Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

Pineapple80 Wed 15-May-13 09:43:02

Lovely bump Kitten!!! smile

Waves, such good news about no more daily hospital, yay!

MrsBri - hope your class goes well this weekend. And my goodness this pregnancy has flown by...I can't believe we're next after Child (Good luck!!!).

We had part 2 of our childbirth ed class last night. Discussed induction, intervention, had at our of birth suite and the rooms where we and baby will stay. All went well and class ended with learning to settle and swaddle baby and a breast feeding DVD was put on. It's weird as it really dawned on me that baby will cry, and cry...and cry. I didn't really think about it till it was discussed last night and now am reading up on settling techniques. I guess it's all practical isn't it and we will have to tackle it when baby arrives!

Have a great day all x

Pineapple80 Wed 15-May-13 09:44:27

Ooh and I've a growth scan tomorrow so fingers crossed baby has made good progress with growth over past 2 wks...

ChildOfThe1980s Wed 15-May-13 13:43:21

Great news Waves - hope you're totally better soon.

All the best for the scan Pineapple smile

I have decided that I don't want the baby this week after all - my husband has a nasty virus and I have a bad cold so I am really not feeling up to it just yet. If we're both well by Monday, I'm happy to go with that, thanks Baby smile

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 15-May-13 14:36:56

MrsAVB, I forgot to mention, I got really bloated in my hands/feet/legs really early on in this pg but it's gone away again.

Child <squeee!> hope baby listens to you & comes some time next week.

waves so happy for you! Although hope you're not doing too much on your 'days off' <wags finger>

Looking at TENs machines on eBay atm, has anyone used one before? For labour or general pain relief.

Fingers crossed for you pineapple!
I'll be booking a private scan at about 36wks (just for my own reassurance).

Pineapple80 Thu 16-May-13 10:00:31

Thanks all smile, scan went well and baby growing well but still on small side (15th percentile). OB that I saw after the scan said we can look at an induction at 38-39 wks if labour hasn't started naturally before then, as baby would be better off out than in. Eek!!!! I'm not ready!!!blush I'm sure we will manage but it has just all kind of dawned on me now! DH is not too concerned and says baby will be born regardless so why does a week or two matter. True!

Got fingers crossed Child that baby holds out till the time is "right" for you and DH! Thinking of you smile

Hi to everyone else, I hope you're all doing well!

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 16-May-13 15:21:45

Glad the scan went well Pineapple, eeek! at early induction..it's really weird being told 'We're going to get you to have the baby now' when you're not in labour!

StuckOnARollercoaster Thu 16-May-13 19:06:32

Hello... long time no see!
Good to hear everyone is progressing along well.
Hope your baby stays put child and hopefully pineapple you can get yourself sorted for an early arrival.

On Saturday I am 37 weeks so full term and I keep switching between wanting an early arrival before I get too enormous, versus being quite happy for baby to stay put inside me where he/she is causing less chaos than when he/she arrives.
Hospital bag is just about packed and am in full on nesting mode getting our hallway decorated. I keep taking lots of breaks and just doing a little each day but I feel as busy as when I was working!

Take care everyone...

ChildOfThe1980s Thu 16-May-13 22:02:24

Gary I used a TENS machine in the first few hours of labour last time. It's not very strong though, and you need to use it as soon as you realise that you're in labour.

But it's worth a try. I've got it ready for this time too, may as well use it before I get into the pool at the birthing centre.

Pineapple how long until your induction then?

Pineapple80 Fri 17-May-13 00:18:36

Hi Stuck, good to hear from you! Hope all goes well for you, 37 wks has flown by!!

Thanks Gary!

Child - the Dr said we will see by 37 wks how baby and I are doing and look at booking an induction then for 38-39 wks as there would not really be more benefit in waiting and more risk of placental issues as time goes by. So I guess nothing definite will be set till then. It just made me realise how soon it will be shock!

So happy the weekend is here! Closer for us in Oz anyway grin. Hope you all have a good Friday and weekend also.

Hooya Sat 18-May-13 15:03:28

Hello everyone!

Child woohoo, not long to go, so exciting!

How quickly does the 2nd trimester go?! It's crazy, one minute I was 14 weeks, suddenly I'm nearly 23!

Here all is well, bit sad about my anterior placenta as I don't get to feel much movement and my DP won't feel anything from the outside for ages probably sad but it is very exciting when I do feel something, at least!

A question for everyone - when did you buy your cot, buggy etc? We have chosen ours, bought the hammock already (which we'll use in place of a moses basket) as we had to bring it back from the UK, but not sure when we should get the rest! I am excited so kind of want to buy it all now...

Pineapple80 Sun 19-May-13 01:33:59

Hey Hooya! I say buy it all now! We got our when I was about 28 wks or so. Good to be organised if its possible, plus if u think time flies now? Wait till 3rd trimester, it really really flies. I can't believe I'm having a baby in about a months time!!!

Have fun shopping grin

frogchops Tue 21-May-13 19:16:27

Hooya, I'm 23 on fri too, and also have anterior placenta. If u aren't feeling much, don't assume it will stay like that, I'm feeling more an more each day and DP has felt him a couple of times. He even kicked my cup of hot chocolate last night cos it was resting against my bump! Also, I've bought my buggy but not my cot yet. I know the one I want tho, just waiting til payday!

notsoold Tue 21-May-13 22:43:58

Hooya...I am only 17 weeks so will leave until after the 20 weeks scan.

Hello everybody.... I am always lurking here and reading the posts...
Xxxxx

Pineapple80 Wed 22-May-13 11:15:37

Frog - that's so cute about baby kicking at your hot chocolate grin!

Notsoold - very exciting you're almost 20 wks! Glad you are lurking.

