Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - thread 2 - bookings and early scans!

(1000 Posts)
MummaPanda Wed 13-Mar-13 10:59:18

Where did everyone go? Lol

RubyWindsor Wed 13-Mar-13 10:59:57

Here! grin

MTB82 Wed 13-Mar-13 11:03:58

Woohoo. Tread 2 that must mean we're making progress. Feel like that's quite an alternative milestone for us.

Ruby when's your scan?

honey86 Wed 13-Mar-13 11:05:44

4th grin

RubyWindsor Wed 13-Mar-13 11:07:31

On Friday... Nervous, excited and scared all rolled into one at the minute! Although the sickness that just won't leave me is kind of putting my wandering mind at ease!

GinSling82 Wed 13-Mar-13 11:09:21

Hi ladies, its good to be a part of thread 2 grin

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 13-Mar-13 11:20:27

Yey, shiny new thread!
Am trying not to be paranoid about lack of symptoms today. DS and I have been playing on the garden, it's actually a nice spring day for a change! Am looking forward to nap time though since he got up at 4.50am little monkey!

retroelle Wed 13-Mar-13 11:23:08

Hello new thread. So fresh and clean now, but so soon to be filled with puke, sore boobs and discharge ...

williaminajetfighter Wed 13-Mar-13 11:27:48

dear god, I thought I had lost you!! Am thinking about snowdrop and cheese. Please update us when you can!

I have booked an 8 week scan for the 27th March. Cost £75 but, hey ho, shall be my little treat. V excited. My friend in NYC said her doctor had a scanning machine in her office and she got scanned everytime and whenever she went in. Lucky!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 13-Mar-13 11:36:31

Woo hoo new thread. Time is marching on then, even if it doesn't feel like it.

williamina so jealous of your friend. If I had my way I would be scanned everyday. At least I only have to wait till tomorrow.

williaminajetfighter Wed 13-Mar-13 11:37:36

whenshewas seems like there might be a tidy little profit in 'home scanning machines' for neurotic pregnant women like us! I see a business venture coming on...!

GinSling82 Wed 13-Mar-13 11:41:02

WhenSheWas - did you book an early scan privately or is it part if your NHS package of care?

Yep I booked scan, I'm seeing it as a little treat too. Booked for 4th April when I'm 9 weeks. It's also a few days before my birthday so wanted some reassurance before then. I'm seeing some close friends and I'll feel more comfortable about telling them my news if I've seen a scan.

Dizzy81 Wed 13-Mar-13 11:53:25

Getoff, I've been symptomless for a few days - think the body is settling down with the hormones. Am trying not to think the worst for the scan on 26th.

I hope snowdrop and cheese are ok.

Dizzy81 Wed 13-Mar-13 11:55:30

Whenshewasbad, is yours a private scan?

Hi all - found you!

I feel a bit queasy this morning and I've got a rotten taste in my mouth but othewise ok! Two people have asked if I'm alright tho confused

o forgot to say my friend is contracting so hopefully everything is ok at the minute. very anxious for her tho

hope cheese and snowdrop are ok

stuffthenonsense Wed 13-Mar-13 12:14:29

Wow, thread 2, so soon.

Theicingontop Wed 13-Mar-13 12:26:04

We're all only a month or more in too, imagine how many threads we'll have gone through come D-day. Counting myself very lucky to be this far though and thinking of those who didn't thanks

That's good fairy, hope everything progresses smoothly for her.

I'm glad we'll be waiting until 12 weeks to scan, we won't have a car until June and will be relying on my dad to drive me, it's 30-odd miles away, I want to tell everyone as close to the 12 week mark as possible and I know he won't keep quiet about it grin. I think I'll tell him a few days before my appointment...

Wibblypiglikesbananas Wed 13-Mar-13 13:12:04

Hi ladies, gosh, didn't check in for a couple of days and there's a whole new thread! Hope everyone's doing ok and not suffering too badly.

I am now 6+6 and the dreaded heartburn has returned. Last time, it only stopped once DD was born so there's a while to go yet!

