Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013 - Thread 6: cankles, bumps, strangely placed lumps, the glamours of pregnancy go on and on

(1000 Posts)
dinkystinky Wed 13-Mar-13 11:32:52

New thread to natter away on.

Link to waddlers and riders and stats list here

TomDaleysTrunks Wed 13-Mar-13 12:02:27

Found you!

PhieEl06 Wed 13-Mar-13 12:13:09

The following is in response to previous thread... Sorry!

We're off to Vilamoura dinky, our friend is a pilot who is based over there, so free accommodation for a week, very jealous of your visit to Lisbon, definitely on my list of places to visit over the coming years.

Ama haha well you have made me feel better will have to keep my touring holiday of Japan until I'm in my mid/late 30's, hopefully OH's love of cars may of subsided by then & I can actually enjoy Japan rather than be dragged round looking at cars!!

Happy belated birthday Abzs, hope you had a lovely meal!

Congrats on the scans Liz, TomD & shiv & on your differently coloured bumps!
Also congrats on everyone reaching 24 weeks, it feels like a bloody long wait till I am too!

Ginger I nearly cried when I was looking through my summer clothes over the weekend, it suddenly dawned on me that hot pants & crop tops are no longer suitable... sad

BB01 that's exactly how I feel, it will be nice having family holidays but will definitely miss being able to get away frequently & have different types of holidays, glad to hear you had a nice holiday though but hope you're okay after your fall!

& now I've caught up, NEW THREAD YAY! grin

I've had to come home from work today as I'm a bit sicky! I haven't in the past 21 weeks, once had morning sickness, is it at all possible at this stage? Probably just got a virus or something, ate something now & managed to keep it down but feeling very exhausted, must go to bed earlier!

Hope everyone is having a nice day! Sun is shining round here (midlands) & that is greatly improving my mopey mood! smile

21+4

Hey, GP listened in and said that the baby was fine but to watch out for any bleeding. So all is good there, thankfully! Thank you everyone for calming me down a bit!

Ginger Aww, that's quite far!

Hope everyone who's going on holiday enjoys it, I'm very jealous! envy

I was pregnant through summer with DS1 (Sept baby), it was knackering and those maxi dresses really are a blessing, especially if you're knackered and can't be bothered with bottoms you can just shove them on quickly and go sit in the garden! smile

First ever driving lesson in less than 2 hours. <excited>

Hello everyone. I can't catch up on the old thread yet because it's blocked at work, but this one is fine (so far) confused

Didn't feel the baby moving at all yesterday, which had me a little worried as I'd been feeling it more each day up until then. Felt a few small movements this morning though, so feeling happy. Will be 22 weeks tomorrow, so hopefully that's normal.

Totally When I was pg with DS he was a very sleepy baby, I would have to go up for monitoring a lot as he would refuse to move.

Up until about 30 weeks though, they told me that they have so much room to move at this point that you might not feel them all the time.

TomDaleysTrunks Wed 13-Mar-13 13:25:35

Good luck shro. I only passed last month, still not confident but definitely worth doing. Enjoy it!

MrsMillions Wed 13-Mar-13 13:38:56

Another new tread? I can't believe how time marches on.

Sat at Heathrow on our way back from New York (have a connecting flight oop north). Our final pre-baby holiday, if you discount a week in June with the inlaws, which I do smile. Booked it around a month before BFP, if we'd known we might have opted for some sun and sand, but had a fab time all the same - and bought a few things for the little one whilst we were there. My ankles aren't cankles yet but will be very grateful the sightseeing is over, all that walking was hard work.

Now we're home it's time to plough on with preparations, DH will be spending part of Easter weekend painting the nursery so have a bit of work to do getting the room cleared for that and buying the pretty (but team yellow) stuff to go in afterwards.

Congrats on all good scans and 24 week landmarks, have only managed to read posts from today and yesterday and there were a lot of them, too many to reference individually esp as you have befuddled my brain with this sling talk. Maybe will re-read once I've had proper sleep.

