Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

Pineapple80 Thu 11-Jul-13 18:18:54

Notsoold - yay for 25 wks! How time flies, I'm so pleased you're happy & before u know it you'll be next in line to be cheered on with pom poms! smilesmilesmile

Waves - hope all is well for you and u get to practise for your music festival on the weekend!

Gary - hope u continue to feel well! That is good news that baby has turned around too smile

All going fine here. Just up at the moment feeding DS. He has been well, a bit unsettled for the last 24hrs and sleeping an hour or hour & half at a time & feeding furiously! Has been tiring bit heard this may be a growth spurt...

Wishing everyone well!

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 11-Jul-13 22:18:18

notso, glad dog is on the mend. Cannot believe you're 25wks!

Pineapple, good to hear all is going well...ooh I forgot about growth spurts. shock

Still waving my <pompoms> for you waves. flowers

Hope all of you lurking are doing well (esp. in this horrible heatwave)!

Nothing to report here, hoping to arrange pre-home birth meeting with MW on Tues. Not 100% if I want to go for a homebirth, but would like the option.

StuckOnARollercoaster Fri 12-Jul-13 11:47:19

hello all - still reading with interest - although have to admit that life with a 3 week old is certainly tiring and time consuming! Fortunately we seem to have had a truce between myself and DM, possibly because her ticket home was bought for tomorrow and things have become much easier in last 48 hours. Am scared of being on my own (boyfriend has no leave from work) but its time that I did it. I think the baby bean bag is going to be very useful if I can get Daisy to calm down enough to go in it.

Feel for you all in this heat - hope the ankles aren't getting too big for those of you in later stages! Mine were terrible and it wasn't this hot as I approached due date...

Gary - good luck with the appointment and making the decision on what birth you want

Pineapple - sounds like you are being kept busy as well!!

Notsoold - glad your dog is better and you are feeling happier - feel good hormones are great if you are lucky enough to get them!

Waves - pompoms are out, hopefully your practice BH's will stand you in good stead for the real thing...

Kitten - hope you're also enjoying the sun

Plus also a hello to everyone else I haven't namechecked, I have just looked at the last few posts on the thread!

Hello all! Checking in after hols to say: scan was AMAZING, bean was wriggly and cute and all in the right place, and NT & bloods came back low risk, so I am feeling a bit less panicky and fraudulent.
Told work and family/friends who didn't already know - so nice not to have to pretend all the time now!

waves pompoms from me too - how exciting!

All of you talking about losing baby weight are making me laugh a bit, as I am just starting to not fit in normal clothes (having lost 5kg in 1st trimester due to horrid nausea/food aversions) and loving not having to suck in my belly anymore! I guess this excitement will get old very quickly. Now 15 weeks and time seems to suddenly be flying!

Can't remember anything else, as I have the brain of an amoeba at the moment. Hope everyone is well and happy!

Pineapple80 Fri 12-Jul-13 16:33:38

Aww thats great news about your scan Humpty! So pleased to hear all is well with baby, such an exciting time and great when you can share the exciting news now smile.

Hooya Sun 14-Jul-13 06:32:22

Hello everyone! Hope all are surviving the heat! Sounds like everyone is well with scans etc and babies almost on the way!

I am starting to spend almost no time outdoors now - it's 31 degrees in Tokyo but with the humidity feels like 37 apparently shock and I've had another growth spurt so getting harder to lug myself around!

Bought nappies for the first time yesterday, that was a bit of a shocker, defo much more real now!

Also DP and I found a name that we actually both like and are excited about! grin Not definite yet at all, and we're going to hopefully have a shortlist of 3, but it is exciting! So difficult when we want something very unusual / unique but not ridiculous, iyswim - I think this one might do it!

Rockchick1984 Sun 14-Jul-13 09:40:59

Oh come on Hooya you can't say that then not tell us the name..... smile

Congrats on the scan Humpty!

I've got my booking in appointment tomorrow - there's a new thing in place near me where I get a one to one midwife who comes to my house for all appointments then she will be with me when I labour (home birth hopefully) and if I transfer to hospital she comes in as my doula. All NHS funded but am made up, don't think I ever saw the same mw twice last time and even had a shift change mid-labour!

AndieDisestablishment Sun 14-Jul-13 22:12:05

knock knock. Can I come in? grin

MrsAVB Sun 14-Jul-13 22:28:15

grin yay! Congrats andie xxx

Kittenkatzen Mon 15-Jul-13 07:33:52

Yay andie huge congrats, how exciting!!

Hurrah for the good scan news humpty, and glad you had a lovely holiday!

Well done on the name agreement hooya, DH and I still haven't found any boy options we both like! Are you going for something Japanese?

rock hope the booking in goes well today - that new scheme you mentioned sounds like a brilliant idea - my mum was saying at the weekend that that's how things used to work back when I was born and how much better it was smile

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all managing to keep cool in this lovely weather

Hooya Mon 15-Jul-13 08:03:31

Hooray welcome Andie how many tests have you done? I managed to stop at 6 with mine, thought that was quite restrained wink

Rock that's brilliant continuity of care - I've never known different as this is my first but I've had the same obstetrician for every appointment and it's lovely and reassuring - sounds like a great scheme to get on the NHS!

