Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 - The Beginning of the Bumps

(998 Posts)
BinarySolo Wed 06-Mar-13 16:01:02

StatsThread

Old thread getting full. Already!

jennimoo Thu 07-Mar-13 04:03:48

I used t gel all through pg with DD, had no idea!

LexyMa Thu 07-Mar-13 07:29:55

May I start today with a grump...? DH slept badly, so of course I did too. I am forcing myself to get ready for work with a stinking headache. When I get there, I have to take part in a presentation to 150 people that I was told about yesterday. Only 5 mins but I am grumpy about it. And DS crawled into our bed by flopping right on my tummy - the flabby part where all the organs are being pushed out of the way. I admit I shouted. Which didn't help my headache.

Kittenkatzen Thu 07-Mar-13 07:38:25

Just joining the "rosy please don't go" chorus! As others have mentioned, everyone's hormones and emotions are all over the place so we are probably ALL a little over sensitive at the moment. Not to mention the fact that it is impossible to have this many women in one place without the odd disagreement under normal circumstances, let alone everyone upduffed! grin Come back rosy, we all want you to stay!

Sympathies to those with dry scalps, I'm suffering with itchy dry skin but thankfully escaping any scalp drama so far touch wood

So the angel sounds Doppler sounds like it might be worth it then? Might have a look into it...

Kittenkatzen Thu 07-Mar-13 07:40:09

<quietly passes brew to lexy>

<backs out of room slowly>

Marking my place. Had my booking in yesterday and my scan is tursday, it's not coming round fast enough! Whislt I was being booked in my friend was upstairs having a baby girl, was a strange moment!

I thought I felt flutterings a week it so ago but I'm not sure, need to have a cold drink later and concentrate.

I've also been looking at double buggies but I'm just so frazzled that I can't decide.

flipflump Thu 07-Mar-13 07:41:48

Not the best start to your day LexyMa, hope it improves! I too have woken with a headache, thought I'd got rid of it yesterday confused

Flakey scalp here too, very noticeable along my forehead - yuck!! Also, TMI but does anyone else have flakey nipples? Or suggestions what to do? I've been using cocoa butter. Should I use nipple cream? Are they all made with lanolin? I'm allergic to that and the ones I've looked at its the main ingredient. Would love to hear some suggestions. Toast and marmite time . . . belly is rumbling!!!

MrsMc82 Thu 07-Mar-13 08:02:46

Marking my place smile

BinarySolo Thu 07-Mar-13 08:16:14

Flip, the boots nipple cream doesn't contain lanolin.

badguider Thu 07-Mar-13 08:21:25

Hi all,

Anybody else feel like they are overcomitting to things that would be perfectly doable before but now totally overwhelming?
I've got a cold now - which seems to vanish in the daytime but at night blocks me up entirely. Last night I had to get up about 2am for paracetamol for a pounding headache that I couldn't sleep through.

Today I'm delivering training 9:30 to 12:30 then supposed to be at a networking event 2-4, I've got a big 11am meeting on friday and one at 3:30 then I'm going on guide camp (indoors) from 6ish Friday to midday Sunday. I feel absolutely awful, the house is an utter TIP, I mean seriously, not just a little bit, and I (not a tidy person normally) am desperate to clear up but am just too tired. I want my weekend but can't drop out of camp sad I'm just hoping they let me have a big nap on saturday afternoon otherwise i'll never survive sad and I think I might have to call sick on this afternoon's event and go back to bed after the training sad
God.... I just feel so USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!! I have cut back on so much that I normally do (exercise specifically, which I am missing but just can't fit in now with all the sleeping I need to do) and I STILL can't keep up sad angry angry

kimjayne Thu 07-Mar-13 08:34:53

Has anyone else taken up any antenatal exercise classes yet? The virgin gym near me have an antenatal yoga class at 9am on a Saturday. I'm tempted to go this weekend but due to my lack of bump feel like I might look like a mental non-preggers woman at an antenatal class.
I'm not normally one for exercise classes, I much prefer swimming but thought this might be a good way to meet some local mums-to-be! Anyone else been to any of these things? Xxx

jennimoo Thu 07-Mar-13 08:53:13

Bad guider - I feel like I just can't get anything done. It's bug after bug triggering the remaining morning sickness and am knackered. I'm just not able to go anywhere much and feel like I'm letting DD down as can barely even read a book without gagging from the end of cold gunge.

Was feeling pretty good by this point last time too, so have a little holiday booked the week after next...

An going to try to be proactive in not getting any more bugs. I'm taking pregnacare multi vits, and going to pick up some actimel, is there anything else pg friendly anyone would recommend which might help me get back on track health wise?

On a positive note I brushed my teeth with toothpaste this morning for the first time since Monday and haven't been sick smile

jennimoo Thu 07-Mar-13 08:54:31

I went to a couple of sessions of aqua natal at a local pool. Very gentle, so may not be your thing this early on. I really need to do some exercise but will try to get well first!

flipflump Thu 07-Mar-13 09:02:30

Thanks Binary, will give that a go.

