Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

WingDefence Mon 04-Mar-13 21:46:00

Brilliant. At least this one won't take half as long to load as the nearly-full other one! grin

Dysgu Mon 04-Mar-13 21:49:19

Lovely new fred, MrsBri

I had my 32 week MW appointment today (but due to when she is at my local clinic, I am almost 33 weeks). All okay so we continue to wait and see what happens.

We had quite a chat about the possibility of me BFing this time... have never managed it before although did express until the due dates so DDs did get the benefits of BFing in the early days as it was all syringed into them.

One of the MW assistants is giving a 'parentcraft' session on BFing in about 10 days so I am going along and we are going to make a plan so that I have a greater chance of things working out this time - MW reckons we can plan for it to work even if DC3 ends up the same as the others and checks into NICU for a few weeks. So I am feeling rather excited about the whole idea - but know it will be fine if I have to move on to FF as on both previous times when my milk failed to come in...

Rockchick1984 Mon 04-Mar-13 22:50:05

Lovely shiney new Fred!!!

MrsBri Liverpool sling library is fab! If weekends are better and you are willing to travel a bit then get in touch with Kangarinos near Wigan - Rachael will generally sort a Saturday when she can be there and you can have a play with some slings. I got one of mine there and she's lovely! I'm a slingaholic - already bought 2 with a view to newborn snuggles despite me ready having a few 5 smile

Pineapple80 Tue 05-Mar-13 01:31:37

Hi all, just parking my butt on the new thread smile. Hope everyone is well.

MrsBri Tue 05-Mar-13 07:38:23

Ooh, good tip, thank you Rock :-) I'll tell DH and see what his preferred option is.

Hi Pineapple. Hope you're good.

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 05-Mar-13 08:29:38

<waves> Just marking place.

Dysgu Tue 05-Mar-13 10:07:25

Ooh sling talk - I have just found a sling library on the island that I have never heard about before. And I am thinking about buying a Joe and Joy wrap just because they are such a bargain price and it would be useful to have another wrap (with my other two) before I decide what else I am going to buy.

WingDefence Tue 05-Mar-13 10:33:03

I've just found a sling library near me (a couple actually) using this website

I have got a couple of carriers kicking around somewhere that I must dig out and probably wash that didn't work last time but I'll try them again. If I don't use them this time I am happy to pass on to whoever wants them but that might be in a few months' time? smile

Kittenkatzen Tue 05-Mar-13 12:29:29

Ooh, shiny new fred smile

Just marking place, now off to catch up on the end of the old one.....

Marking place too, and who would like to guess where I am yet again sad

I wish I could stop being sick!

Kittenkatzen Tue 05-Mar-13 13:58:16

Oh no waves you poor bugger sadsad I really hope it gets gone soon, it must be utterly miserable. How are your DCs coping? Hope you're being looked after and not too stressed about other stuff xx

WingDefence Tue 05-Mar-13 14:13:09

I've just seen your pic waves. And the ironic comment by one of your friends

Do they know why it's so bad this time for you? Does it always keep getting worse with each pregnancy? I daren't ask when the last time was you had a normal meal sad

Hooya Tue 05-Mar-13 14:25:55

Hello to all and shiny new fred!

So sorry waves, just awful, keep hoping you get through this soon sad

Had 12 week scan today, all brilliant, risk of Down's tiny, kicking about like crazy and we have an amazing video of it! grin

New fred! Suppose i should go to just mumming but it feels weird. This feels like home

Kittenkatzen Tue 05-Mar-13 16:02:25

something I think we should all stay here until all our babies have arrived and then decamp en masse! I think when is due early October no? So not long to wait haha

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 05-Mar-13 16:43:48

Wow on a new thread. I'm on my phone (in the bath) so haven't managed to catchup with everything yet. I'll read the end of the last thread on my computer later.

Been ill recently and had to have some time off work and lots of early nights. Thankfully I seem to be better now. Just standard pregnancy discomforts - hence why I am in the bath in the middle if the afternoon! I am working at home but sitting is agony for my rib pain so had to revamp to the bath and have now got lots of very wet paperwork, oops!

Hope everyone is well.

I'm coming up to 33 weeks and its starting to feel like the home strait. Got the home birth support group on Sunday and going to book my birthing pool. Will hopefully have it from 37 weeks so should be able to do the rest of my PhD work in there!

Teaching finishes for me next week - just 3 more days to go, yippee!

Right, must drag myself out of the bath to go and collect the children. Will catch up and respond to all the gossip later smile

tiredteddy Tue 05-Mar-13 16:44:01

Kitten yes please let's stay here and then decamp together. It's very quiet over on just mumming and I don't feel like I know any of the few that do post.

Something I'm still here and Fern is 7 weeks already I'm only going if you do too x

Im a fan of the going on mass idea!

Henry is three weeks old today and has gained 2lbs from birth!! Making him a whopping 7lbs 4oz wink

tiredteddy Tue 05-Mar-13 17:15:19

Something that's brilliant! Well done you and Henry smile

Hooya glad the scan went well and baby performed for you grin

Persuasion Tue 05-Mar-13 18:11:33

Hi all! I finally found you, having lost track for a while.

I'm 23 weeks now, have a follow up scan tomorrow, but baby is kicking away in there so I'm trying to to worry too much.

waves sorry you're back in hospital. How many weeks are you now? I hope it settles down for you soon, 'normal' morning sickness was bad enough, let alone what you're going through.

something I'm glad you're home with baby, sounds like you had a really scary time of things.

<Waves wildly at everyone else>

Hello everyone smile glad to hear positive stories!

I am spending tonight in hospital, have had 2 litres of fluids already and another 2 overnight, then 2 more in the morning before home at lunchtime. Then I'll be back here each morning for IV fluids and IV anti emetics. At least I'll get home each night, even if it does mean being at hospital every day, and I'll avoid the horrible spiralling into dehydration.

I'm 19 weeks pregnant, and looking forward to the 20 week scan next week. No idea when this is going to ease, I seem to be one of the very unlucky few who get Hyperemesis in the first place, and then it not respond too well to medication. I'm nearly 10% of body weight down now from my booking in appt, so once the dehydration is under control the consultant is going to plan how to start getting calories into me.

I did get a very quick peek at the baby today, consultant had a quick check and all is well. Still hoping to turn a corner soon with respect to the Hyperemesis, at this rate I won't remember how to get into the office at work let alone how to do my job!

tiredteddy Tue 05-Mar-13 20:09:52

Waves, that sounds like a much much better plan for you care. Nice to perk at baby too. Almost half way now. I'm still crossing my fingers that it magically gets better for you x

ChildOfThe1980s Tue 05-Mar-13 20:21:42

Hope you get all better very soon waves thanks

Great news [Hooya] smile

I am 28 weeks now. Eek, this is going quickly. I saw my MW today and she complimented me on my lovely stretch-mark free bump :D

WingDefence Tue 05-Mar-13 22:15:25

I like the plan above about us all moving over once our miniJSers arrive, or perhaps we can go in stages so we don't put off any current JSers who might want to come onto the fred -there are a few who may only be lurking anyway at the moment... Delurk, you lurkers!!! grin

Child, I also have no stretch marks, second time I've managed to avoid them. I think it's genetic as my DM didn't have them with me and my brother either and I've only remembered to rub oil into my bump about once a week so it's not been that! I see the lines of purple stretch marks the ladies have on ONEM and I am shocked - I'm not sure how I'd cope with those so sorry for those of you who do suffer from them sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.