Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 - roll on the second trimester!

(994 Posts)
Creamtea1 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:05:18

Last one nearly full so thought I would start a new one - new thread, new trimester!

SGJ Thu 21-Feb-13 07:17:20

Yep, mustard, those are the ones, massive scam. And the car park is extortionate as well!

Dorita75 Thu 21-Feb-13 08:15:48

Blimey, good job payday's before my scan!

I'm 11wks tomorrow and nausea was easing over last 8 days or so but it has returned yesterday and even woke me in the night last night, retching at 3am, lovely. I'm wondering if it's linked to b growth spurt or something. Any ideas or anyone else similar? Also seems to have coincided with bowel issues of the 'i really need to poo but can't' variety which I know is a hot topic for us but hasn't bothered me till now....

Dorita75 Thu 21-Feb-13 08:20:04

Oh My! Spoke too soon, just made it to toilet. I am today's poo princess, pass us the crown whoever's got it......wink

BinarySolo Thu 21-Feb-13 08:28:44

I'm still getting the odd bought of being sick and diarrhoea - thankfully not at the same time. I do feel quite healthy tho and have no nausea. I felt nauseous a lot with ds but was never actually sick. This time I don't really feel ill but will start coughing, then heaving and then be quite sick. Then it's back to business as usual as tend to feel ok again! Bloody lucky really with a 21 month old to look after.

I do feel a sense of relief today, like finally I know I'm pregnant. I did have visions of the scan just picking up a box of malteasers and a couple of packets of wotsits... I'm such a health freak. Ahem.

LexyMa Thu 21-Feb-13 08:41:40

big poo and vom here this morning - not simultaneously thank goodness. grin The vom was just retching that turned into needing to get rid of phlegm and all the saliva that had collected in my throat/gullet overnight. gross.

I'll be going for home birth (DH is unaware) as I am an optimist...!!

MeanMrsMustard Thu 21-Feb-13 08:47:50

My Goodness SGJ, that is truely shocking! As you can see I was up at 3am worrying about it - that's how outraged I am!

Who has their scan today? I am looking forward to hearing lots of love scan news drift in today.

I told my mum and brother yesterday. They were speechless, especially on finding out I managed to keep the secret for 9 weeks (so thanks for the outlet ladies!). Both absolutely delighted though. I think my mum thinks I am the first woman ever to get pregnant. She is that proud!
Mum is on a telling people ban though. 2 of my closest (and oldest) friends are her friends daughters and I am telling them at the weekend - so at the risk of them finding out second hand, mum has to keep schtumm until afterwards. I have no idea if she will manage...

MeanMrsMustard Thu 21-Feb-13 08:50:59

Lexi, I missed your post. I have that phlegm problem too. It's a right pain.

Oh, and does anyone know if we are allowed to take b complex or niacin when pregnant? I keep on forgetting to ask the drs I see.

Creamtea1 Thu 21-Feb-13 09:40:47

Morning ladies
SJG I'm with you on the wierd preference for a novelty stay in hospital! I've only ever been in a handful of times, two of which were for ds's births and genuinely have bizarre liking for the novelty of a hospital visit! However my last visit was for a knee op which I had privately due to work bupa cover, and that was like a premier league hosp experience - so don't think anythings going to match that! Imagine having a baby privately, that would be sooo nice

JammyTummy Thu 21-Feb-13 09:45:49

I really wish I could pin point exactly where in my belly the baby is right now, as in be able to put a finger on it. I've only ever ever felt it/ things on my right hand side (not in movements, but in twinges and stretches) and when I had my 8 week scan she actually scanned down and to the right of my belly button a bit. Thinking it surely must've moved by now?

Wincher Thu 21-Feb-13 10:14:55

Ha, I know what you mean about the novelty of hospital! I actually feel slightly the same way too hence why I'm not 100% sold on a home birth! I thought it was just me though, everyone else seems to hate the idea of hospital, so I wouldn't have admitted it...

andadietcoke Thu 21-Feb-13 10:22:33

meanmrsmustard b-complex is fine - I was on that at the beginning (got confused between d and b!). B12 is often recommended for MS as well. I didn't bother buying any more when mine ran out, but AFAIK it's fine to take - it's on my mat notes that I'm taking it.

MrsMc82 Thu 21-Feb-13 10:53:33

Crikey missed lots since the weekend. .. night sweats have subsided which is great just exhausted still. .... don't remember being this knackered with ds but guess am nearly 4 yrs older now!
Got scan on 5th and also seeing consultant as in shared care due to bmi, being on anti depressants and a previous cs......
Anyone know what to expect from consultants apt?

EmmaDee Thu 21-Feb-13 12:38:24

Holy goodness! These threads have fairly filled up! I have my scan next wednesday when I'll be 10+3 weeks, I also have a major thirst on and crazy sneezing in the mornings all very bizarre!!

My hubby actually asked if I'd want a home birth as my "wonder" SIL had 3, but we're miles away from a hospital if something went wrong and I'm just not as confident/lucky/cow like as her!!!

Never been admitted to hospital or even in the A&E so itll be an experience (hopefully/better be a good one!!)

