Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BROOKING NO ARGUMENT! we will be full to bursting with Springtime graduates all preparing for their sneeze births (part 15)

(999 Posts)
NewYearNewBoo Thu 28-Feb-13 15:14:26

Thought I would do us a new thread, I have gone seasonal again, but we will be so busy welcoming our new gradustes it will soon fill up, I am Brooking No Argument

ignoring the fact I could be sneezing on this thread

keepitgoing Wed 01-May-13 03:45:29

PS, I'm glad to maintain my 100% record of being wrong about the sex! Nothing like consistency...

BeedlesPineNeedles Wed 01-May-13 05:30:06

Congratulations boo & MrBoo thanks thanks

Are teenboo and toddlyboo coming to meet their little sister today?

I don't know why you need to be so secretive about her name, we all know she's called Roberta nickname bobby wink grin

TheLittleFriend Wed 01-May-13 06:18:00

Congratulations to the Boos thanksthanksthanksthanks

Enjoy your beautiful daughter smile

DinoSnores Wed 01-May-13 07:54:53

Well done. It doesn't matter what her name is, she'll always be Booby to us! grin Hope you are all having a lovely day getting to know each other!

Thanks everyone Beedle the boo boys certainly are meeting her today smile

Sorry for the name secrecy, there are people on mn who actually know me in rl shock and I haven't really told many folk apart from family so far smilesmile

GreenOlives Wed 01-May-13 08:21:54

Fabulous news!! grin grin I was certain it was a boy - <joins keep in the 100% wrong guessing team> She's just perfect boo, well done lovely thanks thanks thanks And perfectly proportioned too <growth scans are really not very accurate!> Looking forward to hearing all about your sneeze wink

keepitgoing Wed 01-May-13 10:37:51

Ooh was she not big?! When do you go home?

GreenOlives Wed 01-May-13 13:42:09

8lb 14 I think keep, so not small but certainly not in the same league as toddlyboo!

Just found out that SIL has had a m/c. She was also due in November but hers was planned. sad

keepitgoing Wed 01-May-13 16:57:03

Oh no sad sad poor her x

Withalittlesparkle Wed 01-May-13 20:51:29

Oh rubber, how awful! Does she know about yours?

Withalittlesparkle Wed 01-May-13 20:52:18

To paraphrase boo

SPD makes me feel like a horse has kicked me in the fanjo

SweetieTime Wed 01-May-13 20:59:36

Aw Bullets so sorry to hear that.

Sparks is this something that has just come on?

Am starting to worry about my lack of symptoms, only seem to have cramps at the moment and these come and go from after lunch and through the evening. Obviously I am just not sure what is normal and what is not.

We haven't told anyone as I want to wait for 12 weeks first. Only people who know are my guide leaders and children's centre. Guides need to know for activity planning and I'm doing a food course at cc so told them that my ms could potentially be an issue.

Withalittlesparkle Wed 01-May-13 21:14:49

It's been developing but I've been so busy at work last couple of days I just feel crippled by it!!

Sweetie how far are you now? I had no real symptoms until about 6 weeks, but I did get cramps, so I'd say normal!!!

Rubber, domt let what's going on with your SIL detract from your happy news but you will need to be rather delicate with her

Withalittlesparkle Thu 02-May-13 07:37:46

Ok so you can't sleep off the pains of SPD all it does is make everything seize up so you can hardly walk the following morning hmm

How is everyone else doing?

SweetieTime Thu 02-May-13 08:26:09

Poor Sparks is there anything you can do or take to ease it?

Do you think boo might be home with the new arrival today?

Nothing to report here. It is a lovely sunny morning which always makes things seem better grin

Morning ladies, Sparks I am sorry that you have spd, I think it was Olives and Little who also had it, they would be brilliant to tap up for advice. Have you got any physio booked?

Sweetie how are you and the twins?

We had our first night at home last night, toddly boo is quite suspicious of her, teen is completely in love (but not enough to put his computer down grin)

K is amazing, we had a lovely 3 hour sleep to start then managed blocks of about an hour between feeds. She is getting the hang of feeding too. I will do the birth story later. smile

SweetieTime Thu 02-May-13 10:20:03

Lovely to hear from you boo sounds like their is some settling down going on in the boo hierarchy. am sure it will all be fine in a few days. Little K is sooooo gorgeous, I popped back on fb last night to have another look blush She is so lovely. You did well there my love.

All ok here, twins are very well behaved at the moment. Not causing me any bother just as it should be. Although my morning cuppa doesn't taste as nice as normal, biscuits are ok though wink wink wink

Aaw thanks Sweetie she is just lovely and snuggly. I'm sure toddly boo will be fine, he is lovely boy!

I will try to get the, birth story done while it is fresh in my mind. I went in at 8 and was seen straight away, the mw checked me and said that my cervix was still quite high and thick so she would give me a gel pessary and would expect to have to give me a further one in the morning. She put the gel in about 9.30 and within 20 mins I was having pains, an hour later they were contractions, it came as quite a surprise to us all that one dose worked so fast (or at all really) by 8am I was 4cm but the contractions were 2-3 mins apart and really intense so I had an epidural. The placing of that went a bit awry and numbed my left side and part of my right pm we had to manoeuvre me onto my right to get a top up work on the right. I had a lovely relaxed afternoon in epidural bliss and was fully dilated at 3pm, they didn't want me to start pushing until 4 as they like to wait an hour to allow baby to descend. At 4.20 they were ready for me to push but my contractions had become spaced apart so it took a while, they gave me a hormone drip to improve them which worked and I delivered her at 6.05 pm. She delivered straight onto my chest and delayed cord clamping for me. They didn't tell me what I had, they let me find out for myself and I had to check twice that I saw what I thought I saw blush Mr b did some skin to skin time while I was stitched, only 2 stitches and couple of small grazes. I had a few issues with my left leg most of the night because it got most of the anesthetic it didn't come back to life until about 2am.

She is brilliant at feeding and getting into a lovely routine smile

Sorry that seemed quite a rush, posting from my phone while feeding, and I know what this place is like for losing posts, but you get the gist. My birth plan did say I didn't want an epidural, toddly boo was a lovely gas and air birth, I tried the g and a this time overnight but the contractions were so close together and there was not much respite between them I went for the epidural, once we sorted out the right side of it, it was the best decision I made!!

GreenOlives Thu 02-May-13 22:06:43

Great birth story boo. Sounds nice and calm and controlled - and nice to hear a positive induction story too as you only ever hear about the nightmare ones! Obviously its because you're a brooker! wink grin

I've just had some hard boiled eggs. It's been ages since I've had that and it was lovely.

SweetieTime Fri 03-May-13 14:18:31

boo sounds like a very calm birth. Hope everything is going well.

bullets I love hard boiled eggs, I have them in salad nearly everyday for my lunch. I am a bit worried about getting my calcium intake as I don't drink milk. Any tips?

Sparks how are the hips? Any update on how the nursery is coming along?

Still not having symptoms as such. Boobage very sore today though. suppose that is a symptom thinking about it wink

Withalittlesparkle Fri 03-May-13 19:15:25

Boo sounds rather lovely actually! So glad she's finally here safe and sound! Hope you guys are settling in well!!

Sweetie pelvis is terribly awful but I think work have started taking me a little more seriously now though, so I'm not having to run rounds quite as much! I only have another 3 err

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now