Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

August 2013 - Part 4 - Half way there already!

(1000 Posts)
RugBugs Fri 15-Mar-13 19:00:11
blondecat Tue 30-Apr-13 11:57:11

I was sitting on a rather low sofa. And it was both legs. All of them. It passed but it felt rather strange and a tad scary

BabyHMummy Tue 30-Apr-13 12:32:02

Silk sounds like a trapped nerve but i would ring mw just to be certain hun Xxx

FoofFighter Tue 30-Apr-13 15:00:41

Something to do with nerves I'd bet on blondecat, I have nerve damage and know all the weird sensations you can get, numbness, jelly legs,feeling hot or cold, feeling wet - that was a strange one as I was walking down rd and thought had wet myself blush

BabyHMummy Tue 30-Apr-13 20:21:17

Evening all...have been fully prepared for baby's arrival as been out tosser a friend and her 10 week old and she screamed till i fed her (that was awesome) and then what being winded she threw up all down my back...i have decided i need a bigger changing bag as i need to carry change of clothes for me and baby lol

BabyHMummy Tue 30-Apr-13 20:22:15

To see not tosser...bloody phone

Quick poll (I'm too scared to post in AIBU)
In bed this eve and twisted awkwardly just as DH turned out his light causing massive sharp hip/fanjo pain which made me cry out. DH asked what was wrong, I said "bloody groin is bloody agony" and... Nothing. No response, no sympathy, nothing.
I'm carrying OUR child and I'm in pain. Is it too much to expect a hug and a "there-there". I made a comment about wanting a bit of sympathy and got a "sorry honey" and a pat on the back. He's now snoring and I'm fuming and crying more but I suspect I might be over-reacting (he has form for being rubbish and judgey when I'm hurt - like I'm making a fuss about nothing)
confused
Fecking pregnancy is hard work sometimes confused

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Wed 01-May-13 00:54:25

Oh Remembering sounds like my partner. I think he just doesn't get that I can be in a lot of pain. He is lovely and sympathetic in lots of ways but doesn't really take the PGP seriously. When I get up after I have sat a while and can barely take a step, or after an active day when just moving in bed hurts he is utterly uncomprehending.

Hope you manage to get some rest.

RuckAndRoll Wed 01-May-13 07:57:19

hope you got some sleep remembering dh can be the same here, he just doesn't know what to say half the time and he knows his default of hug or kiss it better would probably get him a slap!

Thanks ladies. Feeling better after a halfway decent sleep. Might have a chat tonight to help him see what I'm going through and how I don't need much but a little will go a long way...

abbie hope you're doing ok today

BabyHMummy Wed 01-May-13 09:35:37

Awww remembering glad you slept welland boo to dh...i think men just struggle with it all cos its not happening to them.

Abilee90 Wed 01-May-13 10:38:54

Hey ladies for you that arent on facebook group, you wont knoe but i'm gonna share just so you learn from my mistakes.

Fri i hadnt felt myself all day, still just ignored how i felt and went bingo anyway. Sat there feeling rough and going dizzy, my friend sat i seemed off but still ignored it. Sat morning i woke up and felt rough, went docs and said its an infection and basically fobbed me off. Didnt check the basics. If he had, i might not if got so ill. Was told to take it easy. But i had a few jobs to do, got them done. After getting home sat afternoon i started to feel worse, dizzyness was worse, not feeling myself at all, racing pulse, palpatations and then the temp started. It got to over 39 and i rang nhs direct. They told me to get up to my closet hosp and get myself checked within the hour. So i did. I got into a & e was seen straight away. My pulse was 156 bpm, temp was 39.6 and i was very dizzy/confused. They suspected an infection or clot on my lungs. They started to pump me full of anti biotics, fluids and paracetamol. After xray on my chest, ecgs and blood tests. I was admitted, still not knowing what i had. After more tests, a scan on little man and other stuff. They gave me the diagnosis of severe sepsis, it had attacked my heart. I'm pretty lucky to be alive but even more so to still have my baby. If it had attacked him, i would of been walking away from the hosp without my baby. He would of died.
I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, IF YOU FEEL ILL EVEN JUST A LITTLE BIT OFF. GET CHECKED!!!
I'm one bloody lucky lady, this story could of ended differently.

Xxx

BabyHMummy Wed 01-May-13 12:17:12

Glad u and baby are ok Abi that sounds awful!!

