Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013 hula hoops, daytime snoozes and booking in appointments

(982 Posts)
Iheartcrunchiebars Sat 02-Mar-13 07:27:57

Here you go. New thread...number 3!

Can I moan? After feeling really good most of this week am now back to feeling crap. Have been nauseous all day, and constantly burping and farting blush. And 34Pink - I'm the same! Have boots on today which are not tight, and have to keep taking them off because my ankles are all swollen and itchy. Can't concentrate - has taken me about 5 hours to do a report that should have taken 2, because kept forgetting where I had got to so had to start again angry. Ok, moan over!

Great news on the scan blondies

Roxvox it was me that mentioned the battered sausage - and it was amazing! They normally make me a bit boaky to be frank, but did the job last night!

Anyone got anything nice planned for the weekend and Mothers day?

terrifiednewbie Fri 08-Mar-13 17:44:04

Im just marking my place (rather belatedly as i suspect we'll be onto another thread by the time i get to check in again). i have only briefly glanced at some of the recent posts but just wanted to send sympathies to those who have had bad news of late and wish those who are about to have scans the best of luck.

tuckingfits Fri 08-Mar-13 18:17:00

Thanks all for the sympathy & empathy. I still feel dreadful & dreadfully sorry for myself. I've phoned in sick to work tonight,which is just so unlike me but I couldn't face a frantic Friday night of live bands & their drunken fans til 2am chucking out time. I'm in bed with yet another upset tummy,wishing I felt human!

HotSoupDumpling Fri 08-Mar-13 18:35:07

SO much sympathy tuckingfits and bowlfull. I feel really unwell too. Still going about my daily life, although unfortunately this means DH doesn't always realize how awful I feel. The frequent loud burpy retching soon reminds him!

And I used to love cooking, but now I really can't stand it. Whoever said up--thread that they'd bought frozen chips for the first time - me too (well, I bought them once before, several years ago). They were a revelation. I scoffed them in no time.

notsoold Fri 08-Mar-13 18:38:55

Lentil and brocolli soup with cheese on the top....that was my craving. Had to make some for dinner

Bronzemoth Fri 08-Mar-13 19:06:34

slippysnow I'm pretty sure your mum will come round in the end. There is in need never the perfect time career-wise.

JethroTull I'm the opposite usually I love chocolate but I've really gone off it and still have loads left over from, Christmas, Birthday and Valentines day!

We have decided to book a private scan. There is no availability to move the scan before our holiday and neither of us want to wait till 14wks! So fingers crossed for next wednesday. I'll be 9+5 so hopefully it will give us a lot of reassurance.

MrsExcited Fri 08-Mar-13 19:11:20

Rovox i also have my scan on 28th March, can't wait but am also terrified!

Topslou Fri 08-Mar-13 19:13:25

Whole lot of worry going on here right now. Red spotting and AF type cramps. Rang the EPU & got to ring back tomorrow & tell them how the bleeding is & they will book me in for a scan early next week. I know it could be nothing but very anxious & DP is halfway through a 4 hour drive so can't talk to him til he gets home or he'll panic. Just making some dinner & then off to bed to watch some trash tv to try and take my mind off it.

JethroTull Fri 08-Mar-13 19:30:33

HotSoup I know what you mean about cooking. I always cooked but now nothing takes my fancy & I end up eating toast, baked potatoes or tinned spaghetti!

One of the advantages of having IVF was that we got a scan at 8 weeks. Still, I'm counting the days until my 12 week (16 to go!).

JethroTull Fri 08-Mar-13 19:31:21

Topslou thinking positive thoughts for you.

Glad the scan was reassuring blondes. It is really good to hear good news. Slippy I am sure your mum will be thrilled in the end, I imagine it was just a surprise. It is a shame you didn't get the nice reaction you imagined though. We are telling our parents this weekend. I am a bit worried my mum will be underwhelmed as this will be grandchild number 4 in two years, but hopefully happy! DH's mum will probably be over excited enough for the both of them anyway!

I am really bloated still too. I've been really uncomfortable in my tights today and I think it makes the nausea worse so I think it might be time to investigate roomy maternity tights!

