Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 anyone?

(1000 Posts)
stuffthenonsense Thu 21-Feb-13 13:58:15

Very early days yet but there must be a couple of others somewhere?

SuffolkNWhat Sun 24-Feb-13 11:19:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Diege Sun 24-Feb-13 11:23:05

We don't bother with a coffee table grin.
stuff I will be a bit nervous about contacting my mw as she is a little 'judgy' shall I say about 'larger families hmm. Sounds like you have a great mw/doula team there. I had a doula for dc 4 and ended up with an emergency section under general - the irony grin

CurlyKiwiControl Sun 24-Feb-13 12:02:44

Hi everyone and big crongratulations to all smile

I would like to join please, i know its early days but will be nice to have a chat ... and it makes it feel a tad more 'real'

Im due end of october / beginning of november i think blush a very big suprise baby here.

Im mam to DD age 5 and DS age 14 month - january and december birthdays so will be fun in the curly household!

Eeeee congrats again everyone, and hope everyone is feeling okay?

Ive got heartburn and sickness and tiredness but im okay so far, was ill with DS so hoping history wont be repeating itself.

Im going to ring docs on monday and get the ball rolling ...

honey86 Sun 24-Feb-13 12:29:14

sounds like my mw hmm shell prob say 'back again?' annoys me as its very unprofessional to heap personal opinions on patients or make them feel bad for something that is natural.

im going to wait until the line is abit darker them see my doc. ill be seeing him alot anyway as my daughter has a kidney defect which is giving her infections.
i have cramps to... like mild period style cramps. but no spotting or anything as yet x

Diege Sun 24-Feb-13 12:36:47

Sounds like 'bedding in pains' to me honey, nothing to worry about. Agree about the unprofessionalism. They are supposed to be non-judgemental, but mine clearly isn't and has got herself a bit of a reputation locally.
Welcome curlykiwi and congrats. Surprise baby here too!

CurlyKiwiControl Sun 24-Feb-13 17:06:23

Thanks diege suprise babies are great are they not? Really thought we were done here!

honey that's how I knew I was pregnant this time constant cramps but no period, was the same with ds. Its worrying but I know its normal now, think its just body ajusting.

Wrt unprofessional midwives, after I had DS, a midwife came to check him, my younger brother was there and she sort of glared at him at snarled "and I suppose you're the dad?" (I was 24 and db 19) I think we all know what she was thinking, cheeky wench! Lol!

DittyRatt Sun 24-Feb-13 18:13:08

Ooooo ooooo ooooo, can I squeeze in here. Hello and congratulations to everyone!!

I got my BFP this morning grin, me and the dh have been trying for 4 months to conceive dc3. Although, dh doesn't know yet as it is his birthday tomorrow so I thought I would surprise him in the morning wink.

I estimate that I will roughly be due between the 2nd and the 5th of November. So will have to see what the doctor says my edd is.

Currently I have 1 ds who is 3 and 1 dd who is 2.

So far I have got very bad fatigue and am constantly tired, also I have had heartburn for the past 2 days - I had these symptoms with my past pregnancies - so I knew I was pregnant and the BFP proves it grin.

Will be booking my doctors appointment first thing in the morning...x

CurlyKiwiControl Sun 24-Feb-13 18:21:39

Hi dittyratt! smile

I like this thread, a few of us on 2+

What a wonderful suprise for your DH.

I've being getting heartburn again too, but it doesn't seem to. Be listed on early pregnancy symtoms - glad im not the only one (in a nice way you understand)

Can I ask how you find your smaller age gap? There's 4 year between my two, but DS is only 14 month so going for a much smaller one this time and I must say im a tad apprehensive blush

stuffthenonsense Sun 24-Feb-13 18:38:06

Welcome to the new mummies to be. Very happy to see there's quite a few already. Dirty what a great surprise for DH tomorrow!
My symptoms now include a 6cm waist gain from bloating!!!! I look pregnant. I already avoid trigger foods so I guess I will just have to grin and bear it.

DittyRatt Sun 24-Feb-13 19:09:25

Hi curly oh yes the heartburn can be quite bad at times thank goodness for the rennies.
A smaller age gap is brilliant I think. There is 13 months between my two, which I was a tad apprehensive at first but when dd got here everything just went rather smoothly. hmm Although I probably should admit that the first 2 weeks were a bit stressful trying to merge both of there routines together but after that it was fine for the most part. They have each other to play with so that means I tend to have a bit of extra time to get the housework done or have a brew wink. Also I did some calculations and they will be in nursery together for 6 months at the beginning of next year…x

SuffolkNWhat Sun 24-Feb-13 20:03:12

CurlyKiwiControl Sun 24-Feb-13 20:06:57

Thanks Suffolk smile you too!
Oh yes Gaviscon a godsend I was necking it from the bottle by the end of my last pregnancy lol!
That's good to know ditty, here's hoping to a still hot cup of tea then wink there's hope yet!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 24-Feb-13 20:09:44

Ooh this threads really filling up, how exciting. Congrats to all.