For all of you keen for early scans - come to the US! I had my booking in appointment last week and they were very keen to get involved. I actually refused as I have bad memories of going to the EPU (back in the UK) with bleeding when I was 8 weeks with DD so would rather just have the 12 week scan. I'm booked in again in two weeks to discuss the results of blood and urine tests that were taken at the first appointment, but since they rang me yesterday to say these all looked fine, I'm not sure what we're going to be doing.

Take care everyone!

MotherOfCleo Wed 13-Mar-13 13:17:55

phew found you all. xx

Snowdrop9 Wed 13-Mar-13 13:23:32

Found you all. Thanks for all the lovely messages. I can't remember all the names in the process of finding the new thread, but it was so nice to read them. Williamina and Haverina and all who asked, I am feeling very sad and nervous today. I have to wait til tomorrow morning for my scan and am still bleeding with cramps. I am terrified of going and being told the worst, and also it can't come soon enough sad Feeling pretty tearful and worried to death, spending the day in bed bar a couple of little dog walks.
Honey I am so pleased that things seem to be progressing well for you and your message did send a little ray of hope, so thank you.
I am wishing you all such good luck and health and hope that everything is progressing well for each and every one of you - and me! xxx

Snowdrop9 Wed 13-Mar-13 13:34:24

How are you Cheese xxx

SuffolkNWhat Wed 13-Mar-13 13:43:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hi suffolk!

hope you get sorted soon

fingers xd for you snowdrop

williaminajetfighter Wed 13-Mar-13 13:46:58

hi everyone - thought i would bring the chart of everyone's names and EDD from the previous thread. Didn't want to lose it. (Am procrastinating at work...) Anyone not on the list, please add your names!

STATISTICS UPDATE

MTB82 Edd 28th Oct. Baby no1

Snow Edd 29th Oct. Baby no1
WhenSheWas Edd 29th Oct. Baby no2

Diege Edd 31st Oct. Baby no6

Heartonsleeve Edd 1st Nov. Baby no1
SterlingS Edd 1st Nov. Baby no1
Busyprocrastinating Edd 1st Nov. Baby no2
Mistyshore Edd 1st Nov. Baby no2
Wibblypig Edd 1st Nov. Baby no2
Whilewild Edd 1st Nov. Baby no2

Crazyhead Edd 2nd Nov. Baby no2
Harverine Edd 2nd Nov. Baby no2
GetOff Edd 2nd Nov. Baby no2
Honey Edd 2nd Nov. Baby no4
Stuffthenonsense Edd 2nd Nov. Baby no6

Pegster Edd 2nd Nov. Baby no?

Ruby Edd 3rd Nov. Baby no1
Suffolk Edd 3rd Nov. Baby no2

Clementine82 Edd 4th Nov. Baby no1
Hellington Edd 4th Nov. Baby no1
Berrybomb Edd 4th Nov. Baby no1
Icing Edd 4th Nov. Baby no2
SaBearOz Edd 4th Nov. Baby no2

DittyRatt Edd 5th Nov. Baby no3

Lexib. Edd 6th Nov. Baby no1
Fakebook Edd 6th Nov. Baby no2?

MotherOfCleo Edd 7th Nov. Baby no1
GinSling82 Edd 7th Nov. Baby no1
The Sperminator Edd 7th Nov. Baby no1
Ceramicunicorn Edd 7th Nov. Baby no2
Williaminajetfighter Edd 7th Nov. Baby no2

Fairy Edd 8th Nov. Baby no1
Dizzy81 Edd 8th Nov. Baby no1
Okavango Edd 8th Nov. Baby no1
Minesahotchocolate Edd 8th Nov. Baby no2
MrsTwinks Edd 8th Nov. Baby no?

Newtothisstuff Edd 9th Nov. Baby no3
Posabelle Edd 9th Nov. Baby no?

Retroelle Edd 11th Nov. Baby no1

Lovesthechaos3 Edd 12th Nov. Baby no4

Minniemooo Edd 13th Nov. Baby no2

Vix206 Edd 15th Nov. Baby no2

Spanishlady Edd ?. Baby no2
Shelly Edd ?. Baby no2
MummaPanda Edd ?. Baby no2
Curly Edd ?. Baby no3

This thread is not accepting new messages.