Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

Pineapple80 Fri 15-Mar-13 01:19:05

Aww congrats Dysgu! Welcome to little Evan smile. Such lovely news!

Guinea - glad your meeting went well. Very cool your hospital was on telly! grin

We have picked a name ourselves as we know baby's sex but are one of those couples not telling! Middle name will be one of DH parents names, which I guess I am fine with. Had our heart set on one name for a while but we came across this one which is more unique and injustvlike it more IMO!

Great news of scans recently, bet it is a relief! I'll be 26 wks this weekend, hospital checkup next week then glucose test the week after. Baby stuff shopping possibly this weekend or next, I think it's going to make it so much more real when we buy things smile.

Not sure why but feeling a bit down today hmm. Lot of stress (created by only myself!) re DH's no-work situation. I know it won't be forever & these things take time but I am worried about what may happen, worried about DH's well-being etc etc. Someone just give me a kick up the bum please and snap me out of this!! Baby needs a positive and happy mumma smile. Anyway I am sure I will be fine, just one of those things that builds up over time I think & I'm letting it get to me.

Wishing u all a good Friday x

Congratulations! When Henry was in scbu they gave me a screen so I could express sitting next to him. Really worked for me but then Henry was term even though he was a size of a 34/35 week baby.

Not much to report here. Dressings getting changed today.

MrsBri Fri 15-Mar-13 07:15:12

Congratulations Dysgu...what a speedy labour! Hopefully Evan won't be in SCBU too long and you can all be at home together. :-)

And congrats to Waves too on finding out you're having a boy. I love your names. I like Sebastian too, but decided we weren't rich enough for it, ha ha! And DH wouldn't have liked it either.

Though he's surprised me with the boy's name we've agreed to as I thought he'd hate it!

We aren't telling many people our names. The boy's middle name is my mum's dad / Bri's brother and the girl's middle name is my dad's mum, so I get a family name in both, bearing in mind they'll have DH's surname.

Only 35.5 days left at work today. Thank god. Not feeling any better about the awful people I work with, but determined they won't push me out.

We've been told the whole company will be reviewed re redundancies after April, with one department under 30 day consultation as of now, so I think they're quite concerned about what will happen. They should be as they only work for half of the day, choosing to sit talking for the rest of it, so as productivity is bound to be looked at, they should well worry!

I'd probably go voluntarily if offered, as I qualify for SMP anyway now and I could then look nearer home when I felt ready. Sadly, my job may be safe!

StuckOnARollercoaster Fri 15-Mar-13 08:07:16

Welcome to the world Evan! Hope you are feeling better soon Dysgu and you can establish feeding that works for you...

Sending lots of positive vibes for pineapple and waves and anyone else that needs a pick me up... Just think of cuddling your baby in a few weeks or months (whichever is appropriate!)

Mrs Bri that redundancy situation has happened to me twice - I was prepared to leave but wasn't selected. Its really tough when people around you are upset and don't want to go, but you can't... Arghhh...

I'm glad Seb/Sebastian gets our thread approval - its no.1 on our boys list of names! Although I'm going to be trying to bring him/her up in Polish so there's a chance of being bilingual so we'd probably use Sebek, which is the cuter Polish way of saying the name for a little boy. Finding girls names much harder and the 2 front runners don't really have a Polish equivalent...

Hope you all have a good Friday... If I don't get a call today then I've passed my GTT test, and I've sneakily decided to work at home. Am shattered and so if pulled up on it am going to use the pregnancy card for the first time. Will still get the work done so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm starting to count down - 10 working days left!

Ah window man is here still in my dressing town.

WingDefence Fri 15-Mar-13 10:21:36

Wow, what an exciting and speedy birth story Dysgu! Congrats again thanks

waves, we're all thinking of you - and your little boy!

