Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BROOKING NO ARGUMENT! we will be full to bursting with Springtime graduates all preparing for their sneeze births (part 15)

(999 Posts)
NewYearNewBoo Thu 28-Feb-13 15:14:26

Thought I would do us a new thread, I have gone seasonal again, but we will be so busy welcoming our new gradustes it will soon fill up, I am Brooking No Argument

ignoring the fact I could be sneezing on this thread

Withalittlesparkle Wed 17-Apr-13 06:56:57

Oh and heavenly sleep was achieved last night!! Phew!! Extra maternity pillows are rubbish though, by the end of the night they always end up on the floor!!

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? Sparks I am so pleased for your sleep, it makes a real difference smile good luck with the classes, I think most mummys make mummy friends in them, as well as mother and baby groups after the birth. I still can’t believe you are in your 10 week countdown, your pregnancy seems to have flown by, I feel like I am crawling through it, which is stupid, your weeks are just as long as mine IYNWIM hmm

Keep/Rubber how are the symptoms coming along? Brooking for you both that they are settling in nicely now (in a good way of course) smilesmile

I have been doing vigorous bouncing on my ball and walking lots, but booby seems to be here to stay. There is a stupid woman at playgroup who is due the same day as me, and rather than a supportive 'I know what you're going through' thing, she is one of those competitive Preggos sad when I mentioned I was probably going to be induced early she made a real scene saying it was not fair I was getting that when she had to go full term (like I had won my induction in a raffle or something), I saw her this morning and she asked about it and I said no they had delayed it as the reason for the induction was not a problem now (haven't gone into any details with her foghorn gob--) she started saying that she felt hers was going to come any time and she was certain to give birth before me after all and I was really going to suffer having to go full term now, and she pity's me --well it will come early if you continue to smoke through your pregnancy you stupid woman I just wished her luck and didn't engage with the conversation, she didn’t' speak to me at pick up time.

Also much excitement, I have ordered a new wardrobe (I have so much stuff the back and side is falling off mine blush) it is coming on Friday, so I promised Mr B I would go through it and get rid of everything I didn’t want, which I did this morning while toddly was at play group, I am not sure he will be that impressed, I am getting rid of a dress and a top, and they are both Maternity (dressy from Xmas) and the only things I definitely didn't want again blush I have in fact ended up hiding things in dress bags so he doesn't know I am keeping them. Also found many many a few things I had forgotten I owned blush. On the plus side it started me nesting again and I have gone through all of my drawers and found a few things I don't wear any more (yes some of that is also maternity) so it will be getting sold or sent to charity smilesmilesmile

wow, huge strike through fail, it was only supposed to be the foghorn gob bit then again on the judgy pant smoking bit blush not the whole lot!

keepitgoing Thu 18-Apr-13 03:53:00

Hi boo. I'm OK, feel a bit sicky thinking of food, but once I start eating I'm OK, so just force myself.

That woman sounds dreadful. You've done brilliantly to control the GD so well, it's not a competition, silly cow. And smoking? It makes me so mad when I think of our lovely amazing brookers waiting for their bfps. Grrr.

Just do the sex, lady. You might even enjoy it...?

Oh I know Keep she pushes her toddler in the buggy with a fag on, makes me angry

I am very very pleased you have some nausea smile in the nicest possible way of course!

Sparks how long left at work? Hope you managed another night sleep.

Withalittlesparkle Thu 18-Apr-13 08:15:51

Morning ladies

I'm afraid one night of decent sleep is all I qualified for sad we had some more bad news on yesterday morning and I'm afriad its rather playing on my mind. I'll post more on FB because posting on here would rather give me identity away if anyone else happens to be reading! nothing to do with twinks though!!!

Boo that woman sounds horrid! what is it with competitive pregnancy?! Theres a woman like that at my work, she keeps reminding me that she was early with her PFB and if I'm late she could beat me to it. She's 4 weeks behind me, so its seems a little unlikely but she still gets so much pleasure from it!!

