Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

Rockchick1984 Thu 07-Mar-13 13:00:41

Hi all, just a quick update - scan was fine, bubba is measuring perfect for dates (nearly 8 weeks) and heartbeat is strong! Got a copy of the scan pic, and although tiny its definitely baby shaped which wasn't the case with DS's early scan at 7 weeks (looked like a baked bean smile ) so I'm over the moon! Dr google says risk of miscarriage is only 1% now having seen heartbeat at this stage so we've decided to tell friends and family, and announce to the world Facebook at 12 weeks.

Yay Notso glad your scan went well too!!

tiredteddy Thu 07-Mar-13 13:40:57

Ooh lots of happy scan news! So pleased for you Notso and Rockchicksmile

notsoold Thu 07-Mar-13 17:22:43

Rock....congratulations!!! A good dayfor both of us!!!

Persuasion Thu 07-Mar-13 17:47:53

Congratulations on good scans rock and notsoold. It's so reassuring to see a heartbeat at that early stage.

tired I can't believe she's smiling already, time is really going by quickly.

waves I'm glad there's a proper plan in place, hopefully this will work better for you.

pineapple I'm 23 weeks, and we bought our pram last week, mainly because we had decided which one we wanted and then watched for a sale. When the sale appeared we pounced! We also have some clothes bought by MIL. We're planning on leaving other big items closer to the time, to spread things out a bit.

My growth scan was ok yesterday morning, baby has grown but is still on the small side. And my dopplers were normal one side, high the other side and borderline when she averaged it out so I have another scan at 28 weeks to check growth. No one seems to know what it means, if anything, and I'm feeling quite relaxed now I know she's grown about the right amount over the last 2 weeks. Sometimes I think we investigate too much, if I hadn't had the screening bloods I wouldn't have known, and would just have had a normal scan with nothing to worry about. Can't say I mind the extra chances to see baby though!

MrsBri Thu 07-Mar-13 17:59:59

Congratulations Rock and Notso. Fantastic news :-)

And that's a relief, Persuasion...as long as growth is at the right rate, that's got to be a good sign, I'd have thought?

tiredteddy Thu 07-Mar-13 18:03:47

Persuasion, good that she's growing and as long as that keeps happening I'd assume all is ok. Yes enjoy every chance to see her. Scans are lovely in that respect.

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well. Any exciting plans for mothers day those of you with dc already?

notsoold Thu 07-Mar-13 18:18:54

Persuasion...she is growing at her own rate ...
That is very good smile

Tired....my mum is spending the day with us. My dh adores her ( although they don't speak the same language)...
My dd will not come this mother's day as they will spend at her IL.
Dd is planning my surprise (not ) cake and a new mug( I don't officially know any of this...smile)

tiredteddy Thu 07-Mar-13 18:31:52

Notso how nice that your DH likes your mum so much! I also laughed when ds2 told me he's made a secret card at school!!! wink

Pineapple80 Fri 08-Mar-13 02:06:34

Such great news Notso & Rock!! smile

Thanks for your replies re: buying baby's things. Guess it's good to get an idea what everyone is doing. My SIL did one big shop at 32 wks and got everything within 5-6 wks. We do have Mothercare here and similar stores which do the payment plans etc so we'll probably do a one stop shop when the time comes!

Wing - we are hoping something comes up soon for him. It is normally a thriving industry but hit a slump here in the past 6 months. I think it is a matter of right place, right time, right job...

Stuck - that's great you got your pram on sale! One thing ticked off the list!

Have made a list of things to buy, plus made wish lists on m&s and John Lewis websites. So much cheaper than Oz!

Pineapple80 Fri 08-Mar-13 02:12:37

Persuasion, that is great to hear about bub's growth. I hope all continues to go well for you both. I also had doppler flows checked at 20 wks due to low Papp-A protein levels and will be having growth scan at 32 wks again.