Kitten the plan is still for a Japanese middle name but it's so difficult as most of them don't really go with English names... and given we are double-barelling our surnames, I don't want the poor bugger stuck with some massive long name!

Not sure I'm ready to reveal the new name yet as I love it and other poeple won't but it's much more unusual than our other shortlisted name which is Seth. I love Seth but a) some people think it sounds a bit angry and b) it's not a very good baby name - seems better for grownups but I'm not sure if I can picture a cute baby Seth!

Congrats andie grin and well done on baby name choice progress Hooya

I'm still having stop start contractions but off to hospital in a moment for a regular appointment re the hyperemesis so will see what they reckon is going on. Just hopeful that my body is doing very useful work at the moment so that baby waves makes his entry super quickly and painlessly when the time is right.

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 15-Jul-13 11:06:19

Congrats & Welcome Andie!

Congrats on the scan & telling people Humpty!

Hooya, hurrah for name progress.
There are some very beautiful Japanese names out there, unfortunately I have no connection to Japan!
I like Seth, but know what you mean about it not being a 'baby' name..DS has a man's name & I feel weird telling people his name as it feels far to grown up for a toddler.

Rock, hope booking appointment goes well, and you see a nice MW! Haven't seen the same MW twice this pg, the scheme they're running near you sounds excellent.

waves, v.excited for you, hope all goes well at your appointment.

I've been having horrible crampy lower back ache since yesterday morning, that's what I get for saying I felt amazing last week grin

AndieDisestablishment Mon 15-Jul-13 14:46:45

Hooya I've done two tests so far but will do another at the weekend before telling parents.

I'm 5+2 today, at work and desperate to say something but also scared. :S

You all seem to be getting really close to D-Day now, how time has flown!

AndieDisestablishment Mon 15-Jul-13 15:05:14

Oooh, Rock I meant to say, that scheme sounds like the ante natal care I received in Shrewsbury. It's a small town with low birth rate so they can guarantee more one to one care but typically both of my DCs were early and arrived when my MW was on annual leave!lol

Rockchick1984 Mon 15-Jul-13 22:27:12

Good luck Waves hope its all kicking off for you!

Had booking appt today, midwife was lovely! Am booked for an early scan tomorrow at 10.30 (will be exactly 7 weeks) so please send me prayers, hugs, positive vibes, whatever you believe in, that this one is a sticky little bean! Was feeling very positive but now just terrified blush

Kittenkatzen Mon 15-Jul-13 22:43:09

MAHOOOSIVE hugs for you for tomorrow rock, will be thinking of you and sending lots of positive vibes your way - am doing a little sticky bean dance for you smile

AndieDisestablishment Tue 16-Jul-13 07:35:05

Thinking of you this morning Rock Hope this scan shoes you a very sticky bean.

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 16-Jul-13 08:00:57

Many, many positive thoughts & prayers for you Rock. Just over two & half hours to go, hope everything is as boring & textbook as possible.

Good luck with the scan Rock got everything here crossed for you smile

MrsAVB Tue 16-Jul-13 08:48:08

Good luck today rock!
waves hope you're doing ok and hospital are nice and helpful...x
hooya I love the name Seth but it doesn't really go with our surname. It makes me think of shepherds for some reason. But I think it's a cute name for a baby... But then I quite like old men names for babies, maybe I'm weird!
Have a good day all xxx

Rockchick1984 Tue 16-Jul-13 12:15:51

It's all good!!!! Chicklet has a heartbeat, measuring at 6+5 (thought I was exactly 7 but they said that's normal) and my lovely EPU have said I can go back in 2 weeks for another scan as that will take me past the point where previous pregnancy failed. I sobbed, scared my mum who was in the waiting room with DS grin as she thought tears meant it wasn't good - whoops!! So happy right now, but still terrified for next time!

StuckOnARollercoaster Tue 16-Jul-13 21:16:41

Fantastic news Rockchick - will keep everything crossed that all continues well.

AndieDisestablishment Wed 17-Jul-13 00:58:12

Great news Rock hoping all goes along quietly and nicely.

Is anybody else's crazy continuing even though they've now got their BFP? I did another test with evening wee to convince myself, if I can get a line with evening wee then it's really real. Obviously I did get a line, it is real. Then today, I made DP drive to Kiddicare to test a pushchair and price up potential nursery furniture as between having our numerous children and getting together we've sold or got rid of all our bug baby stuff (DPs ex still has some of his but asking her for that would just be hilarious!)

Someone Hooya the crazy out of me.

If I may chip in with my two pence worth, I like Seth as a baby name. I also thing old man names are cute for babies. Alfie being another one. DP wants Obi-Wan for a boy....I said no.lol

Kittenkatzen Wed 17-Jul-13 07:34:15

Yayyyy rockchick that is bloody brilliant news, so happy for you!

No hooya from me andie - I only stopped after 9 BFPs, 2 or 3 of which were done in secret at work "just I check" blush. DH and I then went slightly bonkers in the January sales and ended up placing orders for our travel system, car seat and Moses basket at 7/8 weeks pg! So I say you just carry on being crazy grin

waves I'm waving my pom poms for you! Hope you're doing ok.

This thread is not accepting new messages.