Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2013 anyone?

(1000 Posts)
stuffthenonsense Thu 21-Feb-13 13:58:15

Very early days yet but there must be a couple of others somewhere?

DittyRatt Sun 03-Mar-13 18:10:39

I am also a cake decorator in my spare time x grin

stuffthenonsense Sun 03-Mar-13 18:42:16

Wow so many cake decorators!

It's very normal to worry about how older children will cope and how you will cope You will love the new baby as much as no1 without that having an impact on how much you love no1. Talking about the reality of babies with him will help , you know, that they cry a lot. get plenty of books about being a big brother. He will be fine.

harverina Sun 03-Mar-13 19:19:01

Vix I know what you mean and you are not alone in feeling this way. I feel pretty guilty for my dd. She has had all the attention for almost 3 years and is a mummy's girl. However in the long run I know my dd will be delighted to have a sibling - actually she loves babies and will be a great help and will be like a mother hen!...but I expect it might be a bit of a shock to start with especially if I am Breastfeeding, although my dd fed until she was 2.5 so has some memory of feeding which I hope will help.

I have spoken to others who felt the same when they were pregnant with dc 2.

My boobs are soooo sore today, just like last time grin

harverina Sun 03-Mar-13 19:19:44

Oh and I couldn't decorate a cake to save myself!!!

vix206 Sun 03-Mar-13 19:26:40

I fed DS until he was 2 yrs 4 months (he is 2.6 now) so he may also remember. It's not helping that he keeps saying he doesn't want a baby and likes it to be 'just us' !!! smileconfused

busyprocrastinating Sun 03-Mar-13 19:45:40

Hi I am back. I had to duck out for a bit because I was feeling totally overwhelmed with it all and Vix I think a lot of it was to do with guilt over dd and how much a new baby will change her little world. But then before I got the bfp I felt sorry for her not having a sibling. Bloomin hormones!

Theicingontop Sun 03-Mar-13 19:56:23

Aww I think you'll feel better when she can see that there's definitely something in your belly, and she starts getting excited. I told DS that there was a teeny tiny baby in mine today, and he lifted up my top and was like hmm, silly mummy. I don't think he'll get it until there's 'proof'.

busyprocrastinating Sun 03-Mar-13 20:04:27

Ahh that's cute. Dd has absolutely no patience and so I am not telling her until it's obvious. Am doing well so far at keeping the secret but I'm due to be a bridesmaid in August and my friend is pushing to go dress shopping.

Minesahotchocolate Sun 03-Mar-13 20:11:00

Congratulations Mumma and Clementine smile

I'm also feeling exhausted, and really bloated after eating. I don't remember being unable to eat normal amounts of food comfortably starting this early last time - love eating, bit depressing to have to try and eat more daintily already, sigh! Along with really wanting to eat lots of cheeses that I'm no longer allowed.

Fairy - your 1st - so exciting!

vix206 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:17:24

Aww busyprocrastinating and everyone else feeling wobbly about older children - I'm sorry you're all worrying but also relieved to be in good company if that makes sense wink

Mummy Guilt is awful - I try not to feel guilty but it's not easy!

Minesahotchocolate Sun 03-Mar-13 20:22:02

Great to see there are lots of 2nd time (and more!) Mums here. It took a while to fall preg the first time so I don't think I expected it to happen so easily or quickly this time round. Thought I'd have a while yet. My DD is 21months - it's going to be SO strange having a 2nd little person when she has been our world for the last 2 years. Find myself wondering how another baby can possibly be as cute etc as she is. Think the reality of it all is still very much sinking in... DH was asking today what we'd do re: pushchairs - no idea!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 03-Mar-13 20:41:42

busy I'm meant to be a bridesmaid in August too. The bride has planned a shopping trip in April hmm. I'll be 28 weeks on the big day and am going to look like a blimp.

Tbh I'm not even sure I will cope with the dress fitting, will be 11 weeks and will probably be in the grip of 1st trimester fatigue and morning sickness. Feeling really guilty about it all.

When are you telling the bride?

honey86 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:47:39

im going to spain in august smile cant wait x

honey86 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:48:27

although ill be 30 weeks preg in 40 degree heat blush x

DittyRatt Sun 03-Mar-13 20:53:12

I have decided that I am not telling my 2DC untill I am showing as otherwise it may confuse them.

I have a wedding to go to in August, although I am not a bridesmaid, I am still slightly worried about finding a dress to wear.

MummaPanda Sun 03-Mar-13 20:56:49

Left DD for the first time with her grandparents today so me n hubby could go for anniversary meal. Was soo hard! Cried my eyes out! Prob part pregnancy hormones too... And I feel like iv been beaten up! My back n lower stomach sooo sore! sad

busyprocrastinating Sun 03-Mar-13 21:03:30

Whenshewasbad I will also be 28 weeks for the big day. Though one of the other bridesmaids is a model so I knew I would look a blimp next to her so I'm quite pleased there will be a reason for it! I want to hold off from telling the bride until after the first scan but if she pushes for dress shopping earlier I might have to tell her. She is also under going fertility treatment so really feeling the guilt.

Honey we are going to lanzarote in July I was a bit worried about the flying but we will still be ok then won't we? I can see me spending a lot of time wallowing in the pool/ sea to keep cool.

MTB82 Sun 03-Mar-13 21:09:23

My bridesmaid last year was 7 months pregnant and it was great- like getting BOGOF!! Def tell her though as we found a dress that we knew would work with a bump of an unknown size- found a long floaty number that had 2 layers so worst case scenario could have out slots in under layer if she needed a bit more room.

MTB82 Sun 03-Mar-13 21:10:26

Ops out slots should have read cut slits

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 03-Mar-13 21:26:15

ditty I'm not telling dd till I have a definate bump. She's only 2 and I don't think it would mean much to her. She'd probably just try and give my stomach milk then get bored and forget about it.

busy fertility treatment? Poor bride. Don't feel guilty, just pick a decent time to tell her. Maybe over the phone when you know she has an empty evening ahead of her and she can have a drink or two

mtb good plan with the dress. One tent for whenshewas grin

MTB82 Sun 03-Mar-13 21:51:43

If it helps we just bought her one size bigger than her normal size and it fit perfectly. I think she actually enjoyed having her weekly trying on session as she used it as a point of reference to see how much she'd grown. Literally 3 days after the wedding she couldn't do it up; it was like the bump knew and was sucking herself in until after the big day.

DittyRatt Sun 03-Mar-13 22:24:05

whenshewas that's exactly what I was thinking, DD is 2 and DS is 3, so they would just get confused if there was no proof for them to see.

busyprocrastinating Sun 03-Mar-13 23:43:14

Whenshewasbad yes that's a good idea. I might also warn a mutual friend beforehand so she can be there to share the wine with her. She was really gracious when I told her with dd.

I have noticed that there is a lot of us on here with 2 year olds!

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 04-Mar-13 02:25:38

Can't sleep. Have been awake all night, not sure if it's pregnancy hormones combined with the annoying cough I've got. Also getting a bit nostalgic, this time two years ago was in labour with DS. He's changed our lives so much since having him. I know what you girls mean about trying to imagine what it could be like to have another baby in our lives, such an exciting adventure!

vix206 Mon 04-Mar-13 07:02:01

Bad night here too, poor DS still coughing hmm
We aren't telling DS about the pregnancy yet because DH wants to keep it under wraps until the scan, and DS would definitely tell people!!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.