Belvedere Thu 21-Feb-13 12:59:15

Another good scan to report this morning!
Im measuring 13 weeks, not 12+1 which I thought so ive a new due date of 29th August, although still going to follow this thread ;)
The scan is so so amazing, I cried. For those of you still waiting, its worth the wait smile

SGJ Thu 21-Feb-13 13:07:18

Sssh, I'm eating a Stilton, bacon and mango chutney sandwich and it's amazing! Bad cheese is good cheese!

andadietcoke Thu 21-Feb-13 13:42:06

MrsMc urine and blood pressure definitely. I had a meeting with the midwife and then a meeting with the consultant when I guess they'd talk through how you're feeling, management of your pregnancy etc. I have to go back for mine after my next scan - my first appt was really weird as no one knew why I was there so early!!

ExhaustedMamasita Thu 21-Feb-13 14:29:48

OMG have just discovered these antenatal club threads… sooooo happy!!! I’m nearly 12 weeks , due in September and have had NOONE to relate to or talk to for that matter, DH and I have been keeping it a secret but to be honest the loneliness is killing me. Been suffering extreme exhaustion – hence the name – and mental nausea. I feel the nausea is easing up but the exhaustion comes and goes – I have good and bad days. Today was a bad day, fell asleep on the toilet at work! Yuk – I know.

I have my nuchal scan next Tuesday – eeeek! Anyway just thought I’d send my love and hugs to you all – hoping our scans tell us exactly what we all want to hear “healthy babies all round!”

Here’s to an amazing start to our second trimesters! Mwah!! x

WhizzsMum Thu 21-Feb-13 15:15:10

Afternoon ladies, after being lured into a false sense of security last week (no nausea or exhanstion) I've felt like complete crap this week and rather guilty that I'm spending my half term shipping my DD off to friends and family while I just sleep. However, today has mostly been a good day. I decided to do some baking with my 4yr old, her choice of chocolate rice crispie cakes. However at the end while licking the spoon she managed to inhale a chocolate covered rice crispie up her right nostril. After lots of encouragement to snort out, it finally came out - guess what... my nausea is back!! Now laid out on sofa with DD with a duvet and DVD which is how we'll stay until DH comes home.

I have recently learnt that the MLU where I had DD no longer does overnight stays unless absolutely necessary. I'm gutted, spent three nights in there last time and it was heaven. I can see the attraction in a hospital stay too.

Creamtea1 Thu 21-Feb-13 15:30:44

SJG I want your sandwich!!!! Been into town today - can confirm primark do mat jeans for £11, of the under bump variety and only skinny leg but they actually did look cheap, so I passed. The gap ones were v nice and lovely denim, but none in my size.
For lunch I had a massive cheese ploughmans sub from greggs smile
Also, am 12 weeks tomorrow and I swear I have been feeling tiny flutterings today. I am sure it is, as cant be due to guts/wind/poo as had a good clear out this morn! Do you think it's poss to feel tiny movements thus early?

Whyriskit Thu 21-Feb-13 15:36:46

Definitely possible. I think I felt them this early with DS2 and pretty sure with this one too.

BinarySolo Thu 21-Feb-13 15:37:51

I was in hospital for a week before and a week after ds was born. I had a show a week before I went into labour so was in to have antibiotics then ds had jaundice requiring phototherapy. I was climbing the walls and couldn't wait to leave. Level of care was dreadful and the food was rank, slop with the nutritional value of dust, and frankly that description's rather generous!

This time I live in a different area and am hoping to use the mw led birth centre. Even so, I still want to be home as soon as possible.

MeanMrsMustard Thu 21-Feb-13 15:38:54

Hi Whizz. Sorry the sickness has come back! Mine has pretty much disappeared but the end of it is still lingering.
I'm on half term too and have spent most of it in or near my bed. I'll have to work tomorrow, but other than that it's just been recovering from last term. I do feel nicely recharged though. INSET on Monday (thank god!) then back to my class of 40 3-4 year olds. Are you early years too? The kids are great, but so tiring right now.
Anyway, enjoy the last few days. I hope you manage to spend some nausea free and wide awake time with your daughter.

fl0b0t Thu 21-Feb-13 15:54:38

Excuse me please! I am very excited about my first wearing of the POO CROWN
Last night I "dropped the mother load" that I didn't even realise I was carrying! Woah! That was a splash!

Feeling crappy mccrap today!

WhizzsMum Thu 21-Feb-13 15:58:45

Thanks Mrs M I'm actually feeing much brighter just scoffed two muffin sized choc rice crispie cakes. Why is is that we always spend school holidays recovering from the previous term? This next stint is only 4weeks and 4days so I'm sure it'll not be so bad and I can enjoy Easter break. I am early years too, the kids are great and get me through/over any trauma going on in my personal life, but they are exhausting!

In other news I've heard from the solicitor today to say that our sellers are ready to exchange. We should be able to move into our new home by Easter smile

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Thu 21-Feb-13 16:22:05

I had a wonderful home birth with as, carpet was absolutely fine! Wonderful experience. Have had a tiny bit of spotting today, think I will just leave it if there's no more as I have my scan a week today and I had spotting in both of my other pregnancies. Still feeling a bit panicky though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now