Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - Thread 3 - The Loo Huggers and Crisp Lickers!

(953 Posts)
MummaPanda Fri 22-Mar-13 13:42:59

Thread 3 already? We talk too much!!

I wasn't worried about telling friends on Facebook - how else would people far away know!

Ariel21 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:46:37

BoyMeetsWorld I'm seeing my doctor on 18th April, which feels like ages away. It took that long to get an appointment to see my usual doc (who is awesome). Will that be booking in? Until I came on here I never even knew you could get an early scan, don't really have the money spare anyway so probably will just wait for 12 weeks. Sooo long away though! How does one stay sane?

I've been watching Topshop maternity jeans on EBay, I love their Baxter ones.

berrybomb Sun 31-Mar-13 18:50:03

Afternoon all

Well the weekend away in the campervan was lovely, and the weather stayed on our side, even if we did have a few engine problems!!

Saundy - can't wait to hear how the telltale egg went today!

I'm feeling much better this week - I just seem to get a bit sicky and very tired when I'm hungry, then as soon as I eat I feel much better. My waistband is definitely expanding, and borrowed the trick (sorry can't remember who said it) of using the hairband through jeans hole today - worked a treat!! It's strange though, because the scales say I've actually lost a pound, but my clothes tell me otherwise. Is anyone else having this?

getoffthecoffeetable Sun 31-Mar-13 18:54:20

Thanks tired I'm so relieved. Told little brother first who then told me to stop worrying and just tell him. It was good advice.
honey pleased to hear your DD is feeling better. Fingers crossed you get her appointment through soon.
Welcome to the newbies. We're a very chatty bunch, nearing the end of Thread Three already!
I got maternity jeans in New Look which I'm planning on dusting off from last pregnancy.
I second the belly band recommendations, never liked the idea of exposing my bare belly!
I got some black work trousers from Dorothy Perkins which were great.
Wrap dresses are also extremely forgiving and have the added bonus of being able to use them when breastfeeding when baby arrives

getoffthecoffeetable Sun 31-Mar-13 18:56:31

Daren't go on the scales berry Glad you had a good time and the weather was kind to you

PurpleKiwi Sun 31-Mar-13 18:57:16

berry know exactly how you feel, scales say I've lost 3kg since I fell pregnant yet was told by my mum today that I look at least 12 weeks gone (am only 7+3)

Had a small anxiety attack earlier this week as I have been seriously lacking in symptoms, just trying to hold out for Tuesday and our first scan.

harverina Sun 31-Mar-13 19:12:00

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the newbies, congratulations! I joined the thread early on too (think a lot of people have) and its great to be a me to speak about things when hardly anyone in rl knows!

I didn't buy bump bands last time but plan to this time. I will need to dig out my mat clothes from the attic although think i am a hit heavier this time so not sure if they will fit shock

Ooooh yes Mujeans are very uncomfy too. They fasten but I can't bear the sensation of them round my tummy. I think I may try jeggings - dp do ones that look like jeans and they might be a good option. The only problem for me is that I have thin legs in comparison to the rest of me so I can't really just go up a size - they end up just looking very baggy on my bum and legs even when I am wearing the right size! Regardless I am going to have to do some shopping soon - I am very limited in terms of what I have to wear. I kept washing and drying the same pair of jeans last week as they were comfy.

Disappointing that will have to buy online stuff though!! That's pathetic! Btw asda jeans were really good when I was pregnant 3 years ago. I had a couple of pairs that lasted me all through and were washed and washed. Think they were a tenner.

I have awful back ache. It's worse on my left side, think its just all the stretching that's going on - I had terrible back ache lasts time and hop pain so ended up with a support band.

Still need to catch up properly so will do that now.

Saundy come on tell us how it went!!!

harverina Sun 31-Mar-13 19:12:28

Oh and I am 9+1 according to last period.

williaminajetfighter Sun 31-Mar-13 20:25:06

Dear god weekend has been a wash as in bed for last 3 days feeling rank and properly vomitty.

Can any of the 2nd timers remember when the mornsickness goes away? Please dont say 12th week. Iseriously don't think I can cope with another month of this. confused Waaah

berrybomb Sun 31-Mar-13 20:41:14

oh dear williamina - no advice here, sorry - 1st timer. Is there anything the doc can prescribe? I know some of the ladies are on sickness meds which have really helped.

williaminajetfighter Sun 31-Mar-13 20:45:40

Berry. I'm just having a whinge! I'm not vomiting but I feel like I've been out at sea for days!! wink

berrybomb Sun 31-Mar-13 20:48:24

I know the feeling, and it definitely helps to whinge :-). Fortunately my nausea seems to be getting much better this week (I'm 8+6 today). I'm hoping it's come to an end, but wouldn't put any money on it!

MissTweed Sun 31-Mar-13 21:03:30

My (late evening) sickness stopped at week 9!! Hope this helps smile

harverina Sun 31-Mar-13 21:08:28

About week 10 for me last time but my nausea was so mild first time round this time round it sucks! Like you not being sick (much - was sick on Friday) but feel so sick a lot of the time. Today my nausea has been great though which is weird as it was so bad during the night. My words to dh "I feel like I'm lying on a water bed and that ok drunk"!!

harverina Sun 31-Mar-13 21:09:17

Anyone else getting wee pains in the their tummy from time to time?

