Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013 Part 7: As our miracle Alex continues to grow & the one that sees us reach TERM

(996 Posts)
toobreathless Thu 21-Feb-13 18:56:25

Over here Ladies!

As the title suggests our fore runners will almost certainly hit 37 weeks this thread.

And the wonderful little Alex will hopefully continue to go from strength to strength and edge closer to the door home with Mama

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1658011-April-2013-part-six-what-does-the-third-trimester-have-in-store

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

tattooedapril87 Sat 23-Feb-13 08:52:03

happy fake birthday Essex!
hopefully you'll have time to fit in a joes icecream.. (and one for me too
xx

alwayshopeful13 Sat 23-Feb-13 09:50:47

Hello ladies, just marking place on new thread. The last one moves way too fast for me to keep up properly (so apols for not namechecking), but I do read regularly and enjoy everyone's updates.

I have 4 more weeks (or 18 working days!) til mat leave, so will try to be more of "present presence" then.

Had our 32 week scan yesterday. Potential growth issue they found at 22 weeks doesn't seem to have materialised (baby growing v nicely), baby has also moved to head down from being breech, and placenta which was lying low has also moved up. So all in all feeling much more relaxed than I was!

Hope everyone is well - happy weekend x

SneezySnatcher Sat 23-Feb-13 10:10:50

Happy fake 30th Essex! Great idea!

My 30th is in June but my sister and I are having a 'fake' celebration in early March (going for a mum-to-be spa day) as the chance of doing anything with a toddler and a new baby are slim-to-none!

LikeCandy Sat 23-Feb-13 13:36:42

Essex sounds great! I love the Gower, have a great fake birthday!

(A friend commented today that baby Candy is due almost exactly 9 months to the day after DHs b'day... A coincidence, I swear!)

34+3

ratbagcatbag Sat 23-Feb-13 13:43:20

Hi all

Just catching up with everything, I think I was one of the first on the 1st April thread (assuming DD of 1st April) scary to think we are coming to the end of our pregnancies!

I have now got a quote for a massive spring clean of the house blush I still have so much family stuff on (DFIL stilll in hospital four months later, working until week before DD etc) I was hoping in my final week off I would be nesting and cleaning, but I am struggling even now and I'm 35 weeks tomorrow, I just thought sod it, £60 for 7 hours of spring clean, sorted, they will do my oven, inside windows, scrub all my tiles, clean my fridge, hoover,mop, dust, wash down skirting etc. I will never manage all that, so they are coming when I am 38 weeks!!! I feel a tiny bit lazy but can't be bothered with it all. I still haven't packed my bag or done any baby washing yet!!

34+6

angeltattoo Sat 23-Feb-13 14:40:03

Have a great weekend essex

ratbag that sounds more than reasonable to me, can I ask which company and/or where you are? Would love something similar!

photochick Sat 23-Feb-13 18:01:05

ratbag sounds like an excellent idea. One less thing to worry about! It also seems v reasonable imo.

I'm home alone, have done the downstairs housework and indulging in afternoon tea for one on the sofa smile. upstairs can wait till tomorrow!

JaquelineHyde Sat 23-Feb-13 18:31:28

I got given a nappy cake today grin

It's from my brother and sister-in-law and it is lovely, I shall take a picture of it later and put it on facebook.

I am knackered today after spending hours in hospital yesterday with my sister who is now 36+4.

She has some problem with her blood levels and so needed some close monitoring, she is booked for more tests next week and if no improvement she will be induced. Although she is currently saying she wont allow them to induce her regardless of what they say angry

There is a long, long back story to this but quite simply my sister will be having her baby removed at birth as she is unable to care for it!

The baby will be placed from birth with my Mum who will aquire special guardianship of the baby and care for it until it is 18.

The next few weeks are going to be highly stressful and I am not looking forward to them at all sad sad

Hope you are all having lovely weekends.

KarenHL Sat 23-Feb-13 21:10:37

Will be at 31wks tomorrow, but previous pgs had complications - it was questionable whether this pg would make it this far, so am a bit stunned. Still doesn't feel quite real.

I have back problems, which mean I've been housebound for nearly 2 months (and on v.strong painkillers). Hard not to get depressed about that sometimes but will hopefully improve post-baby. Physio says not much that can be done.

