Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 - The Beginning of the Bumps

(998 Posts)
BinarySolo Wed 06-Mar-13 16:01:02

StatsThread

Old thread getting full. Already!

Wincher Wed 06-Mar-13 16:16:47

Hello! Marking place.

Eeeknumber3 Wed 06-Mar-13 16:33:23

Anyone feeling anything kicking, moving wise. I know this is dc3 and it is meant to get earlier, but at nearly 12 weeks I can definitely feel something. The midwife said she wouldn't be surprised, I am, considering bubs is so tiny! Out of interest, I never felt DS1 til right at end as the placenta was at the front...

jennimoo Wed 06-Mar-13 16:43:13

I felt dc1 at 13 weeks and this one I think about 12. Am 15 now and worrying as not feeling much, but looking forward to MW next week to hear heartbeat and put my mind at rest that all is well!

kipsonline Wed 06-Mar-13 16:57:51

The PsIL have finally left the building. Hoorahhhh!!

kipsonline Wed 06-Mar-13 16:58:55

I am 15 weeks now with DC3 and have definitely felt some fluttering a in the past week or so..... Exciting!

CharlW1 Wed 06-Mar-13 17:03:38

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Have become a bit addicted at looking at Mumsnet at work now!

Having lots of baby brain moments but no putting ice cream tubs in the washing machine like Rosy that still has me chuckling grin

CharlW1 Wed 06-Mar-13 17:04:13

Oh and finally managed to add myself to the stats page!

Ezza1 Wed 06-Mar-13 17:11:03

Hi everyone - I've been umming and aahing over which thread to join between this, pregnant after miscarriage or anyone on baby 3/4/5 + lol. I've plumped for here, hope that's ok smile

Im 11 weeks or thereabouts (edd 22/09?) with DC4 and a bit panicky at times due to having 3 m/c also.

I've not had scan or even got scan date yet due to my being utterly disorganised/in denial and only having my booking appointment this week.

My DC's are 15, 11 and 2 and I've not told the older two yet that there's another on the way....!

frogchops Wed 06-Mar-13 17:19:17

Marking my place here...

Have only quickly looked at today's posts as I've been bk at work, but did just laugh at the stupid bloody ginger biscuit comment!!
Am intrigued about the Doppler jammy, how many weeks are you? Maybe I'll wait til after my scan as I'll be 13 weeks the next day.
Someone bought in a stupid electric shock toy to work today and asked me to have a go. It said in big letters, 'do not use if u have a dodgy heart, are pregnant or are epileptic' ....I said errrr, I'd rather not. My friend (the only one at work who knows, stepped in to have a go to take the attention away from me bless her. I also found out that someone else at work is 13 weeks which gets everyone off my back and asking questions for a bit. I work with 46 nosey bitches women. Grrrrrr.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Wed 06-Mar-13 17:29:24

Marking my place.
15+3 and not even the faintest hint of a flutter from my little lodger!

KamikazeeKid Wed 06-Mar-13 17:54:27

Marking my place :-)

Kittenkatzen Wed 06-Mar-13 18:15:38

Marking place smile

No movements here yet. And I'm pretty sure my bump is more displaced chub than baby at the moment!

binary there was a thread on the pg boards yesterday where someone mentioned the iPhone app, and a couple of midwives came on and said it's basically a gimmick and pure not hearing the baby's heartbeat at all - apparently one had a colleague who had a lady in her care who's baby died because she failed to report reduced movements after "hearing" the HB on the app sadsad

fl0b0t Wed 06-Mar-13 18:16:31

Welcome ezza

I have had lots of grumbly wind which I pretend is baby moving.... Only 11+3 though

Cheers binary for the new thread!

LexyMa Wed 06-Mar-13 18:31:34

checking in. no flutters felt. downloading heartbeat app if I can find a free one.

Creamtea1 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:39:03

Hello new thread smile
I think I've felt a few flutters - nearly 14 weeks.
I've looked at the now famous John Lewis sheepskin teddy - sooo nice!

Eeeknumber3 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:44:28

I have become a little obsessed today with collecting enough cash back on the John Lewis MasterCard to gain aforementioned sheepskin teddy...of course spending lots of monies to acquire small sheepskin bear (with box) will be entirely justifiable; in my pregnant, deluded brain...this will effectively make the bear free of charge...

kimjayne Wed 06-Mar-13 19:03:09

Accotding to new due date im 14 weeks today. No proper movements as yet, had a few fluttery feelings but im pretty sure this was more hunger than anything exciting.
Also starting to wonder whether im ever gonna get a bump? im still in my skinny jeans and unless i told you there is no way you would guess im preggers! .. I realise some people will probably be cursing me for moaning, but it would just be reassuring to see some "proof". Especially now the symptoms are easing off (thank the lord).

HettySunshine Wed 06-Mar-13 19:03:52

Just marking my place. <goes to catch up on the news> grin

PurplePoppySeed Wed 06-Mar-13 19:20:13

Wow 3rd thread!

SGJ - I watched 16 kids and counting too, all i can say is OMG! Although i have to admit to being impressed by the Family in morcambe managing on just his bakery income!

Kilkers - 5 days and no poo, i thought i was struggling, but clearly not! I only went 2 days and felt terrible!

Gira - did you find that old thread?

KamikazeeKid Wed 06-Mar-13 19:31:23

I've got the angel sounds from when I bought it with ds (miles cheaper 2 years ago!) and didn't hear a thing at first at 14 weeks but tried my iPod earphones 5 mins later and heard him straight away!! So I recommend trying better earphones :-) got bubs just before 14 weeks this time even thru my fat this time!

BinarySolo Wed 06-Mar-13 19:36:35

fl0b0t I thought pretending wind was a baby move was entirely my trick! I was quite late feeling ds move, but think I had better stomach muscles then as I did a lot of belly dancing (really. Not a euphemism) grin

kitten that's bloody scary. I thought the iPhone app was a bit of a gimmick and expensive for what it is. I made a contact mike ages ago so might have a go with that at some point.

Derpess Wed 06-Mar-13 19:39:22

I'm 13+1 and haven't felt anything yet.... No bump yet but I am definitely bigger - just look fatter though instead of a nice neat bump!

BinarySolo Wed 06-Mar-13 19:46:28

Does sheepskin literally mean just that? I mean will it be wool on a leather back? Just if it is, it won't be very practical as a baby toy as I'd imagine it wouldn't be washable.

My son was given this by pil when he was born. I'd like to get similar for the new baby.

SGJ Wed 06-Mar-13 20:05:21

I did think today at work that I felt a few stirrings... am 15 weeks today. Last time the placenta was right at the front so didn't feel anything until more like 19/20 weeks. Also meant I never got to experience the sort of kicks where DH's hand would be kicked off my belly - really hope I get to experience that this time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now