DH is out having dinner in town with friends today but I am too exhausted to go. He has been late home a few times this week and whenever I cook for myself at the moment I can only be bothered to make things on toast so there is a fridge full of food for healthy organic iron and folic acid packed recipes I planned just going off. blush

Topslou, cross posts, so sorry to hear about your bleeding. I hope all is ok. Take it very easy and I hope they fit you in for a scan really soon, if only to reassure you.

roxvox Fri 08-Mar-13 20:18:34

Sorry to hear you guys aren't feeling very well bowlfull and tuckingfits. I hope you get a relaxing weekend and start to feel better very soon.

topslou please take it easy. I hope everything is ok for you. They do seem to constantly say that a bit of blood can be quite normal. I hope you're feeling better about it all tomorrow.

I've just eaten a mass of cod, chips and battered sausage. Was scrummy, and the nice thing is that I won't be wanting it again for a while (that seems to be my pregnancy thing). I also tried Becks blue, it was a bit stronger tasting than I like, but it satisfied my urge!

Yay, mrsflowerpot, it is a pleasure to share scan dates with you smile. How far along will you be then? Will it be your first scan?

RainbowsFriend Fri 08-Mar-13 20:19:58

Well after my few days of spotting, the nausea is REALLY back, and the spotting has stopped.

Both doctor and midwife were pretty nonchalent and shrugged it off as "one of those things"

Hope everyone else is doing ok

Haylebop12 Fri 08-Mar-13 20:25:49

Sorry I hear so manynofmyou feeling rough. I do feel rough but compared to how I did feel I'm so much better!

Scan is booked 9th April, seems ages! I'm b

Haylebop12 Fri 08-Mar-13 20:28:52

I'm booked in for the Nuchal fold scan because DH and I haven't discussed it and the mw said it was easier to cancel that part at a later date then book it on as it will take longer. I know DH will want it and I'm not against it but unsure how we would deal with bad news.

Smitten1981 Fri 08-Mar-13 20:32:53

hayle your scan is the day after mine, I'm in on the 8th at 9am. It's gonna be a long month waiting!

Haylebop12 Fri 08-Mar-13 20:36:09

Gah I'm on the afternoon too as DH is working but finishes lunchtime.

Natalieand Fri 08-Mar-13 20:44:55

Sorry your parents didn't react how u wanted, my partners grand parents (basically he parents as they brought him up) didn't really react how I would have likes either even tho we have dd and they adore her and she said I'm nt surprised I knew it would be coming soon so thought she may have pretended to be happy. But as long as u and dp are happy that's all that matters!!

Anyone having a scan on April 3rd? That's my scan day xx

Sanjifair Sat 09-Mar-13 05:14:07

Fx for you topslou.
Jealous of those with scan dates, I called the hospital yesterday to ask and they have received my details but haven't allocated a date yet.
Should hear next week. Hoping it is the week after Easter. Am 9+1.
Still suffering early waking as you can tell by the time of posting! Still no MS apart from continual burping. Hope those suffering feel better soon.

Great news rainbow!

I was told not to expect a letter about my booking in until 10-11 weeks and scan after that so I still have a long wait.

Thinking of you topslou hope it turns out to be just one of those weird things that happens sometimes- quite a few of the ladies have had scares and been fine.

natalieand we're scan buddies! Think mines at 9.45 on the 3rd when I will be 12 weeks exactly. Glad it's in the morning so I don't have time to stress on the day. I haven't had any early scans and am more than a bit anxious about there being something wrong/nothing there. 3 1/2 weeks seems like a long time at the mo (sorry for those who haven't got a date yet, must b even worse!) Got a mw app the very next day, assuming to go through results of nuchal fold and blood tests? Making me worried already, why do we need a whole app, can't they just call if something is wrong?! Anyway, glad it's during Easter hols as DP is a teacher too and it means he doesn't have to tell them until we know everything's ok...

In other news, I was stalking the September thread looking at their scan experiences- I nearly cried, that's how hormonal I am... Can't wait now, and to see DPs face as I still think he's expecting to just see a blob! grin

Topslou Sat 09-Mar-13 08:44:12

Not looking good here. Spotting turned into heavy bleeding with clots & lots of pain. Emergency maternity helpline told me to go to a&e. They did bloods, urine etc but apparently not trained to scan me so sent me home & told me to ring EPU this morning & they'd scan me today. Have rung EPU & they don't do scans at the weekend so have an appointment for Monday lunch time & have to go in tomorrow for more bloods to be taken. Pain & bleeding had eased a bit this morning. Please continue to keep fx for me for a little while longer.

roxvox Sat 09-Mar-13 09:15:50

Really sorry to hear that topslou. I will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for you for Monday. xx

Fingers tightly crossed for you topslou try to put your feet up over the weekend, hope you've got lots of support x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now