Guinea, I hope that all means you get the birth you want. Do you mean the hospital is the one on OBEM? smile

Pineapple it's completely normal to feel down about work situations and your DH even without being 25-26wks pregnant. My DH was made redundant just over two years ago (which was the catalyst for us moving Oop North) but these things do work out. Just think, if he doesn't get a job in the next few months, he'll be around more to help when the baby arrives!

I love the name Sebastian too but DH also vetoed it for being too posh (a la Brideshead Revisited)! Good job we're having a girl then wink

We decided on the first name of MiniWing driving back from the 20wk scan and had decided on a middle name too (one I've always loved for a girl) but DH wants to change the middle name to something Man U-related. hmm Yes really!! It's actually a lovely and pretty normal girl's name and for DS he chose the first name and I chose the middle name (my dad's name Raymond, poor DS! grin) so I will probably let him have this one if he really does want it.

LAST DAY woo hoooo! Better get my last expenses claim written out!

Pineapple80 Fri 15-Mar-13 10:44:55

Thanks Wing smile. I am so lucky to be able to vent here!

Have a fantastic last day at work!!

Pineapple80 Fri 15-Mar-13 10:48:57

Thanks Stuck! And I really like Sebek, sounds very cute indeed smile.

We have a super long surname so a name that is short or able to be shortened is a must!

Kittenkatzen Fri 15-Mar-13 12:52:15

Omg dysgu that really is a speedy and exciting entrance! Really hope Evan is home with you all very soon and that the expressing gets easier.

waves so glad you're feeling a bit brighter, and mahoosive congrats on your little boy! Love your name choices too - I have Arlo on my shortlist, but DH isn't keen at the moment. I am envy of your 10min commute and lovely village life.

mrsbri I'm sending redundancy vibes your bosses way, maybe it'll help!

wing happy last day, hurrah!

We have a little shortlist of names on the go now...only one or two that we agree on though so far! We mentioned our current favourites to a few people last week and got a few hmm faces. Was a bit upset with my bf though who said "just no" to our boys name and openly laughed and took the mickey out of our girls name. I think she thought it came across as friendly teasing, but I was actually quite hurt sad I know I'm oversensitive though so didn't say anything. Just won't tell her any others I really like.

<waves> to everyone I've missed.....I know I've missed loads but I'm too hungry to think straight right now, must go and get some lunch!

Henry's now weighing 7lb 15oz at a month old. He's put on 2lbs 11oz since birth. He has reflux but it doesn't appear to be stopping the weight gain

tiredteddy Fri 15-Mar-13 19:01:04

All of you talking about names really should be testing them out with us grinwink

Something that's great about Henry.

tiredteddy Fri 15-Mar-13 19:02:28

Oops Stuck you shared Sebastian Sebek. A lovely name indeed!

GaryBuseysTeeth Fri 15-Mar-13 20:03:16

<wipes tears> Dysgu, that's a lovely birth story...hope you get to take him home soon.

Stuck, We're got a Seb & we get lots of compliments over it.
I've got Eastern European roots, but DH vetoed anything too out there...would love a Violetta, Milena or Maja!

Well done Henry for the weight gain something!

Wing, hope you get to put your feet up from now on!
A few weeks ago, there was a boy called Trafford in one of the tacky (think it was Take a Break!) mags at the Dr's surgery....don't let your DH know that!

Waves, love your list of names, so glad you can focus on the positives no matter how stressful it is for you.

We've got a huge (78 boys names, 65 girls names!) list of names, so hopefully if we find out the sex we can start whittling it down, although we won't pick the name until we meet him/her.

notsoold Fri 15-Mar-13 20:38:12

Dysgu....hope Evan gets home soon!

Well we are already negotiating names as it always takes forever and also something that my relatives in Brazil can pronounce.

WingDefence Fri 15-Mar-13 22:06:48

Gary, DH will not be using the name Trafford! shock grin

Well I'm on maternity leave now with a large glass of lovely wine thanks to Guinea!