MissTweed Sun 31-Mar-13 21:17:41

I get shooting pains which feel like a stitch low down if I get up too quickly. Have been getting some very strange looks in work because of this as I have to quickly sit back down and bend over lol

harverina Sun 31-Mar-13 21:43:57

Miss tweed that's like mine glad I'm not alone (although obvs not glad your in pain iykwim)

I got out the car today and it was like a lowdown stitch and the only relief is bending over which makes it all look very painful and dramatic!

I'm still getting some left sided pain but putting that down to all the changes going on as scan showed pregnancy was not ectopic.

Dh and I have come to bed early to try and make up for last nights lack of sleep. I have come prepared with diet coke caffeine free and a packet of salt n vinegar crisps just in case I need them to lick in the night. I think dh possibly has sympathy symptoms as he is sitting eating a jar of olives in bed. Weird eh.

Williamina hope your feeling ok tonight. I feel your pain thanks

louby86 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:07:32

I've been getting a few stitch-like pains too that I didn't remember last time.

I had horrendous morning sickness last time and was prescribed avomine and buccastem from the GP. The avomine helped loads and stopped me getting admitted to hospital, I really struggled with the buccastem though as you had to stick it inside your top lip for it to dissolve and that just made me feel worse!

Sort of worrying in a way that my sickness isn't as bad this time.

getoffthecoffeetable Sun 31-Mar-13 23:22:33

louby my sickness is nowhere near as bad this time round either, it 's making me paranoid too!
harv I've been having the stitch like pains too, we're the same EDD - it reassures me hearing your symptom are very similar to mine, especially since you've had a scan already.
williamina are you managing to stomach any food? It was always worse for me on an empty tummy. I hope you feel better soon.
Have just had a ridiculous amount of cheese and biscuits before bed, think I'll be having weird dreams tonight!

honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 03:04:21

up at stoopid aclock with insomnia.. had a row with oh... i told him off for working too many hours on sod all sleep n all he did was accuse me of giving him crap just cos hes working and 'treating him unfairly'. hes given me the cold shoulder for 2 days so far angry so upset n pissed off! i only showed abit of concern ffs! yet hes been on facebook etc... i put up that im having cramps n i dont even get a text! surely its not just me being irrational but i feel like hes playing mind games with me to try n get me to apologise!

so bloody pissed off! this aint the first time hes done it. its making me feel less attracted to him n if it carries on i dont see how its gonna work sad but im so scared of being a single mum again... wholl love a mum of 4 :'(

seriously fed up sad

EcoHippyMum Mon 01-Apr-13 03:27:57

Hi all, wondered if I may join you? I first posted under my real name KeriRussell and done why everyone else has with a nickname! I'm 8+3 and this will be my fourth child ( 3 DD's 18, 17 & 10 plus one m/c between middle & youngest). Had bleeding & cramps during week six and was told I was most likely miscarrying but the scan on week seven showed it with its little heart beating! Had another very light bleed two days later and nothing since but I am paranoid! I am so worried and the next two appts. can't come fast enough. I want to enjoy this pregnancy but sheesh it's making me so scared!

EcoHippyMum Mon 01-Apr-13 03:28:54

Oh and I think my edd is around the 8 November!

EcoHippyMum Mon 01-Apr-13 03:32:06

Honey86 I think it is a man thing. My ex was an arse, was worried who'd want me after 3 kids and my Joey pouch!!! Then came along DH who is 12 years younger! He too can be a bit of an arse at times but not necessarily meaning to be - just not thinking first, as most men do!

OneLittleToddleTerror Mon 01-Apr-13 07:51:06

Morning all. I have had a fan weekend so far. The nausea seems to have gone, but I'm still really tired. It's a bit ridiculous going to bed before 10 everyday isn't it? I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking of getting maternity trousers/jeans. I have already got one pair of trousers I can't button up, and the others are all tight. But I'm resisting maternity jeans till 2nd trimester! I got some from h&m last time. I'm thinking of getting a couple of pairs of maternity yoga trousers this time round, as I didn't have any last time. It would be useful even at the hospital as I got nothing to wear last birth! My bump was quite small last time, so was wearing my normal ones. But they stopped fitting around 35 or 36 weeks. And by then I felt it was too late to buy new.

honey poor you. Is he feeling the financial pressure so he felt he has to work more?

harverina Mon 01-Apr-13 08:59:56

Morning!

Welcome Eco, congratulations grin

Getoff reassuring to hear your symptoms are similar to mine - have you got a scan date yet? I do but cannot find the letter anywhere so need to call tomorrow and confirm the date/time blush although think its 24th April when I will be 12+ weeks.

Didn't need my emergency rations last night as slept all night like a log. Didn't even waken to go to the loo yay! Dd slept till 7.15 too so and went sleep - why do I feel like I could sleep for another 8 hours!

Honey hope you are ok. When is your dp home?

I need to do uni work today. Cannot be bothered one little bit but back to work tomorrow so will need to do a few hours today. May do 3 hours then do something with dd and dh so that I don't feel the holiday has been completely wasted.

Sickness is still at a minimum which I am pleased about. Symptoms now are mainly sore boobs, tiredness and the stitch pains. Oh and back ache. Glad the sickness isn't as bad grin <i am not going to worry about this>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now