Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2013 - Part 4 - Half way there already!

(1000 Posts)
RugBugs Fri 15-Mar-13 19:00:11
IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Fri 10-May-13 22:54:12

Hi, thanks for the advice chocolate my manager has form for being a bit of an arse unfortunately, all talk no action and full of bluster when he gets caught out. When I first told him he told me to avoid lifting, and to say I had a bad back and he had told me I wasn't to lift - fair enough. But he also told me to avoid a certain chemical we work with and when I questioned how I could as it is a big part of my job and I often work alone he just shrugged. My colleagues have been very helpful since they have known though, doing things on night shift so they are set up for me and I have less contact.

I logged on to say is anybody else suffering leg and foot cramps? God they are excruciating sad( I sometime used to get foot cramps when I was really comfy in bed and did a big stretch and they have started up in my foot and calf now. I got so little sleep last night after a late shift as my PGP was playing up and I got first a foot cramp then a leg cramp. I was shouting out with pain. I can still feel a tenderness in my calf where the cramp was.

Been reading a little about them, and have been eating bananas recently anyway, will maybe look at a magnesium supplement as my antenatal vits don't have 100% of the rda and I'm not sure I get enough in my diet.

RugBugs Fri 10-May-13 23:08:42

I got them in my first pg but touch wood none yet this time. You have my sympathies Ijustwore I hated them.

Most of my kicks were on my left side where legs were but are now very low in the front of my pelvis with just a general uncomfy feeling at the bottom of my ribs. Still plenty of time to move about though! I can't wait to see the proper full on rolls I got with DD!

FoofFighter Sat 11-May-13 13:47:12

trench, I have been taking magnesium for almost a week now and the difference is amazing. Mine was mainly for restless legs in the evenings but a happy side effect is that the cramps that wake me each night are so much less often and less in intensity too!

My kicks and pokes are usually at the sides so still a transverse position although sometimes moves.

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Sat 11-May-13 15:35:49

Oh I think I might give it a go then foof, I am living in fear of getting more! My calf is still painful 2 days later.

I have been trying to figure out how the baby is lying but can't tell. I sometimes seem to get movements that I can feel really low, near my cervix it feels and way above my naval at the same time! Sometimes I get little flutters at the bottom and really strong movements (kicks?) around my bellybutton. The baby woke my boyfriend up kicking the other night when I was spooning him but I slept right through. I'd love to be able to tell, can you tell later on?

I have seen my belly shudder a couple of times and when I feel a few movements at night I will move my duvet to try to see again but the baby always stops and doesn't start again until I put the cover back!

BabyHMummy Sat 11-May-13 15:45:54

trench mine did that to the dog last night. She was not impressed at all at being booted off my lap

FoofFighter Sat 11-May-13 17:10:51

if it's vertical then you'll get pokey movements at the top and bottom of uterus, if they are stronger one end that would prob be legs, if pokey movements are at sides then it's lying across you.

MrsWajs Sat 11-May-13 19:58:04

Based on that info Foof I'd say my baby is standing upright and doing an irish jig on my cervix!!!

RuckAndRoll Sun 12-May-13 09:32:37

hmm that means mine is sort of head down but only get big kicks top left. always left.
how is everyone today? I'm starting to freak out about actually having a small person to raise.

BabyHMummy Sun 12-May-13 10:12:00

Hey ruck...I haven't started freaking out yet but mainly cos still can't get my head around being pg in the first place! I am focussing on practicalities still so have bought everything she will need and the flat currently looks like a baby boutique exploded in it! Only thing left to buy are.nappies and formula.

Mrsd77 Sun 12-May-13 10:37:29

Yesterday it felt like the baby was standing on my cervix. Huge pressure at the bottom and a definite head under my ribs. Not cool!

Since my appointment on Thursday this all feels very very real!! Bit stressed as have made myself be so cool so far. Ikea tomorrow!!!

I've started freaking out a little in the last week or so... I dreamed last night that she arrived at 32 weeks but 7lb already and only slept and wouldn't eat. Not sure what that's all about sad

I've got a massive headache and nausea today. Checked BP and its still 110/70 and swelling on ankles is better than some days so its not PE as far as I can figure out. Any ideas?

Is anyone planning on going to the baby show at the NEC next weekend?

28+5 (gulp)

BabyHMummy Sun 12-May-13 15:26:06

Remembering hope you feel better. My.nausea has been really bad this week but think its cos she is a wriggler and the motion is makingme feel yuk.