I didn't mention yesterday that the MW said she thought MiniWing is back-to-back at the moment. I wasn't too worried but I've looked it up now a lot and I really think I should be doing something about it hmm My BF trainee MW sent me a big list of instructions of positions I need to do pretty much all the time but I've not done much apart from bounce on my exercise ball for half hour last night and tonight because, quite frankly, I'm knackered as it is and the thought of watching tv on all fours, leaning on my ball (which I'm sure is too bloomin squishy compared to last time but DH says he can't inflate it any more grr) is not a great one.

But from next week I shall make more of an effort and I just pray it'll be enough to shift her into the right position before she engages sad

Right, bed. Night all!

Rockchick1984 Fri 15-Mar-13 23:39:08

Wing DS was back to back (didn't realise til he came out) and it wasn't half as bad as I'd thought it would be - very speedy labour although he got a bit stuck on the way out so pushing for quite a long time (no forceps or ventouse or anything though). Oh, re football names, DH has ruled out Scarlett if we have a girl based solely on my team playing in red and his in blue hmm

Kitten my MIL didn't like DS's name and spent the whole of my third trimester calling the bump by another name which sounded like a dog's name to me despite us saying we were 99% set on his name so wanted to start using it to see how it felt!! In the end DH had to have words as I was ready to thump her discuss it in no uncertain terms grin

My morning sickness decided to have a contrary day today - have been feeling lousy all day most days then ok in the evenings then today I felt loads better then have been trying not to throw up since 8pm!

Hooya Sat 16-Mar-13 14:53:24

Hello all! Not been on for ages due to evil evil work week but popping in to say huge congrats to Dysgu and thanks for sharing the lovely birth story!

And good news from waves too that you're doing ok and having a boy!

I've just started to show a bit which is very exciting! Slightly stressfully found out that DP's sister tested positive for the cystic fibrosis gene so we've both had the test too, and now an anxious 2-week wait for the results, but it's still very unlikely so fingers crossed all will be well.

Right, must catch up on some sleep but will have a proper read through soon.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Sat 16-Mar-13 17:38:29

Congrats on finishing work Wing. DD is also back to back but obviously I'm a bit further behind you. I've read some info from the Spinning Babies website which seems to be vaguely do-able. On a good note, lots of babies turn during labour.

Yes my hospital is the LGI which is currently on OBEM!

I went to the chiropractor yesterday to try and sort out my rib/diaphragm pain which has been waking me up at night. She did an al over check and the upshot is that I'm falling apart! Seeing her a few times over the next couple of weeks to try and get in the best possible shape for birth.

So tired today but still managed to get lots of errands done this afternoon and the kids were impeccably behaved which was incredibly helpful!

Right must get up off my bottom and go and cook dinner which should really have been done and eaten by now

Rockchick1984 Sun 17-Mar-13 08:43:06

Morning ladies! Busy busy week ahead - its my DS's birthday tomorrow so had stuff planned every day between yesterday and Wednesday grin divorced grandparents means twice as many parties smile

I was having horrible dreams last night, dreamed that I started bleeding and thought I was having a miscarriage - I was running around the hospital trying to find where I needed to be but couldn't and I was alone because DH had to wait at home with DS - stupid subconscious clearly knows all my fears!! Woke up with a tummy ache and panicked, but have got an upset tummy (sorry TMI) so presume the pain of that was why I dreamt it!! Anyone else had anything like this?

MrsBri Sun 17-Mar-13 08:51:03

Rock, I had a dream like that in early pregnancy (though we were trying to escape some bad people in the Middle East in mine!). It was awful :-/ But ultimately it was only a dream.

We've got to the point where baby's kicks are strong enough to be seen and felt now. Most amusing! :-) Just waiting for recognisable body parts to start shoving me!

I hope you feel better soon, Rock.

Pineapple80 Mon 18-Mar-13 01:46:01

Wing - hooray you're on mat leave! smile

Hooya - have everything crossed for you for test results. It's so exciting when you start to show isn't it? It took me a while and it's only in the last 3 wks have I "popped" out. I was distressed and thought it may not ever happen, silly isn't it grin.