Kittenkatzen Fri 08-Mar-13 08:02:28

Will post properly later but just wanted to say hurrah for notso and rock! gringrin

WingDefence Fri 08-Mar-13 09:40:29

I made the mistake of forgetting the day of Mother's Day but remembering the date so when DH asked me early last week (considering I was extremely tired and wrung out after my travelling and the funeral etc) whether he could go to the footy 'next Sunday' I foolishly said yes! So after doing the refreshments at church in the morning (i.e. I'm doing all the baking for that), he's going off to Old Trafford and I'm taking DS to my DPs with another cake I plan to bake in hand.

Saturday though we are going to one of our favourite farm restaurant/shops near Clitheroe so that will be nice and actually baking with DS will be a lovely activity too.

I've had a soap and two homemade cards from DS already (he always wants to give me my presents NOW) and I'm happy not to get anything more really smile

Right, teleconference in 20 mins and I've not finished my document for it! shock Argh best go!

Hooya Fri 08-Mar-13 12:57:00

Popping in to say hurrah for Rock and notso - brought a big grin to my face! And persuasion sounds reassuring re the recent growth, and lovely to get more of a look at her!

Not been on much as now I'm past 12 weeks it feels like we've been either at work or on Skype all the time! So so much fun telling friends our news grin. The clinic give us a DVD which they add the video of the scan to each time - it's really difficult not to watch it every day blush

waves hope the new treatment plan is working better!

Wing I always 'wing' it before meetings - the best way to prepare grin

Pineapple are you going to buy some UK stuff and have it shipped? We are thinking of doing similar as Japan can be soooo expensive!

GBT ha ha re dildocam! We were showing a mate (whose wife had the same doctor for her pregnancy) the scan video and he said "that's not a dildocam image is it?" wink I felt much more like a proper pregnant person getting a belly scan!

Guinea hope you are feeling better

Dysgu I am going to copy and paste your lists then lose them somewhere and have to come back here searching thanks!

tired yay for smiles

Child I envy you as I fear the stretchmarks - I have a few very pale ones just from quick weight gains in the past, but no more than a stone, so I dread to think what this will do to my belly...

Hi to everyone else I missed - happy Friday!

I've had a happy scan too grin Bang on for dates (well whats a day out at such tiny measurements!) Good position at the top of uterus, little heart thumping away and beginnings of legs and arms, 7 + 4 so hopefully time will go quicker till the 12 week mark, phew, looking forward to a good nights sleep xx

ChildOfThe1980s Fri 08-Mar-13 14:36:38

Great news Blondies smile

ChildOfThe1980s Fri 08-Mar-13 14:52:13

My MW has advised that I find out more about labour, so that I have less anxiety and am less likely to panic this time (that's why I had an epidural with my DS- just freaked out from the fear of more pain.)

I was reading a pregnancy book today. I started reading about episiotomies (I had one with DS) and caesareans. I had to stop reading as started feeling faint. sad How am I supposed to research all this when my brain can't cope with it? Oh dear. BTW, I am not normally a queasy person at all, and quite happily watch OBEM and medical programs.

WingDefence Fri 08-Mar-13 15:15:29

Hurrah blondies!

Hooya - are you on our fb page? I'd love you to upload a bit of your scan video grin

Child - for birth trauma, I think some (community?) MWs run sessions or are happy to meet to go through past births. Can you contact whoever it is who runs ante natal classes in your area? Also I think doulas provide one-to-one ante natal sessions to help go through things without your brain shutting down. Just reading a book really might not help.

Otherwise, have you thought about posting a thread on here to ask people their advice on how they got over birth panic and flashbacks etc? I actually read this thread yesterday about birth trauma and it sounds similar to your fear/anxieties?

To be honest, I have never read in depth about episiotomies or CSs - sometimes it can be worth not knowing too much!?! I had a 2nd degree tear with DS and I've never looked up the differences between 1st/2nd/3rd degrees as I think I would seriously scare myself. There's a difference between being prepared and frightening yourself by going into every little potential problem or outcome?

