Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BROOKING NO ARGUMENT! we will be full to bursting with Springtime graduates all preparing for their sneeze births (part 15)

(999 Posts)
NewYearNewBoo Thu 28-Feb-13 15:14:26

Thought I would do us a new thread, I have gone seasonal again, but we will be so busy welcoming our new gradustes it will soon fill up, I am Brooking No Argument

ignoring the fact I could be sneezing on this thread

Oh Rubber how frustrating, something very similar happened to me, I have only met 'my' mw once in my whole pregnancy because of sickness. Brooking for a quick appointment and scan for you.

Thanks for the good luck, I admit to being slightly nervous absolutely terrified at the moment, trying to console myself with the fact I may be able to eat some chocolate tomorrow grin

Anyone for a hormonal, angry, nervous rant?? Read on sadsad

DH told me he was going into work on a short shift to help out before he goes on leave, he said he would be out at 9.30 and home before teen boo gets home from school. This morning he drops it on me it has been changed to a full shift 10.30-7.30 but he will be home by 5.30 as he is in our town (apparently he knew this days ago). He has just called to tell me he has sent out to another town which is a good 45 min drive away, with another warden so he has not got a car to get back angry He wants me to call his office and tell them I need him back immediately. WIBU to tell him to sort it out for himself, and if he ain't home on time tonight I will just go myself (I should add we have had issues with honesty regarding him booking time off/requesting shifts in the past) or should I just make the call, to say I'm f**** angry doesn't even come close right now!! (Or AIBU and hormonal?)

keepitgoing Mon 29-Apr-13 13:53:53

Boo, wtf?? Tell him to sort it out himself. Why can't he ring... Just ignore and have a quiet day. I'm sure he will be home on time. I'd be vvv annoyed.

Good luck tonight lovely, don't be nervous, third time will be a breeze. X

Thanks Keep I have sent him a round of F's and told him to man up, apparently he is trying to get home now. I have just had a brilliant chat with my DB, and he is going to kick DH's arse into next week for me going to take me and wait till DH arrives if DH doesn't get back in time. DB always cheers me up smilesmile next time I will just call him first.

ScrambledSmegs Mon 29-Apr-13 14:17:51

Oh Boo! Honestly, he can't stand up for himself and wants his wife to tell his work he has to be back? Maybe you should tell him that a phone call from his mummy would carry more weight <evil>

GOOD LUCK!

It will all be absolutely fine, so excited that you get newborn snuggles with Booby soon smile

Sweetie, my symptoms were what encouraged me to test. I was only 9dpo at that point (so 3 weeks due to short cycles), as we all thought. Except as we all know now I was actually about 7 weeks! And even at 7 weeks all I had was nausea and sore boobs, and that was intermittent.

TheLittleFriend Mon 29-Apr-13 14:24:37

Good luck Boo!! Xsmile

SweetieTime Mon 29-Apr-13 14:37:36

boo that is the last thing you need today, glad DB is there to support you and deal with DH when he shows up hope you are managing to relax and rest up ready for sneezing later. Wont be long now until those new born snuggles.

Smegs thanks for the tips but we all know you are the living legend of Brooking land. I feel normal today, no nothing. It is very bizarre.

I have rung the clinic and they have booked me for my 7 week scan in a couple of weeks. She is really funny the nurse, I said some people wouldn't even know yet so she replied "nah, bed would be still warm" grin maybe you had to be there <hangs head in shame>
She said to do everything as normal, SFF etc wink and I could contact my GP after the scan. I just hope there is something to see at 7 weeks.

Great news Sweetie it must be lovely for them to get calls like that.

Boo I don't know what you are whinging for, it's not like you have anything important planned. Oh hang on, YOU ARE HAVING A BABY! Glad he is going to get his arse kicked smile

He has just got home, how long should I stay annoyed for?

Sweetie brilliant that you get an early scan, I had one at 7 weeks and could see it's little heartbeat you will get to see 2 grin

or 3 or 4

SweetieTime Mon 29-Apr-13 15:32:41

stop it you lot

keepitgoing Mon 29-Apr-13 15:35:45

I would stay annoyed an hour or so, then assuming he's grovelled you've got more important things to do you can always bring it up again later

Sweetie that's just lovely! I think my doctor is just v conservative but it's hard to ignore him on sff when he's got us this far. Do you have enough drugs for the next two weeks? Am still so happy for you. smile

Just had lovely (unexpected) nap and feel much more forgiving now smilesmile

I know what is happening tonight, and why it is an 8pm start! I go in and they check me, if I am found to be favourable for breaking my waters I will be sent home to go back first thing and have them broken. If I am not favourable I will have the prostin (sp?) gel popped in and wait, they do the gel 3 times at 6 hour intervals to see if I dilate enough for them to break my waters if not I start on the drip. Easy eh!!!?

