Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 hula hoops, daytime snoozes and booking in appointments

(982 Posts)
Iheartcrunchiebars Sat 02-Mar-13 07:27:57

Here you go. New thread...number 3!

pinkbuttons Sat 02-Mar-13 07:46:37

Thanks for the new thread crunchie Im joining you. Although havent had the hula hoops craving here. just yogurt, at every meal smile

Morning! I did have hula hoops last week, I'm up for any salty crisps! I made my DH go and buy me Bombay Mix last night (on his was home from work) there was some in a bowl on Alan Carr last night and I needed some smile

Natalieand Sat 02-Mar-13 07:58:40

Found it :-) morning all

Sephy Sat 02-Mar-13 08:01:17

Good morning new threaders!

My first appointment at a hospital yesterday went really well. Its for some kidney issues that might make pregnancy difficult. Later on I'll need to be more closely monitored, but for now things seem fine, which is great. The doctor thinks that I should have all my antenatal care and give birth at their hospital, which is a really good one so I'm pleased about that. But it is over an hour's drive away, which seems a lot for DH to attempt with panicking me in the middle of the night!

How's everyone else this morning? Hope pink is feeling calmer an that you've been well overnight

doobeedee Sat 02-Mar-13 08:03:23

Morning everyone. I've not had the Hula Hoops thing but I do find myself wanting salty stuff especially salt and vinegar snacks. Last weekend it was Discos but I ate so many my tongue got sore!

Topslou Sat 02-Mar-13 08:10:21

It's all about the hula hoops here too. Good news is they are half price in sainsburys at the minute. I'm completely off milk & yoghurt, even the thought if it makes me feel sick. Have resorted to snacking on babybels to get some calcium.

Sanjifair Sat 02-Mar-13 08:12:31

Hello. Is anyone else showing yet? I had a doo last night and when I put on my LBD it was pretty clear there was a bump! I had had a big lunch to be fair. I don't think I showed until about 15 weeks last time! Was 8+0 yesterday. No one said anything but I did notice a couple of ladies looking and whispering! Floaty tops at work from now on I think, I don't want to announce until after the scan.

PseudoBadger Sat 02-Mar-13 08:18:02

Yay for the Hula Hoops! It's not a craving for me, when I'm dry puking in the kitchen sink like the last 2 mornings they are the only things that restore normality...

Morning all, My slightly queezy and hungover all the time feeling progressed to feeling like alcohol poisoning last night (ms, I haven't actually been boozing!). Feeling very sick but nothing happening, dizzy, shivery then hot, stomach crunched up in pain, diahorea and generally feeling rubbish. This time eating something and going to bed didn't help, maybe because i had had a really stressful day. I think that makes it worse. Better this morning but back to the normal queeziness. I have got a driving lesson this morning. I think I will mainly be focusing on holding in a wee for two hours and not being sick in the car.

Sorry for the mememe.

How is everyone else today? Thank goodness it is the weekend!

MrsZzz Sat 02-Mar-13 08:33:18

Hi Everyone,

I know this bus is packed to bursting, but is there room for a little one? Reading this thread has been keeping me sane with all the 1st trimester secrecy in real life and I really need to stop lurking and squeeze on.
Stats: MrsZzz- 30- EDD 5/10 - 1 DS- 3yrs

Currently lying awake in bed whilst DH and DS happily snooze away...

racheld33 Sat 02-Mar-13 08:56:29

Morning all, just logging my place on new thread.
Not had hula hoops yet, but have wotsits 3 x day!
Husband doing hoovering whilst I have my first bag grin

roxvox Sat 02-Mar-13 08:58:06

Welcome MrsZzz and thanks for the new thread crunchie!

I thought I saw hula hoops on my bosses desk the other day. I quickly realised it wasn't them but I still had to go and buy some! My aversion to mushy things seems to have died down, although I still prefer the idea of crunchy stuff.

Sephy glad your first appointment went well!

Sanjifair I have days when I am sure I look like I'm 6 months pregnant, but then 2 days later I'll be back to normal again! I think it's to do within bloating and gas that we get more off than usual when pregnant!

