Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013 Part 7: As our miracle Alex continues to grow & the one that sees us reach TERM

(996 Posts)
toobreathless Thu 21-Feb-13 18:56:25

Over here Ladies!

As the title suggests our fore runners will almost certainly hit 37 weeks this thread.

And the wonderful little Alex will hopefully continue to go from strength to strength and edge closer to the door home with Mama

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1658011-April-2013-part-six-what-does-the-third-trimester-have-in-store

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

toobreathless Thu 21-Feb-13 19:00:21
ratbagcatbag Thu 21-Feb-13 19:03:54

Yey, scary to think as this fills up, more babies will be here. smile

Trishstar Thu 21-Feb-13 19:04:28

Marking my spot! Xxx

edinfirst Thu 21-Feb-13 19:32:17

oh wow, what a thought that this thread will see some of us to 37 weeks and the arrival of some of our babies. I can still vividly remember sitting on the end of my bed logging in to our very first thread and thinking that we would never ever get to the baby stage, and here we are. Really don't know how I would have coped this far without you all, and so grateful that we've got each other as the final push (no pun intended grin) gets ever closer. x

Ollibobs Thu 21-Feb-13 19:46:51

Marking my place!

wishfulthinking1 Thu 21-Feb-13 19:51:22

6 weeks and 3 days to go! X

SneezySnatcher Thu 21-Feb-13 19:53:54

Hello! 33+5

LikeCandy Thu 21-Feb-13 20:07:07

How exciting!! Thanks for the shiny new thread breathless!
34+1
grin

LikeCandy Thu 21-Feb-13 20:22:41

Oooh just seen that Fearne Cotton has called her son 'Rex' - that was on my boys list!

toobreathless Thu 21-Feb-13 20:26:00

likecandy Rex is lovely, will it stop you using it? What else is on your list (nosey!)

Keys86 Thu 21-Feb-13 20:51:37

It's 64 days until I am due!
Eeekkk! Sounds so soon!

EssexWelsh Thu 21-Feb-13 21:08:49

Marking my spot!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 21-Feb-13 21:21:53

Mat leave can't come soon enough for me! 21 shifts to go (if I get that far). I am ruddy knackered sad and miserable. I keep having the uterus contractions/spasms at work when I walk but it's so busy it's very difficult to stop confused. I am really struggling and wondering if I should be going off sooner...

Those who were asking - yes, yes, yes, you need new mattresses. It's not hysteria, it's a proven SIDS risk. Why take that chance?! If anyone questions it, just say 'yes it's fine' and buy a new mattress anyway!

wishful I'm borrowing my sister's angel care monitor that comes with a mat. It's alarm goes off if its been something like 20 seconds without movement. Very few false alarms, lots of reassurance.

jacqh glad it went well today smile

Had to smile. Had a glass of milk and hopped in the bath when I got home. I swear the baby had hiccoughs! My belly was bouncing very rhythmically! grin

31+2

toobreathless Thu 21-Feb-13 21:57:06

Also have the angelcare with the sensor mat like Faithy I have used it very successfully with DD and only had a false alarm in cot bed when she hit about 18 months and rolled right off it. Don't think it is really needed but it stopped me checking she was breathing every 5 seconds! Be aware I think it says you can't use it in a Moses basket? Should be a firm base, I would ignore this we had no problems whatsoever using it in our basket. The only downside is it is rather bulky to pack up for visiting friends and family. We now also have the Motorola Digital (no sensor pad) for DD1 so DD2 can have the angelcare when she arrives which is also great, really dinky abc has a much longer battery life.

Dysgu Thu 21-Feb-13 21:58:08

Lovely new thread breathless and I wonder how many of these babies will arrive before we fill this thread?

We bought new mattresses - it is just a risk you don't want to take and it is, relatively, a small amount of money. Our loft is filling up with mattresses and car seats - what can you do to recycle them as we buy new for each child (only the baby car seat, they re-use from group 1 up).

And my bump is bouncing around like crazy - it does not seem very keen on sleeping these days, although I know it must, but it seems to be almost constantly active and it is still spread out like a star fish so it kicks and punches in all directions and alternates with headbutting and bum-pushing! It is an energetic one smile

SneezySnatcher Thu 21-Feb-13 22:17:29

Sorry to repeat myself but my arm is blooming sore from the WC jab. Anyone else have this and can suggest any ways to relieve it?

It aches from shoulder to fingers and there is a red, itchy, swollen patch around the site of the jab - now about the size of my palm!

jj247 Thu 21-Feb-13 22:43:16

Thanks for setting up new thread breathless, I just hope the early birds don't abandon the thread altogether once the bumps begin to land or us latecomers will feel a bit abandoned!
All beginning to feel much more real... Just picked up the Stokke cot from my friend so can get on with ordering the mattresses for it and the moses basket and carrycot now, exciting!
sneezy probably nothing to worry about but I'd get your arm checked out as it does sound like you've had a bit of a reaction to the jab? My arm was achey and sore for 2 days but certainly no redness. Will be worth the trip to the docs just for peace of mind.
faith I feel your pain, 31.5days to work and counting... Mind you I'm also then only off for 18 weeks so will be back at work before I know it... must try buying a lottery ticket grin

toobreathless Thu 21-Feb-13 22:53:14

sneezey my arm is identical, not much you can do, some simple moisturiser- E45, aqueous cream, after sun etc may take the heat down. Or an ice pack. Paracetamol is also fine in pregnancy. It's your body recognising the vaccination as foreign and reacting to it building your immunity.

bunnygirl80 Thu 21-Feb-13 22:54:14

I abandoned the old thread for a while as it was moving too fast for me. Hopefully I'll manage to keep up a bit more with this one.

I did my last day at work yesterday grin so am now a lady of leisure for the next 8 months. DS will be dropping down to only two days a week at daycare at the end of the month, and I'm panicking a bit about how I'll keep him entertained. SPD and general aches and pains mean I'm struggling to get out and about much, and he needs walking twice a day or he goes mental.

As far as I can tell baby is still breech. I'm losing hope that she'll turn by herself, and am starting to weigh up pros and cons between an ecv or just going straight for a C section. ECV scares me more than a section, but if I can have another vaginal birth then at least I'll avoid the recovery time of a C Sec.

Thought I had lost you all! Marking my place at 30+5, just making it into April!

LikeCandy Thu 21-Feb-13 23:03:31

breathless oh I still love the name, but I think that would have put me off it. I think everyone would assume babe was named after FCs baby!
You can have the rest of the boys list (we're having a girl, and she has a name we're keeping quiet on!)
Rollo
Joss
Felix
Otto
Milo
Kit
Asa
Sebastian
Theo
Gregory
Gabriel
Dominic
This was my list, DH hated most of them anyway!

toobreathless Thu 21-Feb-13 23:06:36

likecandy also having a girl here smile our second. Some lovely names on that list, Gregory was in my top 5 for a boy.

LikeCandy Thu 21-Feb-13 23:11:26

breathless there are only 2 girls names DH and I both like, so baby isn't having a middle name in case we have a second daughter in future and we've used both of the names up, haha!
Are you going for a similar / matching name for your DD2, or something completely different?

toobreathless Thu 21-Feb-13 23:12:01

I have just noticed a November 2013 thread! I now feel very pregnant. Our babies will be 7 months older than theirs!

33 + 6

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now