Eeeknumber3 Thu 07-Mar-13 09:32:09

Oo la la, what a crap nights sleep, dd1 has been telling me all night there are 'skellingtons' in her bedroom, bloody pooped. The joys of a 4 year old with an over active imagination. I can't recall, as I have head fog extremis, who asked for advice re: baby equipment, but for what it's worth here is mine...do not treat this as expert, as it is far from! Only 21 months between DS 1 and dd1, so had to get a double buggy, as ds1 was frankly a lazy lump. I got a second hand cossatto side by side jobby, it was ok, but not good for shopping etc as difficult to negotiate. More often than not, when she was small, it suited me best to put her in a papoose and him in the Maclaren. In my experience, the buggy board was an utter waste of time, as ds1 HATED it, again mainly because he was lazy and wanted to sit down. It was also impossible to get up and down kerbs without losing DS in road! Another thing that was a waste of time for me was the shade a babe, still sat in loft after about 1 use. This is a while away but I have to say the ikea high chair is FAB and cheap, so easy to clean. Got a big fancy job first and was utter nightmare...do not do it!

Eeeknumber3 Thu 07-Mar-13 09:42:27

badguider I am totally with you. My house is a total bomb site and I just can't find the motivation to move and sort it when I have the time. It takes me all my energy to deal with DS1 and Dd2 when they get in from school and I have been so lazy on cooking them 'proper' food lately, they are probably suffering from malnutrition. Thank god for school dinners. I am knackered in the evening, when I normally catch up on jobs, so cannot move off the sofa. My lovely DH is cooking every night, which we normally take in turns. I have DD's birthday party for 30 weekend after next, bleurgh...and am mainly dreading the amount of plastic crap which will enter the house following this. My work is a business on eBay, which I haven't had the energy to deal with for about 2 weeks, I am lucky in that way, that I can abandon work! Basically, I truly feel your pain!

Eeeknumber3 Thu 07-Mar-13 09:42:48

Dd1 even!

EmmaDee Thu 07-Mar-13 10:02:07

Morning all,

Must be a morning for miserableness! Myhubby told my step-mil yesterday and all she could say was how awful I looked and that I should start smoking again (I quit as sion as I found out I was preggers except for one or two skip ups I thought I was doing ok).

Then he told his brother as he lives abroad and all he could say was f* I didn't think that would ever happen!! I'm only 30 ffs, just cause ny sil only purpose in live was to pop out kids!!! Ugh what is the craic with people? Thank god my mum and our friends are vaguely normal!!!

Derpess Thu 07-Mar-13 10:12:06

Morning all, answers to creamtea's twin questions:
-age -34

- height 5'4

-early bfp? About 4 weeks but I think I 'knew' I was pregnant by 3 weeks

-bad morning sickness? Constant nausea but the extreme tiredness was the worst thing, oh and breathlessness, can't get up stairs without puffing

-showing early/weight gain? Yep, more so in the last 3 weeks (I am 13+2)

-twins in family? Father had twin aunties

-dc1? Yep, and dc2 as well now!

Sorry to those having a rough day- it will pass....

JammyTummy Thu 07-Mar-13 10:25:50

I'm really shocked at how nasty some people can be about others' baby news! I don't think I could ever find it in my heart to say something shitty to someone who is obviously over the moon with happiness! And it's not like its a new pair of boots, it's a baby ffs!

jemimahpuddleduck Thu 07-Mar-13 10:47:54

Jammy I completely agree I am quite shocked at some of the reactions I have read about on this thread.

Luckily everyone's reaction towards us has been great so far I think people have been waiting as we got married 3.5 years ago now.

I am still worried about work though am 13+1 and still haven't told them yet.

The thing that is getting on my nerves at the moment is DH's family looking at me like I've said something awful when they ask if we are going to find out the sex and I say no! Had anyone else had this?

Creamtea1 Thu 07-Mar-13 10:57:19

Thanks derpress! So it looks like you are opposite to all the supposed twin 'pointers' apart from your dads aunties smile I love the mechanics of it all!

jemimah YES re finding out the sex reactions - its dc3 and people are amazed that we're not finding out, loads of why nots? And other reactions

I get dirty looks when I say I do want to find out the sex....apparently 'it's nice to have a surprise'. I just want to be able to get excited and enjoy buying things with a certain sex in mind (plus I hate neutral/pale yellow!).

It's surely a personal choice, no right or wrong...no idea why people have such strong opinions either way....if they don't want to know the sex then they don't have to ask me!!

jemimahpuddleduck Thu 07-Mar-13 12:46:24

Looks like there is no pleasing some people either way. I find it hard because I only give my opinion if it is asked.

I personally don't want to know but understand why people do and just think people need to realise it's really none of their business it's down to the parents to be.

Grr I suppose it's just one thing in a long line that people think they can have a say in.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Thu 07-Mar-13 13:07:14

I have my first scan tomorrow? Anyone else. I am both terrified and excited.

RunningBear78 Thu 07-Mar-13 13:31:15

Oh no ... the sweet tooth has returned blush

I find it strange that people ask things like finding out the sex and have any sort of reaction other than interest! Its not like it your/our choice has any impact on anyone else. My little bro (of Nuchal is a nice name) was initially surprised we'd find out, then notes ... 'should have known you're too nosey not to want to know'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now