Orangeblossom I too would be worried about needing a wee! I would perhaps start off the drive with a comment about how you've just downed a pint of water/drank too many coffees 'which may not have been the best move' and then, if you have to stop, you can use that as an excuse! I am probably forward planning way too much, but being in a car when I need a wee is one of my nightmare scenarios for some strange reason!

I have actually felt fine this week except for the stomach cramps (possibly constipation related). Even my need to wee regularly seems to have improved., So, naturally I am worried something is wrong. We've got the MW home visit tomorrow so I intend to ask her opinion on an early private scan. I am so worried about getting all the way to the 12W scan, 3 days before we intend to tell our families, and then find out that something's wrong.

fish88 Sat 02-Mar-13 08:58:29

Blondies I'm also craving anything salty, which is odd as I normally have such a sweet tooth.

Hit 6 weeks today which sounds so much more substantial than 5+6! Planning on telling family next weekend for Mother's Day so not got too much longer keeping it to myself. Also planning on telling work not long after that as the nature of my job means it is already quite difficult to keep it quiet. (I think my team think I'm just slacking off at the minute!) confused

Morning all,

Thanks for the news thread!!

I am 10 weeks today and all symtoms seems to have packed up and left a few days ago, I know I should not worry as I am still really tired but I am. Panicing I have 24 days till my next scan sad

Fish88 we are telling our mums on Mother's Day too when I will be 8 weeks. That sounds substantial enough to feel "really" pregnant and the sprout picture looks more baby than dolphin by then.

char1eston Sat 02-Mar-13 09:11:56

Morning ladies.
Welcome mrszzz and thanks for the new thread iheartcrunchies.
Sorry to hear your news euro and sending positive vibes to everyone worrying at the mo.
Feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning as I've got a cough and dd was up LOTS in the night. Lucky dp got up with her more times than I did.
For my scan a week Thursday smile and it can't come soon enough. Meeting my family the weekend after and will tell them then all being well (mum knows already).
Hope you all have a lovely weekend...I'm off to buy some hula hoops!

Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Mar-13 09:12:59

Ooooh, shiney new thread!!! Thanks Crunchie!

Sephy if it's the best hospital for you, I'd plan on birthing there but on the day if things are progressing too quickly for you to go there you can always turn up to a closer one!

Sanji I feel like I'm starting to show a bit, but my tummy muscles were still separated from last time so I wasn't sure if that would make it worse? If you're worried then just start making a couple of comments about how you need to lose a few lb - suddenly wearing floaty tops would have got people gossiping at my old job more than gaining weight smile

Good luck for the driving lesson Orange

Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Mar-13 09:14:39

Oooh Fish is it your first? Get them cards saying "Happy mothers day Grandma* on them - corny but cute!!

Just had some brown spotting. I know that is normal but still a bit worrying. confused

char1eston Sat 02-Mar-13 09:15:16

Oh and sanjifair - I definitely have a pot belly but it's probably down to the amount of food I'm consuming that anything else! I wore a tight-ish dress to work the other day and was a bit conscious of it.
Definitely going to be bigger than I was with dd - she was quite a nice neat bump

Haylebop12 Sat 02-Mar-13 09:29:59

Just marking place. Morning ladies :-)

cherrycherry41 Sat 02-Mar-13 09:35:37

no bump here, lost a stone whilst ill in the past weekish, hoping not to show till after 12 weeks though! smile

8+6 x

pinkmoonlight Sat 02-Mar-13 09:38:04

Morning ladies smile Can't believe we're on a new thread already! Update from me is that there was no more bleeding overnight and the amount that I had yesterday was very small. Feeling more positive after my total breakdown last night, although still no sign of my previous symptoms. Going to go to the scan I booked tomorrow to find out what is going on in there! Have a good weekend everyone xx

Flyer747 Sat 02-Mar-13 09:44:11

Good Morning All marking my place too. I'm going for an early private scan on Monday evening as I really don't feel pregnant, hardly any nausea, boobs are fuller but not sore...and only thing I seem to have is a huge appetite, one day I crave cheese now I'm off it craving something else... I will send myself crazy waiting until 12 weeks so decided to pay. Have a lovely weekend everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now