I wish I could give you a hug! Have a biscuit instead smile

GaryBuseysTeeth Fri 08-Mar-13 15:56:51

Blondies, that's fantastic news! Roll on 12wks!

^What Wing said Child.
I'm still a bit iffy about giving birth (felt like a failure going from planned homebirth to all the drugs/monitoring in hospital), but I've found watching OBEM (with DH, incase it gets to me) & reading about other people's experiences (good & bad) has helped....although I think your MW was wrong to advise you just to find out more about labour, given the anxiety you felt last time, is there someone else you can speak to about it for a 2nd opinion?

envy Wing, sounds like a lovely Saturday, hope the weather is decent for you.

Got into my Maternity Jeans for the first time yesterday (still needed a belt, but they didn't fall down), I forgot how comfy they are!
18wks tomorrow & it's hit me that we may, possibly, could, be having another baby. Won't believe it until it happens, but still.. grin

GaryBuseysTeeth Fri 08-Mar-13 15:58:55

Oooh, and just cos! Someone linked this poem on another fred, it was on Radio2 other day & it's lovely (have tissues at the ready);

The Last Time

The father, reading to his girl
some little tale they always read
is unaware that this may be
the last one that she’ll ever need;
she’s grown past stories softly read
by daddy sitting on the bed.

The mother with her muddy son,
kicking a football in the park,
cannot sense as they wander home
through chilly, soft-approaching dark;
this was the last time they’d come out
to kick that happy ball about.

How secret, sneaky-soft they come:
those last times when we’ll kiss it better,
hold their hand across the road
or lift them up to post a letter.
They pass unmarked, un-noticed; for
we’re not so needed any more.

So they abandon fairy tales,
and nursery rhymes that mummy sings
and leave behind soft toys – and us -
and put away their childish things;
a loss so small. Our loss the greater,
unmissed, un-mourned, until years later.

WingDefence Fri 08-Mar-13 16:26:26

Oh I saw that poem on the other thread (can't remember which one it was now...) and it is truely lovely but heartbreaking! <sob>

ChildOfThe1980s Fri 08-Mar-13 17:20:38

Thanks Gary and Wing

My MW said that she runs 'about birth' sessions, and has booked me for one in April, although I will need to check this.

Hopefully this will be good and helpful. I can't really afford a doula. It's weird, I've spoken with lots of mums about my birth, and it always helps. But there is something that makes me think I may fall apart as soon as contractions start properly, no matter how positive I feel about it (although a little anxious) now.

Also I need to remember that having an epidural is not failure. Even though I really want to give birth in the lovely birthing centre that doesn't look like a hospital if at all possible.

notsoold Fri 08-Mar-13 18:28:48

Blondies.....excellent news!!!! Xxx

Rockchick1984 Fri 08-Mar-13 18:48:18

Brilliant news Blondie!!

Child have you looked into natal hypnotherapy? I completely forgot all of the ideas behind it once I was in labour but it was amazing for calming me down in the preceding weeks - I was very nervous about labour!! A very good theory that I read was that your body won't put you through pain which you can't cope with as your pain receptors in your brain would just refuse to accept it! Don't know how true it is, but it certainly helped me despite DS being back to back with no gaps between contractions!

I'm hoping for a home birth this time, I think I'll be calmer in my own home without the stress of hospital!

Hooya Sat 09-Mar-13 01:56:58

Hooray blondies - what a great week for scans!

Child I can only sympathise. I did a lot of research and certainly hypnobirthing seemed to get very good reports, and I can recommend CBT for extreme anxiety (having suffered many years ago) - worth asking your GP about? Like GBT I have found reading about it the best option. My DP watched a full uncensored video of a CS before we decided on it - I didn't, but watched his face while he watched it, which was enough! We both agreed that there will be no peeking round the screen shock

And finally there is no such thing as failure when it comes to giving birth! Ok, I guess keeping your legs shut and refusing to take your pants off wouldn't be brilliant, but you know what I mean... grin

notsoold Sat 09-Mar-13 02:03:37

hooya...congratulations (sorry I am late ) smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.