Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

Phew! Not the only filthy minded one...

Oh no! This is the last post. I think that means I have to start a new Fred and link to it, doesn't it? Otherwise we'll all lose each other, right? None of you can answer, cos I have to do it before I post this... OH THE INDECISION. Right. I'm gonna do it:

New Fred

God that was nervewracking. I hope I did it right. <wipes brow>

frogchops Fri 02-Aug-13 13:21:53

Aha. I love cuntpuffin.

Congrats waves and Gary hurrah for more JS babies!

Also yay for stroke - that JSing Fred is going well, eh?!

MrsAVB is right, I am a total potty mouth. Cockwombles is excellent, but my boss <c-word klaxon for faint of heart> a cuntpuffin or cuntdonkey (not usually to his face) most of the time. Fucktard works well if you're shouting (you have to project and the 'F' sound is good for that. <thinks about swearing too much>

Am 18 weeks today - how on EARTH did that happen?

cookielove Fri 02-Aug-13 08:18:51

Hey stroke smile

MrsAVB Thu 01-Aug-13 20:32:08

Yay, congrats stroke xxx

Strokethefurrywall Thu 01-Aug-13 20:08:43

And hi Cookie Rock and Andie <waves>

Happy to see some familiar names!

Strokethefurrywall Thu 01-Aug-13 20:05:19

Can I join please?

I'm a graduate of the JSing thread, got my BFP 18 July, am 5+5 today and heading for my first scan tomorrow. This is DC #2 - I think I've lost track of which threads I've jumped on though so I'll try and just stick to this one!

Congratulations waves - what a wonderful birth story and Caspian is a great name! And congratulations Gary - I can still remember the first few days with DS and the sheer awe I felt when I looked at him. I can't bloody wait to do it all over again!

MrsAVB Thu 01-Aug-13 09:35:07

Yay... Congrats gary!
Btw... I can't take credit for cockwombles... I think it was Russell Howard? Anyway, humpty has far better insult names! wink
Have a good day all!
X

Yay for more JS babies grin hope you are settling in back at home now Gary

AndieDisestablishment Thu 01-Aug-13 08:10:59

Hooray Gary! smile I love this thread.

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 01-Aug-13 06:48:43

I have a baby!! Thought I posted here last night, turns out I hadn't <slaps wrist>
Boy born Tuesday morning, 7lbs 4...home last night, we're all doing well, will post more in a sec (DS1 is stirring, I have two DS!?!).

Congrats & welcome chocchaffinch!!

frogchops Wed 31-Jul-13 20:57:49

I bet when Gary suggested she might be next, she didnt realise it would be three days?? wink

Oh, i just realised that I have birth on thread 7. 7 is my lucky number and caspian fitted loads into his arrival - 27 of the seventh month at 1707 weighing 7lb 3. Things your mind turns to when feeding a 3 day old!

AndieDisestablishment Tue 30-Jul-13 09:44:47

Awww, Waves Caspian is so cute! I love your bump cast too.
Choc Congrats! smile

I called my GP this morning as I was told I should hear from the community midwife by the start of this week....she's on holiday for a fortnight so looks like I probably won't have my booking until 9 weeks and it puts an early scan out of the window. If I get to my scan and I'm 4 weeks further on than they presume (like happened with DD) I'll be hoping work don't think I was a big fat liar about not knowing my dates.lol

Kittenkatzen Mon 29-Jul-13 07:41:54

Congrats waves, little Caspian looks gorgeous in the pics, hope you're enjoying your newborn snuggles and not puking! Lovely birth story too, so glad stbxh was helpful and supportive, and your mw and doula sound wonderful!

Congrats and welcome to chocchaffinch too! How many hpt's down are you?! grin

MrsAVB Sun 28-Jul-13 21:33:51

waves, huge congrats and thank you for sharing your beautiful story! You're an inspiration smile.
And chaffinch congrats too! How many tests have you done? Xxx

Pineapple80 Sun 28-Jul-13 21:18:49

Beautiful birth story Waves that made me very emotional reading it! I love that Caspian was born to you singing, how magical. Please do come to Just Mumming, we're all siting for you there! smile

Welcome chaffinch and very big congratulations. I wasn't a believer when I got my BFP (or the following 7.....) and now my barely believed BFP is nearly 28 hours old smile

Thought I would share my birth story with you all...

I had a very on/off latent phase over 2 weeks. After going to hospital with regular but not painful contractions on Friday evening, I came home with my doula. I decided to let stbxh know, having decided that I didn't want to leave any "what ifs", and he came around to see me. He was very supportive, and practically helpful - he cleaned the kitchen whilst my doula was helping me through some more intense contractions, and helping me focus on the birth journey. He also was brilliant sorting out replacement performers for a gig I had arranged for Saturday lunchtime. (baby completed ignore the schedule I had for his arrival....)

