Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Fri 05-Apr-13 18:29:49

Love the idea of using baby clothes to make a quilt Tired. Couldn't really do it now as I have given away all of DSs and DDs clothes so only DD2 would have one (gosh it seems weird referring to a DD2!)

Still having contractions yes - ended up in MAC again last night as I thought she'd flipped but thankfully she's still head down. As a bonus I did manage to scrounge some of the bedmats from the hospital which saves me buying some grin

Feel like I am not at all ready for my homebirth. I went in to a local charity shop yesterday and got loads of towels. Just washed them and they are drying as we 'speak'. I am hoping that DD takes this as an indication that she can come, though quite where I'd find the energy to give birth from I don't know - I am absolutely exhausted today.

The HB notes from the hospital arrived today and I have bought a very powerful torch, which was the only thing the HB midwife actually asked for.

Is it bedtime yet?

tiredteddy Fri 05-Apr-13 18:52:50

I know, it's too late already to make quilts for the boys however their bedroom is "where the wild things are" complete with a full wall mural, and matching bed linen which I painted/ made so I have made them things. I'm literally cutting her little vests and baby grows etc into squares ready to quilt as she's grows out of them. She really is our last dc, we feel totally complete as a family so I'm happy not to save things. It sounds like you need a good nights sleep. Glad you are as ready as you'll ever be! Not long hopefully x

Practisingparent Fri 05-Apr-13 20:38:29

Guinea You do sound sorted! You may be having contractions but my midwife said i MIGHT actually have an early labour due to my high risk status... hmmm, bet you still beat me! but it has my DH on major alert.

Tired Your idea for a quilt is lovely, but Im not sure how you can bring yourself to cut up baby clothes, i think Id be in tears. (That could just be my over emotional pregnant state tho)

Dysgu Fri 05-Apr-13 22:19:02

I love that idea about making the baby clothes into a quilt Tired - we too gave away most of the DDs' clothes but I am thinking I could easily do it with their clothes from now - they still have some lovely clothes and I expect Evan's will not be so cute when he gets bigger. What size squares are you cutting?

tiredteddy Fri 05-Apr-13 22:28:38

Practising. I am keeping some special tiny things in memory boxes. As I sorted out all the boys things I've made up a box for each child. Hospital wrist bands, first photos, first tiny clothes and special bits.

Dysgu, I've cut 10cm squares as that was the biggest square I could make out of the smallest vests! I'm going for the bright things rather than white based items as then I hope the quilt will last her a long time. I'm hoping make it big enough to go on a toddler bed and then it could be used as a throw on a big bed. I'm quite crafty but never done a quilt before. I think I need interfacing as the majority of things are going to be jersey fabrics. Have you made one before?

LadyFlumpalot Fri 05-Apr-13 22:45:32

Hullo! Haven't had a chance to read up very far I'm afraid, but I hope everyone is doing well.

Had 16 week check this morning and heard the heartbeat! Was very strong and loud. The midwife suggested I record it on my phone as well.

On the down side, I appear to have SPD.

Hooya Sat 06-Apr-13 04:14:46

Hello ladies - thank it's the weekend!

Kitten glad your cold is on the way out! Re bras I wish I'd had positive experience with non underwired like MrsBri but I haven't - have bought a couple from M&S and Elle McPherson (which are quite pretty) but I can't actually bring myself to wear them outside - I'm about 32E or 34DD at the moment and I just feel the non wired ones flatten me out and make me look even more porky... I have instead opted for wired ones but in a 34 or 36 instead of 32 so they are comfier...

Stuck I wish I had your crafty skills for making lovely baby stuff! I am getting good at online shopping, does that count? blush

Guinea so exciting! What's the torch for - is it in case of powercut, or for the midwife to get a really good look at your fanjo? grin

Lady sorry about SPD, is it really painful?

My exercise DVDs have arrived... means I have to start doing exercise, doesn't it? I have gained 6.5 kilos which is awful so I really need to sort it out before I become a blimp in a wrap dress!

MrsBri Sat 06-Apr-13 08:07:34

Hooya, I gained quite fast, but it has evened out since! I'm all front, so from behind I'm not really pregnant, though now bump is spreading width ways, this illusion won't continue much longer! :-/

I'm doing a cross stitch for Baby B. As creative as I get, sadly. I love the idea of making something more, but I know my limits. (Anyone else picturing Harry Enfield there?!)

My bras are from Mothercare and I'm very impressed!

And the torch is for fanjo viewing, yes...I've been subjected to an industrial torch at Ormskirk both times I've had bleeding. Midwife holds torch, Dr goes in. Dignified!

Kittenkatzen Sat 06-Apr-13 09:26:19

gringrin At the mental image of midwife wielding enormous floodlight style torch while doc prepares to "go in" hahaha!!

Loving all the talk of quilts, such a gorgeous idea...my sister made one for our brother's DS so maybe I'll steal the idea and ask her to do the same for us!

lady hurrah for hearing the heartbeat but boo to SPD. Have you had it checked out yet?

I'll try a few different bra styles on then and see what feels best. TBH I've never worn non-wired due before due to the flattening issue hooya mentioned, so I am a bit biased but will remain open minded and see what works! I was a 36D pre-preg so am dreading getting measured again!!

Off to watch DH go zorbing today - cant decide whether to be jealous or thankful that I can't partake!

