Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

Kittenkatzen Tue 12-Mar-13 10:09:16

Thanks girls smile. Goodness something crushed by a horse certainly puts things into perspective, you poor thing! Glad the wound is healing nicely after all.

Kittenkatzen Tue 12-Mar-13 12:21:27

Ooh dysgu does your fb update mean what I think it might??!! gringrin

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 12-Mar-13 12:39:36

Kitten I came on here to post exactly the same thing!!! Ooooooooooh grin

tiredteddy Tue 12-Mar-13 13:58:19

WING KITTEN give me a hint please?! wink

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 12-Mar-13 14:24:08

I'll send you her details on FB. Latest status says: Here we go!!!!

Looks like she may not be attending that lactation MW appt tomorrow after all!
grin

Rockchick1984 Tue 12-Mar-13 14:31:57

Oooh, fingers crossed Dysgu - good luck!!!

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 12-Mar-13 14:42:46

Fingers crossed it's labour Dysgu & not just singing along to Chemical Brothers grin

something, glad Dr's went well & you seem to be healing fine, how are you feeling?

MrsBri, sorry about the job loss, although fantastic that you know your stuff.

brew (caffine free) for Kitten, DS kicked me in the stomach earlier today & I feel sicky (but the same as when he kicks me & not pregnant, so not worried) so I shall join you on the minor injuries bench.

<waves> at everyone else.

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 12-Mar-13 15:48:26

Gary - hahaha!

Kitten sorry I forgot to ask how you were feeling eariler blush Hope you're not too achy.

Kittenkatzen Tue 12-Mar-13 16:28:28

<shuffles up for gary> do you think someone will be along in a minute with a magic sponge for us like they have for "injured" players in football matches? grin

I'm fine thanks wing - defo more pissed off about tearing my lovely coat than anything else now!

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 12-Mar-13 17:46:10

Hmm, artistic shabby chic patch on your coat?

MrsBri Tue 12-Mar-13 17:57:30

Ooh...good luck Dysgu!

Her babies don't like to stick around, do they?! Glad we've decided to be ready at 30 weeks after hearing about her deliveries.

Hope the occupants of the minor injuries bench feel better soon :-)

And good buy, Wing...I need to order a bespoke mattress for our Moses basket as it's almost 60 and bigger than the ones you get now. Must remind DH to bring it home later!

It also needs lining, but DH's mum has found somebody who can do that for us. Hopefully it won't be too dear.

How's the final week going, Wing? I start working from home one day a week from tomorrow. Can't wait to a) get up at 7.15, not 5.45 and b) not do my 90 minute commute each way! Bliss.

Oh, and I get to not answer the phone. Bliss!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 12-Mar-13 20:52:07

Hello all hangs head in shame for being a rubbish MNer at the moment

I have been so busy recently I haven't even had chance to lurk. But thank fully I finish my teaching on Thursday and will just continue working at home until I can get my last piece of PhD work done.

Sounds like a few people have been in the wars - hope you all feel better soon.

I have finally got an appointment with the SoM. I am having a meeting about my homebirth on Thursday afternoon with a HB midwife, SoM and a consultant obstetrician. Hopefully they will be supportive but I am armed and ready with evidence just in case they're not!

I've really been suffering with what I could only describe as rib pain but it feels deeper than that, so maybe diaphragm pain (if that's even something you can get confused?) It seems to be related to the baby's position and seems to be worse at night when I've been lying down for a while. I have been relegated to the sofa for fidgeting too much!

I'm not sure who I am friends with on FB but sounds exciting re. Dysgu. Someone at church who is - or was - due around the same time as you Wing gave birth yesterday. She had a baby boy who is small but perfectly formed, so that's good news. People keep saying to me 'can't have got long now' because I'm the size of a whale and I know it's theoretically only 6 weeks but it feels like forever away! Especially because I know that in all likelihood I am going to go 2 weeks over because I seem to 'cook' my babies for ages!

DH is out tonight so I'm going to sit on our new and exciting sofa with a Creme Egg and watch Grey's Anatomy or Casualty.

Hope you all have a good evening. Will hopefully keep upto MN a bit more from now on as I do miss hearing what everyone is up to.

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 12-Mar-13 21:23:48

I'm watching Masterchef - hurrah it's back! Sooooo scary to think that I will probably be watching this same series at silly hours in the morning while I feed new MiniWing! shock

Guinea I was just thinking the other day how the bump inside me is now actually a child and not just a growing foetus/baby. She could arrive within the hour please don't though little one! and, as for your church friend, she'd be absolutely fine. Argh!

I also get the rib intense pain, especially when I'm in bed. Yes, I think it's to positioning but I doubt she's going to engage any time soon to give me any relief.

Isn't it mind blowing to think just how far we have all come from when we were on the JSing thread, JSing EOD 'like something', then that 2WW, each of us getting our BFPs, then scans at various stages and on until WOW our babies have started arriving! It's enough to make me a bit emotional. I luff you guys! thanks

Kittenkatzen Tue 12-Mar-13 21:54:35

<passes tissue box to wing> you big sap winkgrin

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 12-Mar-13 23:08:38

I know. Time seems to have gone both incredibly fast and incredibly slow - those first few weeks until first scan and 12 week 'safety' were agonising but here we are, some with babies, some just about to but all of us having bringing up new children this year.

I also share your excitement for tv programming...I can't wait for Home Delivery to start on ITV. Next week they'll be 2 baby programmes to get hormonally weepy about grin

WingDefence Netherlands Wed 13-Mar-13 08:40:49

<blows nose> Thanks kitten grin

Guinea if you mean OBEM I'm usually more likely to shout at the tv at the annoying men couples and the way the midwives are working than blubbing!

tiredteddy Wed 13-Mar-13 11:04:45

At doctors as Fern is having her first immunisations and 8 week check today. She really wailed!

