Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013: scans and starting to show!

(998 Posts)
Umlauf Mon 18-Mar-13 09:08:36

Will this one take us through to the end of the first trimester? Will the sickness ever end? Will we be able to judge genders from those first scan pictures? These and many other mysteries to be solved in... THREAD 4

Natalieand Sat 30-Mar-13 18:41:34

It's so quiet it's almost eeeeeeerrryyyyy lol shock

How is everyone? Any thing special planned for tomorrow?

We're bearing up OrangeBlossom There's been a lot of tears but I think we need to try and put it all out of our minds until Tuesday.
I could do with drowning my sorrows in a bottle of Jack Daniels but since that's not an option I'll be drowning them in chocolate.
My sister has been telling me reassuring stories of women who have had similar looking scan's to mine and the same prognosis and their babies turned out fine so we're just praying for a miracle.

That sounds like a good plan MoN. biscuit

wee ones in bed now so I'm watching the cube hope everyones evenings going good, we need a new thread again shock

Natalieand Sat 30-Mar-13 21:23:29

falcon r u scanning on apr 3rd? My memory is seriously bad. Sorry xx

I've just climbed into bed!

What's the record for most amount of threads over 40 weeks I wonder lol

Also this thread is my first experience of mums net so I'm wondering when we have all had our bubbas do we continue chatting like this and supporting etc or does it all just stop?

I have scaned already hun pics on profile I'm 14 weeks tomorrow smile we can change group to a post natal baby club after bubbas are here nat

Natalieand Sat 30-Mar-13 21:28:27

Ahh sorry I keep forgetting who's scanning on weds all I no if that there's 5 of us lol.

Ah that's good ten

Natalieand Sat 30-Mar-13 21:28:56

Ahh that's good then nice to have ppl to talk to with babies of a similar age

Livened Sat 30-Mar-13 22:16:42

My MN bus buddies from first DS are now part of about 30 strong group with our own private Facebook page. We chat almost as much as you ladies on here, meet up when we can, and generally give each other amazing support.

On the weight gain front, I feel really fortunate that years of sport means my abs are pretty strong and as with last time, I hardly show any baby bump until about 25+ weeks. I've currently lost half a stone since bfp, but that's mainly due to morning sickness and also a big effort to walk every day several miles.

Scan is next Friday afternoon and we can't wait. I have a Doppler which I used last time and it was amazing at putting my mind at rest when my DS had quieter movement days. I tried it today (I'm 12 weeks exactly) and I found its heartbeat! 135 bpm, so it's either a baby, or I'm having heart palps!

Can't wait to feel first movements now - last time I was around 16 weeks. Anyone else find themselves forgetting they're pregnant? We were gardening today and I was happily pulling up trees until my DH pointed out I should leave that to him ;-)

pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 09:20:05

Happy Easter October bussers smile

falconso sorry about the pox, and your poor little one (and yours too, Sanjifair). I hope he's feeling lots better soon, and that you get good news regarding immunity.

Livened I don't forget I'm pg (only 10+4 and feel pants) but I forget my strength and stamina seems to be a shadow if its former self and have really overdone it a few times!

MotherofNations I hop you have a gentle day, drowning in chocolate sounds good X

JellyCurls Sun 31-Mar-13 11:09:09

Happy Easter Ladies

The sun is shining, the washing is on the line and dc2 is sound asleep.

Enjoy your chocolate goodies x

I'm immune grin happy easter!!

new thread needed!!

Yay! good news falcon. Had another driving lesson today, now off to plant some veg in the garden. A lovely Sunday afternoon. And now I have a valid excuse to make DH clear up the cat poo from the veg patch. Hooray for pregnancy!

Natalieand Sun 31-Mar-13 15:59:40

Off out for dinner shortly with dh uncle and his partner and their 14 year old daughter.

Need your opinions though, me and dh were just discussing telling them about the pregnancy as I'm 12 weeks on Wednesday we slats had a scan at 6+5 when we saw a heart beat do u think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself if I tell them today (we rarely see them in person and scan isn't until Wednesday) xx

Rockchick1984 Sun 31-Mar-13 16:19:20

Natalie I'd probably tell them, but ask them not to say anything to anyone else until after the scan. I love telling people face to face though, so may be a bit biased smile

Natalieand Sun 31-Mar-13 16:29:41

That's what I was thinking rock chick. As we won't get another opportunity to see them face to face till June time plus it's nice to have a bit of good news on Easter isn't it. And although its not entirely impossible it's unlikely for things to go wrong now I guess. Xxx

Excellent news falcon that explains why u haven't had them before then, my sister is also immune even though she has not had them before

orange we have a kitten who have goes toilet out side and half in litter tray so I haven't had to so litter duties since bfp it has its perks doesn't it l

pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 17:36:16

Excellent Falcon! So pleased for you and bump.

I'd tell too, Natalie--as Rockchick says nice to do it face to face smile

pinksy you making the new thread I have already made one and we online have 7 posts left!

nat tell your friends grin

cazboldy Sun 31-Mar-13 17:49:40

Glad you are immune falcon how is ds today?

still covered but they are starting to crust in places and he is much brighter in himself thanks for asking caz

seriously only 5 posts left we are going to lock lol

pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 18:02:29

Ooh pressure! OK. I am going to do it now... No one post and I'll add the link!

pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 18:08:28

NEW THREAD
See you all there X

Warlin Wed 03-Apr-13 09:23:09

MoN just read your news...I'm so sorry for the dilemma you have...must be so hearbreaking. Hope you are ok.

We had our nuchal scan on Friday which checks for fluid build up. The 3 conditions are Down's, Edward's Syndrome and Patau Syndrome (think Patau is the only one not compatable with life). I had the test as I have Downs in the family and 2 of my friends have had babies with Patau syndrome (which is really rare). Our fluid measurements were fine but I was asking the consultant what we would do if they were increased. He said many people with increased fluid go on to have totally normal babies. You can get a blood test done which will check for certain hormones. It can't guarantee but will give you a risk factor of there being something wrong with the baby. The bloods have to be done before 14 weeks but aren't invasive like the amnio. Would you not consider an amnio? The risk of miscarriage is so small, although I know it's tough to make that decision.

I really hope your scan gives you some clarity and am keeping everything crossed that your LO is one of the lucky ones. Big hugs xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now