MrsBri Sat 06-Apr-13 10:20:05

It was exactly like that, Kitten! The torch was one of those that needs a massive, rectangular / cuboid battery. The kind you buy from B&Q :-) Proper industrial thing...we had a laugh with the midwife about it!

My DH loves my increasing boobs...I do keep reminding him they aren't for his benefit. No leaking here yet though. Surely that happens soon? I'm 29+2 today.

LadyFlumpalot Sat 06-Apr-13 16:43:36

Please excuse the crass-ness but the SPD feels like someone has kicked me right between my legs. It aches and feels bruised if I walk around or stand for a while. I don't feel it while moving, but when I stop it starts to ache.

The midwife said to call if it gets worse and they'll put me in for maternity physio.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Sat 06-Apr-13 23:48:28

Some women never get pregnancy leakage mrsbri - others get loads, both is normal!

Sorry you're suffering lady I had spd/pgp with DD1 and was in agony. I ended up on crutches. Went to see the physio who was useless and in desperation ended up seeing a chiropractor - she was a MIRACLE worker. I went from barely being able to walk to practically pain free in about 2 weeks. I haven't had it this time but have been with other pregnancy niggles and this chiropractor was just as magic effective. I HIGHLY recommend them! Also ice can help.

My torch is industrial sized! DH is concerned he's going to end up holding it for the midwife and seeing far more than he bargained for grin !

Pineapple80 Sun 07-Apr-13 06:32:59

Lady - I hope your SPD doesn't get worse, sounds awful. I have it also but think it is on a minor level. Can feel the soreness between the legs too and especially if I stand on one leg getting dressed etc.

MrsBri - I have also wondered about boobs & leakage lately... None here to report for me! Enjoying increase in boobage though, had smaller ones before becoming pg, so it's a bit of a novelty grin.

Lazy weekend over here! Went and did some swimming yesterday which was lovely. Have not fit in much exercise lately but trying to go for walks and swim more often. Officially in 3rd trimester now, can't believe it. Time has really flown!

Have. A lovely Sunday ladies smile

Hello lovely ladies just back from my 12week scan, all looking lovely! smile

Baby was perfectly positioned, bang on for measurements, DH pleased as anything that he could see it stretching and wiggling around. Very happy after the mmc last year!

MrsBri Mon 08-Apr-13 12:08:25

Excellent news, blondies :-)

Are you allowing excitement now?

Think I'm still in shock! Still doesn't seem real, only people I've told in rl is my sister, best friend and 2 people at work, thinking at the mo that we will wait a couple of days (in case of high risk test results) then tell DD's and let them tell everyobe else grin (me copping out much!)

Rockchick1984 Mon 08-Apr-13 14:40:04

Hi ladies, I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you all - been for 12 week scan and have had a MMC - baby stopped growing at 8 weeks just after we had a scan and saw the heartbeat sad

I'm so sorry Rockchick I've been posting on the threads all happy and you have had such bad news sad I had a mmc and erpc following 12 wk scan last June, so if there's any advice or anything I can do let me know xx

WingDefence Mon 08-Apr-13 14:46:26

<delurks>

Rockchick that's terribly sad sad Hope you get back on the JSing wagon when you and your OH feel able too and you get another BFP in due course xx

Rockchick1984 Mon 08-Apr-13 14:56:10

Don't worry Blondies I'm made up for you that your scan went well! I'm trying to be quite philosophical about it all - I've had a normal pregnancy and healthy baby previously so there is obviously a reason why this hasn't worked out and I have to believe it is for the best.

MrsBri Mon 08-Apr-13 14:58:51

Oh no, Rockchick, I'm so sorry.

It sounds like you're trying to be philosophical about it.

I really hope we see you back here very soon. <hugs>

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 08-Apr-13 15:13:40

I'm so sorry for your loss Rockchick, hope the next few weeks & months of recovery pass peacefully.
I know what you mean about being philosophical about it all, if you need to talk about it, here for you.
I hope to hear good news from you if you feel like JS again. xx

Blondies, so very please for you. I was around way back when you got your first bfp of last year, so very glad. x

LadyFlump, I read somewhere that marching instead of walking normally is better for SPD...I've been doing it (in private!), it does seem to help a little but sleeping on the sofa is helping more.

Pineapple, congrats for third trimester milestone!

Hope you're comfortable Guinea.

<waves> at everyone else.

notsoold Mon 08-Apr-13 16:01:51

Delurking>
Rockchick I am so sorry for you anx your family!!! Xxx

tiredteddy Mon 08-Apr-13 18:56:05

So sorry to here that Rockchick. All the very best for a speedy recovery and a happy future.

Threeblondies congratulations so very pleased for you x

Practisingparent Mon 08-Apr-13 21:09:28

3blondies congrats, good news!

So sorry rockchick, but think you are definately approaching it the best way, good luck for the future.

Lady Im glad to say Iv never experienced SPD but have heard nasty stories, how is it diagnosed? and does it always remain for the rest of that pregnancy?

I have started on the evening primrose oil, plan to get some rasberry leaf tea tomorrow, and am searching for castor oil for if I go overdue, but my pharmacy dont stock it! Also awaiting tens machine to arrive. Have high hopes for a slightly early arrival. 38 weeks on wednesday!

This thread is not accepting new messages.