Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 - roll on the second trimester!

(994 Posts)
Creamtea1 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:05:18

Last one nearly full so thought I would start a new one - new thread, new trimester!

Creamtea1 Tue 05-Mar-13 16:10:56

(is not eyeing up a bugaboo at all, definetly not) hmm

frogchops Tue 05-Mar-13 16:25:15

I couldn't afford bugaboo but played with one like I could!! Have had britax instead.

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Tue 05-Mar-13 16:26:56

Creamtea my DD is 9 and my DS was 7 yesterday. So really not babies any more! In fact, I think I've forgotten what to do with a baby! And I used to be a breastfeeding counsellor, so really should be a little bit clued up!

Creamtea1 Tue 05-Mar-13 16:32:27

mynameis same here, I feel like my last baby was decades ago and it feels like new again! I was looking at the cot I have got out the loft and it looks very old fashioned..

jennimoo Tue 05-Mar-13 16:43:55

I'd love to start buying but there's next to nothing to get as have everything in the loft. Just need:
Bouncy chair (borrowed one last time)
New cot and maybe Moses basket .... Mattresses!
Oh and a bigger car!
Keeping fingers crossed baby is obviously a boy at 20 week scan then can ditch the girls clothes and buy a few boys outfits ;)

jennimoo Tue 05-Mar-13 16:45:11

Not sure that made sense, feel like sh1t with cold again: only need to buy the mattresses, not cot/basket!

EmmaDee Tue 05-Mar-13 17:27:23

Hi all, been so busy this week I haven't had a chance to check in.

No sickness but have been ridiculously tired, though the lack of symptoms has been freaking me out a bit!!

This is my first so not sure what to be feeling or when,.I've had some twinges low down is this normal? They're not too painful just like a soft stretchiness? Sorry for the pants explaining!!!

Also been freaking out about mc, is this normal?! Was it fl0 that wrote the blog, what are the statistics for 11 weeks? I've had a scan and heard the heart beat. I know I'm probably being irrational but that's me all over at the best of times!!! Nerd a bit of reassurance! ( or a slap)

EmmaDee Tue 05-Mar-13 17:27:46

* need not nerd!!!

bingeddybongo Tue 05-Mar-13 17:30:03

Hello! I'm due right at the end of Sept/beginning Oct so checked out both threads and although the October folk are talking a LOT about hula hoops, the fact that someone said "food and poo" within the first 6 posts on this one had me sold smile Please may I join in? <tries to hide Magnum stain on work shirt and look respectable>

Tat71 Tue 05-Mar-13 17:46:36

More good scan news to add, one very active hearty looking baby literally waving out at us, has lifted my nausea-related misery for now at least! So relieved, I'm 42, two kids already and everything looks as good as it can. And despite consuming many, many kettle chips and very little activity, I still seem to have lost weight. That won't be long returning, once I regain my sweet tooth...

MammaGnomes Tue 05-Mar-13 18:02:13

I am hoping that seeing my little smudge will lift my sickness too tat71. I've been really sick since about week 7 and I've lost about 7lb which was my target weight before finding out we were pregnant. slightly chuffed but also shows I have been ill and not just mard ha ha

TripleRock Tue 05-Mar-13 18:21:52

Hi all, and welcome to newbies and ex-lurkers!

Will officially be 12 weeks on Thursday smile So we've decided to start making our announcements this weekend. Will be nice news for the MIL on Mothers Day!

On other news, DD 2.4 fell down the stairs yesterday - right from top to bottom, backwards as well sad Luckily she is right as rain, but gave us quite a scare!

KamikazeeKid Tue 05-Mar-13 18:24:00

Ladies who are on 3rd bumps (or more)

What did you find a useful buy for baby #2? We never found out the sex with ds nor will we with this dc...so plenty of neutral bits for early days,....ds is only 18 months so have all my cot etc he refuses a buggy so im guessing a buggy board may be an idea to go on my Quinny...,all his early stuff is in good order so if we have a blue one we r set,...if is pink then will buy once born.

I want to buy something but not sure I need anything! Both will have been born within similar times of the year too...

KamikazeeKid Tue 05-Mar-13 18:24:35

Ps welcome newcomers and fab news about more twins! !

Here's the stats again emma:

http://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/information/ultrasound-scans/

not that I have the page permanently open on my iPhone or anything

Try again:

http://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/information/ultrasound-scans/

Fl0 can you re-post the link to your blog?

Creamtea1 Tue 05-Mar-13 18:52:15

kamikaze there's 23 months between my two and I honestly don't think I bought much aside from a few new clothes/bibs etc and the second cot(bed). I also got a cheap double buggy as ds1 preferred that to a buggy board - if he was tired he just sat himself in there. I think I gave the buggy board away in fact. Pretty much everything else I just reused.

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Tue 05-Mar-13 19:07:18

I bought a Phil & Teds, but only when ds was 8 months and started refusing a sling. I didn't drive, so DD had to walk everywhere, and run for buses, and she had asthma as a toddler, so I decided that a good double buggy was a lifesaver, and it was. I sold it for almost as much as it cost once I'd finished with it.

I tried a buggy board first, but didn't get on with it at all. I found it a nightmare for going up curbs, and I am tall, so had to stoop to reach the handles of the buggy, even on their highest setting, which was not good for my back.

I don't think I really bought anything else apart from boy clothes (had all neutral for very early days but ds didn't fit in newborn clothes as he was 10lb at birth).

I used cloth nappies, and did buy a couple of new wraps, but that was more because I wanted to, rather than because I really needed them!

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Tue 05-Mar-13 19:08:06

Will have to buy loads this time, as I wasn't going to have any more, so sold everything years ago! Ooops!

Tat71 Tue 05-Mar-13 19:14:04

I got double buggy when 2nd was born, worked out great as older was 2 at that stage and still having naps. Got buggy board a bit later and, while kerbs etc can be frustrating, it was generally great. Only thing is, with active 2yo it can be hard to get them to stay on board and not jump off. I didn't buy too much else, got lots of boy clothes as presents. Am glad to have double buggy now for no. 3, don't plan on buying anything at all this time!

Babyboo79 Tue 05-Mar-13 19:18:54

Hey, more scan news...

All still looks good and baby was bouncing around all over the place. I've been put forward to 13 weeks so due date is now 10th September. I feel like I've cheated by gaining a week for free blush not complaining though and does tie in with private scan.

Nuchal measurement was 1.5mm so now just have to wait for the bloods, should get a call within 3 days if high risk or a letter within a week. Suddenly feels like ages!

I told my sister today and she was over the moon and can't wait to be an aunt again grin. We'll probably wait for results before telling anyone else though.

Dh & I have been looking at buggies for the last week or two but after the scan think that it might not be so bad to buy something....

Weight wise I've gained 1.8kg by my scales & 2.7kg by the hospital scales...I know which one I'm going with!

MrsMc82 Tue 05-Mar-13 19:20:08

Good scan news here too, measured

11 weeks, too early for the nuchal as well so hv got another one in 2 weeks. ... kind of good cause get another look at the wee bean and kind of irritating that hv to go to blooming hosp again (was there over THREE hours today, long story!)....

EmmaDee Tue 05-Mar-13 19:45:14

Thanks so much readytosettle, have bookmarked for reassurance!!!! 99.4% of success!

I had a heartbeat at just over 8 weeks so clinging on to the 98% to get me through!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now