Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

Pineapple80 Wed 01-May-13 03:33:33

Child - how are you doing today? Just wondered if the contractions were just BH or did they progress? Hope you're well regardless!

My 32 wk scan went ok, baby is healthy but measuring small for dates I am told. I will get info about percentiles etc tomorrow when I meet with the Dr at my appointment. They have sent me for yet another growth scan for 2 wks time to ensure baby is growing at an acceptable rate. I do feel physically that my bump is getting a lot bigger this week. So fingers crossed baby continues to grow and all is well.

How is everyone this week?

Pineapple80 Wed 01-May-13 03:33:41

Child - how are you doing today? Just wondered if the contractions were just BH or did they progress? Hope you're well regardless!

My 32 wk scan went ok, baby is healthy but measuring small for dates I am told. I will get info about percentiles etc tomorrow when I meet with the Dr at my appointment. They have sent me for yet another growth scan for 2 wks time to ensure baby is growing at an acceptable rate. I do feel physically that my bump is getting a lot bigger this week. So fingers crossed baby continues to grow and all is well.

How is everyone this week?

Kittenkatzen Wed 01-May-13 07:47:41

Hey ladies, I'm back from my holidays smile feel like I've been away for ever!

Hope everyone's ok, will read back to catch up on all your news in a moment.

Had 20 week scan yesterday and all looking good - baby was a little pickle though and had it's head buried in my pelvis so the sonographer had to jiggle and poke quite a bit to get him/her to move...after which it wouldn't sit still for the measurements gringrin. Oh yes and apparently my baby has a "fat little tummy" - it's off the end of the waist measurement chart thingy on the printout in my notes shock so it appears I have a little chunk in there!

We think we've managed to agree on our boy and girl names while we were away too so that's quite exciting!

Right, off to catch up then....

Kittenkatzen Wed 01-May-13 08:02:21

Ooh child that's exciting - did they develop into anything? (like a baby?! grin)

And obviously big congrats to guinea, lovely pictures on fb, she's a cutie! Hope you're all getting on ok.

Did I miss an announcement from practising or did the BHs not amount to anything yet?

pineapple glad baby is looking healthy - maybe you've just got a little dainty dot in there smile

Welcome and congrats mrsavb lovely to have more joiners! shock At your January due date though - I still feel like I only just got my bfp and I'm due in September - cant believe there's a January club already!

waves & wing interesting stuff on the cord clamping, I've done a little reading on it and it will definitely be in my birth plan (such as it is - hoping not to be too strict on myself). Props to you waves on the placenta smoothie though - you have a stronger stomach than I! smile

Practisingparent Wed 01-May-13 19:02:20

Hi all, kitten sorry to say baby is staying put still. Had another failed sweep today. My cervix is not opening up at all! I have had more period type cramping tho and last night after very spicy food, was getting definite tightenings, tho cannot be classed as contractions, they eased off after an hour.

Just tomorrow to get through and then Im induced on friday, Im trying to remain positive but am really disappointed in my body, and frightened of another induction!

delayed cord clamping is on my birth plan (the one I plan to write tomorrow!) and Im really interested in encapsulating my placenta, but know dh would be horrified, and Im not ready to fight my corner this late on!

Well this may be my last post as a pregnant lady, I reckon child beat me to it!

Will someone post a link to the just mumming thread please? I hope to show my face there after the weekend!

Pineapple80 Thu 02-May-13 12:28:24

Good luck for the induction tomorrow Practising, will be thinking of you smile.

Thanks Kitten! I had my follow up appointment at the hospital today and the OB said baby is small for dates (10th percentile) but all other factors are looking good and indicating healthy baby. They want dopplers, heart rate trace & measurements done weekly from now and also if due date comes and baby hasn't arrived, they will induce me. Could just be a lil bub but I never would have guessed because I was an 8 pounder! DH was 6lb and managed to get recessive tall genes from two very short parents! So maybe baby takes after them?! Anyway I am glad health wise things are looking good & hope they continue to do so.

Been thinking of Child - wonder if there has been any news?

Waves - how are you lately? Hope u are feeling well.

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 02-May-13 13:05:59

Welcome MrsAVB, congratulations!

Well done on a good scan & fatty baby Kitten grin

Thinking of you Child!

Good luck for tomorrow Practising, will dig out the justmumming thread for you.

25+some weeks to go, my phone tells me I have 100 days to go!

ChildOfThe1980s Thu 02-May-13 14:44:32

Hi all. No, they were just practice contractions and I haven't had any since. I had my Mw on Tuesday, and Baby isn't even engaged. So I probably have ages to go. (36 weeks and 2 days today.)

Really hoping that I won't go overdue or need to be induced. Thinking of you Practicing : hope you go into labour naturally today.

