Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

WingDefence Tue 05-Mar-13 22:17:17

And waves, I'm so glad finally seem to be getting some proper bloody care. If this ends up working I'd complain and ask why on earth they didn't do this weeks ago, especially considering the effects it has on your children etc etc angry

Rockchick1984 Wed 06-Mar-13 08:29:29

Delurking as per Wing's instructions smile just to say I've got a scan tomorrow (8 weeks) so if all goes well and there's a heartbeat I'm telling people and actually accepting I'm pregnant but very nervous about it all!

How are you feeling now waves?

WingDefence Wed 06-Mar-13 09:29:53

Ooh good luck for tomorrow rockchick! Don't forget to update us too smile

WingDefence Wed 06-Mar-13 09:30:54

And good luck today Persuasion, well done on your scan Hooya and Guinea I am dense - I didn't realise how soon you are due behind me!

How exciting grin

tiredteddy Wed 06-Mar-13 12:54:47

Good luck Persuasion and Rockchick with your scans today.

News at the teddy house is that Fern is smiling, too cute! smilegrin

Dysgu Wed 06-Mar-13 22:47:05

Waves how awful - fingers crossed that you wake up soon and are feeling better. Must be awful to be nearly half way through and still feeling so bad all the time. At least you get to go home but being at the hospital each day must still be a nuisance.

Something love the picture of your two boys together on FB! Henry still looks tiny - but o course, they don't feel tiny when they are coming out!

Rockchick good luck for the scan tomorrow. More crossed fingers.

Child and wing I too have no stretch marks - from this PG or previous two. People are telling me I look bigger this time (although MW says I am not and am pretty much the same size as I was at this stage last time). I have not used oil at all this time - DP used it a lot during my last to PGs. All it has done this time is sit on the window sill and i have thought about using it - luckily it is the thought that counts. Sorry to those who do have stretch marks - I am not sure there is anything you can really do about them if you are genetically predisposed to getting them.

Dysgu Wed 06-Mar-13 22:57:09

Sorry tired how lovely that Fern is smiling - what a great milestone!

I have seen 3 little babies today - two of them were only born on Friday (and were at the children's centre) and the other one was somewhere out and about (baby brain means I cannot recall whose it was) but she was a couple of months old and smiling hugely smile

Seeing the babies kind of brings it home that this is all real...

I am 33 weeks today so a week past arrival time of DD1 but still 10 days away from DD2. I am constantly waiting for waters to break but I know it might not happen for a few weeks yet. I am so much more anxious about this DC than either of the others so just want it to arrive - but not too soon IYKWIM. Generally I am very chilled and laid back but I am, once again, finding this end of the PG hard - just like the early days.

This evening I have written an outline of a birth plan using the NHS choices form to have an idea of what to include - never done one before. I went to a relaxation and breathing class today too. Am seeing lactation MW next week to organise plan to breastfeed. Finally had my whooping cough jab which was postponed yesterday as computers went down in the surgery (all fine so far). Washed and dried all baby clothes. Bedding, muslins etc drying now (but should I iron.... not even sure where the iron is? blush

And have written a (final) shopping list of stuff to buy tomorrow before I pack my hospital bag(s):

- witch hazel (to put on maternity pads to ease post natal peeing)
- raspberry leaf capsules (to prepare cervix - but need to check these...)
- fenugreek capsules (to aid milk flow - plan is to start pumping at 36b weeks if baby has not arrived to build supply)
- fennel tea (to aid milk flow)
- vaseline (to put on baby bum to make early nappies easy to change!)

Then I think I am ready...

Dysgu Wed 06-Mar-13 22:59:58

- lidded nappy bucket and tea tree oil (to store dirty nappies before laundry)

tiredteddy Wed 06-Mar-13 23:04:29

Dysgu that planning is fab! Maybe arnica to take after the birth? I found it really helped. I hope baby stays in for you for a few more weeks. Three is lovely.

