Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduated Elderberries (thread 2)

(1000 Posts)
Cavort Sat 02-Mar-13 10:10:47

Oops, seems we ran out of room without noticing!

HazleNutt Tue 19-Mar-13 08:23:09

Now, I know I shouldn't be complaining and so many women would give anything to be in my position, but can I just say that 9 months is too effing long! And I'm having a textbook, easy pregnancy. But still, it's not exactly comfortable, is it?

Cavort Tue 19-Mar-13 08:31:28

Brave I am reading The Food of Love. I've only managed one chapter so far but it seems good and has gone into much more detail than my ante-natal class possibly could. And it's quite light-hearted and funny.

My DH also asked if the first kick he felt was wind. Men!

Hazle I wholeheartedly agree. In fact it was already too long by the 20 week scan and that was only half way. And it's only going to get worse in the Third Trimester. sad

HazleNutt Tue 19-Mar-13 08:43:06

It's funny with the kicks - sometimes the little one is really jumping around, I tell DH to feel, he puts his hand on my bump...and DS immediately calms down, not even a flutter. Like magic. I just hope DH can keep the magical touch for later as well, taht would certainly be useful.

My OH seems to be avoiding going anywhere near my stomach, I think he's a bit freaked out by the whole kicking thing which makes me a bit sad as I thought it would be something exciting we could share together. As it is, I feel a bit as though I'm going through all this on my own sad stupid, useless bloody men.
I'm with you on pregnancy lasting far too long though, especially given that I can hardly walk already and it's only going to get worse as I get bigger, I just don't know how I'm going to manage so it's all a bit worrying. Doom doom and gloom, I obviously need more ice cream...did I mention I was having a bad week?

HazleNutt Tue 19-Mar-13 10:28:33

Ice cream helps. Until you step on the bathroom scale, that is grin

I am not looking forward to June, when it's likely to be roasting here and I'd be waddling around 9 months pregnant. Oh well, guess it's worth it.

Cavort Tue 19-Mar-13 10:36:03

I have reached the 1 stone milestone on the scales. hmm The only thing making me feel better is Beyonce's revelation that she put on 4 stone and got on stage 3 months after the birth looking fantastic.

We are booking a holiday at the end of October, which will give me around 4 months to try to get my shorts to fit. Sounds like a bit of a tall order, I will have to hope the BF stories are true about the weight falling off!

Purple it sounds like you need a big 2l tub of ice cream (Purely medicinal of course) grin

BraveLilBear Tue 19-Mar-13 10:41:28

Hazle mine usually has the same effect but fortunately this morning he was sleepy enough to be tuned in, and finally felt it. Usually though Baby Bear moves, opts for little kicks or goes mysteriously quiet!

Purple I thought mine was freaked by it too, but I think he just has his moments... and don't worry about it being your secret til then, I love having a running morse code commentary in my tum - I see it as it babbling away smile one of my friends said towards the end of her pregnancy she got really possessive and didn't want baby to come out because she would be jealous of other people sharing her bub!

I'm not that bad yet, but it's so normal now that I can imagine I'll really miss it. Have also started to pine for the fact that soon I won't have OH's chest all to myself to snuggle up into - I don't want to have to share it!

Now that's pathetic grin

I other news, morning sickness made a monumental return this morning. as quite a shock - especially as I now have a bump to navigate. Have been feeling very hormonal last few days so I guess that I'm going thru a spike. Bah.

BraveLilBear Tue 19-Mar-13 11:01:14

Just got off the phone from a midwife re the whole low-lying placenta drama. I'm fine as long as I don't do anything excessive eg bike riding, bungee jumping.

But I won't be able to do any organised exercise as they won't cover me in case something goes wrong. Also can't go on holiday as won't be able to get a fit-to-fly certificate. I'm utterly distraught. sad

Oh no Bear! That sucks, do you want some of my ice cream? At least you can go swimming and walking without worrying but the no holiday thing seems daft.

I don't own any bathroom scales so am happily living in denial about my weight.

BraveLilBear Tue 19-Mar-13 11:51:55

<takes a bowlful of ice cream from Purple's stash>

Thanks. Have now stopped crying enough to head to the office.

And I won't lend you my bathroom scales... they tell lies anyway wink

MotherOfCleo Tue 19-Mar-13 12:24:34

ohh did someone mention ice cream grin

On another note what happened to merkin? hmm

HazleNutt Tue 19-Mar-13 13:13:15

Just checked and she's on the pre-graduated elderberry thread, still not sure if PG or not.

janey1234 Tue 19-Mar-13 13:45:10

Poor merkin, I think she's in the hell of peeing on sticks every day and wanting darker lines/positive on all of them. It sounds OK to me with my non-medical background, but I remember all too well the trauma of POAS every single bloody day waiting for the sodding line to darken.... Fingers crossed for her!

I've put on 1 stone 2 lbs already cavort, and I'm a couple of weeks behind you. Waaaaaah. However I like to kid myself that because I'm so tall, so as a percentage of my overall weight gain I think it's probably the same. But I know that really is kidding myself, as the baby won't be that much taller/heavier too. I'm just a fatty. sad

MotherOfCleo Tue 19-Mar-13 16:38:15

I just saw that Janey, poor merkin, I cant really comment as I did the same to start with and freaked myself out. I posted to try and reassure her.