I had a warm bath which increased the frequency of contractions, then under my doula's advice I went to bed. She went for a sleep in DS's room (Dcs were sleeping at a friend's house), and stbxh also stayed, sleeping on the sofa. Overnight the contractions got more intense and frequent, and I was having to vocalise through them, and had more warm baths, and did lots of crawling round the garden. By 7am I thought we should probably think about returning to hospital. I also knew that my favourite midwife came on duty at 8am, and I wanted to "baggsy" him first blush

My doula phoned the ward to let them know we were on our way in, and that all 3 of us would be attending. So we went up for just after 8, with all the bags, music etc. I was so relieved that I was assigned the person I hoped. He could see that my contractions were very intense, but were somewhat erratic (common in 3rd labours apparently, and more so for me because the long term exhaustion from HG had reduced my energy levels so much, together with the long latent phase of labour) So, at 10am he did a stretch and sweep but was pleased i was already 4 - 5 cm dilated. That made the contractions very regular and intense for a while, through which I was standing, leaning on the bed and vocalising my way through each one, whilst focussing on whole body relaxation.

I was getting upset as the contractions were lessening in terms of intensity and frequency, so at 1.30pm my midwife did another sweep, and then, with the next contraction, artificially broke my waters (I was 8 - 9 cm by then) That triggered things well, and shortly after I got into the birthing pool.

Throughout all this, my doula was a wonderful presence, just reminding me to keep a loose jaw, to vocalise in a deep voice, and reassuring me that I was doing beautifully, whilst giving me amazing back rubs. Once in the pool things continued intensely, and then I got in a panic that I couldn't do it. Again, my doula reminded me that this was the Gate of Doubt that every labouring woman faces. I felt I needed pain relief, and decided to try gas and air. This helped considerably. I again started to worry about the pain, as it felt different, and when my midwife had a look, expecting to see the cervix still dilating, in fact it had "disappeared" and the baby was starting to descend. He told me how to feel his head inside me which I did - it was very reassuring. I changed position from leaning on my knees against the side, to sitting back on the seat, and followed the guidance to listen to my body and push as necessary.

It didn't take very long before baby was crowning and with a HUGE push his head was out. The pushes before that were hard because he still hadn't decided which way to be born so throughout "the descent" his head was transverse. Once the head was out, I held it in my hands whilst waiting for the next strong contraction, with which my midwife guided his body out!

My PICC line was soaked by now, but that was not considered remotely important as it was not going to be used again. So, whilst I waited for the cord to stop pulsating, baby (now named Caspian) and I sat together in the lovely warm pool.

I had a natural third stage, once out of the pool, whilst Caspian was skin to skin (covered with my dad's jumper) and already latched on smile

It was really beautiful, and I am so proud of myself!

I had 2 sets of music - a playlist on my phone, and a CD which is of me playing and singing. It is very chilled, and it helped a lot keep the atmosphere relaxed. In fact, my midwife has asked for a copy as he loved it so much! So Caspian arrived to the sound of his mummy playing and singing which is quite special.

I kept my placenta, and took some special photos of it this afternoon, then cut off 6 1 inch cubes which I added to my blender with a load of berries and apple juice to make a pint and a half worth of smoothies. I should be able to finish this by tomorrow mid morning - apparently this will help my milk come in quickly and reduces PND risks. It doesn't taste any different to a normal smoothie (phew).

I suppose I should have a look at the Just Mumming thread now shouldn't I?!

ChocChaffinch Sun 28-Jul-13 20:55:06

Hi Viroids smile

got my BFP on Friday night <<<early days>>>

still not really a belieber grin

Pineapple80 Sun 28-Jul-13 16:22:35

Congrats Waves!! Welcome Caspian x smile

AndieDisestablishment Sun 28-Jul-13 14:10:59

Congrats Waves Caspian is a beautiful name. Hope you're both doing well.

Hahaha Gary DP tried to get me to agree to Tiberius.

Hooya Sun 28-Jul-13 13:44:45

Quick one to say congrats waves and love the name - it would have been on our list too but DP used to work with one so vetoed! Hope you are enjoying some sick-free days at last!

GaryBuseysTeeth Sun 28-Jul-13 12:25:41

Humpty, the only places I can find colourful maternity wear is Asda or Next. Living in too big 'normal' clothes mostly (Tesco's finest, they seem to cut well for those larger in the stomach area than boobage).

Caspian Nicholas John is a fab name waves (all 3 were on our shortlist for Ds, so we have great mutual taste), so glad you're finally able to enjoy him, after your long labour...is he as much of an acrobat in person?

Selfishly, I think waves popping means I'm next?! Yay me hopefully

Hurrah for settling on a name Hooya, look forward to knowing what it is!
Andie, DS's middle name is our (joint) favourite Sci-fi film character, can't get DH to agree on Tiberius for 'my' middle name for this one though. hmm

Cockwombles is awesome MrsAVB, think I'll start using it too grin

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend?

notsoold Sun 28-Jul-13 12:16:58

Congratulations waves and welcome to the outside world Caspian!!!
May the sun always shine on you!!!

StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 28-Jul-13 12:07:56

Been keeping a loose eye on the thread to see when waves finally has her little one!
Congratulations waves and Caspian (beautiful name), and what a good weight to say you've been throwing upfor most of your pg. All the best for the future and I hope it settles down now and you can be a happy family xxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.