Dysgu Wed 06-Mar-13 23:55:39

- arnica (added to list to help with bruising) - although I may call the clinic as we have a doctor who will write a prescription for a homeopathic kit (so you get about £200 of stuff free - yes, will do that in the morning and see what they say!)

Pineapple80 Thu 07-Mar-13 01:34:19

Hello all, good luck with those having scans, looking forest to hearing how it all went.

Pineapple80 Thu 07-Mar-13 01:43:24

Oops pressed post too fast!

Wanted to ask (probably already discussed, sorry!) when you've started buying the bigger baby stuff, like buggy, nursery furniture, cot etc? Realise now that some of it may take time to order into stores... I'm 24+4 today and I guess it's almost time to start shopping? We really wanted to start once DH starts working but as u know we have done the big move from UK back to Oz recently and still establishing ourselves at new home and with work. I am working but DH hasn't found a job yet. This is really stressing him out. I'm sure it will happen soon but the stress of it all is evident on him poor thing sad. So much pressure on the guys, which is tough. Luckily I am working till may and hoping some good luck comes our way soon. envy

Anyway back to my original q about when to start buying stuff...any advice would be great! This is our 1st baby so we have nothing at the moment. Very exciting there will be more babies born here in the next few weeks! smile

Rockchick1984 Thu 07-Mar-13 07:42:17

Pineapple it depends where you're getting things from really as to when you should buy them. Some prams have a waiting list, so worth choosing ASAP so that if you need to wait you will still get the one you want in time; things like cot and furniture generally not so long. Places like mothercare do a payment plan so you can pay them off gradually but know you're stuff is ordered and waiting for you. Oh, an if it's a pram that you don't have to wait for, get it as late as possible as the warranty is valid from when you buy it not when you start using it so if anything goes wrong it'll be covered by the guarantee (more common than you'd think).

Kittenkatzen Thu 07-Mar-13 07:52:41

Good luck for the scan today rock!

pineapple we've bought quite a bit already in the sales, including the pram. The warranty point that rock just made didn't even cross my mind though and it's a good point confused

WingDefence Thu 07-Mar-13 09:48:25

Dysgu, keep going and see if you can beat DD2's arrival time - your pregnancies have got longer each time so this one may arrive at 35wks-ish?!

Not heard of a lactation MW - the bfing session I went to as part of the ANCs was next to useless really and I'm not sure if there's a bfing cafe or drop-in groups around here. I'll see how it goes anyway.

I've still not packed my hospital bag, which I know I need to do even if I'm planning a home birth. You are v lucky to get all that stuff on prescription! I've got some of that on my shopping list for when I go off on ML but will add a big tub of Vaseline (already have the Sudocreme) and witch hazel. (I'd put tee tree oil down for cuts/stitches.)

Pineapple - wow 24 weeks already and I remember when you were trying to get your dating and nuchal scans booked around the time you moved! How brilliant grin

I would definitely start try to getting some of those bits. We tried to order new furniture for DS (wardrobe and chest of drawers) as MiniWing will be getting his stuff even though it's got blue fronts and Argos is out of stock which is a pain. Although the baby won't necessarily move into their nursery straight away, you will need somewhere for their clothes etc. MiniWing's are all currently in plastic bags and I want to put them away properly!

I hope your DH finds a job soon - is it an industry where there are lots of opportunities or are they few and far between? I read that Oz was in an economic boom at the moment (lucky you) so it shouldn't take too long?

WingDefence Thu 07-Mar-13 09:51:45

And I hope notsoold's scan goes well today too. I'm not sure if she knows where this thread is but hopefully she'll find us and will give us good news brew

notsoold Thu 07-Mar-13 10:48:23

Wing....yes I knew but was lurking as not to post all the time...smile

Just back from the scan. Pg dated at 6 weeks and fetal pole with heartbeat present ...I am so relieved! Thank you so much for hand holding and patience....

Posting from hospital so I can not name check. Thank you all again!!!

