Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 hula hoops, daytime snoozes and booking in appointments

(982 Posts)
Iheartcrunchiebars Sat 02-Mar-13 07:27:57

Here you go. New thread...number 3!

Umlauf Mon 18-Mar-13 09:12:15

Good luck this evening Hayle! How are you feeling today?

After all my worry about symptoms going I was sick in my colleagues car this morning. Why is there never any warning?!

New thread here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1710767-October-2013-scans-and-starting-to-show

Haylebop12 Mon 18-Mar-13 09:09:47

I have a scan today, well this evening at 6:30pm.

10+0 today smile

Umlauf Mon 18-Mar-13 09:09:40

Ok new thread created!

CelticPromise Mon 18-Mar-13 09:07:23

Oh jelly I would be furious. Does he understand why you're upset?

Flyer I'm still running too, finding it quite hard going! Also training for a charity bike ride I signed up for before I knew I was pregnant.

Roll on scan day on 26th...

Umlauf Mon 18-Mar-13 09:05:19

Morning! Ill have a go natalie ...

Natalieand Mon 18-Mar-13 09:03:54

Wow we're nearly at the end of the thread I have absolutely no idea how to start a new thread I don't even no how to use mumsnet except for postin on our October threads lol xxx

Natalieand Mon 18-Mar-13 09:01:08

Have u calmed down a little now jelly? How far along are you (sorry terrible memory)

I think I'm about a minute away from having a breakdown lol. Dd is currently screaming at the breakfast table in protest against breakfast. I have yet another sore throat and have been awake around 70% of the night and now I'm getting the hump with dh cos he isn't asking me if I'm ok or how I'm feeling. It sounds rediculous when I write it all down but doesn't feel rediculous at the time. 2 weeks 2 days till scan day!!

Who has 12 week scans this week? Xxxx

pinkbuttons Mon 18-Mar-13 08:46:41

yikes jelly like everyone else id be fuming but think your looking at it the right way that hes excited.
Thats really rubbish about yor freinds too dunpling mine have been the complete opposite and hadnt mentioned anything... was starting to think.no one cared but told 2 close friends a couple of weeks ago and turned out theyd guessed but didnt want to say anything incase they were wrong and it would cause me stress as they knew we were TTC. Your best friends will be happy for you when you tell them and at least the gossip is real, although yes immature.
about 11 weeks today(maybe more from research scan) and have my 12 week scan today. Tummy has also popped out overnight confused not really hideable without baggy clothes. No weight gain yet but theres definitely a bump. thank goodness my scans early. Hope everyone had a good night!

HotSoupDumpling Mon 18-Mar-13 08:35:36

Frickin he'll jelly. Feel free to share your rants with us. I'd be effing and blinding all over the place if that happened to me, but then I'm a very private person too and also constantly have The Rage thanks to pregnancy hormones. Agree with other posters here that at least it comes from a good place (excitement about baby), even if it's misguided. And that after the initial rage, don't let it stress you out. I'm pretty sure all our DPs, however angelic, will commit major faux pas during this parenthood process!

I've been really annoyed lately by certain friends treating unavoidable signs that I might be pregnant as major gossip that they have shared with really close friends of mine. I wish they'd be mature enough to think that if I am truly pregnant as they suspect, then I'd want the joy of breaking the news to my best friends myself. Why would they ruin that surprise for me? Grrr. I would hope that we're at an age where we all have discretion and respect for privacy, as opposed to acting like the Daily Mail.

Iheartcrunchiebars Mon 18-Mar-13 07:04:56

I'd be fuming jelly but you're right it's probably not worth getting stressed over.

Happy Monday everyone. I've woken up after a much better nights sleep, no sickness and its lovely and sunny...and I'm having a baby yipppeeee! Have a great day everyone x

JellyCurls Mon 18-Mar-13 06:46:48

Thanks for support ladies have calmed down a little but still not amused. Have now had to tell more people at work as they are friends with DH on FB. Not sure whether more angry about being deleted or about him breaking our news without me, bloody hormones!

