Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 - thread 5

(995 Posts)
DontmindifIdo Thu 14-Mar-13 13:38:22

new thread! Jump on board!

MrsBri Wed 17-Apr-13 18:21:42

Ooh, yes, Sunbeam...I 'hoped' it was wee. Now, how often will I say that?!

I was a touch worried though.

Isn't pregnancy so bloody glamorous?

And how are you going twice as often? I reckon half my added booking in weight at 10 weeks was poo and the other half breasts!

learnermummy Wed 17-Apr-13 18:21:57

How did your DH already know about it MrsBri?!

Don't worry sunbeam it will be back to normal eventually smile.

Sunbeam18 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:27:27

I have no idea re pooing! It's so weird! I know it's much more normal to be constipated in pregnancy! I'm going several times a day! Mad.

MrsBri Wed 17-Apr-13 18:30:47

He says it was mentioned in one of the dads emails I signed him up for! But I'm not sure. Bless him, he has got as involved as possible, so he may have happened upon it whilst researching birth. :-)

learnermummy Wed 17-Apr-13 18:50:39

Bless him. Don't think my DH reads any of those emails, but then to be honest neither do I! We have done this before I guess!

pinkapples Wed 17-Apr-13 18:53:22

I'm with you sunbeam totally ready to go back to normal this baby is so wanted and is 4 years in the making costing 12,000 in total for all my treatment but bloody hell am I paying for the privilege now! Everything will be sagging in all the wrong places and all the wrong directions and its up to me to sort it all out when she's out.. Hmmm... Going to be hard work I think! And now all this talk about perianal massage lovely hmm

ella0 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:58:04

Sunbeam, I'm the same as you - going more often than normal during pregnancy! But then I also escaped sickness and other symptoms.

redwellybluewelly Wed 17-Apr-13 19:26:37

Am I the only one giggling at 24 Muslims ? Rather than the more traditional muslins!

I am in the bath, its not luxury but necessity! Baby is so low its making driving difficult and I'm getting a bit concerned about how I'm going to cope with getting dd to nursery as I get bigger. Plus my lovely JJMB jeans have a seam right where baby's shoulders are. I need to start wearing leggings but can't find any nice not too expensive tunic style dresses.

Also becoming massively massively frustrated at how tired I am and also how little I can do physically. So much needs doing around the house and garden and I'm having to leave DH to do it all.

Steffanoid Wed 17-Apr-13 19:40:26

Oops, I'm blaming autocorrect on this silly iPad, and the fact I pay zilcho attention to what I'm writing on it! At least you all know what I mean ;) dp read about perennial massage in the dads book I bought him, he knew what in was before me and promptly told me it was not gonna happen, am wishing I didn't buy the book some days when I get "my book says don't let you have bad food that you're craving" I asked if the author wrote in the next line his OH had given him a broken nose when he tried that one, he went and got the ice cream straight away and didn't mention it again

AlohaMama Wed 17-Apr-13 19:43:00

Goodness me trying to catch up and there's been all sorts going on here! I can't believe some of you ladies are going to be having babies in May. That is sooo soon!!

As for all the other stuff. Had a shock the other day when I felt something funny 'down there' and realised I had a varicose vein shock. Absolutely hideous. I guess at least it's not something anyone is really going to see, but doesn't exactly help with feeling sexy hmm

Otherwise, haven't started the massage yet but am only 30 wks. last time dh was happy to help, I found it really uncomfortable. No idea if it made a difference, I still tore but maybe it would have been worse if I hadn't done the massage. As for pelvic floor, i just keep forgetting. Too many things to do. I've arranged a whooping cough vaccine after reading everyone here getting it and researching (it's not routine in the US) and have an ultrasound booked for 29th April. Can't wait!

pinkapples Wed 17-Apr-13 19:56:47

Just broached the subject of massage with hubby will see what he has to say wink

AlohaMama Wed 17-Apr-13 20:11:52

think my dh thought it was a great opportunity to get his hands on me, regardless of the reason!

MrsBri Wed 17-Apr-13 20:13:25

Aloha, my DH thinks exactly the same!

pinkapples Wed 17-Apr-13 20:25:20

Hmmm not sure my hubby is thinking that... He said if I think it will help then I should do it... When I said it'd be better if he did it (obviously as he can see) he said oh... Right

pinkapples Wed 17-Apr-13 20:34:22

The reply was if its what you want
Hmmm not sure it is to be fair but this baby's got to get out some how and I'd rather do it tear free

Mawgatron Wed 17-Apr-13 20:57:37

Another one who has been shit at doing pelvics. Now have an app to remind me - its called kegel trainer if anyone is interested.

My bubs is also apparently head down, and I keep feeling pressure (i guess from his head?) Hoping it is spd related and not a sign that he will be coming early.

Got my 32 week appointment on fri. Hoping I'm not going to get told off about weight gain as I may just burst into tears. It's not even like I have put loads on anywhere other than bump, just feel so tired and emotional at the mo. anyone who says anything slightly off either incurs rage or tears.
Feeling very stressed with work. Pressure is mounting, and I am so aware of how much I have to do. Starting to think in terms of 'what can I get away with not doing' rather than the other way round. Problem is, it's exam season so all my students want me all the time. I'm just going to have to learn to say no I think.

Phew, sorry ladies. That turned into whinge fest. Promise to be a bit more upbeat tomorrow.

DontmindifIdo Wed 17-Apr-13 21:19:46

Am also not doing my pelvics anywhere near as often as I should....

I've been spending the day trying to be organised for the baby - 3 wash loads of baby clothes, mussies, bedding etc done, several more to be done then it all needs sorting (I rather unhelpfully packed up the newborn through to 12 months stuff together). I've cooked a batch of spag bol, a batch of cottage pie which all needs cooling and stacking in the freezer.

tomorrow's job, make a chilli and then I've got to think about other freezer stuff I want...

learnermummy Wed 17-Apr-13 21:31:56

I did have a giggle at the 24 Muslims grin.

I also have the kegel trainer app but keep ignoring the reminders!!

Good news on the lady at nursery who went into labour at 32 weeks as they managed to stop it and she's fine for now and has now had steroid injections for baby's lungs just in case.

Really need to start feeling better here soon so I can start sorting stuff!

AlohaMama Thu 18-Apr-13 05:43:35

Hope you have a better day tomorrow Mawg.

Well done don't mind, sounds like a very productive day!! Must be nice to feel organised. I'll get there eventually.

AlohaMama Thu 18-Apr-13 05:47:28

Just realised we've nearly run out of space, so new thread here
Hop on over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now