Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

November 2013 anyone?

(1000 Posts)
stuffthenonsense Thu 21-Feb-13 13:58:15

Very early days yet but there must be a couple of others somewhere?

MTB82 Sun 10-Mar-13 14:31:52

I hope do think I'm feeling a bit hormonal and lonely as DH away all week so home alone and time seems to have just slowed down sad

Aww MTB brew

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 10-Mar-13 15:03:11

I'm on 6+6 and am wishing time would fly by too.

Been feeling lousy all weekend, I just want to lie down and sleep. Said to dh "I don't know how I am going to cope at work over the next month"

His advice was "suck it up". Thanks for the sympathy dh.

GinSling82 Sun 10-Mar-13 15:06:44

MTB82 I'm sure it is your hormones! I felt sad and irritable yesterday for no reason. I Feel a bit more balanced today but literally get teary at smallest things. Get yourself cosy on the sofa, get some of your favourite food, a hot cuppa and snuggle down for some telly or film time. DH will be back before you know it!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 10-Mar-13 15:09:10

flowers for mtb82. I'm really emotional at the moment too. It's shit being on your own when you are feeling a bit wobbly.

harverina Sun 10-Mar-13 15:12:03

MTb hope your ok. My dh is away from tomorrow and I am dreading it hmm I'm so tired at night and we usually take turns each at bedtime with our dd. Hate it when my dh is away. He has a fairly new job and will be spending a bit more time away that he did before.

Fairy hope your ok. We can't choose our family but we can choose who we spend time with which is just as we'll. Don't let your parents get you down. Their lives must be terribly dull if they can't get even a little hit excited at the prospect of a little bundle. Stay close to the people who are excited for you.

I am 6+1. My scan is 24th April, got the date on yesterday and I can't wait!!! Seems so far away!

MTB82 Sun 10-Mar-13 15:36:16

Thanks ladies so glad I have found such good hand holders on here!!! I think hormonal wobbler sums it up to a T!!

whenshewasbad grrrr to the suck it up comment!!!

Harverina we'll have to keep each other company then!!

Ginsling liking that idea,think it's going to be a takeaway night on the sofa!!

Oh and fairy hope your sister gave your folks what for today!! At least it sounds like you have a fab sister looking out for you!!

To all those with scans next week, fingers tightly crossed keep us posted!!

BangOn Sun 10-Mar-13 16:40:35

hiya, mind if i join? Just had a faint, but definitely there BFP on an ebay cheapie!

I don't quite know whether to believe it or not tbh! According to the mnet calculator i'm due on November 18th with dc3! blimey! such early days though... not sure how pregant that makes me, my mathematical skills have deserted me...

Theicingontop Sun 10-Mar-13 16:52:07

You're around 3-4 weeks, BangOn! Congratulations and welcome grin

Theicingontop Sun 10-Mar-13 16:53:12

Oh and I had my bfp at four days before AF, so 3-4 weeks, and it's so faint isn't it? Gets lovely and reassuringly dark by five weeks.

GinSling82 Sun 10-Mar-13 17:21:01

Just got home ( been away this weekend seeing relatives) and have a letter on my doormat for my first midwife appointment on 15th April which is when I'll be 10.5 weeks. Seems aaaages away hmm. Makes me realise how early days things are and how long I've got to wait. And that's not even my scan appointment. Feeling a little impatient right now!

PurpleKiwi Sun 10-Mar-13 17:27:10

GinSling congrats on getting your appointment - must feel good to have something to focus on and look forward to.

Does anyone know how early the hospital can scan you and pick something up? I know it's probably too early for me at the minute but not sure how long I'll be able to hold my nerve.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 10-Mar-13 17:35:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BangOn Sun 10-Mar-13 17:39:00

thanks icing - lets hope he/she doesn't inherit my maths skills! just told dh & it's feeling slightly more real now! sorry you're not having the best mother's day by the way x

My mom phoned! Clearly my sisters visit prompted her. She said she had been shocked at the news yesterday so hadn't phoned me then hmm

Anyways after me giving her a piece of my mind she said dad and her were happy for us

Still not on the best of terms with her but that's about as good as it gets with her!

MummaPanda Sun 10-Mar-13 17:52:01

Aww im glad fairy smile

And you can see a heartbeat at 6weeks with a normal ultrasound. We did with dd

I'd so love an early scan! No idea how much they cost over here tho

MTB82 Sun 10-Mar-13 17:58:47

That's great Fairy. And they've got a good few more months to get their head round things and for you to build on everything, hopefully that's the start of good things to come!

MTB82 Sun 10-Mar-13 17:59:18

Oh and welcome and congrats to the newbies!!

GinSling82 Sun 10-Mar-13 18:28:52

I'm really pleased for you Fairy, sounds like your mum is coming round and is pleased for you, that's a good start.

I was thinking of having an early scan and now the reality of how long I've got to wait for 12 week scan has hit I've decided to go for it. DH thinks I'm mad but said he'd do it if I wanted. Literally just booked scan for when I'm 8+6 with MyUltraBaby. They do quite a few places in UK and it'll be £75 and will date the pregnancy. If I get that far I'm hoping it will be reassuring and nice to see baby's heartbeat but I guess it won't actually change anything - which is why DH thinks I'm mad!

okavango Sun 10-Mar-13 18:30:04

hi everyone. I am going to drop out. my dad died yesterday out of the blue. We had to drive ten hours to Scotland yesterday to be with my mum who found him. She is obviously the priority and dh and I don't think a baby of 6+0 will stick. I wish you all the luck in the world snd will have a look at how you are doing in a few weeks.

getoffthecoffeetable Sun 10-Mar-13 18:38:43

okavango so so sorry to gear your devastating news, thoughts and prayers are with you at this awful time.
Be kind to yourself.

GinSling82 Sun 10-Mar-13 18:42:13

So sorry to hear you have had such a a terrible and shocking loss Okavango. I can only begin to imagine how you and your family are feeling right now. Sending you thoughts of love & support.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 10-Mar-13 18:46:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vix206 Sun 10-Mar-13 18:59:05

I'm so sorry Okavango.

This thread is not accepting new messages.