Keep this is the only time we'll ever cheer that you feel rubbish, I found sucking things really useful (ok who read that and thought naughty thoughts) I had to have mints on hand allllll the time. and when the nausea hit I would pop a mint, but then it got to a point where mints were making me vom! its all about experimenting!!!

5 weeks today until I final pack up my desk!! feels like a life time ago!!!

Gah, why do women have to be like that? I like to tell myself that we are so good and brilliant they have to try to prove they are better than us at something smile even something we have no control over hmm

Been on FB thanksthanks

Sorry your sleep was a one off. It might not help you to know mine has been awful the last few nights, my hips are almost unbearable at night and when Mr B moves it wakes me up and I have to pee.

No real booby news to report, having lots of BH's but that's about it.

Withalittlesparkle Thu 18-Apr-13 09:58:44

come on booby, enoughs enough!!

We are actually awesome Boo, fact!!

I think I'll be ok when I've finished work, at least then I can get up a little later. Im not find the bladder an issue just yet, but I have to make sure its completely empty before going to sleep

keepitgoing Thu 18-Apr-13 10:48:17

BH - could it be labour? How do you know? Just the lack of baby...?

Five weeks, that's brilliant sparks. Also a summer ml and baby is lovely.

I don't get why everyone wants to be early, isn't it good though uncomfortable to be on time...?

Sparks, hope you're OK.

Withalittlesparkle Thu 18-Apr-13 12:33:12

keep ive been reading tons about BH basically they are a bit like contractions but not as severe or painful. you dont tend to feel them until late in your first and then by your third you can just tell the difference!! Boos an old hand at this birthing malarky!!!

I get 62 weeks off, so technically I get the majority of two summers smile cant wait! Mr sparks has assured me that once the nursery is finished he is tackling the garden to get it all nice for me to enjoy the sun, he's a rather optermistic soul!!

^ what Sparks said, they are just a practice for the real thing smile

62 weeks, no wonder you're so excited! And I do love Mr S's optimism, the same Mr S who thinks his paternity leave will be a nice holiday with days out grin

keepitgoing Thu 18-Apr-13 13:11:59

Omg that's crazy time off. But surely you'll be under a tree in the shade, baby kicking happily. Good mrsparks.

Bet with first BH you think that's it, but then the real ones come and you realise you were dreaming... smile

^ what Keep said grin

Really they feel more like a tightening at first, they happen/you feel them when you're relaxing but they are painless. Mine at the moment are getting I little more regular and causing some back ache at the same time but are still quite painless and not causing many problems. Just not the real thing yet. S

An Sparks I didn't pick it up straight away, but who you calling old??? wink

I have just had a lovely hour, had all my bedroom windows open, made a nest in the middle of the bed and supervised Mr B dismantling the old wardrobe ready for tomorrow smile then I got to Hoover bits of the carpet I haven't seen in years blush

Withalittlesparkle Fri 19-Apr-13 10:10:10

I retract yesterdays statement indicating that I thought Boo was of a more mature variety. I did not mean to cause offence. She is however currently brewing her third child so is slightly more experienced than the current cohort of brooking graduates.

Is that better Boo?

First class last night, current thoughts

HOLY CRAP I have to actually give birth!!!!

closely followed by

It should totally be illegal to expect a pregnant woman to stay up beyond 9pm!!

Was also informed that Im only allowed one bag when I got in to hospital, my packing skills have never included the ability to 'travel light' so I'm going to have to seriously rethink what I need to take with me.

I guess in truth I dont really need to take 4 pairs of socks (I hate dirty socks) and I can probably miss out half of the billion maternity pads I've included.

My sisters reaction was 'just buy a bigger bag' bahahaha pretty sure thats cheating!!

Much better thank you ( boo feeling sensitive much?? grin)

I have actually packed 2 bags, I have one for while I'm in labour which has what I will give birth in, shower stuff and clean PJ's pants and pads, first little outfit, nappy blanket for booby plus what I want to use in labour (I pod, kindle, lip balm) plus other bits (slippers, snacks etc)

Then I have packed a ward bag with everything else I need after delivery, to leave in the car and DH will bring it in when I need it.

keepitgoing Fri 19-Apr-13 10:45:23

That's what I was going to say sparks. Or will it be like Ryanair and has to fit in one of those metal boxes smile

Listen to oh-so-experienced boo and divide your stuff in two.

