Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

tiredteddy Sat 09-Mar-13 09:30:36

Congratulations Blondies, so very pleased for you smile

MrsBri Sat 09-Mar-13 09:44:54

Fantastic news, Blondies :-)

Wing, are you on your last week of work next week? So envious!

And hope all is well, Ted...come back soon to update us!

Just been catching up. Re scans they are so inaccurate Henry always mesured above the 50th percentile and his head of the chart he was a teeny 5lb 4oz born at 38+0. My 37 week scan estimated him to be 6lb 15oz....

Henry is now 3 weeks and 4 days! Seems to go even quicker on your second! Think he has a touch of reflux so need to book him into the gp.

I'm still getting my scar packed and dressed but DP says the hole isn't to big anymore

WingDefence Sat 09-Mar-13 18:07:52

Wow something that has gone quickly smile

I've been baking today for church as we're doing the refreshments in the morning. So I've made biscuits just like these but heart-shaped for all the mums, then chocolate crispie nests (recipe from netmums because it was the best one I could find online but don't tell anyone! shock) and finally, a cappuccino cake for my mum for Mother's Day tomorrow.

I am bloody knackered now and my back has given up! The 20-30 biscuits alone took me two hours this morning with all the modelling of the flowers and leaves, then we went out for a lovely lunch, came back and then straight into the choc nests and cake. <yawn>

How have all your days gone today?

MrsBri, yes LAST WEEK AT WORK!!! I cannot wait! Got a to do list still left of things I need to finish off but nothing too stressful so as long as I don't procrastinate Monday/Tuesday, it should all be fine smile

Dysgu Sat 09-Mar-13 19:13:53

I have had a pretty quiet day and DP has been great keeping the girls busy so I can lounge around! The baby is either kicking so hard it hurts or else is so low that moving is difficult. Walking is okay for a short time - once I get going - but then the sciatica really sets in and it almost feels like I am walking so slowly that I am going backwards!

OTOH that cappuccino cake looks really good Wing - I might have a go at making it for my mum. We are taking her for lunch tomorrow but I might make it to take over to her on Monday as an extra surprise (and if my numbers are okay I might even agree to a tiny taste too grin )

Something Henry is getting really 'old' now smile and yes, the time goes so quickly with the second one. It is hard to imagine a time when they weren't there! Hope your scar is healing well - how much longer do you think you will have to have it packed for?

I have been reading up on BFing. I ordered this BF book and started reading it today. I am not sure whether it is a bit 'BF is the only way' for me but there does seem to be some useful information in there. I am meeting the lactation MW on Wednesday this week so come up with a plan!

Dysgu Sat 09-Mar-13 19:15:08

Oh and wing I hope your last week at work goes smoothly. I have just finished my first week of ML and even though the two days I have DD2 are exhausting, it is lovely to have the other 3 days to 'nest'

MrsBri Sat 09-Mar-13 19:44:29

Well, my day could have been better as I found out that DH has lost his job. :-/

Apparently it happened on Monday, but today was the first day he felt he could tell me for one reason or another.

Seems the guy he was working for was a knob and hasn't even paid him properly. So we need to get that from him.

We have a few irons in the fire, so will be OK for a bit. Hopefully something will come up soon though.

Your day sounds exhausting, as per, Wing! I'm always put to shame by how much you do!

WingDefence Sat 09-Mar-13 20:24:42

Oh no MrsBri, that's crap news sad Yes you must get the money that's owed to you and work out if your DH's rights have been adhered to as well.

Dysgu, MiniWing has been kicking me recently right in my bladder/ladies bits. I have no idea how she gets down there! She's not engaged yet - well she wasn't at all at my MW appt 10 days ago and I can still walk without that proper waddling you get in late pg, it's just a big bump waddle at the moment. But you'll get some relief soon eg when the baby pops out!

Right, must get something to eat. Hope you all have a lovely Mother's Day or Mother-to-Be's Day tomorrow thanks

tiredteddy Sun 10-Mar-13 22:15:10

Mrs Bri I'm sorry to hear that about your DH job. I really hope it gets sorted out regarding the money owed and that he finds work very soon.

I've had a lovely weekend. On sat DH took the boys to see the new wizard of oz film while I had a wander around H&M (I had my colours done for my birthday in feb so am adjusting my wardrobe!) then we went for tea and cake in godalming a pretty little town near here. Today I had breakfast in bed and homemade cards. DH has made a photo collage of pictures of all the dc little fingers and toes, very cute. We then went to RHS wisley gardens. Very cold but nice. We finished the day watching Mary Poppins.

Practisingparent Sun 10-Mar-13 22:55:10

Mrs Bri so sorry to hear about job loss, crappy timing, and hope you are able to manage untill a new job can be started. your poor dh probably feels terrible!

You lot talk! on page 4 by the time I even find the new fred!

Rock re potty training, my dd has only recently turned two but always tells me when she has done something and has been known to ask for potty and occasionally produce something. But she cant pull down nappy or trousers herself and only just manages to sit on a potty without catching her vest or dress. Im very aware of the possibilty of regression, so with all the other changes taking place, i think i might be wise to hold off till summer, and baby is settled etc.

Now on night number 4 with my dd in big girl bed, feel very sad walking past an empty cot, she feels all grown up already!

Practisingparent Sun 10-Mar-13 22:56:50

Oooh, i got choccies and flowers and a cup of coffee in bed this morning! I felt pampered but think I might hold out for breakfast in bed next time! grin

Pineapple80 Sun 10-Mar-13 23:45:15

Oh so sorry to hear about DH job MrsBri hmm. I can kind of relate as my DH is job hunting since our move over here and often does et him down. But I am working and trying to keep him positive. That's all you can do really... How is your DH? And you?

