Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

Hooya Sun 16-Jun-13 00:48:59

Hello all! Back from last business trip for a while, so exciting to see the race between stuck and Pineapple - good luck to both!

Waves 1kg is brilliant! Must have been a huge effort to do just that, well done you!

notso yaaay for a boy! smile so excited for you knowing the journey it's been to get here!

Wow to Child with only gas & air, what an achievement!

MrsBri home straight now, are you scared or just ready?!

GBT you should rant as much as you like grin preggo prerogative surely!

Loads more I've missed! I am getting towards 27 weeks, being woken at 5am by baby doing barrell rolls (seriously, am I actually gestating a crocodile in there?) and trying not to worry about extracting myself from work for a few months. Last week was full-on 16 hour days, but I really enjoyed most of it confused - I know I will hopefully really enjoy motherhood too, just hope I can adapt well enough!

Finally came home to cot and changing table arriving, very exciting / scary, will post them on the fb page!

StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 16-Jun-13 21:08:27

Quick update... Daisy Ellen 8lb 2oz born today at 3pm - a fantastic fathers day present for DP!
60 hour marathon l so we're

StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 16-Jun-13 21:09:55

60 hour marathon labour so we're both shattered but doing well... Will post more later...

ChildOfThe1980s Sun 16-Jun-13 21:25:25

Yay! Congrats Stuck - what lovely names and what a good birthday. smile

MrsBri Sun 16-Jun-13 21:54:53

Hi Hooya!

I'm fed up and ready. A little apprehensive, but feel like the time has come now, so definitely mentally prepared now :-)

Stuck, congratulations! Was Daisy back to back? Such a pretty name too.

I think this officially makes me NEXT!!!

Well done stuck, huge congrats and what a lovely day to be born!

Sending positive vibes your way mrsbri and hoping you don't have long to wait now you feel prepared

notsoold Sun 16-Jun-13 22:57:18

Hooya!!! Wonderful to hear from you and glad everythong is going well and you enjoying work!!!

Stuck congratulations on the arrival of little Daisy!! Wonderful, wonderful day!!!

Waves how are you doing babe???

Mrsbri...sending good vibes from my side to you as well!

We had a quiet father's day with some nice food and dh ate a whole box of Rose's....

I hope you all will have a good week and a peaceful one

Kittenkatzen Mon 17-Jun-13 07:51:07

Awww yaayy stuck congratulations! Hope you're both feeling less shattered this morning!

mrsbri you're officially next shock eek!

waves congrats on the weight gain, are you feeling any better for it? You've just moved up the arrivals queue by 2 spots in quick succession so hopefully that cheers you up a bit too!

Happy Monday all...off for my lucozade test this afternoon, so that's a nice cheery blood sucking start to the week wink

MrsBri Mon 17-Jun-13 08:06:33

Thanks for the positive vibes ladies! :-)

I'm in a strange position where I'm fed up of being pregnant, BUT, DH has got well paid work all week after months of bugger all, so I don't want him to miss any of it due to baby coming. So next weekend please, baby! Bonkers really. And Sod's law.

It's my last midwife appt today. After this it's 2 x sweeps at the hospital, then induction. Scary stuff!

I'm having more bloods taken today, Kitten, to keep checking for OC as I'm still itching. Grrrr!

Have you got family history of diabetes? You're nowhere near overweight which would prompt the GTT.

Waves, yay for weight gain. Finally :-)

Hi notso, how's it going?

Time for a nap now. I got up before 7 to make DH bacon sandwiches that he missed out on yesterday as he was working. So it's catch up time before Homes Under the Hammer :-)

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 17-Jun-13 09:07:06

Congratulations Stuck! and what a fab gift for DP, good luck topping that next year grin

MrsBri, more positive vibes & hope the midwife apt goes well today & there's no reason for the itching.

Kitten enjoy(?) your GTT test...

Hooya, how does the furniture look? Hope crocodile hasn't been keeping you up too much!

34 weeks today for me, which I celebrated by waking up at 5.15am to vomit. Yuk. Not long too go now really, and a scan to check growth on Friday which my DCs are coming along to as it is after school. They are very excited!

Stuck I became a mum for the first time on mother's day. It was really special, so I hope your DP appreciates your efforts timing-wise wink

Yesterday I got my nose clip on (smells make me more sick) and painted all the walls up the stairs and landings, so they look way better now. Getting a quote for carpeting the stairs in a few days, so at least now I know it's ready to go. Nesting does weird things in terms of how your brain suddenly deems certain jobs essential.

Pineapple80 Tue 18-Jun-13 11:33:38

Hi ladies! A big congrats to you Stuck on Daisy's arrival! What a beautiful name and well worth the wait for her I bet!! grin Lovely news.

Our own happy news is baby Finley arrived on Friday afternoon. My induction did not go to plan. I had the gel inserted early morning and contractions started almost right away, they were mild and persistent and got stronger as the day went on. I was getting a lot of uterine contractions but little break in between (so the doctor explained) . The CTG trace of Finn's heart later that day showed his heart rate dipping a few times. Dr broke my waters to speed things along at about 4pm, but heart rate dipped more so he said if it happened again a c- section would be required to get baby out ASAP. So that is what happened. The section was quick and I was feeling fine the whole time. I think DH was the one worried and stressed, understandably!! At 5:30pm Finn was born at a tiny 5lb 11oz and life now has never been the same, we are totally in love smile. We got home from hospital yesterday and adjusting to home life.

