Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leo or William for 2nd twin boy?

(5 Posts)
ScampiMummy Sun 03-Mar-13 19:35:01

Thank you for your views. I think you've confirmed my Leo concerns! Glad to have a shorter list now (although I like your other suggestions nextphase).

I think in my heart of hearts James and William are my favourites but am just worried they're a bit dull?

Love William. We have one (Bill. He's awesome.) Bill & Joe sounds good!

nextphase Fri 01-Mar-13 19:39:55

I too like James and William (tho I do know a few Will's).
I also know several Joseph's whose names haven't been shortened.

A couple of others I'd add to that list ('cause they are all names we considered, along with James, William and Joseph) are Oliver, Alex(ander), Matthew or Thomas.

Good luck with your babies.

Iseeall Fri 01-Mar-13 19:29:01

We have a william in our family and there have been no problems with 'willy'. William is well used as a name and all the Williams I have come across are always called William. Will, Billy etc are usually different names altogether.
I like James and William over Leo and Joe.
James and william are timeless and I think you know in your Leo and Joe are too twee.

ScampiMummy Fri 01-Mar-13 09:37:39

Very soon I'll be having my twin boys, but I'm really struggling with names. Our top two names are James and Joseph, but I'm dead set against having twin names that start with the same initial. So I'm looking for a name to go with either James or Joseph. I also don't want "twee twinny" names that rhyme or the like.

We like very unadventurous traditional names. So far our remaining short list is William or Leo (I really did mean a short list). However, I have "Willy" nn concerns, and something makes me wonder whether Leo is a bit limp wristed..... Also concerned that if we went with Leo and Joseph that we may inadvertently fall into a "twee twinny" trap of Leo and Joe (names with just 1 letter difference).

Would love to hear your thoughts and/or suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now