Not looking foward to next week, as have a 'regular' visit to family planned. 4 hrs drive each way (DH driving after a long day at work), then cleaning & peacemaking, before the drive home. Seem to need a wee every ten minutes, so the motorway is going to be v.stressful! Family have always refused to come visit us, saying they are too busy (even though we work longer hours & further from home), or their children are too young to cope with the journey, even though they are much older than ours. Can't keep doing this - I work some weekends (next ones at 33 & 35wks) and am not getting to have any fun with my family. Just knackered all the time (even when not pg). Extended family (on my side, DH's are fairly reasonable) seem to have the view that I chose to move away (yeah right, I chose to get a job - and then follow where the work was - oh, and marry someone who was not local and who they didn't know (shock horror - how COULD I do such a thing!)), so OF COURSE me and my family should LOVE to do all this travel and other stuff. I'm whining now, so will shut up.

Next scan is just after 32wks. A bit nervous, as if the previous problem shows up we'll need to change hospitals (so experts on hand) - BUT if all is still normal, there is almost no chance of this baby having the scary condition.
Having been 'granted' an ELCS I do wonder when it will be. V.nervous about the prospect of going into labour beforehand, as I have never had a successful natural one.

ratbagcatbag Sat 23-Feb-13 21:19:34

Karen, that sounds pants and exhausting, can you just refuse to go??

Angel, I'm in notts and using a company that was recommended, but if you ask around on fb, someone will recommend someone for you, most of the domestic cleaners will do a spring clean, going rate seems to be between £8-£10 per hour.

photochick Sat 23-Feb-13 22:44:50

Karen you have my sympathy - my DH family never come to us, we always have to go to them despite the fact it would be far easier for them than us! Do you have to go? At this stage you are entitled to put yourself first, for your health and/or sanity x

KarenHL Sat 23-Feb-13 23:23:47

Many thanks for the sympathy. Can't really not go (although hope to negotiate leaving a bit earlier, as I think loo stops will add an extra hour!) as otherwise will be pressured into visiting (& cleaning etc) sooner post-baby.

I think last time I only had 6wks or so before feeling I had to visit post-baby (family is big on guilt & I know I shouldn't give in, but is hard - but now my little family is suffering and I can't allow that). This time am determined to leave it until baby is 10wks at least, unless extended family have an emergency. Then plan to ensure visits a min of 6wks apart (maybe gasp visit every other month - if I dare to risk the collective disapproval).

I do hope this baby is ok. So far MW is happy, consultant is happy but the last scan was ages ago - I can see why the cons wanted to leave it to 32wks, but am v.on edge with nerves (no nails left). Does anyone else get bad nightmares as I seem to get them a lot?

EssexWelsh Sun 24-Feb-13 01:07:43

Well what a day! Left the house at 9.30am, had a trip out with the family, lunch, watched rugby, had my baby shower then my fake 30th and just got in! I have impressed myself by my stamina!! Was ridiculously spoilt, feel no where near nice enough or a good enough friend to have had so many presents and so many people come from all over the UK for it! Feel very overwhelmed and dare I say it 'blessed', just the most amazing day and feel so so lucky! Also having a baby has totally made me forget I am turning 30! grin

Novia Sun 24-Feb-13 08:51:11

The first of my NCT class has just gone into labour! Suddenly seems very real! smile

JessieEssex Sun 24-Feb-13 08:55:09

Wow essex what a day - well done! Happy fake birthday!

DH and I are having a weekend on our own - DD is with my SIL. We had a day in London yesterday and must have walked miles. Was shattered last night but had the next night's sleep in ages!

Had my 34 week midwife appt on Friday and all is fine. She's made all my appointments up to 41 weeks now. All seems very real... DD was born at 39+4 so I didn't experience going overdue, hopefully I won't this time either, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be.

35+0 (aarrrggghhh!)

Trishstar Sun 24-Feb-13 11:10:51

What a lovely day Essex xxxx

Just going to labour ward to get monitored as movement has been much less confused

Will keep you posted xx

edinfirst Sun 24-Feb-13 11:32:33

Hope all is well trish definitely best to get checked but I bet bubs starts dancing around when you get there. Keep us posted