Kittenkatzen Wed 13-Mar-13 11:30:07

Aww poor little Fern sad Hope she doesn't feel too poorly with them!

wing i know what you mean about shouting at the TV when OBEM's on - my DH is awful, he can be a lot bit of a snob and will constantly pass judgement on all the couples. I shouted at him for it a few weeks ago (I couldn't hear the telly over his bitching!) so now he just sits quietly raising his eyebrows and rolling his eyes every 5 seconds....! And I'm sure a couple of those midwives aren't old enough to have left school yet!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Wed 13-Mar-13 12:28:02

Yes I spend most of the show getting cross but I always cry when the babies are born - just can't help it!

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 13-Mar-13 13:23:30

Kitten, maybe some of that special spray stuff they use after a footballer has been injured and is rolling around dying....and the magic liquid they drink, limp off, sip of 'water' & they're back on tackling.
Footballers salary would be nice too grin

I'm still on the injury bench, managed to mess up my shoulder last night, can't lift DS on one side or bump the buggy up/down <faints dramatically>

Wing, I've put it into record (Masterchef that is!)! Very happy it's back, tried Masterchef Australia for a while but it t'was rubbish.
Although I never find a couple on OBEM I 'like', like Guinea the second the baby appears I cry, and then usually judge the name. blush

<calpol> for Fern tired, still can't believe we have proper babies here! <steals tissue box off Wing>

18+4 today, scan in two weeks. Starting to drag a bit....

Kittenkatzen Wed 13-Mar-13 18:11:01

Nooooooo gary, Masterchef Australia is bloody brilliant! You have to stick with it through the first few episodes where there's a gazillion finalists, but once they get the final 24 they all move into the Masterchef house and it becomes Masterchef meets big brother grin only better! I actually can't stand the uk version, it's so dull and serious by comparison!

Dysgu Wed 13-Mar-13 20:35:25

I have just got home and must say it is lovely to be home as I felt something like a spare part sitting around waiting for something to happen but also knowing it was for the best if nothing happened. I did get a snapshot of other women going through the angst and pain of labour though - that is the part you forget about even when you have done this twice before!

However, I also got a preview of life on the maternity unit where all the midwives and doctors are lovely, as are the ancillary staff (probably a proper name for them but I mean the cleaners, the people who bring the meals etc) and the place was really warm and clean. They even have disposable bath mats in the shower rooms for avoiding standing on the floor- although everything was spotless!

I spent most of yesterday in a day ward which had three beds in. We had a window bay so could watch the snow but it was very warm as the heating was on... also had an impromptu visit from my MW and then in the evening our ante natal group came round for their visit (which we had ummed and aahed about attending - the irony!)

They managed to stop the contractions yesterday so it was all very odd - previous attempts with DD1 and DD2 failed so we thought it would all be over by lunchtime but obviously different drugs and the extra stuff I am taking anyway mean my body responded differently and baby is holding on. Is all a bit uncomfortable really - head is really low and still leaking fluid - but I know it is better for the baby if we can keep it in. Also have ABs to take for the next 9 days (or until the baby arrives) to avoid infection and have to go back to hospital every 2 days and have to see the consultant every 4 days - being on 'bed rest' is going to be quite exhausting

Sorry for the mememe post - hope everyone else is doing well.

WingDefence Netherlands Wed 13-Mar-13 21:04:33

Wow Dysgu - such a lot of visits etc you've got to go through! I'm rubbish - please remind me how far along you are now? Is there a point when they'll say 'right, baby's coming out now'? Eg 35 weeks or something or is it just as long as possible?

I've got my 36wk appt tomorrow at 36+5 and I'm not sure what she'll do apart from feel the baby's position? I can't remember when my next appt is after then either (I must look it up on my green notes).

I've just had a 50min skype call with the person currently in Australia (but is English) who is due to take on my role while I'm off. I'm blinking knackered now and I just can't wait to finish work on Friday. I have a handover teleconference with my line manager tomorrow but got a lot of the proper work done today so I should only now have things like expenses claim to do, clean up my laptop of old files and emails, that sort of thing. I want a dossy day on Friday!

Dysgu Wed 13-Mar-13 21:20:14

Wing I am 34 weeks today - which is a good time but they really hope to keep the baby in a bit longer. I think no one really expected the contractions to stop yesterday so no one knows what is going to happen. I saw a lovely doctor and he just said he could not say what or when things would happen but if we can keep the baby in for at least another week it will put it in a much better position medically. Obviously he could like it to stay in until 37 weeks but did not reckon what was likely - but said that if I got to 37 weeks then they would induce me.

And I have come home like a walking pharmacy - I have to do extra blood tests to ensure my blood sugar is staying normal, my trial pessaries have stopped so they have given my progesterone as that helps to maintain a pregnancy and then I have antibiotics to be taken every 6 hours. DDs are 'fighting' over who gets to play nurse!

DD1 especially found it very hard coming home from school yesterday and finding me not here. My DMum collected DDs from school/pre-school - DD2 went with the flow but DD1 was tearful and stayed that way until I came home today. We were a bit naughty actually: DD1 had a hospital appointment today anyway with her consultant for straight after school - so DP collected her after afternoon registration and brought her to see me at the hospital. I gave her a tour of the unit so she knew where I was. She was really happy when they said I could home this evening but at least now she knows where I will be when it happens again and she is now ready for it to happen again!

WingDefence Netherlands Thu 14-Mar-13 08:48:11

Your poor DDs sad And yay for labour stopping. Perhaps your care team have learnt something from the last two?!

I've got my MW appt this morning. Completely underwhelmed by it now grin

One more day... <sung a la Les Mis>

This thread is not accepting new messages.