Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2013 - Part 4 - Half way there already!

(1000 Posts)
RugBugs Fri 15-Mar-13 19:00:11
Woofers Sat 16-Mar-13 22:36:27

Stopsitting - thank you for your comprehensive reply. Amazed you managed to get a bit of mn browsing in!

We have joined the nct antenatal group, so hopefully that will be enough emotional training for dh.

Abilee90 Sat 16-Mar-13 23:08:30

Evening ladies
I'm shattered! Went to dh's best friends party all dressed up and i dont go out at night (home person) (hermit) lol. So by 10 i was shattered plus dd wouldnt give in and sleep at party as she wants to see everything. Can really tell i dont go out. 22 and loves to stay home, hmmm maybe something wrong lol.

Dd is fine now, found the cut on her lip and looks fine. Just a little cut something nothing to worry about. She had a great night smile. Thanks for all the well wishes and concern smile

Off to bed! Night!
Xxx

Morning everyone... I have a fun new PG symptom and I wondered if anyone else had experienced it... Dr Google is freaking me out.
I have a sharp pain in my fanjo - like a needle being jabbed in, about halfway (?) up mainly on the right... it come and goes in moments but I have got it a few times a day for the last couple of days, especially in the morning or after going to the loo... Dr Google suggests it's cervix thinning (which is a BAD THING at 20+5, no?) which makes me hope it's early warning of SPD (which I also don't want btw!)
Anyone had similar?

muddybloodypuddles Sun 17-Mar-13 17:31:56

remembering I've had some weird kind of shooting sensation around that area going down from uterus, not particularly painful though, I figured it was just ligaments stretching or something like that. If yours is really painful though it would be worth contacting the mw - and don't scare yourself with any more - step away from googling!!!!

beckie90 Sun 17-Mar-13 19:47:43

I get it remembering I just presumed it was nerves from baby on where he was laid. But mine shoot down through the cervix aswell. Its still worth getting untouch with mw tomorow though xx

LexiLoganberryBump Sun 17-Mar-13 20:17:47

stopsitting I prefer Alexander James, love Xander

We brought the same pram that we had last time, mamas and papas ultima in cityscape fabric.

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Sun 17-Mar-13 20:18:48

I had this just the other night Remembering, thankfully I was at home because it made walking very uncomfortable. It was just shooting pains in my genital area, didn't come from my uterus.

Thanks ladies. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about but I will call MW tomorrow. Between that and the labrynthitis I'm feeling proper sorry for myself thanks

chocolatesolveseverything Sun 17-Mar-13 22:09:21

Remembering - Hope all's well when you speak to the midwife. It's probably nothing, but you'll feel better when you know that for sure!

Waves - Again to say that I have no idea how you're coping with all this, but well done you for doing so. There will be an end to it all - eventually!

Abilee - Have a good night's rest. Sounds like a hectic day.

stopsitting - Both are nice, but I prefer No. 2 myself

All this talk of prams is making me feel nervous that we've not prepared anything like that yet. I've been looking online and got some ideas, but we've got so much on at the moment, and DH is so busy with work, that I've not been able to go baby shopping/reseaching with him yet. We're off on holiday next weekend so it'll probably be mid-April at the earliest that we can start thinking of that stuff. And we've got to get the nursery re-plastered and decorated soon too!

Abilee90 Sun 17-Mar-13 23:50:25

Well today has been just as busy. I cleaned oven and microwave, washed up, done washing, hoovered and then cooked a roast for me, dh, dd, mil and fil. Shattered now but really destressed, got to be a plus point.
Happy st patricks day smile wore green all day.

My scan in 5 days :D cant wait.
Little man hasnt sat still smile

20 weeks tomorrow smile
Xxxx

Snufflebabe Mon 18-Mar-13 07:08:27

Hi everyone, good to hear the scans are all happening. My scan is a week on Wednesday, and I am counting down the days. I am desparate to see the baby and make sure all is well.

I'm now 18+5 and I'm still not feeling anything I think are definite kicks or movements. This is my second baby, so I was hoping I would feel them much earlier. I think with my first it was around 22 weeks or so. I think I have felt flutters, but nothing I can definatly say, eyes, that's a kick. I suppose I remember my DD when she was 30 ish weeks, and there were full on kicks and movements that you could see!

In saying that, I think I've just had a wee kick, someone hopefuly just saying "hey, I'm here, it's fine!"

Being pregnant with a toddler is exhausting, very different to when I was pregnant with my DD. I am still falling asleep at 9pm each night. Waiting for the pregnancy energy to kick in!

Pram wise, we are reusing my first pram, as it's only 3 years old. We have the sola. I bought new bottles yesterday in asda as I didn't want to use our old ones.

We aren't going to find out the sex of the baby. We didn't with DD and it really is the best surprise you can get.

Hope you are all feeling well x

beckie90 Mon 18-Mar-13 08:17:24

Morning everyone smile I have my scan today Yayy, I'm so excited, I know sex etc but just can't wait to see him :D

Just had a lovely bacon and mushroom sandwich and a cuppa. Bump had been very quiet for a few days but was back to normal last night and this morning, my belly has kinda gone down again now and not much there to see but then again seen as I've not told hardly anyone its not a bad thing

Hope everyone has a good Monday xx

RuckAndRoll Mon 18-Mar-13 09:09:28

beckie have a great day.

I've had an interesting start to the day. Got in and found a dead mouse next to my desk. Que me freaking out and finding the nearest man to dispose of it. I'm on my own in the room today so now freaking out at every squeak, sound, itch. Going to be a long day!