22+6

Thanks Tom, I'm really looking forward to it! It's good you have passed well before you are due. grin

MrsMillions Glad you had a good holiday, the baby clothes in the states are lovely aren't they?

Sashabella0 Wed 13-Mar-13 13:49:20

Hi all

Can't name check as on my phone.

I think I'm finally starting to feel movements. I have an anterior placenta hence the lateness. Little Itchy seems to like Radiohead and Morrissey, could be worse I suppose!

Midwife sent me to hospital last week as I was having cramping. Itchy's heartbeat was nice and strong and he/she was dancing all over. Cramp has gone now.

I went to have the operation on my finger on Saturday, but the surgeon thought he'd get away with freezing it up and manipulating it back into place. I had to cancel my follow up appointment yesterday as I haven't been well with diarrhoea (TMI!).

I'm off work. Should be revising for an exam I have on Monday, but researching reusable nappies is far more interesting!

Still a week and a half to wait for my scan, but then I have a little holiday to look forward to. A weekend in Madrid then the rest of the week in Tenerife.

21weeks today

MightBeMad Wed 13-Mar-13 14:22:35

Wow you lot know how to chatter!! grin

Congrats on all the lovely scan news smile can't believe how many little girls we have arriving on this thread. That must mean that more than half of the yellow team are in fact blue.... wink

I'm so jealous of all the holiday talk! I'm craving some sun but don't dare go abroad as I has complications in my last pg and don't fancy being overseas if something happens. You have inspired me to book a few days away in uk though. 5 weeks and counting!

Schro glad the gp was reassuring. I've started getting them too but not painfully. I remember being told last time that hydration levels are a significant factor in bh so maybe drinking a bit more might be worth a try?

Sorry, can't remember any of the other personals I thought I'd committed to memory (blast phone and baby brain!).

Hope all the spd-ers are feeling okay?

Have a consultant appointment tomorrow re previous complications/implications this time and a 'birth afterthoughts' midwife meeting to talk about my last delivery. Could be an emotional afternoon!

21+1

MightBeMad Wed 13-Mar-13 14:26:41

Ah totally - I'm about the same stage as you, also an anterior placenta and also getting days (or several in a row) where baby's movements are much less/imperceptible. I'm hoping it's just when he changes position.

Phie - I'm sorry about your wardrobe realisation but you're post did make me smile. It's been so many years since hot pants were a good look on me that they weren't even in fashion back then grin

photographerlady Wed 13-Mar-13 14:58:52

So has everyone signed up to their antenatal classes yet? If so which one are you opting for? Hospital run? NCT? Hynobirth? Active Labour? Private one-on-one?

May is when mine start, not too far from now grin

photographer I've joined a pregnancy yoga class that looks like it will cover some of the relaxation/positioning type stuff. We didn't do any antenatal classes with DD because the course we booked on to started at 36 weeks - the same night that she was born. (we got a refund!). I wish I hadn't felt quite so clueless going into labour though. I'm definitely planning to be a bit more prepared for this one.....

Hai1988 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:53:03

Oo new thread just marking me place on it smile

shelley72 Wed 13-Mar-13 16:06:56

found you all! finally caught up on the old thread and you moved!!!

very envy of all of these lovely holidays you are all having, we have a may half term break booked, other than that hoping that the weather is good so that we can get down to studland a lot before the summer. and someone mentioned SAGA holidays - 2 out of 3 of my DCs won't even be teenagers by the time me and DH qualify so can't even look forward to those grin

and my goodness what a lot of pink bumps! the boys are going to be outnumbered. has everyone been busy thinking up names already? found our names list from DC1 we made 6 years ago, and again from when we were expecting DC2. the same names keep cropping up so we may just stick with those. no-one gets named in our house for at least 36 hours so no rush just yet...