Wing - yay for your last week of work! Is it going to be a busy week or winding down?

We have a bank holiday today so I'm really going to relax and enjoy it. It is stinking hot though and not nice whilst pregnant! Take care all x

MrsBri Mon 11-Mar-13 07:19:23

Thanks all...I'm not so bad, for now, but in a month or so I'll start to worry, I think. See how we fare.

DH is pissed off, but actually feels relief as the bloke was a knob! Sadly he hadn't been there long enough to sue, but he is legally entitled to the week's notice and accrued holiday the idiot hasn't paid. He abound get the letter today telling him to pay it by 25th. If it doesn't appear, we need to ring ACAS again for the next step, which I imagine is a 7 day letter, then we will sue for it. He's messing with the wrong people as a) I know how to sue as I do it for a living and b) we aren't stupid. Unlike him!

Enjoy your final week, Wing :-)

Hope everyone else is ok and you didn't suffer too much in the heat, pineapple.

WingDefence Mon 11-Mar-13 09:07:52

I'm glad you know your stuff legally MrsBri! Hope he doesn't put up much of a fight.

Pineapple - "stinking hot" is not allowed when us lot in the UK at basking in siberian minus figure temperatures! envy grin

tired it sounds like you were thoroughly spoiled this weekend and Practising choccies and flowers and a cuppa sounds great too!

I had a lovely day yesterday too. DH went to Old Trafford we won't mention the result and I took DS over to my DPs. DM had received absolutely nothing from my brother, not even a text and I had a good chat with both DPs individually in the few hours I was there. There is obviously more to this situation than I'm sharing on here but it seems as if the relationship was very one-sided (i.e. my parents doing all the help, love, contact etc) even before they moved up here and this was just the catalyst to what has become a terrible situation. I don't think my mum is coping very well though - I mean, imagine if it was one of our babies who did this to us in 30-40 years time? After all the love we pour into growing them, having them, bringing them up and doing so much for them and then to have it effectively thrown back in our faces? angry sad

But DM loved the scarf I bought her (found on a MN scarf thread actually!) and the cake I made, even though it was a little dense.

Right, must get stuck into this work to do list so I can seriously wind down the second half of the week! Then I'll just have to start on the baby to do list...

Kittenkatzen Mon 11-Mar-13 11:50:34

Morning! Hope everyone was spoiled rotten yesterday smile

mrsbri that really does suck about your DH's job, fx he finds something else very soon. And hopefully you can get what you're owed from the tosser ex-boss in the meantime.

wing I can't believe it's your last week at work, it really seems to have flown by!

pineapple just envyenvyenvy at your lovely weather!!

Happy monday everyone smile

Sitting in the drs waiting to get my wound redressed and packed. It really smells so I'm hoping its not infected. I'm hoping the stitches can come out today to nurse last week was reluctant to take them out and she didn't have enough information.
Hope everyone is ok and had a lovely day yesterday. I sure did smile

tiredteddy Mon 11-Mar-13 12:52:12

Hi something. Hope you are healing ok? Glad you had a nice day yesterday. How's Henry?

WingDefence Mon 11-Mar-13 12:59:25

Oh dear something - I hope the wound isn't infected either sad

WingDefence Mon 11-Mar-13 14:55:54

I just found this animated babycentre labour video online. It's actually really interesting (if a bit sped up!). Although the mucus plug bit made me a bit bleugh!

tiredteddy Mon 11-Mar-13 18:44:30

WING that's the video I showed my DS's when they asked me how the baby was getting out? shockgrin

WingDefence Mon 11-Mar-13 21:53:28

Aha - I may show it to DS then smile

I've just got back from a nearly new sale and got a fantastic Moses basket bargain! Brand new (not sold as such but I cannot see a smudge on it and the cotton bumper etc looks perfect), with stand and two blankets as well.... FIVE POUNDS! grin It is such a massive weight off my mind as that was the one last thing I really needed. A mummy friend of mine offered me one until her DBro needed it at the end of July but I wanted to get one tonight if I could.

Didn't really get anything else for MiniWing apart from two nice cotbed duvet sets for when she's older and one pair of trousers and one dress (but I've been given lots of clothes already) but I did get tons of books for DS.

DM and I had to wait in the snow for 45 mins before we went in. We were the second car there but waited 20 mins before joining the queue. My friend who we went with said there were only about half the normal number of people there and there was a lot left over when we left (we were near the end to leave!), so the weather must have out lots of people off.

Still - Moses basket! And it's pink grin

tiredteddy Mon 11-Mar-13 22:01:10

Sounds like a great purchase Wing! Not so keen on waiting in the snow though. It's been bitterly cold here today.

Kittenkatzen Tue 12-Mar-13 08:14:37

Ooh excellent bargain hunting wing sounds lovely! smile

Feeling sorry or myself this morning (and a teeny bit panicky stupidly) as I slipped and fell on the ice this morning. Got a scraped knee and a torn coat for my troubles but didn't land on bump at all so I know everything is fine but still can't help worrying a little sad come and tell me how stupid I'm being please!

Rockchick1984 Tue 12-Mar-13 08:23:10

Aww, Kitten you poor thing! I had a bad fall around 30 weeks when having DS and even though I knew I hadn't landed on my bump I was terrified! I'd sprained my ankle and went to A&E but they weren't concerned about me being pregnant - they said that the baby is very well protected even if I'd landed on it, but if you're worrying then trust your instinct and go get checked out for your own peace of mind!

Kitten i got crushed by a horse when around 5 weeks DS is a happy healthy cheeky 13 months now.

So re my scar nurse and dr didn't like how it looked so sent me to the hospital. Drs at the hospital swab it clean it take the stitches out and say it doesn't look to bad

This thread is not accepting new messages.