Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

Congratulations practising - hope you recover quickly, and that you are getting lots of cuddles with your newborn.

28 weeks today for me, so officially in the third trimester, and hoping that it flies by. Fed up doesn't go half way to describing how sick I am of the sickness!

Kittenkatzen Mon 06-May-13 17:29:57

Wow I've missed so much!

Hi humpty and congrats! Another serial POASer here too - I think I did 9 before I finally ran out of money believed it!

Hurrah for mat leave mrsbri hope the cross stitch is coming along nicely - will you be posting a pic for us nosey parkers when it's done? smile

HUGE congrats practising! 9lb15 wow! Hope you're all settling in well and you're enjoying lots of lovely newborn snuggles.

gary thanks for the link to the wristbands, might get me one of those I think.

Not much to report from me...had a family dinner at my parents' house yesterday, and we were presented with a beautiful knitted shawl from my mum and a gorgeous handmade patchwork quilt, with a matching pram size one from my sister! Spoilt baby smile

tiredteddy Mon 06-May-13 20:23:02

Huge congratulations PRactising. Now you really are practising! What a big boy too. C section def sounds like the best choice too. Enjoy every moment they change so very fast xxxx

Congratulations practising how awesome - and I think it sounds sensible to have gone for a section, rather than knacker you and DS out.

Quick question for all you pros: I'm 4+3, and have had the most appalling ache in my lower back (right over the coccyx, which I did break 20+ years ago - feels similar!) and into top of bum cheeks. Is this just random back pain, or is it pregnancy related? It can't be, this early on, can it?

MrsAVB Mon 06-May-13 20:37:28

Hi everyone, and congrats practicing, very exciting! humpty congrats (again lol), tis lovely to have you here at a similar stage grin. X

MrsBri Tue 07-May-13 08:39:17

Hi kitten, I'll put a picture up on the Facebook group once it is complete. Bit of a way to go yet though! Hoping to have it done in 2 weeks' time.

Humpty, it could be pregnancy as your body does start to change really quickly. I would mention it to whoever you see at your surgery to refer you to the midwives.

To be honest, I can't remember early pregnancy very well! :-/

ChildOfThe1980s Tue 07-May-13 09:32:15

Morning.

Congrats Practicing ! :D My DS was 9 pounds 5 and was very hard work getting out, and I was induced, so it was probably the right choice to have a CS. He'll be pretty much straight into 0-3 months clothes then won't he?

I am 37 weeks today (oh my goodness) so I may well be next.

Congrats and welcome Humpty

MrsBri Tue 07-May-13 09:41:25

You'd better be next, Child, because me and Pineapple are happy to wait a few weeks til term!! :-) (I'm sure Pineappke won't mind me saying that for her!).

MrsBri thank you - I will. Seeing GP on Friday, so will ask then.

child how exciting! Hope you're feeling well.

Pineapple80 Tue 07-May-13 23:58:49

Ha ha MrsBri, def don't mind! I've been told that they will induce me if labour has not started by 40 wks, relating to smaller baby. I hope for things to kick off on their own but let's wait and see!

Had our 1st childbirth ed class last night (similar to UK NCT style groups) and it was fab! DH really thought it was informative and even fun grin.

Kittenkatzen Wed 08-May-13 08:27:10

Balls balls balls, talking of antenatal classes I knew I had a form somewhere to book us onto the hospital ones, and I knew it had a deadline on it, but did I look that hard? could I find it anywhere?? DH found it this morning - obviously the deadline was two weeks ago sad Bugger. Will call them today and hope begging works!

Kittenkatzen Wed 08-May-13 08:27:57

Balls balls balls, talking of antenatal classes I knew I had a form somewhere to book us onto the hospital ones, and I knew it had a deadline on it, but did I look that hard? could I find it anywhere?? DH found it this morning - obviously the deadline was two weeks ago sad Bugger. Will call them today and hope begging works!

MrsBri Wed 08-May-13 09:35:13

Bugger, Kitten :-/

Who gives pregnant ladies stuff like that to do anyway?! I've booked onto an all day course on 18th May, so we get it all done at once. Makes it more convenient really.

I hope they're nice to you and let you book!

Have come to the conclusion that I won't be wearing my rings from now on :-( My fingers keep swelling too much with the heat. Boo!

How's the furniture building going Pineapple?

Pineapple80 Wed 08-May-13 10:01:42

Furniture building hasn't started yet MrsBri! I may request the drawers be assembled this weekend so I can put away some of the washed clothes! grin

WingDefence Wed 08-May-13 13:12:42

Well done practising!! DD was 9lb 10 last week and expected to be 9lb 15idh when the HV weighs her at this afternoon's visit and I could not imagine pushing her out at this size!!! grin

MrsAVB Wed 08-May-13 18:11:03

mrsbri, my rings are getting tight already, <sob>, am 5+2 and hoping this doesn't mean I'm going to turn into a big fat blob with sausage fingers... sad x

ChildOfThe1980s Thu 09-May-13 09:19:41

I have a birth class this afternoon- hopefully it will be useful.

Pineapple80 Thu 09-May-13 23:23:07

How did your childbirth class go Child? Hope it was helpful & informative.

Anyone else waking up at silly times and not being able to go back to sleep? For me it is between 3-5am and baby decides to stretch and do star fish shapes as if to say "Look Mum!!"grin. I love it but then am very tired for work that day! I guess it's all just practise for motherhood isn't it?

How is everyone doing?

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend.

Pineapple80 Thu 09-May-13 23:24:48

How did your childbirth class go Child? Hope it was helpful & informative.

Anyone else waking up at silly times and not being able to go back to sleep? For me it is between 3-5am and baby decides to stretch and do star fish shapes as if to say "Look Mum!!"grin. I love it but then am very tired for work that day! I guess it's all just practise for motherhood isn't it?

How is everyone doing?

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend.

Kittenkatzen Fri 10-May-13 07:28:34

pineapple I am getting rubbish sleep at the moment between early hours baby wriggles and needing to pee every 5 mins, so feeling your pain there. At the 20 week scan they said that baby's head was pressing on my bladder though so I guess that explains it!

Happy Friday lovely ladies smile

Pineapple80 Fri 10-May-13 13:22:50

Oh Kitten sorry to hear your sleep is also disrupted! But I guess it is going to happen sooner or later isn't it grin.

Practisingparent Fri 10-May-13 20:01:21

child pretty much in 0-3months although the supermarket stuff always seems to come out quite large. Iv managed to get him in a couple of next newborn suits, but they are snug and will be the only time he wears them! French brand newborn stuff is absolutely no go!

He has lost 8 oz after 5 days so actually fits some stuff slightly better now, but midwife says all is well and he will begin to gain again now.

Still trying to find the 'just mumming' thread!... anyone?

ChildOfThe1980s Sat 11-May-13 18:24:47

Pineapple yes it was quite useful thanks. I found out that if I have the baby in the birthing centre, I won't be able to have any visitors, but that's because I should be out within 6 hours of birth.

I also wake up at strange times in the middle of the night- and sometimes not toilet- or cramp- related. And then I lie there wondering why I'm awake.

Getting a few mild BHs today.

WingDefence Sun 12-May-13 05:08:13

practising, it's over here, although we're a bit quieter because we're all busy with the newborns! Come over and wakes us up grin

Hi to the rest of you. DD was 6 weeks old on Friday - it's gone so fast!

Hooya Sun 12-May-13 09:30:20

Hello everyone <waves excitedly> just back from wonderful trip to the UK hence not logging on - looking forward to catching up on all your news! smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.