So so pleased notso

I had a bit of a bleed yesterday evening so off to gp later, have also spoken to midwife who said she will get me a scan if I don't get anywhere with gp, bloody worrying business this having a baby lark!

notsoold Thu 07-Mar-13 11:02:25

Blondies....take care hun. I hope gp sort a scan asap for your peace of mind!!! Xxx

So pleased to hear that notso.

I'm on my first day of day patient care, all ok so far, just have to sit here for 3 hours whilst the fluids go through. Only a week til my scan now, can't wait for that.

WingDefence Thu 07-Mar-13 11:07:16

Oh brilliant notso! Hopew you don't think I was hassling you grin

blondies I hope you do get a scan soon to put your mind at rest.

And waves - how are you feeling? Are you keeping anything down yet and do you think this new care plan is helping? biscuit

StuckOnARollercoaster Thu 07-Mar-13 11:16:17

Hello all - like it when there's a new Fred and for once I have a bit longer to write.

notsoold that is fantastic news - am so happy to hear and that there was a heartbeat - hope its more plain sailing over the coming weeks than the first few weeks you've had.
wing I liked your countdown on the old one!!!
waves hope you start to feel better soon
pineapple good luck for the job hunt
dysgu fingers crossed your little one stays put a bit longer
something and teddy its nice you stay here - pics of your babies on FB are adorable!
rockchick let us know how the scan goes - its very exciting
I know I haven't namechecked all - but its lovely to read everyones news...

Well I'm now at 26 (nearly 27 weeks) so almost into 3rd trimester - still can't quite believe its happening!
We bought our pram and car seat a couple of weeks back - its an end of line one with a good price so I didn't want to run the risk of them all selling out. We almost had a wobble on the colours - I wanted the pram in red but the carrycot in black and fortunately we managed to get the last black carrycot! All is now delivered and as I am working from home I might have a bit of a play when I finish the jobs I've set myself for today (as long as I don't stay on MN too long!).
Our only other biggish purchase is probably going to be a cot - and I keep watching gumtree and ebay now to see if I can get a bargain!

Work has been mental lately - lots of travel but I had some great news yesterday. I work as a consultant but had been hoping to get into the training arm of a company I work with because I can do that just a few days a week or a month, whereas the consultancy work is always 5 days a week full-time. I was assessed yesterday by the head of the department and I will now be on their books for when I want to return to work grin It means I can do a bit of work and not lose touch with my industry while the baby is young/toddler, which should make it easier when I am ready (if I am ever ready!) to go back to consultancy work.

Last bit of news - midwife appointment today and bump measured for the first time. I'm spot on for size - was a bit worried that I was too big, but apparently not. Also nice to hear the heartbeat and confirm that little one seems to be happy in there...

notsoold Thu 07-Mar-13 11:19:09

Waves....I second wing questions ...and totally fx for this to work so you don't have to stay as in- patient xxx

Wing...ohhh honey.. I am grateful for your support!!! If you name mini wing after me than it would be a different story!!! grin

ChildOfThe1980s Thu 07-Mar-13 11:44:29

Great news notso smile You must be so happy.

Stuck You're just behind me. I am 28 + 2 today. Good news about your job.

Blondies how far along are you? Hope everything is ok.

Feel better soon Waves - you must be so fed up with it by now.

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 07-Mar-13 12:24:15

Bit late but congrats Hooya! Hope the scan was a nice experience & you didn't miss dildocam.

notso, big CONGRATULATIONS (only gave you a small one last week), so glad everything is looking good.

Blondies, will be keeping everything crossed for you.

Good luck today Rock.

waves, hope it all goes well for you as an outpatient, and hope you're close the end of it all. You're doing so well, you sound so much stronger this week. x

We're sticking with travel cots, DS was attempting to throw himself out of his 'normal' cot from about 7 months so he's been in the travel cot since then!
Good news about work & the bargain stuck!

<waves> at everyone else.

This thread is not accepting new messages.