Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - thread 2 - bookings and early scans!

(1000 Posts)
MummaPanda Wed 13-Mar-13 10:59:18

Where did everyone go? Lol

PassTheCremeEggs Fri 15-Mar-13 20:13:18

Motherofcleo - I had a GP appointment around 8 weeks. He took basic details, did blood test (I think) and sent off the referral to hospital for the 12 week scan. I then had the proper booking in appointment with midwife at 10 weeks where they ask you tons of questions about medical history, family circs etc etc, give you your notes, and do urine test/blood pressure which then happens at all other antenatal appointments. I then saw midwife roughly every four weeks (unless there was a scan) - so midwife around 16 weeks, scan 20 weeks, midwife 24, 28, 32, 36, 38 and 40 weeks. Towards the end it's more frequent and if you go overdue you have to see them every week at least. Hope this helps!

Ps I never had a 16 week scan either - the wait between 12 and 20 was interminable!

I had the absolute pleasure of a cuddle with my friends baby today - she was soooo cute! Cannot wait until I have one of my own

PurpleKiwi Fri 15-Mar-13 23:50:49

Ah, apologies may have confused the 16 week midwife appt with a scan appt blush

We'll be having an 8 week scan due to our stillbirth and know that they'll be ramping up the appointments this time around. TBH, last time I think I may have filled that waiting time between 12 and 20 weeks with shopping for cute baby things!

SusieSu20 Sat 16-Mar-13 01:04:21

Hi, can I join your thread please?! We've just found out we're pregnant on Wednesday. Haven't even gone to the doctors yet but our due date is 14th November.

getoffthecoffeetable Sat 16-Mar-13 06:00:58

Less than eight months to go fairy then it'll be your turn.
Welcome susie congratulations.
DS up at 5.10am. These early mornings are killing me. He used to be a 6.45 boy, don't know what's happened over the past few months to muck it up. Any miracle cures? At this rate I'll never get any sleep when new baby arrives.

VipBaba Sat 16-Mar-13 06:10:00

Hi SusieSu20

Welcome, and congratulations. I found out on Wednesday too and only going to the doctors on Monday. Have you had any symptoms as yet? I been have morning sickness all hrs of the day and the nausea is terrible. Some great solutions on here though so far ginger seems to be the answer.

vix206 Sat 16-Mar-13 06:25:32

Getoffthecoffeetable how old is your DS and what are his naps like? After almost 2 years of early waking with mine I feel your pain! He's now consistently waking at 6.45-7.

If all else fails the clocks going forward soon may help you grin

vix206 Sat 16-Mar-13 06:26:35

Welcome susiesu. Don't worry about the doctors! Round here they won't even see you until you're 8 weeks so I've got 3 weeks to wait still!

getoffthecoffeetable Sat 16-Mar-13 06:53:13

vix he's just turned two. He has a nap around one o'clock. At nursery he sleeps for about an hour and at home between one and two hours. He couldn't do without his nap, he just falls asleep if he doesn't get put down for his nap! Well done on sorting out your early waker. I keep saying I can't wait for the clocks to change - but am scared that'll make him even worse!

vix206 Sat 16-Mar-13 06:56:19

My DS is 2.5 and does about the same. And sleeps from 7.30-7ish at night. I think they just go through phases don't they? Very tiring when they suddenly change!!

getoffthecoffeetable Sat 16-Mar-13 07:07:47

It certainly is. Fingers crossed we get to the end o this phase sooner rather than later!

SuffolkNWhat Sat 16-Mar-13 07:45:25

DD is 3.6 and still needs a nap most days, nursery are having to reintroduce them again as she falls asleep in the car and is a nightmare to get to bed on nursery days!

Weird dreams last night, being lost on a boat so running around. Boat was in a storm. Woke up feeling very sick grin

harverina Sat 16-Mar-13 08:08:39

I am freaking out about a little bit but my rational side is telling me not to be stupid? Woke this morning with awful shoulder pain - it's not like the shoulder tip pain I had after my section more like I have slept badly on one side. It is both shoulders but the right in particular and my right arm. It feels muscular because when I love my head and neck certain ways its worse and when I sit certain ways it almost goes away, though not totally. Of course google has scared me as it is a sign of an ectopic!!! I had some pain in my side earlier but it felt like gallbladder pain as opposed to pain on my tummy aaaarrrggghhh! What do you guys think, am I being crazy??

vix206 Sat 16-Mar-13 08:49:09

Hi harverina, it sounds muscular to me. Don't freak out wink maybe ask for a gentle massage!

Saundy Sat 16-Mar-13 09:20:03

Welcome Susie & congrats!

That sounds muscular to me too but I'm no dr so if its really worrying you just go to your local drop in Ctr & get it checked out. There's no harm in being careful. I have to second the massage suggestion though smile

Am so tired today, I thought I'd been tired all along but this has really upped it a gear, I could sleep where I stand!

vix206 Sat 16-Mar-13 09:22:00

I'm symptomless and have been for a few days now. I'm tired but hard to know if that's caused by pregnancy or the daily demands of DS!!

harverina Sat 16-Mar-13 09:23:20

Sorry it def is muscular, it's eased a bit and mainly when I move, god how irrational was I?!

harverina Sat 16-Mar-13 09:25:09

Hi susie, congratulations!

getoffthecoffeetable Sat 16-Mar-13 09:29:18

haverina not irrational at all, just a concerned mummy to be who knows what symptoms to look out for. Glad that the pain's eased off and it's muscular.

vix206 Sat 16-Mar-13 09:37:02

Glad you feel better now harverina grin

Dizzy81 Sat 16-Mar-13 09:44:22

Haverina, it's not irrational at all - you're a concerned mum. The main thing is its eased off.

I've slept for 12 hrs and want Togo back to bed. I'm sooo sleepy, I may have to have a napand I've only been up for an hr. jellybean must be on a growth spurt.

Had a look in the mirror after I Wokeup and I looked fairly pale, a bit of colour now, phew

Hi to everyone just joined!

I'm symptomless apart from a bit tired

vix206 Sat 16-Mar-13 09:56:09

12 hours sleep - the stuff of dreams! I'm still waking up around 4am every day so lucky if I get 6. Should really feel much more tired than I do!shock

busyprocrastinating Sat 16-Mar-13 09:57:29

Oo i am jealous of those who get naps. Dd is 2.5 and stopped daytime naps over a year ago. Hoping the next one might sleep better.

Saundy Sat 16-Mar-13 10:10:03

Honestly this is a whole new world of tired, I feel as though I'm made out of lead. I've totally lost my appetite too, possibly because I can't face the physical effort of eating as there's no nausea to explain it. Am having to force it down at the min.

I'd have to agree that you weren't irrational there Havernia you kept a line of reasonable thought open!

This thread is not accepting new messages.