Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 - The Beginning of the Bumps

(998 Posts)
BinarySolo Wed 06-Mar-13 16:01:02

StatsThread

Old thread getting full. Already!

Serg Sun 17-Mar-13 19:04:31

I am so tired. Can hardly even type. Too early for bed?!

jennimoo Sun 17-Mar-13 19:09:47

I'm knackered but terrified of going to bed as had two really bad nights lying there feeling miserable and hurting sad Sorry, moan over...

BinarySolo Sun 17-Mar-13 19:20:34

Very envious of you badguider. My friend had a vw brick campervan. It was great for cooking in, especially in the rain. Apparently tents are warmer to sleep in tho, so might be worth getting an awning.

badguider Sun 17-Mar-13 19:26:01

We hired one last year and used it in Scotland September into October and found it a good temperature actually. We're getting one with a heater - obviously grin.. I think a small tent like we had is slightly warmer but we couldn't camp with a baby in a small crawl-in tent, the van is as warm as a large tent. Ours will be a 2nd hand but modern van, with brand new conversion (including insultation).

badguider Sun 17-Mar-13 19:26:49

oh jennimoo I really hope that tonight is a better night for you - would a nice warm bath first help?

jennimoo Sun 17-Mar-13 19:37:38

Might try some steam inhalation as its the throat and tubes behind nose feeling sore which seems to wake me up. Paracetamol has worn off and I'm not sweating or shivering so maybe...

frogchops Sun 17-Mar-13 19:41:56

Have been asleep most of the day due to really bad head. It's awful. I'm worried I shouldn't take paracetomol every 4 hours. It feels like horrendous head pressure I'm sure its gona explode. :-( any ideas?

Whyriskit Sun 17-Mar-13 20:35:20

Sorry for all of you feeling rough, hope you're feeling better soon!
V jealous of you bad guider! We had a converted dodge ram a while back which was great. DH bought a new tent on Friday though, hope to get a little bit of camping in with the boys before I get too unwieldy.

WhizzsMum Sun 17-Mar-13 20:48:41

Evening all, I have my scan tomorrow, have mixed feelings, need to confirm numbers as my twin anxiety dreams are now driving me crazy. Woke up all in a panic early this morning as they both in my dream ran in different directions and I had to choose which one to chase after! I've convinced myself so much that I have twins, I'm now worried I'll be gutted when they say there is one. What will be will be!
This week ahead is so manic, scan tomorrow, funeral Wednesday, wedding Thursday and move into our new house on Friday. Don't think I could fit anymore 'life events' into this week if I tried!

frogchops Sun 17-Mar-13 21:11:58

Whizz, its funny how I couldn't joke about twins before my scan, and I was half expecting there to be two (and the other half expecting there to be nothing :-/) I actually cried relief when she said there was one, but the more I thought about it, I'd have loved there to be two! Funny mixed up emotions!! For me, having had no early scan it was the most amazing thing in the world, I can't stop looking at my little picture!

frogchops Sun 17-Mar-13 21:17:28

Also, having seen how the poor little mite fidgeted around and looked all disgruntled when I coughed and sneezed, its really quite comforting that I get little twinges when I have an ice cold drink or have a sneezing fit... It just him having a wriggle. Before I'd have been worried what these pains were. But while he was wriggling on the screen I felt those exact pains!

juniper9 Sun 17-Mar-13 22:07:25

I have had two early scans but someone on this thread or on the October one discovered twins even though only one had shown up previously.

My scan is tomorrow so I'm scared there might be two! Just don't have enough space to fit in two!

BinarySolo Mon 18-Mar-13 06:45:45

Good luck to everyone with scans today.

We're hoping to go camping when or if the weather improves. I shall now be on the lookout for similarly pregnant women! My son's 2 in may so it will be the first camping trips for him, but I'm sure he'll love it! Have already planned my cosy bedding strategy!

May even risk the Easter break if the weather looks ok and my neighbour will look after the ducks!

jennimoo Mon 18-Mar-13 07:14:39

We're hoping to go camping this year too but not looking good (too ill to consider it, but not going to moan this morning, too tired...)

Took DD last autumn when she was almost 2 and she loved it. Was a quiet family friendly little site and was perfect for her to just run about.

Girraferama Mon 18-Mar-13 08:14:53

Morning all, hope everyone is feeling better today?

Had a busy weekend.. Went pram shopping! Haven't bought yet but did lots of research, lots of putting-up/taking-down and getting them stuck and have now settled on 'the one'. Tip to everyone, check out your local independent baby shops - found some of the big name buggies far cheaper than on the high st/Internet! Then on Sunday we painted the nursery! (I know it is all very early but I have a very impatient hubby!) suffering with tight arm and leg muscles today though! Starting pregnancy yoga later this week so hoping that will sort it out!

All starting to feel very real now... Visible bump in my clothes today too!

Girraferama Mon 18-Mar-13 08:15:28

PS also going camping, in May... Dreading the late night trips to the loo!

fl0b0t Mon 18-Mar-13 08:48:43

Good luck all with scans today!!

I did feel better this morning, but after standing at the train station in 0 deg for an hour waiting for my stupid train I started to feel really dizzy and faint so I got my husband to take me home sad

jemimahpuddleduck Mon 18-Mar-13 09:26:50

Sorry some of you are still feeling poorly.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and tell my boss today! Don't know why I am so nervous.
I'm not really sure what to say..... Do you think just I'm pregnant then see what he says? Not really much else I can say I suppose.

Creamtea1 Mon 18-Mar-13 09:47:40

Another one for camping in may! My two boys love it.
Good luck to everyone having scans today, can't wait to hear if any more twin news smile

Creamtea1 Mon 18-Mar-13 09:48:30

Ps after feeling 100% normal again yesterday feel totally sick again today, bleurgh

Kittenkatzen Mon 18-Mar-13 11:19:06

Morning all!

thanks to all those feeling poorly

Good luck telling the boss jemimah! I was inexplicably terrified telling mine - my hands were shaking and I went bright red blush. Of course he was nothing but lovely, and in fact just looked slightly relieved - I think he thought I was going to hand my notice in haha! I'm sure it will be fine for you too.

LexyMa Mon 18-Mar-13 12:40:00

I'm off to my 16 w appointment at 1pm today... Need to ask to try to hear on the Doppler because I haven't felt anything, and it's 16+6 according to the scan. Had felt something by now the first time, and thought it was earlier second/subsequent times, but have also been told that because of looser tummy muscles, maybe there is more space and not so much to kick against...

Also, am having unpleasantly frequent wee escapes. Anyone know if you can use internal kegel exerciser thingies when pg? I am going to look for Pilates classes, definitely.

Eeeknumber3 Mon 18-Mar-13 15:05:54

Greetings y'all. Horrific cold today courtesy of my delightful snotty faced children. Every time I do (they are particularly violent) a sneeze I do a little wee, think everything down there has just given up trying to hold it in now we're on pregnancy number 3...joy, I am a pant wetting snot monster...and I forgot DH's birthday this morning and just sat and moaned about my nose, oops!

emsibub Mon 18-Mar-13 15:14:15

When will the sickness end!!

fl0b0t Mon 18-Mar-13 15:25:01

emsi exactly. Possibly never..... I've just finally cracked from the stupid comments and linked to these pages:
https://sites.google.com/site/pregnancysicknesssos/what-to-say-when on facebook to try to stop people saying stupid things!!

jemimah don't worry about telling your boss- it will be fine! Just be yourself! make sure you sound excited about it, so they will feed off that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now