Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - thread 2 - bookings and early scans!

(1000 Posts)
MummaPanda Wed 13-Mar-13 10:59:18

Where did everyone go? Lol

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 13-Mar-13 16:29:56

Welcome idrather
icing I'm not normally a chocolate eater except cream eggs which I'm addicted to but when I was pregnant I ate loads of the stuff. Am hoping I won't get the same cravings given I put on four stone with DS which I' e worked hard to get rid of

SpanishLady Wed 13-Mar-13 16:38:18

Hi idrather - there are a few of us in the same boat on this thread so you are in good company and fervently hope we all get to discuss our pregnancies soon without any need to say 'if' all the time!

there is something delicious and frankly amazing about twins isnt there? has given me such a lift cheese!

Dizzy81 Wed 13-Mar-13 17:46:15

Congratulations on the twins cheese, I wonder how many more we will have?

Can I ask is anyone else poking their boobs to make sure they still hurt?

After a symptomless day yesteday the jellybean is causing crampinig style paisn on the left now and by my belly button. Still no mornign sickness and can'ty stop eating!

On Friday I will be half way through the first trimester - am trying to stay calm. 13 days until I can see my jellybean an dmake sure it's ok!~!

Theicingontop Wed 13-Mar-13 17:52:37

No sore boobs here Dizzy, but my nipples feel like they're recovering from some sort of trauma. Soo sore, can't wear a bra at all, which is sad for me because I'm rather large busted OH is rather happy with this arrangement however

I've discovered my milk hasn't dried up at all, but has changed consistency/colour, which clearly DS isn't a fan of. I didn't think anything would be able to deter the boy from the boob. Baby - 1, DS - 0.

Such exciting news - twins! A friend of mine has identical girls and they are sooo sweet!

Hi there idratherbe! Congrats!

GinSling82 Wed 13-Mar-13 17:59:30

Dizzy my boobs don't hurt as much today. They are only very slightly tender - trying not to be paranoid about this.

Also struggling severely with tiredness and feel sad hmm. Not sure why. Longed to be pregnant so feel I should be walking on sunshine but feel like I want to go into hibernation. Hoping its just hormones.

Aww gin hugs - its probably your hormones. Have you told anyone yet?

GinSling82 Wed 13-Mar-13 18:18:15

Thanks fairy. I told my mum and dad today and my mum was literally overjoyed - she started crying. Even my dad had watery eyes. (They have been waiting for me to have a child for a little while, in their world I was leaving it a little too late - I'm only 31!!) So that's why I don't get why I'm sad, it's such happy news but I just feel a bit rubbish.

Don't think it helps that DH is working late every night this week, and I'm working all weekend so I won't really see him until tues evening hmm

honey86 Wed 13-Mar-13 18:19:30

blimey cheese grin congrats fx for your hcg count next time x

You are probably tired and a bit overwrought especially if you aren't seeing your DH a lot. Hormones account for soooo much!

But we'll always cheer you up biscuit thanks

GinSling82 Wed 13-Mar-13 18:31:49

Thanks Fairy that means a lot. This little group is so helpful. Especially as DH thinks I'm exaggerating about the tiredness!! I think because he can't see a bump he thinks I shouldn't have any pregnancy symptoms grrrr!

DittyRatt Wed 13-Mar-13 18:36:01

Found you! Oooo thread 2 already.

Wow cheese twins, so exciting.

Good look to all those with early scans, hope everything goes ok and its good news.
I am not having an early scan and am just going to leave it untill the 12week scan.

Re: births; I was think of having a home birth this time, because my local hospital is pretty crap, they don't listen to you at all, and they are more concerned with procedure than the mother's wishes, they also have a rather high c-section rate. So I was thinking that if I have a home birth I will be more relaxed and in control.

6+1…x

Idratherbe Wed 13-Mar-13 18:40:06

Thanks everyone, aren't you a lovely bunch? Great to hear I've got company. In boob news, yes, I have been having a prod now and again just to check... But I'm nervous every time I do it so I'm trying not to. Is there an overanalysis emoticon?