not been about much last week or so, had terrible week with back pain, v early wakings (DCs awake 4.15 most days) and then i felt no movement for at least 24 hours last week which was worrying. got v short shrift from hosp MW when i phoned the unit - basically MW who answered treated me like a neurotic first time mother when in fact i am a neurotic third timer. had my CMW appt on monday and although she struggled to find a heartbeat happily all seems ok. she wasn't at all happy with the hospital though. bump has definitely appeared now so i am going to have to invest in some cheap maternity clothes i think. someone suggested seraphine jeans they look fab but cant justify the expense without a voucher / code. looked at H&M and gap also but everywhere seems to be sold out in my size. obviously a lot of pregnant women about this summer!

good luck with the driving lesson schro - i promise you WONT be as bad as i was on my first lesson!

i'm not bothering with ante natal classes this time photographerlady. i am just hoping that babies haven't changed much in last three years smile

photographerlady Wed 13-Mar-13 16:19:42

shelley mothercare has a huge rack of sales clothing, or well they did last weekend. I picked up 4 dresses for under a tener each. DH keeps saying we are going to head to studland when the weather is nice. You reckon its a day trip?

dinkystinky Wed 13-Mar-13 16:38:39

Shelley - check eBay - you can pick up pretty cheap mat clothing bundles on there. Glad baby is OK. Have to admit I was surprised at hospital MW advice.

Hope driving lesson went well Schro.

Photographer - not doing any classes this time round but will dust off hypnobirthing notes and CD soon I think.

dinkystinky Wed 13-Mar-13 16:42:30

Sasha - sorry you had a scare and a bug - hope you feel better and finger is OK.

MrsMillions - sounds like you had a great break!

Phie - hope you feel better soon. Sounds like a poss bug. Like mightbe I am not sure I ever had hot pants and crop top days :-)

shelley72 Wed 13-Mar-13 16:59:37

dinky so was I (and thanks for replying on other thread when i was in a panic). i mean i KNOW with an anterior placenta that you feel movments less, as it was the same with DS but to tell me not to worry and to get it checked out on monday was ridiculous. luckily he (or she) moved later that evening, or i would have just turned up at Day Assessment on Friday as was at the hospital with DD anyway. CMW was going to check who was on duty that day, she was not impressed. have been watching a few bits on ebay, but tend to miss out as they either end too late at night or during school run times. have also been looking for a buggy board, but they are selling for practically the same price as they are new in JL! still dont know whether to wait and see if we really need it first, or see if this baby is happy to be in a sling. school walk is about 20 mins or so along busy roads and DD hates toddler rucksack/reins and cannot be trusted to walk nicely!

photographer had planned on trip to mothercare today but DD fell asleep on me just before lunch and only woke up in time for school, but will try and have a look at the weekend. studland is beautiful, often go there for the day in the summer, quite expensive to park if not in NT though. have never stayed there, though we do camp nearby near corfe castle. just be careful which end of the beach you go to grin

SlouchingPanda Wed 13-Mar-13 17:13:56

Great new thread name - thanks Dinky!

Had a mad lunchtime dash to town for emergency bra shopping. I only had one that wasn't indecent, so now have two more. Hurrah!

I am all booked in for NCT which start next month! Eeek! Had to do a slightly early one because of work commitments... it's all seeming so much more real suddenly!

22+6

dinkystinky Wed 13-Mar-13 17:33:37

Well it just so happens I could help you out on the buggy board if you like Shelley - feel free to pm me. Was going to sell for a tenner and postage - you'd need to get new connecters which you can get v cheap online.

iclaudius Wed 13-Mar-13 17:59:04

Twenty to thirty can be quite slow but 30-40 shoots by ! I am re decorating THREE bedrooms as having a change around - gah I can hardly face it

MrsMillions Wed 13-Mar-13 18:18:12

Yes thanks Dinky and Schro we had a great time. Baby clothes were lovely Schro but very little unisex, I think everyone must find out over there. We bought a rather large soft toy at FAO Schwarz and a book. Disappointed not to see any nursery decor in either department stores or home shops, maybe everyone goes out of town?

BB01 Wed 13-Mar-13 18:27:39

Marking my place.Will be back soon!

This thread is not accepting new messages.