Pineapple maybe your baby is just petite? My friend had a small for dates baby the whole way through pregnancy, just because she is skinny and doesn't eat that much. Her baby is perfectly healthy.

Well done on deciding boys' and girls' names already Kitten My DH and I still can't agree on a boy's name, and probably will not until it's born, and then if it's a boy, will have to decide quickly. :/ Oh dear.

Hello smile I still have hyperemesis, but am on a trial of just going up to hospital for IV meds as opposed to sitting up for hours and hours on a drip. If it works, then life will be a lot easier. I just need to be very disciplined and drink as much as possible during the periods when the IV anti emetics are working.

I'm also kind of settling into a post-DH routine, I have lots of help all of a sudden from a local charity, and a social services related agency. I even had my bathroom cleaned for me this morning.

I am in the countdown to the third trimester - 27 + 2 days today, and my maths is terrible but I think that means in 5 days I am into the final stage of this. Although I do have to cope with the GTT next week (family history of diabetes), which somewhat tempers my excitement at reaching that stage.

Thought and good luck vibes to child and practising grin

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Sat 04-May-13 08:43:42

Hello all. Not been on MN since Eleanor was born ... 3 are definitely keeping us busy but its fab!

Haven't caught up with everything yet but good luck to Practising. Hope everything goes well.

I haven't headed to the Just Mumming thread yet and not sure where to find it but hopefully see some of you on there soon.

Glad things are getting easier Waves. Hope everyone else is happy and well.

notsoold Sat 04-May-13 09:08:01

Waves...take care hun....xxx

Guinea lovely to hear from you and that everything is well!!! smile

15 weeks today and feeling fine...I used to feel the baby move ( the flutters etc) and it is my third one so I know the difference....but I haven't felt movement for a week today. I am panicking and considering buying a doppler ( I didn't consider before because of getting myself worked up).
I am due to see MW next Friday.
Am I being silly??? Do I need a good and proper hooya???

MrsBri Sat 04-May-13 13:01:14

Notso, I think when you're that pregnant the baby is small enough to be able to bounce round and not be felt by you at all if it isn't in the right place. I think, IIRC, that you're only meant to be aware of movement after about 25 weeks.

I totally understand where you're coming from though, as even though this is my first, I've felt movement since about 14 or so weeks, give or take. I'm wary of Dopplers though as I think it may be far too easy to get obsessed. But for peace of mind it would probably be a good idea.

Guinea, glad things are going well at home with the new addition :-)

Waves, I hope you feel better soon. It's really good that you're managing to get into a new routine and have lots of support as well. Good luck with moving further forwards.

Child, fingers crossed baby engages and you're not left hanging on with an overdue baby. Still time to drop and engage!

Gary, it's a milestone getting to 100 days left (less now!). Even if it is a bit scary! I'm 33+2 today, which is crazy! Baby B is clearly expanding in size nicely too as he feels like a solid baby when we have a gentle little feel :-) He doesn't half shove hard though. I swear he thinks he can exit through the belly button if he pushes hard enough! Ouchy!

Pineapple, as others have said, you may just have a nice petite baby. Not everyone has a monster baby!

Practising...I'm assuming you're a mummy now. I hope it all went well and you're back to update us soon :-)

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone. I've been so busy finishing off at work that I've struggled to keep up.

The good news is that as of yesterday I'm now on 4 weeks' annual leave until mat leave starts at 37+5. So glad I've finished as my brain hasn't been in it for quite a while! Cracking on with baby's cross stitch now, which is very time-absorbing. I'm going to start the hypnobirthing book / DVD which tired gave to me next week too. Looking forward to that.

Oh, we're hopefully touring the labour unit tomorrow, if it's on. We have to call at about 12 to see if are going at 2pm.

And we're booked onto an all day antenatal course on 18th May, which should be scary useful. DH's brother found it really helpful when things didn't go exactly according to plan when his baby was born, so it's good that we're going to be doing it.

Right, I should probably go and be productive and shower now, or something!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Phone is finally fixed and ive just been so busy! Henry is 3 months on the 12th grin hes just started and smilling late I know but they think he stopped growing around 34/35 weeks so he might be 6/5 weeks behind. Its sooo rewarding though!
Had a massive back date of tax credits so have ordered a new pram and changing bag will be here on tuesday.
Hope everyone is well!

notsoold Sun 05-May-13 00:13:49

Something it is lovely to hear from you and to know you are getting smiles from Henry ! Xxx

Mrsbri...thank you for your reply! As life goes in here I came home from Tesco and ds came to help and tripped over the front lawn and fell awfully close to a concrete wall. My heart stopped for those seconds and immediately afterwards the baby moved.
Ds is ok with his pride hurt and all is well.
What a day!!!