Bit of a sad weekend for us, we've been gradually realising that our church congregation are very against children being in church (seen and not heard viewpoint). Now we've got one coming we realised at the weekend we probably won't be happy staying at the place we've been going for 4 years and are part of the family. Sad realisation we've got to start looking for a new church sad

beckie90 Mon 18-Mar-13 09:15:00

You too ruck and that is awful I would have cried Haha. How sad about your church sad I hope you find a good one you can go to as a family when your little one arrives xx

Beckie - good luck today!
Ruck - hope there are no more mouse adventures... Sorry to hear about the church - that sucks! It's not 1875 any longer, is it? I hope you find a more forward thinking church you connect with thanks

Abilee90 Mon 18-Mar-13 11:30:36

Ok ladies i need to know what u think.
My mum is in spain lives there 8 months a year. I still havent told her i'm preg. A few white lies are in this text but i domt want to upset her for telling her earlier. Tell me what u think. We did wait til all results came bk before anyone was told. So anyway this is the text. Please be honest smile

Hey mum, been desperate to tell you but we needed to wait for test results to come back. We are having another baby. A little boy :D hes due on 6th august. We found out on 23rd of feb. didnt even know i was preg, the pill i was on doesnt have a break to have a period. So didnt even realise. We only found out due to having full blood test done. A tad shocked at the time. We havent told anyone as we wanted to make sure all was ok as my meds for my knee could have caused complications. But got results back this morning and hes perfect. So your gonna be a nan again smile xxx

Thanks smile xxx

Abilee90 Mon 18-Mar-13 11:43:04

I've told her! I just phoned her and shes over the moon. I feel like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders xx

Abbie - great that you've told her and she's happy! It must be a relief!

duende Mon 18-Mar-13 12:21:59

Abbie, pleased you told your mum and she is happy, must be a huge relief for you. No idea how you managed to keep
It quiet for so long, I would burst!

We had the scan this morning, all looks good and we are having a girl grin
Now need to convince DS it will be fun to have a sister smile

Stopsittingonyoursister Mon 18-Mar-13 12:38:20

Duende what lovely news!! Team Pink!! Little girls are fab, and your DS will be a fabulous older brother I remember thinking when I found out I was having a girl for DC2 that I would get to be mother of the bride, and she would never struggle for a boyfriend because she can just date her older brother's friends and he would "vet" them to make sure they were ok - how weird is that?!

beckie good luck for your scan today.

abbie glad that your Mum was pleased!

woofers my reply was a bit of an essay wasn't it, sorry about that!! Hopefully you got the gist of my reply!

remembering hope you feel better today, was the MW reassuring?

ruck my god, how awful! I would have screamed, dead or not! That's awful news about your Church; we attend the 10am services at York Minster and take the kids to Sunday School there (DH grew up as part of a cathedral congregation - sang in the choir and his Dad was a Canon, so village churches just didn't work for us) and even the Minster fuddyduddys have realised that children in Church are A Good Thing for the future! Hope you manage to find something to suit you soon, a supportive congregation and a church with lots of child-focused activities can be a very lovely thing.

Been to soft play today, as have run out of ideas to entertain a two year old at home with snow (well, slush) on the ground outside. Am fed up of the weather now, really need to see some sun! Might bake some buns this afternoon, just to pass the time! Will have to see if I can dig out any remaining mini eggs, and at least try to make the buns seasonal, even if the weather isn't co-operating.

RuckAndRoll Mon 18-Mar-13 13:12:31

Abi Glad you told your mum and she's happy. I was really nervous about telling my Dad as he would know we had sex! (been married 3 years but still!).

duende congratulations on your scan and a girl to add to the mix. All of you finding out is making me not want to stay team yellow and find out.

Stopsitting Really glad you have somewhere family friendly. We went to a service there when we were on holiday once, beautiful place. Our place is really family friendly to the outsider. Baby toys in a sound looped foyer then sunday school out in the hall, but the view is that parents with children should spend the whole service sat in the foyer in case they disrupt people. I have no problem taking the child out if it's disruptive, but how's it going to learn if it's never in church? argh, really upset DH and I this weekend talking about taking the baby down to church for the first time and I'm not excited about introducing the baby to our friends, I'm more scared about it crying and getting tutted at. Sad thing is there's a huge thread over in philosophy/religion with loads of people finding the same thing.

10 days until I get to see the baby again smile

19+1

Abilee90 Mon 18-Mar-13 13:17:26

Thanks everyone!

Ruck - i just did know what she would do or say but she was over the moon. She wasnt around when dd was born and met her when she was 7 months. So shes excited about being involved and having a newborn around smile now got to try and convience her not to be around in my labour xx

RuckAndRoll Mon 18-Mar-13 13:43:46

Abi ha I've had that debate with DM and DMIL already. DMIL wants to come and stay for 4 weeks (lives 8 hrs away) so she can support her son during labour as he'll be busy supporting me so who's going to look after him?!
It'll be great to have your mum around this time by the sounds of things.

Stiggley Mon 18-Mar-13 14:03:01

congrats on the team news - we are finding out on Thursday, all being well. My sickness has gone and freaked me out and I didn't feel movement for 2 days, so went to the dr as very concerned - but all is ok - being paranoid. feels odd not throwing up every day!

I saw my folks for the first time since announcing pg to them yesterday - they didn't even mention the pg at all! I don't think they are too happy with it - it will be their last grandchild (they have 12) but maybe DM will be excited when born!

Isisizzie Mon 18-Mar-13 14:04:16

We had our scan today to. Baby all okay and it's a surprise. Pic on FB.

This thread is not accepting new messages.