I have been having.awful dreams lately about her coming early, dp leaving us etc...bloody hormones

beckie90 Sun 12-May-13 16:28:55

remembering I also had a weird dream last night that baby arrived, but I was really confused in my dream and couldn't remember really giving birth or when anything happend. I just knew he was 7ib something, and didnt know the exact though, also all my teeth had come loose too. Strange xx

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Mon 13-May-13 20:24:05

I finally cracked today and had a colleague check my GTT results for me blush. Thankfully all is well, I am still feeling sick whenever I think of that vile concoction! Don't ever want to do it again! Unfortunately I will probably have to as I will always have a first degree relative with DM, and I think my Trust also automatically tests anybody over 30 years which will be me whenever I have my next baby.

My hypnobirthing course starts next week, can't believe how the weeks are flying by!

27 weeks today

BabyHMummy Mon 13-May-13 20:27:08

Evening ladies. Quick question for you cos not sure if this is normal....does your baby feel like it is sitting heavier towards the end of the day? I am in agony tonight and struggling to stand up straight. Is this just down to where she is sitting?

26+1 today

BabyHMummy Mon 13-May-13 20:28:06

Trench that is great news on the gtt result xxx

RugBugs Mon 13-May-13 20:40:56

BabyH I finally saw a physio this morning and she said that the majority of my pain is actually coming from my coccyx since baby moved from transverse. Been in agony since that day and yes to the really struggling to stand up straight, I want to tilt forward all the time. You might have similar pressure on your coccyx?

I've got a ridiculous bra to thigh tubigrip that feels just like spanx that is supporting my stomach and back to compensate for the extra pressure put on them where I can't sit properly. She put a heavy duty support on to try and correct my posture and it hurt so much it brought tears to my eyes.

BabyHMummy Mon 13-May-13 20:49:09

Rug am seeing physio tomorrow so will ask.although most of time.I.am.ok. it just seems to be after she has had a wriggle. Just wondering.if she is getting stuck in a certain position. She has been.head down.for last few check.ups

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Mon 13-May-13 22:25:53

BabyH, I can't help but was wondering this last night, the baby felt very low down, and it hurt to walk, different from the pain I get in my pubic bone. Felt almost like shooting pains and my bump did feel really heavy. For the first time I put a pillow underneath to support it while I slept.

BabyHMummy Mon 13-May-13 22:27:40

That's exactly.it trench...shooting pains.when I.stretch my tummy. Little swine lol

FoofFighter Mon 13-May-13 23:48:34

All sounds normal babyH, a lot to do with their position and of course by the end of the day you've been carrying the extra weight around it is more noticeable.

Had an interesting night, baby did the same thing it did the other week, bunched up right high up, pretty much all of it felt like it was above my navel, then of course not much room so was very stretched and tight and started off the old BHs, coming every few mins for about 10 secs, was starting to get a bit shock actually after an hour of it. Didn't sleep v well, then up early for this ridiulcous "just cause you're a bit fat" GTT which was boring as hell and I had to sit on a bloody dining room style chair for two hours solid, am so so sore tonight.
Didn't almost keel over after this one but it went right through me blush

By the time I got home I was knackered and my hip was giving out so I went for a lie down around 6pm and somehow fell asleep and only just got up gone 11pm oops. So that'll be little/no sleep for me tonight then!

BabyHMummy Tue 14-May-13 10:36:51

Thanks foof.

RuckAndRoll Tue 14-May-13 10:54:35

I'm amazed you can all tell where your baby is, I have no idea! All of my kicks and movements are on the left, always have been, it's really strange.

After scaring me witless over the weekend and a trip to maternity traige for reduced movements on Sunday, baby more than made up for it yesterday going mad all day.

Still waiting for my support belt to arrive. NHS physio told me she can see I would benefit from one but she's not allowed to give me one until I'm barely walking and crying in pain all the time. She told me a place to order one for £30 which I've done but delivery is taking ages.

BabyHMummy Tue 14-May-13 11:23:12

ruck I am only guessing and going info given at scans. Just seems the stronger movements would be legs.

BabyHMummy Tue 14-May-13 16:15:57

Urgh physio sucks. Why do they insist on asking everything ten times? Said to her the pgp is making me walk awkwardly and as a result my left hip is agony so she ignores the issue and waffles on about butt muscles not doing their job...wtf??

On plus side have one a summer preg pillow on eBay for 99p

This thread is not accepting new messages.