Hello ladies, may I tentatively join you please? Had 3 BFPs in three days definitely not P'ingOAS tomorrow as well and feeling v excited but not a little nervous.

MrsBri Sun 05-May-13 09:29:01

Yay, notso...not good for DS, but great that you felt movement again.

Hi Humpty :-) Congratulations! Welcome to the world of pregnancy madness.

Hi MrsBri - thanks! You all sound so experienced (have read all 23 pages) I'm excited to learn a lot more about pregnancy. And other stuff.

GaryBuseysTeeth Sun 05-May-13 21:28:51

Congratulations Humpty!! I POAS for about 2 weeks after getting a 1st bfp so you're in fantastic crazy company!

Hope DS isn't too shaken/embarrassed notso! I'll give you a <hooya> as I've not done one for a while grin
Although it can be alarming when you can't feel the movement after being used to it, I've just started (26wks) wearing my counthekicks band...I find having a few cold cans of Pepsi in the fridge helps me feel a little better!

Congrats on leave MrsBri! How did the tour go?

((waves)) you're doing so well (not condescending, actual awe!), have you had GD before? Hope the GTT doesn't make you feel even more sick.

Child, Ds was 4/5ths engaged from about 32wks...still didn't stop him fighting induction at 39wks, so hope you don't go overdue, tis no fun being pregnant in this heat!

Good to hear from you something! Glad DS2 is coming along well, how is DS1 coping with the change?
How are you feeling? How's the scar?

I look forward to seeing your name change practising! Coveredinbabysickparent perhaps? grin

MrsBri Sun 05-May-13 21:59:22

Hi Gary!

What's a count the kicks band? Sounds interesting.

The tour was good. Nice to see where the action will take place, though also a bit nerve racking. Rattling towards term at speed!!

Pineapple80 Sun 05-May-13 22:33:59

Hi all!

A big welcome Humpty! smile

Good to see you Gary!!

Notso - so glad to hear baby is kicking again smile

MrsBri - thanks. We are also doing our hospital tour tomorrow night along with the start of
Childbirth classes! I'm looking forward to them. 33+1 today and still can't believe how time has flow ...grin

Our nursery furniture and all baby stuff we bought yes delivered today! Very excited. Then DH will have the task of assembly grin.

3 wks left of work for me. I have mixed feelings about it but am quite excited about the pending arrival of our baby.

Monday morning here in Oz and I'd better go and get ready to leave for work! Take care and have a good week (ooh and bank holiday weekend for u all in uK!!) ahead x

Practisingparent Mon 06-May-13 09:20:00

Hi all. Well it's been a hell of a weekend. Went in on Friday to start my induction. Cervix really posterior and shut tight! Had all 3 pessaries which produced painful and regular contractions but made no difference to cervix what so ever before fizzling out again. After complete failure of induction, I was pretty worn out, dissapointed and fed up and was told I could either go home, and wait a few more days for another iinduction or have a c section! I would never normally consider a c section but thought that in the circumstances ( failed induction, not even slight changes to cervix, possibly another failed induction in 3 days anyway and then enforced c section anyway) that I would make the choice myself and see my baby now rather than going thru more trauma. I hope this all makes sense, I still have to keep justifying this decision in my head! Any way really glad cos I have a lovely 9llb 15oz son who has made everything worthwhile even if my nipples and tummy are now sore!

Good to have some newbies to replace me, it's a strange yet wonderful journey! Good luck child, it won't be long now! Best of luck for more favorable cervixes than mine all round!grin

StuckOnARollercoaster Mon 06-May-13 10:18:33

Congrats practicing!
Enjoy your snuggles with your little or should I say big boy! Sounds like a cs was the right decision to make.

MrsBri Mon 06-May-13 10:43:44

Congratulations, practising! And what a fantastic size :-)

So pleased for you. :-)

Is it Child next then?

Pineapple80 Mon 06-May-13 11:29:38

Congrats Practising!!! Welcome to your new DS smile !

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 06-May-13 12:19:59

Congratulations Practising!! What a bonny bairn!
Sorry the induction didn't work out, such tiring crap...I wince at the idea of pushing out such a big boy so it sounds like you made the best choice & hope you're recovering well...are you back home?
Hope you're enjoying the newborn hugs!

countthekicks sell bands to wear (little cheap plastic things like the helpforheroes bracelets) with a slide on...it's just a little way to remind yourself if you've had enough 'normal' movements in one day. Very helpful if you're not drinking enough in this heat!

Pineapple, hope DH enjoys putting the furniture together & it looks lovely!

MrsBri, it seems to drag & drag but before you know it you're full term!
I think being pregnant over 2 years makes it worse? With DS I was 'only' pg Mar-Dec but being pg from Nov-Aug just seems longer, if you see what I mean?

This thread is not accepting new messages.