can't fit into my jeans with the button done up anymore and I've gained 3lbs! My coat is also a little snug. Hope the weather improves so I don't have to buy a new one before spring. 9 weeks today.

Animol Mon 01-Apr-13 14:53:26

ps - i had forceps with DC1 and nothing with 2, 3 and 4

Animol Mon 01-Apr-13 14:52:29

Oh my goodness - i go away for 4 days and there are 16 new pages!! Can anybody summarise the last few days for me?
Feeling blaaagghhh -but it's all in a good cause - I'm 7+5.

mycatlikestwiglets Mon 01-Apr-13 14:40:11

Hello all, just checking in again. You're a chatty lot aren't you?! This thread is moving so fast I can hardly keep up!

For those asking about instrumentals and CLC, it may depend on region but a past instrumental shouldn't in itself mean CLC I don't think. I asked my midwife about that in my booking in as DS was born via episiotomy and ventouse - she said that second deliveries are treated totally independently because a past instrumental doesn't make you high risk. Apparently the second will just pop out (here's hoping!). I'm hoping for my water birth this time - didn't get it first time around as I had high blood pressure when I went into labour.

9+5 here and dreading going back to work tomorrow - I had last week off which was well timed as I've had bone crushing tiredness from about late morning sad

OneLittleToddleTerror Mon 01-Apr-13 14:37:38

diege that sounds truly awful. I had one of two midwives for my antenatal appointments last time. And when I sign on this time, they asked who was my primary midwife last time, so I was assigned the same one again. She even remembered me and I had DD two years ago.

Diege Mon 01-Apr-13 14:28:46

honey it sounds like he's trying to start an argument. Has he said yet what it is you're supposed to have lied about?
Re: CLC I think there are national 'guidelines' but they can be applied at the discretion of each Trust. The majority of women in my Trust are under CLC,which makes for a horrendous antental clinic - at least 1.5 hrs wait for your appointment. Added to the fact that you usually see (unless you specifically ask to see the consultant) a pretty useless registrar or house officer who has never seen you before or will again... Hardly what you would want if you were truly high risk.
I'll be 'high risk' first and foremost because of my age (another controversial one as there is so much variation within different age groups), forceps delivery last time & VBAC2 (had EMCS with dc4). You can technically 'change over' to MLC but in our area at least they really make it clear that they are doing you a massive favour hmm

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 01-Apr-13 14:24:30

Oh no does that mean forceps & episiotomy will rule me out of MLU?

MummaPanda Mon 01-Apr-13 14:21:01

Awww honey that's awfull sad he needs to be extra nice to you, your pregnant! And very delicate! I would ignore him until he calms down and seek comfort in a close friend / family member who has a good listening ear, lots of hugs and comfort food! Also we are all here for you to rant to! smile

OneLittleToddleTerror Mon 01-Apr-13 14:20:56

honey have you talked to someone in RL about this? Maybe someone who can go out with you now and have a cup of tea and a chat? This is not your first, so you would understand pregnancy is a very testing time foe relationships. It's very hard for some men to step up because we aren't visibly pregnant yet. We just feel rotten, and I'm sure only others who have been through this can understand.

harverina Mon 01-Apr-13 14:20:53

Suffolk I have a bmi of 31 at the moment. I wanted it to be lower and have list 2 stones hut fell pregnant quickly so didn't get it as low as I would have liked - however it is a similar bmi to last time and I was midwife led. I spoke to the midwife about me being Clc this time and she said that I don't have to rule out giving birth in he midwife unit - nearer the time if the risks are assessed as being low enough this could still happen. I had oc and a section last time so this is good news - if I am going to so it naturally a water birth would be my preference.

I admit I know bugger all about why people are midwife or consultant led but could it be you'll be seen initially by a consultant and then possibly transferred over?! Tell me to give over if that's a dumb suggestion lol

O no honey that's sounds horrible of him

honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 14:16:37

ok now hes gettin really nasty :'( hes calling me a liar (wat im meant to have lied about is beyond me) i never listen and im the one who ignored him. im starting to see an awful side of him :'(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now