I keep panicking that this isn't real. Dh thinks it could be triplets based on the amount of burping I have been doing (my main (and most charming) early pregnancy symptom).

I'm not going to see my GP till I've had a scan. I have a bit of a history of chemical pregs / early preg loss. So I'm trying and failing not to get too excited till I've had a 7 week scan.

honey86 Sun 24-Feb-13 20:41:17

im trying and failing too lol grin i found myself looking what cute baby goodies there are on the next website ... <slaps oneself>

thats appalling about the midwife curlyblush i wouldve been tempted to give her a good clip round the ear!

alot of hot flushes today�� cramps and tiredness... think ive forgotton what early pregnancy feels like lol nearly 4 years since i had a bump last x

CurlyKiwiControl Sun 24-Feb-13 21:33:35

Pregnancy, don't we just sail through it looking glowing and serene? the toilet bowl will be our new best --friend-

I'm getting totally carried away, I've already been checking out double buggies and cars that fit three seats blush

We just looked at her honey and burst out laughing at my brothers horrified denial (he didn't even say im the uncle) im sure she was thinking 'yeah right, Jeremy Kyle here we come!'

I love your name whenshewasbadshewashopeful im sure everything will work out just fine! And a lovely extra scan smile won't be long now!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 24-Feb-13 21:36:27

Right I have tried to update the stats. I really hope I haven't missed anyone out or got the details names wrong. Updating using my phone so there will be a lot of errors.

WhenSheWas Edd 29 oct. baby no2
Diege. Edd 31 oct. baby no6
Wibblypig. Edd 1 nov. baby no2
Stuffthenonsense. Edd 2 nov. baby no6
Honey. Edd 2 nov. baby no 3
Shelly. Edd ?. baby no 2
GetOff. Edd ? baby 2
Lexib. Edd ? baby ?
Curly. Edd ? baby 3
Ditty. Edd ? baby 3

SuffolkNWhat Sun 24-Feb-13 21:59:21

SuffolkNWhat Sun 24-Feb-13 22:00:28

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 24-Feb-13 22:05:11

Huge apology to Suffolk blush, I know what you mean about gas, my issue is burping not farting but it's still very antisocial.

WhenSheWas Edd 29 oct. baby no2
Diege. Edd 31 oct. baby no6
Wibblypig. Edd 1 nov. baby no2
Stuffthenonsense. Edd 2 nov. baby no6
Suffolk EDD 3rd nov. baby number 2
Honey. Edd 2 nov. baby no 3
Shelly. Edd ?. baby no 2
GetOff. Edd ? baby 2
Lexib. Edd ? baby ?
Curly. Edd ? baby 3
Ditty. Edd ? baby 3

honey86 Mon 25-Feb-13 06:49:21

i have alot of gas too blush btw im expecting #4 i have 3 already lol

feeling a little tearful this morning
had the most awful dream... first bit of it was having a hitman tryna harm me and my kids to get revenge on dp for something blush second part was i found texts on dps phone to another woman tellin her he loves her and he cant wait to have a baby with her. i was screaming at him saying thats why you have it on silent! thats why you carry it around with you!!

so much anxiety at the mo its disturbing my sleep now sad

SuffolkNWhat Mon 25-Feb-13 07:21:03

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 25-Feb-13 07:28:52

Poor you Suffolk. I'm hoping to sidestep the sickness for as long as possible. With DS I only threw up once but for the first four months I was always feeling like I was about to throw up. You have my full sympathies.
Not sure what EDD is, how did you ladies calculate it? From first day of last period or from ovulation?

lexib Mon 25-Feb-13 08:27:04

Hey whenshewas, it'll be my first and edd is 6 Nov.
Def agree re gas, i am a burp bubble right now. Nice! grin

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 25-Feb-13 08:38:17

Stuck my dates into pregnancy calculator and it comes up with 2nd Nov. I was induced two weeks early with DS though because I have high bp so I doubt I'll make it all the way to EDD!
Agree about the gas, my tummy's churning like mad at the moment! Nice!

Diege Mon 25-Feb-13 08:41:58

Off to gps in a few mins to get meds...hyperemesis has kicked in sad. A 'good' sign for me though, and at least the meds should take the edge off and letme get to work.
suffolk also have a classroom scenario to bluff through (lecturer); fingers crossed for us both!

This thread is not accepting new messages.