Feeling a bit lonely on this thread! I hope everyone is well?

Child - how are you? Are you and DH feeling better this week? Waiting to hear your baby news smile

MrsBri - how did your class go on the weekend? I hope all went well and you and DH to some helpful info out of it.

We had our 3rd and last childbirth class last night which was good. We had a session on breast feeding and brainstormed 24hrs with a newborn, which was interesting.

Well I've hit 35 wks this week and feeling well. Sleep is ok and some days not the best but guess it could be worse! My moods have gone a little weird. I'm teary some days and ok on other days. Feel a bit anxious about it all tbh, hope that I can cope and be a good Mum!

Am still working and possibly continuing for another 1-2 wks. I'll find out this week actually.

What has everyone been up to? Bank holiday plans? I miss out, being in Oz! Hope you all have a good one smile x

Pineapple80 Wed 22-May-13 11:17:57

Oh and Stuck, how are you??smile

MrsBri Wed 22-May-13 11:28:48

Hi Pineapple!

I found the classes useful re hospital-specific info like how long they leave before inducing when waters go, pain relief, how long they let you push for etc.

DH found it more useful as he didn't really know much about labouring / signs etc.

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow. Getting there!

I was told I maybe have a little too much fluid at he midwife appt on Monday, but not so much to be concerned. She's going to keep an eye on growth though. See what happens, I suppose.

Oh, our pram, car seat and cot bed mattress came yesterday. The pram is at the in laws though. I've gone superstitious. Bonkers!

Hello to everyone :-)

MrsAVB Wed 22-May-13 12:09:47

Hi all, I'm still lurking but nothing exciting to report. Still vomming very often but it seems manageable at the moment. Am 7+2 today, and have appointments through for booking and 12 week scan - it feels like ages to wait but the last couple of weeks have gone fairly quickly so hopefully the next few will too.
Hope everyone else is doing well
X

StuckOnARollercoaster Thu 23-May-13 11:00:15

Starting to get excited here in manchester... just had a midwife appointment and babystuck is 2/5 engaged so its starting to feel like the end may be in sight. (I had thought the breathlessness had eased a bit which now makes sense)
Next appointment in 2 weeks is just about at term so we talked through what a stretch and sweep is and I can decide if I want it.

mrs avb i seem to remember it felt like ages to first scan, then another age to the second but after that it flies by...

mrs bri sounds like you are being well looked after. Should finish the last of the woodwork painting today and I'm going to put the pram in the hallway and hope that superstition doesn't get me!

pineapple how's the work? Hope you are not overdoing it. Because I've already finished work and dp is selfemployed from home, weekends and bank holidays don't seem to register anymore. All being well we are going to catch up with some extended family at 'dog vegas' dog show in the peak district!!!

frogchops and hooya I also had an anterior placenta and althoughit took a while to feel regular movements it does happen eventually - I feel like a punchbag although it does make me smile every time and I do like gently nudging back wherever I am being prodded. Dp says I'm already playing with the baby and he/she's not even born.

notsoold I also waited for the 20 week scan before starting to buy anything, and have been doing just a few things every couple of weeks, so we could absorb it into our finances gradually, but we were lucky that grandparents offered to buy the biggest item our travel system.

Well that's all from me, can't scroll back much more on the tablet... good wishes to all and for those of us in the uk here's hoping its a good bank holiday weekend grin

MrsBri Thu 23-May-13 11:07:24

Stuck, I also play with baby!

Sometimes we play chase the foot. Other times baby just wants his feet to be stroked. For ages!

The other Sunday DH and I spend about an hour in bed just playing with baby :-) I think they enjoy the attention!

I'm jealous that you're engage as I'm not. Will have to get on the ball later!

Pineapple80 Thu 23-May-13 13:06:58

Stuck - work is going ok thanks. It is not too busy and am handing over all my work and pretty much making notes for the next person to take over. Happy to plod along for a couple weeks more if they need me! We do need the money...DH still looking for work atm, so it's been a bit of a stressful time for us financially so figure if I am still feeling fit and able I will continue to work.

That is great you are 2/5 engaged! Exciting!! Midwife palpated me at my appointment today and commented baby's head is low in my pelvis but unsure of how much. Am feeling a lot of sharp stinging in cervix area - anyone else get this?

MrsBri - how sweet that you and DH play with baby! I often try to catch baby's foot when it sticks out grin

Pineapple80 Thu 23-May-13 13:09:25

MrsAVB - don't worry 12 wks will come soon! Like everyone else is saying 2nd and 3rd trimester just fly by. Wishing you well smile

MrsBri Thu 23-May-13 14:09:44

Pineapple, on days where baby is low I get the shooting pain.

As he keep bounces back up again it isn't all the time. Had a bounce on my ball to try to entice engagement earlier. Not sure how successful it was. I did have 3 wees in 30 minutes though!

ChildOfThe1980s Thu 23-May-13 14:22:16

Pineapple You will be an awesome Mum, so don't worry about it. It's normal to be anxious before birth, especially with the hormones flying around.

I am ok, besides getting a fair amount of back ache and headaches, but nothing serious. Hubby and I are much better this week. He has had a rush of energy and the nursery is now pretty much ready. Woo hoo!

So my MW was wrong about baby coming last week, but that turned out to be a good thing. Hoping it comes soon now though.

Stuck good news about baby being engaged. I am booked in for a stretch and sweep next Wednesday.

MrsAVB Thu 23-May-13 15:08:33

Stretch and sweep always makes me think of Sooty and Co... So now I have an image of Sweep the hand puppet midwife... Now there's one for the nightmare bank!
X

Kittenkatzen Thu 23-May-13 22:08:29

Just marking my spot as I'd lost you all, will catch up properly in the train tomorrow, glad everyone's ok smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.