Dh is doing loads of research on birth and how to stretch things bleurgh or some stuff. I told him I wanted to ignore anything like that until at least 30 weeks and he should shut up.

Listen, a 48 hour labour. It can't be that bad for the full 48 hours, right?

boo first outfit <melts>
Now, how's the rat smacking going?

Disclaimer - do not read on if you're feeling nervous!!

I had I 42 hour labour with toddly boo, it wasn't exactly hell on earth but having contractions that long was tiring. I just got stuck at 2cm dilated and didn't progress for ages BUT it wasn't more than I could cope with at the time!

Little first outfit is a little white baby grow, a little hat and a little blanket that was one of toddly boo's first little blankets too smilesmile actually having that to focus on really helps, eyes on the prize gringrin

If either of you need any help/advice on bag packing, just shout up, always happy to help smile Oh and Keep do not allow your DH to stretch anything shock it will all find itself getting stretched enough on the day!! Maybe he could look at pereneal (sp?) massage for you?

Smacking the what now?? winkwink

A mere 42 hours? That's nothing, try a 4 day labour grin

Withalittlesparkle Fri 19-Apr-13 11:40:27

boak at the thought of perenial massage!! That was mentioned last night, erm, Mr Sparks is not going anywhere near my lower half!! The trainer said the best way of avoid in tearing is once the baby starts crowning to do lots of little breaths and not push, just let your body do it naturally, the tears are more likely to happen if you are in a rush!!

Keep one piece of advice, and it could be complete hoccum, start moisturising your belly, every day, twice a day if you can find the time! It may just help avoid stretch marks. Unfortunately I was less that religious when it can to cream application and am now in serious damage control mode!!!

A lady told me today, random lady in the staff canteen that there was no way I was 31 weeks, I must have got my dates wrong, and that I would in fact have a baby in my arms within the next 6 weeks! I laughed and told her the really expensive scanning equipement they use these days must be a bit out of tune then. But her saying that... is it not just an attempt at subtly saying I'm fat?!!! similar to asking if Im having twins... or that I'm really... blooming!!!!

Thanks for the offer of bag packing advice. My sister sent me a list of stuff to add to my bag, but I think I just went a bit OTT on the quantities. I shall have another look at things tonight. Are there any items that you feel would be an absolute must? I've already got the big pants and the dark PJs.... And what would you say would be a good birthing outfit? I was thinking of including a strapless black top to change into, because then it can be pulled down straight away for skin to skin, but what happens with the bottom half? or will I just get to a point where I could care less? I just want to be able to waddle round the hospital if I find I need to get things moving, not be stuck in a room because I forgot to pack anything to cover my fanjo!!

I started labour fully clothed and ended up in bra and socks. When dd was born, the bra came off to feed her so was just in my socks. I had 2 bags, one for me with one pocket full of food and drink for DH during labour and all dd's stuff was in the change bag.

keepitgoing Fri 19-Apr-13 12:55:32

4 days?!?? That must be a joke as it sure ain't a sneeze birth.

Perineal massage, urgh

No joke, contractions started Friday, dd came Tuesday. My contractions were painful but not actually doing anything so ended up on the drip. It took me 3 days to get to 1cm sad

I have had every comment about my bump you could imagine, it's really big, really neat, like a planet (my brother) hmm people just love to make dim witted comments!

I have packed a nighty for the birth, it has little straps so baby can be tucked into it when it gets here, and is long enough to cover my dignity when I go for a wonder round. I will try to link a pic. Sounds like you have your bag sorted, like you said, maybe the quantities need looking at. My labour bag has no pads in it because my hospital give you massive bricks sterile thick ones for after the birth, and definitely black pants and PJ bottoms!!

like this but a different colour and I have owned it for ages, you get what I mean though.

Also, I don't look that good wearing it grin but it's ever so comfy and stretchy smilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now