Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 - The Beginning of the Bumps

(998 Posts)
BinarySolo Wed 06-Mar-13 16:01:02

StatsThread

Old thread getting full. Already!

Girraferama Wed 06-Mar-13 20:06:26

Hi all just marking my place. My bargain skinny jeans have just arrived from Next too.. They look really nice but are under the bump ones and feel like they are going to slip down at the back every time I sit down... Only £12 though... Don't know whether to keep them... Dilemma!

purple - I sort if found it by searching for my name, but don't think it was the one I was looking for! Couldn't see you on it!

ION I've got flakes on my scalp as my skin is so dry... Anyone got any suggestions? I've never suffered dandruff so can't really compare but scalp isn't itchy or sore and flakes are big not small... Should I try anti-dandruff shampoo? If so, anyone got any recommendations?

MammaGnomes Wed 06-Mar-13 20:07:26

Fl0b0t I totally feel your pain with the sickness, this was my first day back in work after 6 off and it has really taken it out of me, I too am keeping fluids down so not HG but man is it tough!!!
Doc prescribed me some anti sickness tabs and they are great wish I would have had them from the start!!

I really really want this JL teddy and I haven't even seen it yet - going to have a little nosey now might talk my (over excited) sister to purchase it for me to make me feel better he he

MammaGnomes Wed 06-Mar-13 20:10:05

Ps I get flakey scalps from time to time and swear by head and shoulders even If its cleared up I still use it

Whyriskit Wed 06-Mar-13 20:11:57

I'm pretty sure I've been feeling movement - 13 weeks but DC3.
Got a sheepskin for DS1 and used it with DS2 as well. It is just a normal sheepskin but I did wash it in the washing machine.

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Wed 06-Mar-13 20:51:46

Just a quick message to wish you all well on your journey.
I've decided to leave the group.
It's been very clearly made that I have upset some people with comments I have made.
Just to make it clear to you all. You don't know me. My background. My support or what makes me form my beliefs - the same as I don't assume yours.
I have often made it clear that I am completely overwhelmed with the whole thing - esp after being told at 21 I would not naturally conceive. So pregnancy, miscarriage and the like is not something I have read up on, paid much attention to, or expected I'd have to deal with.
As for opportunities for disabled children. You don't live where i live. I KNOW there is nothing in our area and I KNOW that my in laws would not cope, because they are archeic.
As I said. Have a great pregnancy and good luck to all and bumps xx

Really long day at work today & still suffering from the acid reflux. For those who haven't had the pleasure it's like when you're sick in your mouth but without the actual sick, just the other unpleasantness). I'm going to try sleeping more upright tonight & have focused on alkaline foods today....any other suggestions greatly received!

JammyTummy Wed 06-Mar-13 21:17:59

Rosy I wish you wouldn't go. As said before everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions, and there are just as many ladies who support what you feel as there are who support 'the other side'. We are all here for each other! thanks

I can't remember who asked and now that I've started typing I can't go back to check- I'm 14+1 today. The first time I played with the Doppler was do far my most successful one as it took me quite a while the following few tries to hear anything. What's also quite amazing is that every once in a while the heartbeat is completely drowned out by noises of bubbles and flip flopping!!! Sounds like bean is having a whale of a time in there. I thought I felt something yesterday but having read in so many places that its too early I convinced myself it was something else. I'll wait till next time.

I've created a furry teddy rush! JL are going to wonder why they're suddenly selling so well! Going to have to fight you lot for the last teddy in stock by the looks of it!

JammyTummy Wed 06-Mar-13 21:21:28

Ps- the free box the teddy comes in obviously makes it worth the money. Think of all the wonderful things you could use it for. Silly DH who is unable to see that.

BinarySolo Wed 06-Mar-13 21:26:21

Rosy, there is really no need to leave the thread. We can surely agree to disagree on this one.

Creamtea1 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:35:10

Rosy you should do whatever suits you best. The freedom of speech is here for everyone, so just as you have obviously been upset/offended by some responses you also cannot expect others not to be allowed to voice their feelings, especially on something so emotive which was perhaps not worded in the way you intended it to come across.

CharlW1 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:41:48

Rosy please don't leave the thread. It's a great group and you have all kept me going for the last few months and that definitely includes you. What's good about the group is all the different opinions and open discussions we can have with each other and yet none of us know each others backgrounds our beliefs or what out circumstances are yet we can still be open with each other. It would be great if you could remain on this journey with us and those that have had disagreements agree to disagree x

CheeseStrawCraving Wed 06-Mar-13 21:47:44

Gosh you ladies move quickly. Is this thread 4 now? Marking place, and have emailed sisters to request JL teddy as their present grin. Sorry to hear of disagreements.

ION has anyone else developed ms? I have been pretty much symptom-free until about 11 weeks, and now feel like vomming at every opportunity... Am 13+3 today. I actually am not sure whether I am going o sneeze or throw up most of the time.