I will be the size of a small continent by the time I get to 20 weeks, I am hungry all the time, I get nauseous if I have an empty tum so am eating too much. Plus I want greasy naughtiness. sad I will turn into a blob at this rate! Need to start doing zumba again fmor something, I love Bokwa but its all jumping and Im scared stupid I know that I will mess something up. Id love to take pooch for long dog walks but the weather is craps which puts paid to that sad Any ideas? Please dont say swimming as the thought of me wrapped in clingfilm in a swimsuit is terrifying. confused

Cavort Tue 19-Mar-13 17:17:01

Oh Brave that really is shit when it's something so common which is not causing you any problems and is unlikely to in the future. angry

Merkin's temperature is still up so no sign of impending AF. I reckon she'll be joining us fatties over here very shortly even if her line is taking a while to fatten up grin

HazleNutt Tue 19-Mar-13 17:17:33

I'll hit the next person who tells me that I should be doing walking, swimming and pregnancy yoga grin

I haven't tried bokwa but from videos it looks fine if you're used to it - I'm still doing tae bo and bodycombat, haven't shaken anything loose yet. Zumba is fun too. Bodypump is very good, but if you haven't done it, probably not the best time to start. What classes do you have in your gym? Spinning?

BraveLilBear Tue 19-Mar-13 17:41:21

Raah I fear that swimming is my only 'fun' option left - but even then 'doing breaststroke' is apparently a risk as it stresses your pelvis and can create SPD/PGP.

May have to have a little booty shake to my Zumba vid in private if I won't be able to start any proper classes from hereonin.

Am trying to avoid all links that take me to the Daily Mail website now as the side bar is always full of some prego celeb flaunting it on a beach in a bikini. I was never much of a flaunter, but the idea of a bikini and bump amused me somewhat. Bah. Who needs a holiday anyway.

<pokes around in ice cream bowl for final feeling-very-sorry-for-self licks>

Mother if you're anything like me and most others, what you fancy now will have no bearing on what you fancy later. At one point I was down to just pringles and coke/lucozade. Now I'm loving fruit. And take the dogs when it's not raining - a long walk in the cold is great for burning naughtiness calories wink

Fingers crossed for Merkin

And Janey and Cavort if the average weight gain is minimum two stone, and you're well over half way and only just tipping the stone mark, you're hardly heffalump harriets are you?

<though I know it feels very different when you're topside of bump looking down and wondering what it felt like to bend down without wedging huge lump of flesh somewhere>

Panic ye not! Tis all normal!!!

Cavort Tue 19-Mar-13 18:56:10

I have to admit that I really don't feel like I have put a stone on. If the scales weren't telling me otherwise I would guess that I had put on probably half of that. But it's for the greater good so I'm not too worried. My only concern is my recent increased appetite - I hope this doesn't mean I will pile it on in the last trimester. I don't know where this preoccupation with weight has come from. Before getting pregnant I didn't give a toss hadn't been on the scales for years. confused

Brave can't you have a Staycation somewhere in the UK before BB shows up? Or maybe a nice Spa break? When I have been to Spa's there's always loads of preggos waddling around relaxing and showing off their lovely bumps. grin

HazleNutt Tue 19-Mar-13 19:18:34

I think I've just read too many stories how women pile up massive amounts when pregnant and are never able to lose them. Hence the weight obsession. Does not mean I'm not eating ice cream, mind. grin

MotherOfCleo Tue 19-Mar-13 19:34:26

Right back from chilly pooch walk smile feel a bit better.

My current plan is to walk the pooch and use our home rowing machine till around 12 weeks when I think I'll be more confident, then maybe, zumba, bokwa or aerobics. I was doing a hulahoop class at one point but not sure how that would pan out a few months down the line wink I get a bit carried away agressive in body combat so might leave that. I have a fab instructor I can talk to before hand which is good. I also have a gym by my work where I can try some new classes if I feel like it....even pregnancy yoga wink

I feel like Ive eaten really badly today but when I thought about it Ive had 3 apples, a cuppa soup type thing with pasta and a sneaky pack of crisps....not too bad really, dinners are normally pretty good so maybe Im not as bad as I think? hmm

I dont think a stone is bad at all, its all baby and fluid really so wouldnt worry, you'll soon get your figures back. Kim Kardashians put on 4 stone and shes 5 months.....thats more of a worry, but tbh its nice to see her looking chubby for once wink

I hope to see merkin over here soon.

MotherOfCleo Tue 19-Mar-13 19:39:24

hazle spinning is my idea of torture, did it once and swore never again grin

brave I second the staycation, we went to woolacombe a few years back and it is so beautiful! A spa sounds rather amazing too! I actually like the idea of a country cottage, with a pool or hot tub (with temp control), country walks country pubs ....I'm such a party animal wink

MotherOfCleo Tue 19-Mar-13 20:47:02

AF got merkin, feel so sad for her. I was so sure everything would be fine for her. sad

MotherOfCleo Tue 19-Mar-13 20:47:02

AF got merkin, feel so sad for her. I was so sure everything would be fine for her. sad

janey1234 Tue 19-Mar-13 21:06:06

No! Oh poor merkin. Feel awful for her hmm

MotherOfCleo Tue 19-Mar-13 21:09:30

me too janey, so so sad sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.