I have to say I really miss being pregnant! Make the most of your baby bumps and kicks you receive now. It's jut a whole different (but wonderful) journey afterwards!

I hope u are all well. Have been behind in the latest in this thread but hoping to hear news from MrsBri soon! Thinking of you and hope you're well.

Take care! X smile

ChildOfThe1980s Tue 18-Jun-13 17:33:00

Super congrats Pineapple and glad he is well.

Kittenkatzen Tue 18-Jun-13 18:33:01

Oh poo sad my gp just called to say my lucozade test came back slightly high so they might want to get me in for the full GTT. Pants. Anyone else had that? In addition apparently they also need to redo my full blood count test for some reason - I assume that's the booking in bloods from ages ago?? Need to call mw tomorrow.

mrsbri hope your trip to the hosi was more successful than mine!

Good work on the DIY waves - not even hyperemesis can stand in the way of your nesting instinct! grin

Lovely news pineapple glad you're both settling in at home, hope you're not too sore

frogchops Tue 18-Jun-13 19:44:21

Lovely little story pineapple.... And also the 6th time I've cried today. hmmblush

StuckOnARollercoaster Tue 18-Jun-13 20:40:42

Congratulations pineapple!
That must have been pretty frightening about finlays heartbeat but glad that in the end the emcs brought him out safely - hope you have a good recovery from the op.
Can't wait till you are able to show us a photo of finlay he must be so tiny and cute at that weight.

So pompoms now out for Mrs Bri... Good luck

Kitten - hope the full gtt doesn't show anything
Waves - can't believe how much you are doing in your state! And I think DP is pretty chuffed. Like lots of men he would love a son but I think he's already smitten with his little fathers day present.

Got a bit more time now to give a few more details. I had a sweep on Thursday afternoon and early Friday morning the contractions started. They steadily got stronger and closer together over the day and were 3 mins apart by about 10/11 that evening. When I was assessed though they decided that although they were close in time they weren't regular or strong enough as I was only 1-2cm do sent home. Struggled through Friday night and Saturday with painful but not regular contractions, then by about 9pm they just felt different and we decided to go in again. Was assessed at 4cm and as they were looking for a room my waters went. There was no one in the pool room so I got that and was having a lovely time in it with the gas and air. Unfortunately the contractions were just not getting strong enough so Sunday morning I was transferred to a delivery room for syntocin drip to get them stronger. Consultant wasn't happy with progress and I was getting distressed and tired although baby was nearly out so I ended up with an episiotomy and ventouse and she came at 3pm.

In total 60 hours of hell but worth every second for my beautiful daughter. Like every new mum I think she is the most amazing little creature on the planet and am so thrilled to be discovering her. Am completely shattered but I don't care!

MrsBri Tue 18-Jun-13 20:49:24

I love reading your birth stories :-) I can't wait for Baby B to arrive, it has to be said!

Thank you for your thoughts and pom poms, Baby B needs some exiting encouragement. He is fully engaged now though, so hopefully any time now.

Waves, you continue to amaze me. I'd never have coped with everything you have. You're a real inspiration.

Pineapple80 Wed 19-Jun-13 00:20:39

Thanks ladies. I'm recovering ok actually. Feeling a bit more pain in the past day or so but they've given me plenty of drugs to combat pain smile. Stitches come out tomorrow & hopefully things keep getting easier each day.

I'll make sure i post some photos on the FB page today!

Stuck, really lovely to hear your birth story too. I think you can ensure anything now after your 60hrs of labour!

Now I better get some rest. Finn had us up all night/morning being unsettled! confused

Take care all x

frogchops Wed 19-Jun-13 11:34:05

Oh. Tears at stucks story too. I'm such a mess!! grinLovely news stuck, sniff!

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 19-Jun-13 11:50:38

Sorry they didn't go completely to plan Stuck & Pineapple, but glad you're both recovering well & babies are fine.
Pineapple I hate the sensation of baby kicks, but after I gave birth to DS I lay in the bath & had a little cry over my stomach not throwing shapes!

<pompoms> for BabyBri, hope anytime now for you...it's starting to get muggy & 'orrible here!

Waves, seconding what everyone here has said, you're bloody amazing! Although sometimes I feel like I'm stalking you as we're on two threads together blush

frog, I'll join in on crying lots, there's this really irritating tv show/lullaby every night on nickJr, hate it so much but the last few months I've cried like a baby when it's on, and given DS the biggest, squishiest hug in the world. Much to his annoyance!

Kitten, not had that..but gingers crossed everything is fine with you.

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 19-Jun-13 11:51:39

FINGERS crossed. FINGERS, I keep my gingers in separate cages. grin

Also, MrsAVB, Humpty...hope you're lurking away & doing well! x

Pineapple80 Wed 19-Jun-13 12:44:18

Hahaha Gary! U made me giggle with your auto correct boo-boo grin

Hope everyone is well x

Lovely news stuck and pineapple kind of reminds me there will actually be a baby at the end of this ttc malarky!

22 1/2 weeks here, getting a proper bump and kicks now, trying to enjoy it as this will definitely be our last!

MrsAVB Fri 21-Jun-13 09:07:48

Congrats stuck and pineapple!
Am off for my first ever 12 week scan today, <gulp>! Wish me luck ladies
X

MrsBri Fri 21-Jun-13 09:13:02

Good luck MrsAVB :-) How exciting!

I'm 40+1 and disappointingly still pregnant. Ah well, baby will have to come soon, so must remain positive!

This thread is not accepting new messages.