Today is a new day though so happy Monday everyone

chickieno1 Mon 18-Mar-13 00:53:50

So sorry Mrs Excited

cherrycherry41 Sun 17-Mar-13 23:08:47

"Oct 2013- This thread will get us to the end of Trimester 1... Just kidding!" wink

Haylebop12 Sun 17-Mar-13 23:01:17

jelly my dh did similar by writing a status about me being in hospital and the correct try name for the diagnosis so obv ppl but two and two together when they read hyperemesis gravidarum. Although I quietly seethed I understood he didn't do it to upset or annoy me so hoping your dp did the that too. To delete you first though is pretty mean.

Any ideas for New thread name? Something witty!

Bronzemoth Sun 17-Mar-13 22:47:29

You too Natalieand. Neighbours had loud party last night so I'm shattered

Natalieand Sun 17-Mar-13 21:33:26

I'm with u on that jelly I too would be absolutely fuming! I'm dying to share my news all over fb its killing me not too but I'm reigning it in until 12 weeks even tho its killing me only 2 weeks 2 days to wait!
I've told some of my closer friends too keep my excitement under control lol
Ps. Praying for a good nights sleep tonight!!! Hope everyone else sleeps well xxxx

roofio87 Sun 17-Mar-13 20:36:35

Jelly that's not nice. if you had definitely asked him not to do that and he has then that's not on. I would be fuming. but like others have said,its just coming from a place of real excitement. my biggest thing with Facebook is I want to absolutely make sure I tell people in rl before they find out on that so I understand if ur upset that that has been taken away from you! x

Btw new thread needed shock

Oh jelly im so sorry dp did that to you im sure it was pure excitment and not from a bad place but its still not on

Sal1977 Sun 17-Mar-13 20:33:13

Wow! Jelly, I don't really know what to say about that. I would be f*cking furious!!!

JellyCurls Sun 17-Mar-13 20:23:00

Can I have a moan? DH and I disagree on social media so I asked him not to put pregnancy on Facebook yet as too early (12 weeks) but he wanted news on straight after scan. Anyway, tonight I am getting congrat messages from everyone, turns out he has deleted me from his page and shared the news. I am so hurt I can't even speak

Sanjifair Sun 17-Mar-13 19:55:09

Hi Flyer, I am a runner, I ran to 27 weeks last pregnancy. This time I am 10 weeks and have been running 10-16 miles a week, nothing over 7 miles so far. My easy pace has dropped a fair amount since pre-pregnancy and I haven't done any speed work, just stick to general running. The general guideline is listen to your body, and run at conversational pace, if you can only gasp out single words then you are going too fast. And if you are feeling knackered then just skip the run, as I did this afternoon- I went for a nap instead!! I suggest you pop over to Fetcheveryone.com and look for the Fetch Pregnancy Club thread in the Forum, it's a lovely supportive thread where people range from having given up running completely to running up to and including the day they gave birth. Running in pregnancy is a very individual thing, you have to do what feels right for you, really.

doobeedee Sun 17-Mar-13 19:43:39

I'm a keen exerciser and I'm still doing my usual body attack and body pump classes but just with some modified moves if I feel myself getting too hot or breathless. The main thing is not to take up anything new and don't get so out of breath you can no longer hold a conversation. I'm a trained fitness instructor and have a good book on exercise in pregnancy so can look up anything if anyone has any questions.

doobeedee Sun 17-Mar-13 19:43:29

I'm a keen exerciser and I'm still doing my usual body attack and body pump classes but just with some modified moves if I feel myself getting too hot or breathless. The main thing is not to take up anything new and don't get so out of breath you can no longer hold a conversation. I'm a trained fitness instructor and have a good book on exercise in pregnancy so can look up anything if anyone has any questions.

RainbowsFriend Sun 17-Mar-13 19:36:04

When I was pregnant with DD I was suddenly unable to run even half as far before becoming knackered - at 5 weeks - and then morning sickness put a stop to any exercise by 7 weeks.

My ex SIL however was still running marathons (allbeit slower) at 7 months pregnant - I think it's a very personal thing...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now