Guinea - good to hear you got an all over check up of your body. That is a really good idea. How regularly do you have to go and do u have to do much in terms of exercises or such at home?

Happy birthday to your DS Rock!!

We made some progress with baby furniture on the weekend! We got the pram on sale, it was the floor stock which was discounted & previous model but we didn't mind it had a few scratches & little dusty but otherwise new. I have it a good wipe down yesterday and love it! We have also ordered cot, drawers, shelves, bassinet, bath and stand... All the big stuff out of the way which I am so pleased about. I still need to get bedding and toiletries, nappies etc. I just put in an online order at M&S for sleep suits and other basics because there is currently free delivery to Oz. The babywear is also so much more well priced for the quality.

Hope you all have a good week ahead.

WingDefence Mon 18-Mar-13 12:05:53

Hi all!

Well after a knackering weekend I've been out for coffee this morning, popped in to see my parents for a few mins and then shopped (very slooooowly) in Sainsburys. I'm currently sitting in my car outside my house typing this as I'm actually too tired to get out of the car and into the house sad

Pineapple, do you mean you've bought a baby bath that comes with a stand? I've never known anyone needing one of those (I'm prepared to be corrected!) - people I know, including myself, have variously used the bathroom or kitchen sink or a normal baby bath without a stand. Unless you definitely know you'll need a stand, I would consider not getting one as it does sound like just something else to take up space.

But certainly feel free to ignore anything I say!

Oh I really should get out of the car and put my few bags of shopping away. I'm planning on sitting on the sofa with chocolate and the tv on this afternoon and writing a huge to do list. Oh no, hang on I'm meant to be leaning across the damn exercise ball to try to shift MiniWing's position. Trouble is, doing that for a few hours on Saturday has already killed my back sad

ChildOfThe1980s Mon 18-Mar-13 14:48:56

Congrats Dysgu !

Glad you're on mat leave now, Wing but sorry to hear that you're so tired.

My back's starting to ache very easily now, and I'm only week 30 tomorrow. How will the ball help the baby to shift position Wing ?

Also, I have a ball now, are there any simple exercises that anyone recommends (to get me ready for labour preferably) ?

tiredteddy Mon 18-Mar-13 16:27:35

Child, I have no advice about exercises or balls as I have managed to have three children without ever going near one! Oh actually I did sit on one briefly at the hospital when in labour with ds1 and jumped right off again. I found no relief in putting pressure on my nether regions when about to give birth! Hope your back feels better soon though and someone has something helpful to say.

Wing, out for coffee how nice, that's what I spend most my time doing at the moment. I must start going for walks and things once the weather improves. I bet the tiredness is catching up with you as you've been so busy! Hope you had a relaxing afternoon.

Pineapple, sounds like your shopping is well under way now. M&S sleep suits are lovely quality we have some for Fern. Your pram sounds like a great bargain too!

MrsBri, I almost miss baby kicks and my bump. It's weird I still look at Fern and think its impossible she was ever inside me now she is such a part of our family seems like she's always been here.

Rock, happy birthday to your DS hope he had a great day. Your dream sounds horrid I always dream about whatever I'm worrying about too.

Guinea, ds2 was back to back but we didn't know until he made his appearance the facing the wrong way up! It was more painful but I'd assumed that was due to it being quicker than ds1. Hope you are feeling less tired?

Hooya, fingers crossed for your results. Nice that you are showing it makes it seem more real at last.

Hi to everyone else!

Pineapple80 Mon 18-Mar-13 19:28:04

Wing - we got the bath with stand because...our house has not a single bath in it! I figure we can use the laundry sink at first quite easily for a while but hate the thought of having to bend down in shower when baby is bigger! Has anyone else had the no bath issue in their home before?

This thread is not accepting new messages.