Not sure what I want them to find to be honest, I world like to sleep in my own bed, but I would also like to be there so they can crack on and get this Booby out. I will update when I have been checked.

SweetieTime Mon 29-Apr-13 18:45:45

Good luck boo I so hope they can get things started for you tonight

Withalittlesparkle Mon 29-Apr-13 20:29:57

Good luck boo!!!!!!

32 week check up with midwife today! I have PGP so came away armed with a leaflet!!! I also have white blood cells in my wee so waiting to find out if I need antibiotics!

Twinks is also really rather breech, apparently he has three weeks to turn before i have to 'start thinking about my options'

His heartbeat has dropped a little too but midwife didn't seem that bothered

Oh AND I've just accidentally spent £48 on flip flops and £70 on maternity clothes!!! Whoops!!!!

Withalittlesparkle Mon 29-Apr-13 22:32:43

Sweetie/keep sorry to move the what to eat/avoid back to this thread but I didn't want to hijack the ttc thread too much!!

I think you have to be sensible but too dogmatic about these things and you could just have an entirely miserable pregnancy stressing about what you're allowed to eat!

I've personally avoided mr whippy type icecream, but I did stumble a couple of times when faces with a KFC Oreo Krushum!!!

On the egg front, avoid runny eggs BUT if you absolutely must then go for a lion red stamped egg and you should be ok. I've personally had a dippy egg when the craving just really needed to be satisfied!!

Oh and it's ok to eat a prepackes Sarnie, IMO just go for more reputable shops! Boots meal deals can be a bit of a life saver if you're out and about!!!

Withalittlesparkle Mon 29-Apr-13 22:36:18

Oh and guidelines change ALL the time! When my sis was pregnant (about 18 months ago) she was told to avoid nuts, then when my booking in appt came around the midwife went through a list of things to avoid, she mentioned nuts, but only avoid if you have a nut allergy.... Well... Derrrr!!!!!

Oh and at about weeks I spent 3 days properly freaking out because I had faggots for tea, they contain such minimal amounts of liver but I still worked myself up in to a tizz!!!

keepitgoing Tue 30-Apr-13 04:46:20

Where's boo??? Am brooking she is having cuddles, though expect its a bit soon.

Re food, I think you can go mad really. I am avoiding what the Nhs say to avoid, plus green papaya salad, which they don't mention but is everywhere here.

But if you Google - nail varnish, waxing, veet, moisturiser - you'll get people saying there's no evidence, therefore avoid. And so I think you have to use some common sense too.

Brooking that twinks turns soon.

BeedlesPineNeedles Tue 30-Apr-13 05:39:23

Just popped by th check for sneezing action grin

(and get to know the place as I will hopefully be spending more time here soon)

Withalittlesparkle Tue 30-Apr-13 06:34:44

I had a text from her last night saying she'd had her first perrsary and was just playing the waiting game! I think booby is really rather comfy in there!!!

I certainly haven't avoided nail polish just don't paint my nails as much and I haven't grow 32 weeks of hair smile

Withalittlesparkle Tue 30-Apr-13 06:43:52

And beedle we have a special place set up ready for you smile just a matter of time

SweetieTime Tue 30-Apr-13 06:52:22

hope boo is ok

thanks for the tips sparks, tis a bit of a minefield. am off for shellac nails today, should I cancel?

Brooking that twinkle turns soon

Withalittlesparkle Tue 30-Apr-13 07:14:05

It really depends, if the place you're going to is well ventilated then you should be ok, but if like a lot of nail salon you're going to be enclosed and surrounded by 10 other women having nail extensions or similar then I'd avoid! You're nails are going to go mental anyway, so a coat of clear nail polish is probably wiser use of money at the moment

Withalittlesparkle Tue 30-Apr-13 07:17:54

Oooooh and the nursery is being painted today!!! I still have a bonkers amount of crap to find homes for but mrS is upping his game in the decorating stakes!! Paint today, new carpet Saturday then we have to wait for the furniture to arrive in 3 weeks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now