I'd say we will all have loads of bad days over the next 8 months so knowing you can get support really does make things easier. Especially when it's early on and none of us can really talk openly about how we feel with everyone!

My friend in work twigged today tho she's massively intuitive!

vix206 Wed 13-Mar-13 18:44:12

Another sad one here. I struggled with depression 7 months after DS was born for the first time in my life. And I have the same feelings creeping in on me now. I know it's hormones so just hoping they even out soon and don't plague me for much longer. confused

MTB82 Wed 13-Mar-13 18:55:14

Welcome Idrather congratulations!!

Gin I'm totally with you but up and down and all over the shop feel sad sometimes of no reason (in a similar position with DH away at mo which I def don't think helps as he's the only one that knows) I think that's half the reason I feel all over the shop because everything's all bottled up. I think it is just a very emotional time because its like a big anxious waiting game and you just feel a bit helpless. We're all in it together though and will pull each other through. That scan date is going to change everything I think.

Can't remember who mentioned boobs (baby brain) but yes I'm constantly giving them a poke to check something's still going on!! You're not alone!!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 13-Mar-13 19:00:48

Wow cheese twins. Double congrats for you.

snow thinking of you, hope you are ok

gin it's an nhs scan. I had some very early mc last year (chemical pregnancies really). My consultant checked me out and said there was nothing wrong with me of dh and signed me up to the promise trial.

I'm on progesterone supplements (or placebo till week 12). They scan you at 7 weeks to check everything is going well.

Theicingontop Wed 13-Mar-13 19:26:56

Feels so much better when you're actually sick rather than feeling like you're going to all day, <sigh>. Waste of a perfectly good spaghetti bolognese though.

"Morning" sickness my arse.

MummaPanda Wed 13-Mar-13 19:39:26

My 'morning' sickness is also well and truly established now. Same as with dd not really throwing up just feeling sick all day, I agree icing, sometimes I think that's worse! I'd rather throw up and get it over with! [Sad]

Mistyshore Wed 13-Mar-13 19:42:35

cheese twins! I keep telling DP it could be triplets as my tummy is huge already (I just like to see his petrified face). You're twins are making my "hilarious joke" a bit real. I'd love twins!

I'm up and down too, I'm seeing a counsellor as I've had depression for a while. I've had a bit of a wait for the appointments so it all feels a bit weird that I'm happy but worried but confused but happy but scared!! I do feel more able to cope and I'm looking forward which I haven't done in a long time.

Scan booked for April 17th. All done over the phone with referral number from the GP.

This time next month we'll all be starting to tell the world!! grin

MummaPanda Wed 13-Mar-13 19:46:17

sad grrr

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 13-Mar-13 19:53:05

gin totally with you about the hormones. Made DS his dinner this evening and was almost in tears when he wouldn't eat it. Then got ridiculously cross about him eating nothing (cross in my head, I never show him I'm bothered if he doesn't eat). Then was feeding him shreddies choking back tears because he was eating something!
Waves of queasiness here.

Theicingontop Wed 13-Mar-13 19:56:12

If it's any consolation my relief lasted ten minutes and I feel even more sick now. What are these bracelets everyone seems to have? Anti-sickness bracelets, how do they work?

harverina Wed 13-Mar-13 19:59:18

I am totally checking my boobs all the time haha! My nipples are pretty painful too but only when I touch then or accidentally bump against them.

So excited for you cheese! I secretly hoped for twins first time round as there are twins in my dh's family!

You know I'm also feeling a bit sad for no reason too. I don't feel as exhausted but have a feeling of "can't be bothered" and I can't pinpoint why so it must be hormonal. My dh is away this week too and I actually miss him very very much so that's not helping. It must be a first trimester hoonal thing of a few of us are the same?

Just getting dd organised for bed but we are running very late! So is better run for now. Feel like I haven't read everyone's messages properly for a couple of days!

I have a sensation in my tummy - not pain just a presence? Can't remember getting this till about 13 weeks last time. It's really hard to explain but if I touch my tummy inside I feel that something is different - sorry not making sense!

harverina Wed 13-Mar-13 19:59:57

Hormonal not hoonal!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.