Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Graduated Elderberries (thread 2)

(1000 Posts)
Cavort Sat 02-Mar-13 10:10:47

Oops, seems we ran out of room without noticing!

Thanks for the support folks, it's not the kind of thing you can talk about in RL! Unfortunately this lack of interest is not just a recent baby related thing. I go through phases of feeling angry then sad about it although this is probably the worst it has been. He will sometimes see to my needs if I've sulked or cried about it but doesn't want anything in return so it's not exactly intimate. He just genuinely doesn't seem all that interested.
Sorry to drag the thread down with my moaning though it's just something I'm really struggling with at the moment.

Cavort Mon 04-Mar-13 21:29:30

Aww Purple, and the pregnancy hormones probably aren't helping the way you feel. Yes you can't exactly moan to the woman on the checkout in Tesco about it but us cyber folk are always here for brew and sympathy smile

MotherOfCleo Mon 04-Mar-13 21:58:09

Ahh purple is he ok in himself? Or is he a bit down too? The reason I ask is because I suffered from depression about 18 months ago and I couldnt bear having my OH near me, I didnt like myself so I did know why anyone else would like or want me.

Oh cheers for the feedback cavort hopefully nobody notices the non alcoholic part wink or I have no cover story

Antibiotics as an excuse If anyone asks Mother? I wouldn't have thought anyone will notice what you're drinking though as long as you've got a glass in your hand.

Very grateful for the tea and sympathy, thanks ladies. You're right too, I think hormones are definitely making the situation worse than normal 'waaaaaa it's because I'm FAT isn't it!' smile

I'm going to try to be more positive tomorrow, I just hope for his own sake the washing repair man manages to actually fix the machine tomorrow or I might take out all of my anger on him and the poor sod won't know what hit him.

MotherOfCleo Tue 05-Mar-13 00:09:29

hummm I seem to have a sore throat coming on sad plus Im tired and grouchy. Oh and I was tried to be clever/efficient this morning and stripped the bed when I got up, put it in the wash while I went to work, straight in the drier when I got home.....get upstairs and Ive washed everything but the duvet cover which is sat on the floor...grrr. So infact I wasnt efficient at all.

On the plus side noticed today that my boobs are immense lol, that should please the OH. wink

MotherOfCleo Tue 05-Mar-13 09:02:52

whoop whoop todays line is as dark as the control line grin one week since the first test so you were right janey it just needed time.

Yay! That must be a weight of your mind!

HazleNutt Tue 05-Mar-13 09:59:02

Great to hear all is going well mother. Now, don't buy CB Digital tests if you can - you will only be obsessively peeing on them to see if the week numbers are moving up.
As for drinking, unless you will be buying rounds, nobody will notice that you have been holding the same champagne glass the whole evening.

We have some baby-shopping planned for this weekend. Well mostly to touch and try some bigger items like car seats and similar, to then go online and find them cheaper.

Yaay mother great news

janey1234 Tue 05-Mar-13 10:05:56

Oh am so pleased mother! I had exactly the sane worry - took ages to darken - but got there in the end. Hoorah smile

MotherOfCleo Tue 05-Mar-13 10:27:46

Yeah I feel much much better, to be honest as long as the line stays dark I'm happy, I'm too tight to buy the digital tests lol.

Cavort Tue 05-Mar-13 11:06:07

Morning all!

Great news Mother! I found I was happy to stop POAS once the line was as dark as the control so I maybe you can relax a bit more now. smile

I have braved the scales this morning at 23+6 and have put on 12lbs, which is well within the realms of what is considered normal by all the online calculators I can find but it still sounds like such a lot in my head. Especially as bump is still not particularly big and it's nearly a stone. I might have to go metric as 5.5 kilos sounds so much better. grin

I have ordered The Food of Love after having it recommended by a friend who wanted to BF but was struggling in the early days. She said it really helped her to get BF established. I think I have a naive it looks simple, how hard can it be? attitude to it at the moment but it sounds like it can be quite difficult. Having said that though, when I was my Step Sis's birth partner her baby went straight on the boob perfectly within seconds of birth so I could end up feeling a failure straight after the birth if our little cherub won't play ball straight away which is probably very likely.

