Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2013 anyone?

(1000 Posts)
stuffthenonsense Thu 21-Feb-13 13:58:15

Very early days yet but there must be a couple of others somewhere?

ShellyBobbs Sat 23-Feb-13 12:53:10

Hello, I'm also from the Nov 2012 group and now have a very snuffly 14 week old boy. Congratulations to you all. Can I just ask you mums with 5 how you fit in your house? I'm in a 3 bed with a very small third bedroom, no chance of moving and have 4 dc's. I will start the wearing down of hubby in August for another but would like to go in armed grin

stuffthenonsense Sat 23-Feb-13 12:57:52

Welcome Suffolk! I'm also a hg sufferer. Expecting its arrival within the week.

stuffthenonsense Sat 23-Feb-13 13:00:07

Shellybobs, hi, congrats on the new baby. I'm a very fortunate mum with a 6 bedroom house, so we don't have that worry. Car is a whole different ball game though.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 23-Feb-13 14:49:19

<Passes out ice cubes and naice sick buckets to all expecting the HG witch very soon>

Diege Sat 23-Feb-13 15:01:34

<Takes bucket with thanks>
Shelly we are lucky enough to have a large 4 bedroom house,with the option of a further downstairs bedroom. At the moment the 2 eldest share, and may do for a while yet (bunkbeds) but it will be sharing all round when ds2 moves out of our room.
Have a horrible metal mouth today and lots of saliva...

SuffolkNWhat Sat 23-Feb-13 15:04:29

I'm having those ever so nice waves of nausea that have you running for the bathroom with no follow through.

DH is already looking aghast. I used to freak him out by starting dinner (reluctantly) throwing up half way through and then carrying on. My thoughts were it's a) easier to throw up and b) something may stick for me and the baby!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 23-Feb-13 15:05:42

Hi suffolk congrats <put the false positive thing out of your mind they are really rare>.

I about to start betting which one of us would throw up first but you win that one already grin

Feeling tired but have such a busy weekend. Don't have anything else social planned till the Easter hols so can hide from the world for a bit. We have friends round tonight for a boozy night in, not sure how I am going to get away pretending to drink g&t all night.

stuff I imagine the car would be an issue. There can't be many vehicles for such big families.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 23-Feb-13 15:39:45

False positive schmositive. Just taken a digital test. Definitely pregnant, 2-3 weeks!

SuffolkNWhat Sat 23-Feb-13 15:41:29

Can you have T&T? I don't drink so that one is easy and I was trying to quit smoking (1-2 a dayso not a total fag ash Lil) so that's going to be easy again asthe smell makes me heave when pregnant!

honey86 Sat 23-Feb-13 15:42:30

can i join?? i got my bfp today smile from my calculations i should be due on nov 2nd (ds2's bday)

congratulations ladies smile x

honey86 Sat 23-Feb-13 15:46:58

i have 3 so far, ds1 is 7, ds2 is 5, ans dd will be 4 in may x

Diege Sat 23-Feb-13 18:25:39

Welcome honey and congrats smile.
suffolk great news on the digi. I have to admit that I am banishing the remaining sticks I have as I have history of becoming a tad obsessive about the relative darkness of lines (lining them up for comparative purposes, pen marked in date order). No more peeing on sticks for me unless warranted (worrying spotting etc).
On the car front even though there are 7 (to be 8 hopefully) of us we use the car relatively infrequently. We actually car share a 5 seater that we use about once a mth, with the remaining 2 bus-ing it or cycling. Works pretty well tbh and saves us a fortune! Lucky to have reasonable public transport though and train station not far away.

stuffthenonsense Sat 23-Feb-13 18:56:48

Oh diege I am also a poas obsessive so they are banished right now. Honey, welcome due date buddy. I had 3 incidents of spotting this week when feeding my baby so I'm starting to cut down from his crazy two hourly to just 3 or 4 a day.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 23-Feb-13 22:13:42

Welcome and congrats to honey

Pretending to drink seems to be working, said I was on Crabbies ginger beer and am now drinking grape juice instead of wine.

stuff I am so impressed you can conceive while breastfeeding. I didn't get my period back for 6 weeks after stopping bf, and dd was only on one feed a day for a month before then.

honey86 Sat 23-Feb-13 23:43:49

yeh i noticed that smile 2nd november...
still stunned tbh and its going to be a real struggle to keep it secret for now... i get sickness so bad when pregnant

boobs are so incredibly sore and tingly today blush

went to a clairvoyance evening woth a few fam members and they picked me out and said im going to be handed a baby girl and she can hear lullabies blush my family just all stared at me grinconfused i just looked at the floor lol x

stuffthenonsense Sun 24-Feb-13 06:15:22

Wonder if you will have a girl then honey?

SuffolkNWhat Sun 24-Feb-13 06:43:51

I am expecting this one to be a girl too. DD is the 5th generation of all girls in my Mum's side of the family, we just don't seem to have boys!

SuffolkNWhat Sun 24-Feb-13 06:53:40

Also is anyone else really paranoid they are having twins. My AF is still not due but got a BFP on the digi, rang the midwife yesterday (I know, I know but we've been trying for ages and I got overexcited) and she implied the sickness plus very early positive might mean multiple!

getoffthecoffeetable Sun 24-Feb-13 07:05:50

Congratulations ladies! Can you add me to the list too please? Got my BFP on Thursday after 7 months of trying. We have one DS who will be two next month.
Am feeling exhausted but I think that's more because I 'm getting over the flu.
AF not technically due until 28th Feb, did a FRES test but was just feeling pregnant for a couple of weeks.
How long are you going to wait until you book Drs appointment?

SuffolkNWhat Sun 24-Feb-13 07:16:52

Congrats getoff see above, I'm already booked in! Won't see the midwife for ages though but pregnancy gives me major forgetfulness so.. so... what was I saying? wink

lexib Sun 24-Feb-13 07:34:22

Congratulations everyone!
I just got 3 increasingly strong lines on a 10hcg test, so am a cautious group joiner!
Is anyone else have major irritation issues with dp/dh? Love him to death but honestly yesterday I could have Killed him. Poor man

SuffolkNWhat Sun 24-Feb-13 07:42:13

Welcome and congrats lexib. I remember that feeling with my first, haven't got to that stage (yet)!

honey86 Sun 24-Feb-13 08:28:03

get off the coffee table- thats what i tell my 3 alot.. 'get down from there!!!' lol
congrats all smile
boobs are BURRNING today! shock and ive been abit snappy with dp lately. but i told him im pregnant yesterday (he was stuck at work hmm) and he said 'fuck yes!!!!! :-) :-)' grin

i personally think im going to have a girl, girl sperm are meant to be slower than boy sperm and we dtd day before ov. so i suspect that girl sperm were sitting there waiting..

im abit paranoid about twins too, the run in my family, skipping a generation.. now its my generations turn blush
im waiting to get a strong dark line before i see the dr.. still cant quite believe it x

stuffthenonsense Sun 24-Feb-13 09:06:13

I'd love twins! I am seeing my midwife on Wednesday morning...both midwife and doula were booked on Thursday But they are both friends of mine and are very keen on my kooky birth plans.

getoffthecoffeetable Sun 24-Feb-13 11:18:13

honey my DS is certainly the inspiration for my name, got so sick of telling him to get down that I've given up and put the coffee table in the loft!
I think I'll make a Drs appointment soon to get the ball rolling. It's really exciting but so long away! I'm stupidly tired and my tummy is making the weirdest noises, anyone else?

This thread is not accepting new messages.