Well physio was a waste of time...all stuff they said was stuff i was already doing thanks to you lovely ladies...got to wait 2 weeks and then ring for 121 when they might give me something to help support or walk...and to cap it off courtesy of some stupid old bag driving ON he wrong some of he road i narrowly avoided a head on on the hospital roadways...anxiety at all time high now :-(

Boosiehs Wed 01-May-13 12:42:18

Bluddy hell Abi - how are you now?

That sounds terrible! hugs

Abilee90 Wed 01-May-13 13:13:00

Still feeling crummy and actually feel worse than what i did last night so off to get checked. Most scariest few days of my life, i would actually choose labour over this.

My dh has been more then amazing. Hes extremly worried about me and wee man.

Xxx

BabyHMummy Wed 01-May-13 13:32:25

Male sure you get plenty of rest hun your body has taken a serious battering! Glad ur dh is being good Xxx

RuckAndRoll Wed 01-May-13 14:04:03

BabyH that sucks, maybe phone and be cheeky, see if you can an appointment earlier than that?

Abbie hope everything is ok. It's certainly made the rest of us sit up and realise how important it is to get checked out.

BabyHMummy Wed 01-May-13 14:11:42

Ruck think i will next week if still no better. The only thing that hadn't been suggested was a gym ball...have tried it but it made hip pain worse

MrsWajs Wed 01-May-13 14:21:45

Phew, I've missed loads on here! Can lurk on my phone but not post for some reason. Anyway not going to try and catch up with everyone but wanted to say to Jolly - sorry to hear about your job. And Remembering How crappy of your DH not to be more sympathetic. Mine is exactly the same, I think if it's not something they can physically see then they can't sympathise.

Gerty1002 Thu 02-May-13 08:16:44

Hi all, occasional mumsnetter here... just wondering if anyone has been hit by the nesting instinct yet? I thought it only came in the last few weeks before birth but I'm out of control - been up ironing at 5am and will not rest, despite being exhausted from lack of sleep and working on my feet all day. I feel like there's so much to be done! I hope this doesn't carry on for the next 17 weeks...

RuckAndRoll Thu 02-May-13 09:05:55

Gerty I'm not quite that bad, still like my sleep too much to be up at 5 ironing, but I am nesting in that everything is getting a major spring clean and gut. Realised we have far too much stuff. DH seems oblivious to the fact that babies tend to come with a lot of stuff, be in piles of nappies and clothes or toys and high chair.

BabyHMummy Thu 02-May-13 09:29:27

Not really nesting yet but getting fractious about jobs in flat that we haven't done yet.

I think I am still a bit too overwhelmed by the ongoing hyperemesis and the fact that stbxh has left to really start nesting. Plus the house we bought is a renovation project so there isn't really a lot I can do to make it lovely! Cleaning products smell so strong that it makes me sick, so I think I am going to need to ask for some help with cleaning the house.

However, I am planning to co-sleep, so there is no nursery to do, and obviously I'm not getting a cot, so no space to clear for that, so last night I did rearrange ALL the furniture in my bedroom to make sure that my bed can go against the wall so baby can't roll out. Probably a bit daft to move a big bed, a wardrobe and a solid wood chest of drawers by myself. But it is done now. Whilst I am at hospital today I am going to make lists of what I need to get.

I now have reusable nappies sorted, and the accompanying nappy pail, washing powder, liners etc. I have barely any clothes, and need to sort a sling or two out, but I do have a pram system (my £40 bargain from AGES ago) which includes the first size car seat. I got a baby bath from down the local reclamation site, and so other than clothes, I think I am getting there.

I still don't have any maternity clothes - no need for them yet, as my jeans sit under my bump and my dresses are fitting over it.

Anyone else getting really stabby rib pains? I am waking up in the night with it. I spoke to the MW at hospital yesterday and she said my fundus is right at the top now, so it's the pressure of the baby etc, and basically until he moves down, it's going to be something that just happens.

Gerty1002 Thu 02-May-13 10:34:34

We have literally everything sorted in the nursery - between my craziness and grandparents' over enthusiasm we have near enough all the essentials from cot and pram right up to high chair! Half a wardrobe already and there's still gifts from others to get... we have one very lucky little boy. Yet I'm sti finding a million jobs to put on my list!

Gerty that sounds so exciting! I am resisting too much in the way of list making, especially about jobs. Or I'll attempt to do them all in one day confused

resisting doing too much in the way of list making....

This thread is not accepting new messages.