I have also ordered a sling and a baby bath and I am currently looking at bouncers. I really hope we need all this stuff I'm ordering and I am not wasting money. I keep reading threads on MN about what new Mums found most useful with a newborn and I am trying to stick to their advice about what is worth buying and what is a waste of money (top and tail bowls etc.) but there's just so much stuff!

HazleNutt Tue 05-Mar-13 11:47:42

Which bouncer are you thinking about? The BabyBjörn Balance seems to have nice reviews.

Cavort Tue 05-Mar-13 12:02:35

I love the look of the Balance and I would much rather look at that in my living room than most of the other ones I've looked at, but DH insists we need one with a battery operated vibrate or even rocking function as he had a vibrating one when DSD was born and he absolutely swears by it being one of the most-used baby items they had so I think we'll end up getting one ugly monstrosity like this one or something similar. Not sure which one yet.

HazleNutt Tue 05-Mar-13 12:20:24

Or get the Babybjörn, buy a regular vibrator and tape it to the bouncer? grin

Cavort Tue 05-Mar-13 12:32:51

Genius idea! I think I have some bedroom toys that haven't seen the light of day for, oh, around 24 weeks so I could use one of them. I'm sure that wouldn't raise any visitors eyebrows. grin

HazleNutt Tue 05-Mar-13 12:46:39

well the ones that are sold as "back massage devices" should be fine. I would probably draw a line at something.. um..anatomically correct.

I might just teach one of the cats to sleep under the bouncer and purr - one of ours is a massive Norwegian Forest Cat, he should definitely provide enough vibrations.

Cavort Tue 05-Mar-13 12:52:21

grin Totally inappropriate but i'm chuckling at the thought of a big vibrating willy next to a blissfully sleeping baby.

BraveLilBear Tue 05-Mar-13 14:06:08

Afternoon all, just checking in briefly to say 20 week scan done, all looking good as far as they can tell. Measures bang on for dates so back to 'do I have huge baby fears' vis a vis my lack of faith in dates.

Less fun was the internal scan because placenta is close to cervix. Tho OH found this amusing... Til I squeezed his fingers. Very. Hard.

also got some mat work trousers finally, New Look, woohoo!

Will say hi properly tomo, but off work with OH so can't stay long.

Btw don't think I didn't notice the talk of vibrators... ;)

HazleNutt Tue 05-Mar-13 14:25:41

Excellent Brave!

janey1234 Tue 05-Mar-13 14:32:59

Good news brave smile
How was the placenta thing resolved ok?

Really, really laughing about a vibrator strapped to a bouncer!

HazleNutt Tue 05-Mar-13 14:49:09

That would be a good housekeeping tip.
-Why get an expensive vibrating seat, when you can just tape your vibrator to a regular bouncer!

- don't want to clean up after your toddler has been eating? Just get a dog, preferably a greedy breed.
(really - when friends were over with their baby, dogs were happily sitting under the table and hoovering up everything dropped. A lot was dropped. Zero mess)

BraveLilBear Tue 05-Mar-13 15:05:19

Placenta is 8mm away apparently, and will apparently grow away from cervix, so should be ok.

Is also anterior, so odd that I can feel baby Bear so much, but it's low down so I guess it's not in the way.

Plus today, Baby was head up and bum down... she was very unbothered by this tho, she said baby's moving all over at this stage so no need to worry. Strange that the advice is so different in different areas...

janey1234 Tue 05-Mar-13 15:57:42

Ours was head up, bum down at the 20 week scan, and think Cavort's bump was too. Basically, nothing to worry about at this stage I assume?

Feel ill with a cold. Do not want to be at work, want to be in bed. Moan, moan, moan. Oh, what I would do for a lemsip!! Still, had some physio for my bad shoulder on the NHS this morning, culminating in a very lovely 15 min massage (including pillows everywhere due to bump). I love the NHS!!

Cavort Tue 05-Mar-13 16:07:30

Good news on the scan Brave and yes, I am another member of the head up bum down bladder football club.

It's far too nice and sunny to be at work this afternoon. sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.