MumofWombat Sun 24-Feb-13 12:38:56

I feel a bit like we've had some up and down days. DH has been ill and whilst I haven't had whatever he's had I've certainly not been 100%. We asked PIL if they could come over to help us out as we were ill, perhaps take DS out (poor thing had been put in front of ceebeebies for three days) and even cook us a meal. They couldn't because they were seeing BIL and family. MIL has spent 5 hours with DS since Christmas. They've spent 3 weeks and this would be the second weekend with BILs family since then. I struggle so much with the blatant favouritism. DH just seems to shrug it off and say that they are the ones missing out on our awesome boy. I guess at some point they might realise that DS has a stronger relationship with his other grandparents who actually live on the opposite side of the world.... DHs Aunt and Uncle (who had a busy weekend planned as their daughter was flying in for the weekend) found the time to come over and entertain DS for a couple of hours so we could just lie on the sofa and vegetate. This is the third time they've seen DS just in February.... Guess who I'll be turning to in times of need in the future....
Whether it was linked to how I was feeling but on top of not feeling well I was getting decreased movements. I rang the hospital who wanted me to go in (10.30 at night), I explained that we weren't well and could they give me some tips to try to get her to move, if it was unsuccessful I'd come in within the hour. They suggested ice cold sweet drinks. Well, I ate ice cream, and thankfully almost instantly my little madam was bouncing around. I have got movements totally on my mind now though.
Today we are all feeling better so we took DS to the zoo. Walking around it totally buggered up the pgp, but it felt good to get out.
Can't quite believe I'm now 34 weeks! And my parents arrive a week tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to them taking over with chores etc. On the homeward stretch now....

Trishstar Sun 24-Feb-13 15:24:50

Yep just as suspected soon as I was hooked up he started moving!

MW said cos he's head down my movements won't stop but will be in different places now xx

Lyndaloo Sun 24-Feb-13 15:37:44

Hi ladies,

Can I join please? I'm expecting DS on 28th April, already have DD age 3. I've been lurking a while, but starting to feel abit stalkery!!

Hope everyones feeling well, with wriggly babies today.

birdbrain17 Sun 24-Feb-13 16:05:03

I got home friday afternoon after being away a week and posted "Just marking my place...
We've been away in the yorkshire dales for half term week, amazing holiday I feel so refreshed! We were really in the middle of nowhere was nice to have a break from the world for a week but because I haven't been online I can see there's lots to catch up on over the weekend!!!!!!
Hope you all had a good half term
33+5"
and was wondering why no one had posted the whole weekend...well after reading through the last thread I've just discovered this new thread so I'm marking my place and will keep on reading!
I had lots to say as I was reading through the posts but can't possibly remember anyones names etc so brew and hugs to all those who need it....
34 today!!! not long to go grin

Teapig Sun 24-Feb-13 16:20:49

Welcom lyndaloo and congratulations!

trish and wombat, I'm really glad you've felt movement. .

karen, that sounds like a stressful amount of travelling. Can you ask your family to come to you more so that things even out?

ratbag, I think the spring clean idea is great. I did the whole house top to bottom with help from DH and I can see that in a few weeks I'm not going to be able to do that amount of cleaning.

Had a great weekend with DH's family visiting us though now I am seriously tired. Before they got here I did loads of cleaning, making up beds, food shopping and baking. We went out for the day with them on Saturday, got back and I cooked a big meal and cleaned up. Then up early this morning to make everyone breakfast before going out for a walk. DH helped a lot but I wanted him to have as much time as poss with his family so I have really worn myself up. They've gone now and I have my feet up on the sofa grin They brought some lovely baby things with them, amazing hand knitted cardis, tops and booties for baby which is so nice.

edinfirst Sun 24-Feb-13 16:49:37

trish and wombat glad you've got more movement now. I have definitely had less movement too today, but rang the hospital and they were satisfied with the movement I had after a drink and some sugar so I feel a lot better now. This feels like such a tricky time in the pregnancy as I suppose on one hand it stands to reason that we might feel less, or different, movements as babies change position and run out of room, but on the other hand I am hypersensitive to any changes. I suppose it has been like that all the way through, just as you feel like you are getting to grips with being pregnant a whole new set of feelings and experiences arrive to flip things on their head.

Right, enough naval gazing (my belly button is pretty minging and the last thing I'd want to gaze at right now!!!). I'm off to get the last few bits for my hospital bag.

Fluffeh Sun 24-Feb-13 20:12:19

lyndaloo we share a due date smile.

I feel awful this weekend. I have tonsillitis and a stinking cold with a lovely hacking cough on top. I sound like a 40 a day smoker sad. The worst bit it how much the coughing and sneezing are hurting my throat when I have to do them. I've held out since Friday but its got worse each day so hopefully I can get in at the gp tomorrow and get some antibiotics to at least shrink and clean up my tonsils.
Its helped curb my biscuit addiction though, even water is hard to swallow but biscuit is impossible lol

SneezySnatcher Sun 24-Feb-13 20:35:06

I have come to the realisation that there are no boys names that DH and I agree on. The ones I love, he doesn't like. The ones he loves are hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now