Also, being a first-timer, are there typical times of year or sales of baby stuff? Obv January sales, but are they all year round or is there a summer sale or similar?

fl0b0t Wed 06-Mar-13 21:56:17

giraffe I'd suggest T-gel if safe to use in pregnancy as a while ago I randomly developed similar....not dandruf as we traditionally know it but large flakes on my scalp. It does stink in a reassuring way but if you use it once a week the weird flakeyness stops!

cheesestraw I hope the sickness is brief! Each burp I wonder (usually too late) whether it will follow through!

gnomes are you feeling better now? It's hard being on the cusp of hg isn't it? I'm jealous of your 6 weeks off (though not six sick weeks). Sometimes I feel my medication is great, other days I wonder if it helps.....

BinarySolo Wed 06-Mar-13 22:03:17

Giraffe, you could try vosene or lush do something called snakeoil. If you fancy a home spun remedy, try massaging olive oil (recommended for cradle cap) or sunflower oil (closest oil to human sebum). I used to teach baby massage and have seen both these work wonders on babies. Obviously wash your hair afterwards to avoid the Waynetta Slob look.

SGJ Wed 06-Mar-13 22:04:31

Unfortunately T-Gel isn't recommended for use when pregnant - I'd be using myself otherwise as I get 'stress head' scalp flakes, grrr.
Rosy - if you feel that leaving the thread is right for you then I wish you all the best with your pregnancy and a speedy labour when the time comes! Pregnancy and parenting are topics that evoke a lot of mixed and strong opinions and it's been interesting to read about everyone's different perspectives.

MammaGnomes Wed 06-Mar-13 22:08:00

Really hoping that Rosie is still reading this and deciding not to leave. Would hate to think that somebody feels pushed out of such a lovely group

Fl0- Oh no 6 days not 6 weeks ha ha gosh I wish I could get away with that lol
I'm feeling slightly better although as I'm typing i can feel the sicky feeling coming back think they are wearing off!
Really hoping my scan next week helps lift it too (7 sleeps eek)

Derpess Wed 06-Mar-13 22:10:48

Rosy, don't leave the thread. I am sorry that you feel like this but have a re-think. It's a difficult time for lots of us and as I said earlier hormones are all over the place and I think we can all be hyper sensitive. We all need support from others going through things at the same time and I was really grateful for the support you showed me yesterday. From what I can see you have made loads of contributions to this thread and I think it would be a real shame if you left.

CheeseStrawCraving Wed 06-Mar-13 22:18:45

Someone mentioned the cutest crochet dog backpack on last thread (sorry forget who) and it led me to searching for other cute things online and I found www.babipur.co.uk which seems to have lots of cool, ethical stuff. Has anyone used cloth nappies with their children, or does anyone intend to with this bub? We are going to but it seems to be a broad subject area so lots for us to learn!

CheeseStrawCraving Wed 06-Mar-13 22:25:11

Creamtea what are your twins stats questions for derpess?!

KamikazeeKid Wed 06-Mar-13 22:26:52

Has anyone had experience of exposure to chicken pox during pregnancy? Just been advised its doing the rounds at my childminders school kids and groups they attend....had to step away from google!

I think I had chicken pox but very mild as a child...

My childminder doesnt know im pregnant either she's a but of a gossip so would be out the bag in a heartbeat!

Creamtea1 Wed 06-Mar-13 22:42:35

Ooh well reminded cheese! For derpress:
-early bfp?
-bad morning sickness?
-showing early/weight gain?
-twins in family?
-dc1?

Let us know smile

batfuttocks Wed 06-Mar-13 22:46:45

Just marking my place.

Re the disagreements further up the thread: surely no one needs to leave. These are emotive subjects, it's well known people have strong, and often opposing views on them. Come back rosy, and lets just agree not to mention that stuff again. Or politics, money and religion while we're at it!

EmmaDee Wed 06-Mar-13 22:54:51

Just marking my place.

Rosy don't leave I think the beauty of this forum is everyone is anonomous and can voice their views. It's good to hear all sides.
Ion I have a flakey scal too dh pointed it out which was nice!!! How many weird side effects are there! As this is.my dc1 I have to google each new sympton to check its normal!!!

frogchops Wed 06-Mar-13 23:42:44

Flipping eck even the June thread is only on thread 4.... We do talk some piff!! Haha

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Thu 07-Mar-13 02:34:56

Heck I've used T Gel a number of times!!!
rosy there are many of us here who agree with the outcome or the reaction that you would have if we were to foreseeably know of a significant issue or disability threatening the continued health of the baby. I think the wording in your post upset people only as it seemed to suggest that such children do not contribute to society. So please don't go, I don't think anyone is judging you for your specific personal reasons including the facilities in your area and your PILs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now